Already got it! [ 1 ] ** [7.14%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
mirocu
post Sep 24 2013, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Iīve already said shouted out that Iīm getting the Anthology for my collection and I couldnīt be more excited!! biggrin.gif Pixies will be up as soon as it arrives unless one of you beat me to it tongue.gif

I think itīs an awesome thing to do; give out all the games in the series in one, big bundle and I really hope theyīll do the same to the Fallout series. Since Arena and Daggerfall are more hard to come by in physical form these days Iīm the most excited about them though I donīt know if Iīll play them. But maybe I should, it almost feels like an obligation laugh.gif
Iīm also excited about the maps. Not only will I get copies of the maps I already have, but also one of Tamriel as a whole and one of Iliac Bay!

Anyway, the poll is up! Do your thing! happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 24 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I'm completely ambivalent towards it on account of already owning all the Elder Scrolls games I want, to be honest.

Also, I think you might have missed this thread. And placed this thread in completely the wrong forum...
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 24 2013, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Sep 24 2013, 12:06 PM) *

Also, I think you might have missed this thread. And placed this thread in completely the wrong forum...

As Iīve posted in it, no I didnīt miss it wink.gif And I donīt think it belongs in that particular section since the Anthology has all the games and not just the old ones. Furthermore, Iīm not sure if I can make a poll in that section. I couldnīt in the RPG section for some reason..

But yeah, the description of this section states "Anything but TES" but I didnīt see this thread fit for the Older Games section either mellow.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Sep 24 2013, 11:19 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Sep 24 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

I agree with Mustard,already have em and I probaly wouldn't have the room for it anyway
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 24 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Got it, playing Skyrim. I don't plan to take pictures of it, though, unless there's something you just can't wait to see. tongue.gif

I love the maps. I miss having manuals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 24 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #6

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I realized I should have made an "Already got it" option in the poll when I clicked Post Thread *facepalm*

And I canīt edit the poll kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 24 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I want it mainly for the maps, I already have the games that I would play.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 24 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Sep 24 2013, 03:46 AM) *

I realized I should have made an "Already got it" option in the poll when I clicked Post Thread *facepalm*

And I canīt edit the poll kvleft.gif

But I can. I took the liberty of adding that poll choice for you. smile.gif

I'm not going to get it. I'll simply drool over mirocu's copy. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Sep 24 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #9

Senor Snore
Group Icon

I won't buy it. I have Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion already.

I hint if anyone actually wants to play Arena and/or Daggerfall: backup your savegame files regularly. Take breaks. Do not forget to re-set your teleportation anchor after EVERY use of recall!!!! You don't want to be stuck in a Daggerfall dungeon. Oh and in Arena, in the autogenerated dungeons, the staircases are always at the same height and the same distance from the nearest western or eastern wall. Passwall is your friend, too.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 24 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #10

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I bow down and raise my glass to Acadianīs assistance and stargelmanīs advice! IPB Image
It could be fun to just try out Arena and Daggerfall but everyone speaks so harshly about their legendary difficulty. Some have not even gotten past the tutorial in Daggerfall! But Iīm getting this collection for precisely what it is; a collection of all Elder Scrolls titles smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Sep 24 2013, 03:48 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 24 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm giving it serious consideration as a source of Morrowind (with its expansions), and KotN. I haven't played either of those, yet.

I don't have Skyrim, either, but since the Anthology doesn't change anything about its requirement for Steam, it's not a factor. If I find that they've "steamed" the rest of the games, I won't get it. I already know that the DLC's for Oblivion aren't included (except as Steam downloads), but I wouldn't miss those.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Sep 24 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #12

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Getting past the intro dungeon in Daggerfall isn't that challenging. But try and keep playing it with the tedium of the autogenerated dungeons, that's a real challenge. Unless you're really into random dungeon crawling, then it's probably a great thing. Personally, I preferred roaming the huge cityscapes smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 24 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 24 2013, 04:58 PM) *

I'm giving it serious consideration as a source of Morrowind (with its expansions), and KotN. I haven't played either of those, yet.

Surely youīve played Morrowind?? ohmy.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 24 2013, 04:58 PM) *

If I find that they've "steamed" the rest of the games, I won't get it. I already know that the DLC's for Oblivion aren't included (except as Steam downloads), but I wouldn't miss those.

It would be a shame if theyīve "steamed" all the games but at least I already have unsteamed versions of Morrowind and Oblivion. And I really think they should have added all DLCs for Oblivion! I canīt see any reason why not include those in this awesome collection!

Edit: Maybe I thought of Arenaīs tutorial, stargelman. I know Iīve heard either game being legendary difficult right from the start.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Sep 24 2013, 04:12 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
stargelman
post Sep 24 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #14

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Well, Arena has one big problem: there's very few character classes you can actually play with. Try playing as a bard or a thief, and you're doomed to certain death a few meters into the first dungeon. Need a spellsword or similar to survive at all. Perhaps a knight, but that gets difficult later on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 24 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #15

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yikes. Not much room for roleplay then, I guess kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
stargelman
post Sep 24 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #16

Senor Snore
Group Icon

There aren't skills, either. But Arena makes up for it with atmosphere. It's fantastic. The MQ locations are breathtaking, as far as you can say that for game that's 20 years old. There's dark crypts deep under the earth that seem to stink of decay and where the weight of the stone above you seems to squash you into a claustrophobic pile of horror. There's zombie-infested underground dens. There's goblin-riddled spooky palaces where you find the last notes (and remains) of humans hunted to extinction. There's old mine shafts digged by dwarfes millennia ago. And there's inns with music so terrible it will make your ears bleed with horror.

It's worth it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 24 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m pretty excited about checking out Arena and Daggerfall. It’s the wandering that appeals to me the most. Your advice (take breaks, awesome) will surely cut down on the number of “Gaaah WTF *bangs head*” posts I make in the Older Games forum. tongue.gif

Also I should mention the Anthology box. It feels nice in the hand, looks good, entices with pretty pictures, and is not a big Thing that I have to display somewhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 24 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Sadly the "No I'm not going to get it, but gosh-darned-it, it does look awesome!!" option is not there... biggrin.gif ...

Given the lack of time I have, I wouldn't be able to give the older games their fair chance...

But the set does look well awesome innit!!...
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Sep 24 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #19

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

No, won't be buying it, mainly because I have played them all already. My 2 cents for anyone thinking of it? If you haven't played Morrowind, grab it - still my favourite game I've ever played. Daggerfall is too damn hard, especially at first, but persevere with it and it rocks. Arena, must admit, I didn't care for in the slightest. Although having read Starge's post below, that might be because I tried to play it as a Thief. Twice. Badly.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 25 2013, 01:35 AM
Post #20

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Might as well skip Arena and Daggerfall and start with the third game IMO. Unless you're a masochist or don't mind restarting 7 times in the first dungeon them you probably won't like them much. People who say Morrowind's combat is broken/bad have probably never played the first two games.

Then there are various useless skills like languages, broken quests, and dungeons with no exits. I played Daggerfall for a very short time before calling it quits. Basically my opinion is that I didn't miss much.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:21 AM