Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Persephone's Return, Plus, Amazons!
SubRosa
post Sep 27 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Playing Persephone in the Fallout games and Pillars of Eternity has been putting me in the mood to bring her back to Skyrim. I could just go with the old gear, but you know me, I love to play dress up.

In the That Mod Looks Interesting topic haute suggested Persephone trying on the armor from Greek Armor Revamped. But it's not quite right for Persephone.

I am looking at other outfits for her. The last time I tried I wound up defaulting to the old Eisen Platte however. It is just so hard to top that, both in terms of quality of workmanship, and in visual concept. Persephone cannot wear just anything. Her outfit has to suit who she is, which is notably: dead.

I did find a new sword for her, from Drunkzealot's somewhat historically accurate weapons. It's an outstanding reproduction of a flamberge zweihander.

The zweihander does work very well with the plate armor from Zzjay's Wardbrobe. I shot this down before, but that was without this sword. With the zweihander it creates a neat Fantasy German Landsknecht look.

While I have been experimenting with Persephone, the Greek Armor mod got me thinking of playing an Amazon character. I already played a Roman in Skyrim, so why not an Amazon. Perhaps Penthesilea, plucked by the gods from the Trojan War and dropped into Skyland?

Here is a test. I am still looking for a weapon. The Xiphos and Falcata that came with the Greek Armor mod are not that great. I found a Xiphos mod, but I don't like the way the blade looks, and the pommel is kind of weird as well. So I think I will look in some of the weapon packs to see if any have any Xiphos or Kopis - looking swords. Something bronze would be nice, as it would reinforce the idea of a Bronze Age person. Though iron/steel would work as well, as some of those old bronze cuirasses were still being used well into the Classical Era, and even as late as the Hellenic Age we hear of Alexander shacking up with an Amazon queen.

The Dwarven War Axe might work in a pinch however. Amazons are famous for using battle axes. It is where the labrys comes from, and probably the saying of being "an old battle axe".

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 28 2015, 10:45 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 27 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Cool ideas, all!

I'm a big fan of zzjay's plate armor, especially the dark plate retex. It suits my Nord character Halle so well.

That Dwarven War Axe looks perfect with Penny. However, it's a bit bright compared to her armor. Perhaps a duller retex? Or would that be a normal? I'm not familiar with all the graphics terms, but I think the normal map controls the reflectivity of the object?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 27 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

The dark plate is a little too dark for Persephone. It is a pretty big stretch going so far from the white outfit as the regular plate.

I found a sword from Jaysus Swords that works. The Albensword fits the motif of being a weapon from the edges of Greek civilization, something from Thrace, Scythia, or Asia Minor. Which were the stomping grounds of the RL cultures that inspired the Greek Amazon myths.

Of course that is the only thing that interests me in the entire pack. So now I either have to live with my constructable item lists being even more clogged, or I will have to pull out the mesh and textures of that one sword and make a standalone mod for only it.

So I made the standalone mod. While I was at it I whipped up a bronze version of the Albensword.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 27 2015, 11:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 28 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Now that bronze texture fits the Amazon armor even better than the Dwarven Axe! I really like the looks of that sword, almost like a Chinese dao just smaller.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 28 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

I am thinking of changing the color of the guard on the sword, and going from bronze to steel-grey. That will give it some contrast with the blade and grip.

I came up with a new eye color for Persephone. I have been going with a similar silver-eyed look with her incarnations in other games. Probably another effect of watching Claymore, and its silver-eyed witches!

I think I pretty much have Persephone ready to play. I just have to decide where to start her out. I am thinking of the border gate south of Fort Neugrad. She could just walk right into the province from there.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 28 2015, 10:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 28 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

That silver eye color looks beautiful in a haunting way. I love it! I think that border gate is a good place to stroll into Skyrim. I was just in that neighborhood with Lil and Jerric trying to camp without having to slay the whole Hold first. huh.gif

Your bronze Albensword looks like a winner! I’d like to see your idea with more contrast, but the bronze ties in with the armor very well. I think a hint of steel grey like you mentioned would pick up the color on the shield edge. Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 29 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 27 2015, 02:51 PM) *

Playing Persephone in the Fallout games and Pillars of Eternity has been putting me in the mood to bring her back to Skyrim. I could just go with the old gear, but you know me, I love to play dress up.

In the That Mod Looks Interesting topic haute suggested Persephone trying on the armor from Greek Armor Revamped. But it's not quite right for Persephone.

I am looking at other outfits for her. The last time I tried I wound up defaulting to the old Eisen Platte however. It is just so hard to top that, both in terms of quality of workmanship, and in visual concept. Persephone cannot wear just anything. Her outfit has to suit who she is, which is notably: dead.

I did find a new sword for her, from Drunkzealot's somewhat historically accurate weapons. It's an outstanding reproduction of a flamberge zweihander.

The zweihander does work very well with the plate armor from Zzjay's Wardbrobe. I shot this down before, but that was without this sword. With the zweihander it creates a neat Fantasy German Landsknecht look.

While I have been experimenting with Persephone, the Greek Armor mod got me thinking of playing an Amazon character. I already played a Roman in Skyrim, so why not an Amazon. Perhaps Penthesilea, plucked by the gods from the Trojan War and dropped into Skyland?

Here is a test. I am still looking for a weapon. The Xiphos and Falcata that came with the Greek Armor mod are not that great. I found a Xiphos mod, but I don't like the way the blade looks, and the pommel is kind of weird as well. So I think I will look in some of the weapon packs to see if any have any Xiphos or Kopis - looking swords. Something bronze would be nice, as it would reinforce the idea of a Bronze Age person. Though iron/steel would work as well, as some of those old bronze cuirasses were still being used well into the Classical Era, and even as late as the Hellenic Age we hear of Alexander shacking up with an Amazon queen.

The Dwarven War Axe might work in a pinch however. Amazons are famous for using battle axes. It is where the labrys comes from, and probably the saying of being "an old battle axe".

No, that doesn't suit Persephone - but that shield is gorgeous!

That plate armor is absolutely Awesome, and the helmet suits Persephone - but I don't feel like the armor does, over all.

Maybe take that Amazon armor and change the color/textures? I still like the plate helm better; because this one obscures her face too much (and the plate one even showed her hair!)

That Dwarven axe reay matches the Amazon outfit well

I always love watching your outfitting decisions! The ability to change clothing was one of the things that made me first fall in love with Oblivion, laugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2015, 05:00 PM) *

I am thinking of changing the color of the guard on the sword, and going from bronze to steel-grey. That will give it some contrast with the blade and grip.

I came up with a new eye color for Persephone. I have been going with a similar silver-eyed look with her incarnations in other games. Probably another effect of watching Claymore, and its silver-eyed witches!

I think I pretty much have Persephone ready to play. I just have to decide where to start her out. I am thinking of the border gate south of Fort Neugrad. She could just walk right into the province from there.

Is that the same eyes as Serana?

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 27 2015, 05:06 PM) *

The dark plate is a little too dark for Persephone. It is a pretty big stretch going so far from the white outfit as the regular plate.

I found a sword from Jaysus Swords that works. The Albensword fits the motif of being a weapon from the edges of Greek civilization, something from Thrace, Scythia, or Asia Minor. Which were the stomping grounds of the RL cultures that inspired the Greek Amazon myths.

Of course that is the only thing that interests me in the entire pack. So now I either have to live with my constructable item lists being even more clogged, or I will have to pull out the mesh and textures of that one sword and make a standalone mod for only it.

So I made the standalone mod. While I was at it I whipped up a bronze version of the Albensword.

I like the look of the first one better, think it looks wicked! Like it could do more damage or something - but that is just me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 29 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

One of the things I really love about the TES games are the clothing and armor options. Other games often have very little variety to choose from. But Bethesda always gives us tons of different options to choose from when it comes to deciding how to dress. From armor to just plain old clothing.

Persephone's new eyes are a variation of her previous ones, which are called the Vampire02 eyes. But I don't think they ever used them for vampires, even before Dawnguard changed them. Serana's eyes are different, they have an orange color.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 29 2015, 02:38 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2015, 07:17 PM) *

One of the things I really love about the TES games are the clothing and armor options. Other games often have very little variety to choose from. But Bethesda always gives us tons of different options to choose from when it comes to deciding how to dress. From armor to just plain old clothing.

Persephone's new eyes are a variation of her previous ones, which are called the Vampire02 eyes. But I don't think they ever used them for vampires, even before Dawnguard changed them. Serana's eyes are different, they have an orange color.

The little child vampire from the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary - her eyes look a lot like that, but I can't remember her name.

On the clothing - When i first started playing Oblivion, I spent hours trying on different outfits on her; every dress/shirt/etc. that I picked up anywhere got tried on, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 29 2015, 02:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:40 PM