Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Thomas Kaira
post Nov 27 2011, 04:17 AM
Post #61

Mouth
Group Icon

I just had a VERY hairy tussle: me and two Hagravens for a Word of Power. Together, they were much too strong for me to fight, so I had to get creative, because I was not leaving without that Word. In the end, I managed to lure them away long enough for me to sneak into their lair, learn the Word, and loot their valuables. Afterwards, I made a very dramatic escape by using my Become Ethereal shout (the word I received was the second word for it) and jumping off the top of a 50-foot waterfall.

Good times! Gooood times!!!

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 27 2011, 05:11 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

Those are the hagravens that tossed Maxical off that island and into the water - she couldn't climb back up the steep sides of it. They followed, bashing her head under the water constantly till I was sure she would drown. She finally gave up trying to zap them and instead whipped out an axe. That ended the fight, but they gave her Brainrot in the melee. Urk !!

So far she has discovered over 200 locations, has 3 Dragon Priest masks, and probably about 12 shout words. She found a raft of Dwemer stuff that is weighing her down, it may be time to check out how safe the storage is in her room at the college, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 27 2011, 05:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 27 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

Here are some thoughts from J’Shanji:

Rumors abound of dragons in the sky, taking livestock and burning villages. Folk speak of war, despair, and the hope that a hero will rise to save them. J’Shanji turns things he has learned through his mind.

Many heard the thunder that day on the tundra outside Whiterun. The guards also felt the tremor that drove J’Shanji to his knees. But few heard the voices moaning on the wind, Dovahkiin.

They were calling him, J’Shanji knows. It is what others say that bothers him.

Some say the Dragonborn must carry Septim blood. J’Shanji holds no ill will toward man or mer. But the thought that a furless flat-face may have sired one of his line churns the stomach. The alternative is worse. Born with a dragon’s soul, others say. J’Shanji is Khajiit. How could the gods give him the soul of a lesser creature?

The Greybeards have the answers. J’Shanji knows where to go, when he is ready.

For now, J’Shanji wants the wind in his mane and the prey running before him. The Bosmer Faendal wants the same. Today they will hunt, and leave troublesome thoughts for tomorrow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 27 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 27 2011, 03:12 PM) *

Here are some thoughts from J’Shanji:

Rumors abound of dragons in the sky, taking livestock and burning villages. Folk speak of war, despair, and the hope that a hero will rise to save them. J’Shanji turns things he has learned through his mind.

Many heard the thunder that day on the tundra outside Whiterun. The guards also felt the tremor that drove J’Shanji to his knees. But few heard the voices moaning on the wind, Dovahkiin.

They were calling him, J’Shanji knows. It is what others say that bothers him.

Some say the Dragonborn must carry Septim blood. J’Shanji holds no ill will toward man or mer. But the thought that a furless flat-face may have sired one of his line churns the stomach. The alternative is worse. Born with a dragon’s soul, others say. J’Shanji is Khajiit. How could the gods give him the soul of a lesser creature?

The Greybeards have the answers. J’Shanji knows where to go, when he is ready.

For now, J’Shanji wants the wind in his mane and the prey running before him. The Bosmer Faendal wants the same. Today they will hunt, and leave troublesome thoughts for tomorrow.

That's one of those questions that will have to remain a mystery - like how was Mankar Camoran able to wear the Amulet of Kings. What I want to know is why we can't form a treaty between the Imperials and Stormcloaks to mass together and boot out the Thalmer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 27 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #65

Finder
Group Icon

After waking from an odd dream where she was ruthlessly overpowered by eye-less goblins and their pet bugs. (Eeeewwwwww *shivers*) Cameron resumed her studies in the Collage of Mages, not quite noticing her increased interest in Illusion spells. ((Was getting insanely trounced by Falmer despite several battle plan change ups, realized Cameron's perks were too spread out to make her effective, reloaded a level 4 save and replayed.))

While she gets along well with Brelyna through a series of misadventures when running some class assignments and some extra credit for the Library though Cameron is not going to let her Dunmer friend get near any more Alteration spells while she was close.

The Breton's scholastic endeavors have recently gone through something of a hiccup following a dragon attack at the Collage itself. The lizard, however, was apparently only the tip of the ice burg as the Thalmar 'adviser' to the Arch-Mage did something stupid.

The Collage in a panic, Mirabelle and Tolfdir have sent their two favorite students to the ruins of Labyrinthian in a last ditch attempt to stave off disaster.

All-in-all, Cameron thought, not the best time to ask Brelyna to marry her.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 02:59 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

Don't let a little thing like a dragon, a Thalmer, and your future bride turning you into a cow stop you from asking, Cameron!

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 28 2011, 06:15 AM
Post #67

Finder
Group Icon

After resolving some minor issues of an undead frost dragon followed by an undead Dragon Priest, Cameron and Brelyna went back to stop the end of the world as they knew it. Those matters behind her, Cameron faced a real challenge in asking her dear friend to marry her. Thankfully she agreed.

Day after returning to the Collage, however, there was a small matter to take care of. Growing irritated at the constant disruptions in studying, Cameron and her wife started heading to High Hrothgar, hopefully the Greybeards will have some idea what is up with the dragons around Skyrim.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 28 2011, 06:30 AM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Glad to hear about it liliandra! Aravi helped her with her spells and ran away very quickly. laugh.gif

Aravi entered Windhelm today and actually looked around the town. While in the dark elf run bar, Aravi unexpectedly ran into a familiar face. Apparently he had been hiding in this bar for a couple of days because a Thalmor assassin was after him. Because this person had been very helpful in the past, and feeling sympathy for him, Aravi went out and looked for this assassin. He had better cover than expected, but she found him and killed him. Back at the bar Aravi sent her friend on his way, and probably will never see him again since he said his destination was Morrowind.

Lydia has been getting on Aravi's nerves. Aravi just can't enjoy herself when Lydia's always standing around with a severe expression. She's about to get sent back to Whiterun. Anybody know of a follower that's a bit more easy going?

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 28 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #69

Finder
Group Icon

Not sure on any details on personalities, but there's a pretty good list here of followers and how to get them.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 28 2011, 07:11 AM
Post #70

Councilor
Group Icon

Techically yesterday in Skyrim, Arch-mage Wulff Olfsson, Bard (An education in poetic Death-maim-kill!!!...), saved the college of Winterhold from getting it's collective wands shoved somewhere by the Thalmor and ambled many miles with J'Zargo to recover the Staff of Magnus...Which Wulff then used to beat over the head of Ancano...

For his efforts, the remaining wizards decided to promote this slightly smelly giant Nord to Arch-Mage over people eminently more qualified, that had been working in the college for many many years previously...As you do...*Shrug*...

Afterwards, Wulff decided that it would probably be best if J'Zargo had some Legendary Ebony-Death Armour...'Cause someone found out that one of J'Zargo's major skills is Heavy Armour...Duh...So currently they are in Markath raiding Wulff's stash of Ebony Ingots...

EDIT!!...

Like this...Nice one... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Nov 28 2011, 07:31 AM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #71

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 28 2011, 12:30 AM) *

Lydia has been getting on Aravi's nerves. Aravi just can't enjoy herself when Lydia's always standing around with a severe expression. She's about to get sent back to Whiterun. Anybody know of a follower that's a bit more easy going?

Faendal and Vorstag both have great attitudes. None of the eye-rolling you get from Lydia. Vorstag has been particularly funny lately. He wanted to stop and start a fire in the middle of an ice cave, then he talked himself out of it. Real dialog, not me making stuff up. tongue.gif

Both of them look pretty grim sometimes, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 28 2011, 12:30 AM) *

Glad to hear about it liliandra! Aravi helped her with her spells and ran away very quickly. laugh.gif

Aravi entered Windhelm today and actually looked around the town. While in the dark elf run bar, Aravi unexpectedly ran into a familiar face. Apparently he had been hiding in this bar for a couple of days because a Thalmor assassin was after him. Because this person had been very helpful in the past, and feeling sympathy for him, Aravi went out and looked for this assassin. He had better cover than expected, but she found him and killed him. Back at the bar Aravi sent her friend on his way, and probably will never see him again since he said his destination was Morrowind.

Was it Quaranir? I ran into him in a bar too !! (and got some screens of him with Maxical).

I think the women in Skyrim are all glaring all the time - maybe because they can't find a clean man. But there are some very nice "working ladies" in one of the inns, I would have taken any one of them as a follower because they were so sweet and friendly - and no glaring.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 28 2011, 03:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Nov 28 2011, 01:11 AM) *

Afterwards, Wulff decided that it would probably be best if J'Zargo had some Legendary Ebony-Death Armour...'Cause someone found out that one of J'Zargo's major skills is Heavy Armour...Duh...So currently they are in Markath raiding Wulff's stash of Ebony Ingots...

GAAAH !! I need ebony ingots, where did you find them? I got one in a cave, but need more to improve my one Ebony sword.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 28 2011, 03:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #74

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 28 2011, 09:26 AM) *

GAAAH !! I need ebony ingots, where did you find them? I got one in a cave, but need more to improve my one Ebony sword.

I just bought some from Bits and Pieces in Solitude. Now I'm looking for the darn Castle Dour blacksmith. Where is he?! Argh.

Rowan is taking a lot of abuse for her outfit in Solitude. And I think the mean mage at the Blue Palace just tried to send her to her death. We'll see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 28 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

The blacksmith is right next to the archery shop if that helps. I went right past it so many times while I was hunting for it.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #76

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 28 2011, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 28 2011, 09:26 AM) *

I just bought some from Bits and Pieces in Solitude. Now I'm looking for the darn Castle Dour blacksmith. Where is he?! Argh.

Rowan is taking a lot of abuse for her outfit in Solitude. And I think the mean mage at the Blue Palace just tried to send her to her death. We'll see.

Oh thank you !!! Er...what outfit is she wearing? I heard you have to buy a dress at a shop and "go show it to her" to see if it meets her approval...wait, was that in Markarth or Solitude? Can't remember.

Maxical is wearing the Forsaken outfit, so far no one has noticed. One thing I loved about Fallout 3 was that you could "fool" factions into thinking you were one of them by donning their armor. Doesn't work in Skyrim, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #77

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 28 2011, 10:24 AM) *

The blacksmith is right next to the archery shop if that helps. I went right past it so many times while I was hunting for it.

KC, awesome, thanks! I can’t believe how many times I walked right by it. D’oh!

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 28 2011, 11:31 AM) *

Oh thank you !!! Er...what outfit is she wearing? I heard you have to buy a dress at a shop and "go show it to her" to see if it meets her approval...wait, was that in Markarth or Solitude? Can't remember.

Maxical is wearing the Forsaken outfit, so far no one has noticed. One thing I loved about Fallout 3 was that you could "fool" factions into thinking you were one of them by donning their armor. Doesn't work in Skyrim, lol.

That must be the Radiant Raiment attire I saw for sale. I’ll bet the snotty woman would approve of that one!

Rowan was wearing one of those blue dresses with the brown corset when she got the comment. Now she’s wearing the sluttiest thing she could find at that Altmer’s friend’s store. Hah! Take that, nasty Altmer... woman. It’s the tavern wench dress, only in blue.

She also picked up a couple of nice enchanted things there. smile.gif

Rowan is hauling around the Forsaken armor for when she gets a chance to go back to that hot springs area and hunt. I wonder if she can get Vorstag to wear one. hubbahubba.gif I'll have to see if she can improve it at the workbench. Items required: uh, feathers?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

Maxical's forsaken armor and weapons are all improved, making them the best stuff in the game that she can get at her level. They are all lightweight and once improved have great armor ratings!

The rating is 55 for the armor. 19 for boots and gauntlets, 26 for the headress (it looks cute on her, but she wears the scaled helmet instead for a 29 armor rating). She has enchanted the guantlets to increase her one-arm skills. (and maybe the boots too, can't remember).

For some reason the helm and armor would not enchant, or maybe wouldn't with that particular enchantment.

** OH !! I'll bet whatever you are wearing has to have a certain value level to get a good comment. (like that guard in Castle Leyawiin, (Oblivion) - where he won't let you in the dinner party unless your outfit is a certain value?

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 28 2011, 06:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 28 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Wulff's armour rating is 425 altogether...At the mo... biggrin.gif ...

And the Ebony Ingots were bought at whatever blacksmith or shop I was near at the time...Before I started raiding it, my stash was 55 Ingots altogether... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #80

Councilor
Group Icon

Today brings sad news.

J’Shanji the Khajiit warrior could take down a dragon, and he could kill a sabre cat. But alas, he could not do both at the same time. As his blood-clouded vision faded to red, he noticed with some satisfaction that at least the sabre cat was on fire, too.

J’Shanji’s last thoughts were of his doomed friend, Faendal. Even as his soul winged toward Aetherius, J’Shanji heard Faendal scream at the dragon, “I’ll see you in pieces!”

That seems unlikely, my friend. Your bones will not rest in Valenwood, nor will this one’s find the warm sands of Elsweyr. (Unless the dragon goes for a long flight after dinner.) No, they will land somewhere near here, entombed in a dragon pellet along with those of the STUPID FETCHING SABRE CAT for all eternity or until the world ends, which is now likely to be pretty damn soon.

Now before anyone hunts me down in vengeance, I must point out that cats have nine lives. J’Shanji’s spirit will no doubt return to inhabit another Khajiit, looking a lot like the first one because I was lazy when I made him and just used a bunch of presets. embarrased.gif

I’m done with DiD for now. Skyrim is a crazy place! This weekend Rowan tried to set a record for most deaths in a ten minute period. Then she couldn’t find Vorstag. My nerves can’t take it any more! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:14 AM