Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things you like (or don't like) about your character(s)
Renee
post Mar 18 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Just a simple list of things we like about our characters. You can even list things you don't like about them if you wish. They don't always do things that are agreeable to us, after all. Since I'm the one starting this thread, I will uhh... start. huh.gif

Lady Saga, a.k.a. the Ranger from Valenwood

IPB Image

THINGS I LIKE

1). She's determined. There's something about her that's just so driven, it's a trait I often lack in real-life. Yet, despite her drive, Saga can also be somewhat...

2). Unfocused. She's got this random desire to explore all of Cyrodiil. She's been at it for years (and I've been exploring with her now literally for years, on three different platforms). Her 'random desire' is rather unfocused, though. I never know which direction she's going to wind up taking at any moment. While this can be true of a lot of our characters; a lot of them are adventurers, after all, there's something about my archer from Valenwood that always has me wondering a bit. She doesn't actually do many quests, nor is she interested in wealth or stealing or fame, or any of the other usual things some of my others are all about.

3). She's pretty. wub.gif I'm proud to have created such a beautiful creature, using only vanilla tools at that, on PS3, Xbox, and PC. The latest version of Saga (on PC) is a bit grumpy-looking, but I think this suits her to some extent. She lives in a tough world, after all.

4). She's aged. The original Saga on PS3 was young and nubile. Literally a babe with a bow. When I started her game on Xbox, I RP'd that it was 5 years later, and on PC it's now 7 years later than 433. I think. With each new incarnation of Lady Saga, I've pushed the slider slightly further to the right.

5). She's good with a bow. It's not just me 'aiming' her shots, and pressing the buttons, it's also the fact that her combination of skills literally often points her in the right direction.

6). She's fond of wildlife. She's got a respect for the creatures of Cyrodiil.

7). She often shrugs social norms away. She's pretty, yet she's not afraid to get rude to an NPC if she disagrees with him or her. She's got a b!tchy side, I guess you could say. Again, this is a trait I admire, since in real-life I often must kowtow to some teachers, parents, and other such people in my life. Sometimes I just wanna tell some of 'em how I really feel, yet it's not always feasible to do so (and remain in good graces, socially). Saga could care less.

- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -

THINGS I DON'T LIKE (honestly, there aren't many).

1). She's rather frail. This doesn't really seem to matter most of the time, until it does. wink.gif Up against a majority of stronger opponents in Cyrodiil, Saga must flee. This was true on PS3, and is even truer on PC with MMM going in her game.

2). She relies on poisons a little too much.

3). She was too much of an uber on Xbox (fixed on PC). This was really my fault, actually. Every stealth shot she made was virtually a guaranteed 1-shot kill. It's the reason I abandoned her on Xbox. Ironically, on PS3 I didn't have her Attributes as finely-honed, so on this system she began getting pwned a little too easily by the time she was Level 6 or so.

Mmmm. That seems to be all. How about yours? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 18 2014, 10:08 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 18 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #2

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yay, another Renee-thread! laugh.gif

What do I like or dislike about Lothran... Well, for starters I´m just happy to have been gaming with him ever since Feb 2007 without ever starting over. I like that he´s a good character, although a bit rough at the edges, and his sense of paying back to those who has been nice to him is always there. I´m also glad he never bothered to deal with that amulet business dry.gif

One thing I dislike is that he picked 116 of those rare Nirnies instead of leaving them alone, just to make Sinderion happy. I also really dislike that he killed that unicorn sad.gif

That said, I´m happy to have him as my character and I hope for many hours more smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 18 2014, 04:57 PM) *

One thing I dislike is that he picked 116 of those rare Nirnies instead of leaving them alone, just to make Sinderion happy. I also really dislike that he killed that unicorn sad.gif

Wow, I didn't know these. Yes, I'm glad I haven't had a "nirnroot-picker" (not a serious one) yet. Would kinda be sad if they all went extinct. Same goes for Welkynd stones.

Anyways, I am glad Lothran is still alive 'n' kicking, too. Without him something would be missing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 18 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah, I also dislike that he picked alot of Welkynd stones tongue.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Mar 18 2014, 10:04 PM) *

I am glad Lothran is still alive 'n' kicking, too. Without him something would be missing.

Awww, wasn´t that a nice thing to say? happy.gif I feel that about many characters, Saga included smile.gif

And Kahreem, whose stories go so well to my morning tea. Ho-hum... *wink-wink* whistling.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Mar 18 2014, 11:39 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I've not had Eldrar long, but there are a few things I like about him:

For one he still has that new-char smell rollinglaugh.gif (Sorry, couldn't resist that one)

Okay, serious list:

I like that he collects every alchemical ingredient he comes across, even though he has no use for most of them beyond selling them to alchemists.

I like that he has absolutely no idea what to make of Nirnroots, so leaves them alone.

I like that Jeanne Frasoric is completely different in his world.

And I like that for him to be able to run long distance he has to cast a fortify fatigue spell because of the armour he wears.

Haven't found anything to dislike yet, but I'm sure they'll be something sooner or later.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 19 2014, 08:11 AM
Post #6

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Mar 18 2014, 11:39 PM) *

Well, I've not had Eldrar long, but there are a few things I like about him:

For one he still has that new-char smell rollinglaugh.gif (Sorry, couldn't resist that one)

Oooooooh! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 19 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Fun thread, Renee!

Most of my non-story Oblivion characters have retired, but I still have Kanet (not her real name).

Things I like:

She’s fun. Kanet approaches the world with humor. She doesn’t have a lot of grief or worries. It’s not that bad things never happen to her, it’s just that she lets them go.

She has a lot of style. Hair, makeup, outrageous clothes, jewelry, she wants it all. She finally found a horse that’s pretty enough for her. She’d rather walk in high-heeled boots than ride a boring horse.

She’s a thief. It’s been a long time since I went snooping through shops, pockets, and houses after dark. Kanet wants to know what everyone has. And if they have something shiny she’ll take it.

Things I dislike:

Kanet doesn’t connect with people. She’s an interested observer, but she isn’t touched by other peoples’ joys or pain. I’d like her more if she cared about something.

She’s not much of a fighter. This means I worry about her dying.

She doesn’t think about the future. This is part of what makes her fun because it means she’s carefree. It also means she completely lacks hope. There’s no tomorrow, so she’s not building anything with her life. I want her to have a purpose, so I’m constantly aware of player/character boundaries. She won’t be fun anymore if I overstep.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 26 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Mar 18 2014, 06:39 PM) *

I know what you mean. Exactly what you mean. smile.gif There's something about a brand-new character who you don't really 'know' yet, beyond preconceived notions. My newest one is so new, I can't even really say what I like & don't about her yet.

... welll I do like the fact that Renee Gade III is sword & board. Nice to have somebody who can just rush in and bash some brains, instead of sneaking around looking for that perfect shot like Saga does. emot-ninja1.gif And if Saga gets it wrong, she pretty much sucks at 1-on-1 melee combat. Can't wait until she can summon things.

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 19 2014, 07:01 AM) *

Things I dislike:

Kanet doesn’t connect with people. She’s an interested observer, but she isn’t touched by other peoples’ joys or pain. I’d like her more if she cared about something.

This one's really interesting. Wow. She sounds like my Mycharonna or Luci Pheria, except that Kanet doesn't seem as overly 'evil', perhaps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 26 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

I do not play Oblivion that much any more. But Astarte is one of my most recent characters whom I really connected with.

Things I like about Astarte:
She is always poised, coiffed, and regal in bearing.

She is dedicated and relentless. Once she commits to something, nothing will stop her from finishing it.

Things I do not like:
She is sad. She is a Queen without a Queendom. Not only has her country vanished, but her entire race with it as well. All that is left are a few dusty old stones. She feels cast off, and disconnected from this new world of the 3rd Era.

She does not have a sense of humor. She never laughs, never finds things funny, never truly just enjoys herself. She is always deadly serious.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 27 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Awww, a queen without a queendom. Yeah, she seems sad.

Snaat Rayag, a.k.a. 'Snaaty'

*pic goes here*

THINGS I LIKE

1). He was my first PC character for TES: 4, and I used the console quite a lot with him. The tilde key on my keyboard got quite a workout during the month of January.

2). He's got a rather unique situation and backstory. He's 'aligned' with all the bandits and necromancers of his world. The game even lists the fact that he's part of the Bandit faction when I look at his Faction page (in the menus). His bandit/necro alignments happened due to my first experiments with the console. It's kinda nice being able to freely walk in and out of 'bad guy' lairs. His backstory included being freed by the Emperor, yet this pardon was not honored by the Imperials out there, since he still had a 999 gold bounty upon his head upon his release (more console stuff).

3). He's an outlaw. emot-ninja1.gif A skooma salesman, basically. This is all he wants to do in life. He's been contacted by the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, yet has no interest in either of these factions.

4). He doesn't use his own product very often. He's not a 'skooma head', he's more about the business side of things.

- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -

THINGS I DON'T LIKE

1). His questless game is fun for awhile, but all he does is skooma sales. He's really into this, but I find myself more drawn to Saga and Renee's games. It's been over a month since I've been with Snaaty.

2). He makes easy money, a bit too easy. unsure.gif I roll dice to simulate a variety of NPCs buying or selling, and each 'sale' means 50 gold in Snaaty's pocket. Even with a 1 in 6 chance for a sale, and another 1 in 6 for extra doses sold, Snaaty manages to make some serious coin compared to my others, who must 'work' for their gold. Easy money might be a thing some gamers might like, but I prefer somewhat of a challenge, and I get this challenge with my others.

3). Not that all characters have to be studs or beauty queens, but Snaaty's not very easy on the eyes. huh.gif

4). There's also something about him I simply don't like. Can't put a finger on it. He doesn't go around killing random folks, nor is he a master thief, but there's something in his personality that rubs me wrong. I've used illegal substances in the past, and some drug dealers are just unpleasant to be around. You want to get away from them as soon as you can. Snaaty's like that.

5). He's not very good with combat. Not that this makes much of a diff. If he has to flee, there's usually a horse nearby for him to steal (usually from a road patrol).

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 27 2014, 02:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 7 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

Lissa Cristenn.... what an I say about her!

Things I like:

Her fashion sense: She dresses very casually, almost out of style with the rest of Cyrodiil. She often tells me she should have been born in a less 'formal' era.

Her personality: Much like above, she speaks and acts in a very in-formal manner. She is quirky, lively and eager to be a friend to anybody in need.

Things I don't like:

Her adventure armour: I say armour, but it's not. She usually wears normal clothes when out adventuring, which is fine; despite the fact she enjoys fighting Melee. It's dangerous for her, but she refuses to wear 'clunky' armour.

I'll add more later!
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Apr 29 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Okay, things I like about Tarvyn:

He's making me play the game differently. Using open spells to scout passageways was something I'd never thought to do before, and now he keeps a light on target spell handy, even though he's got nighteye.

He's a jack of all trades who can't function as a jack of all trades. He might have blade, marksman, and destruction, but no armour means using a blade is decidedly dangerous.

Dungeon dives are far more intense. Sneaking from shadow to shadow, arrows in the dark, planning then acting. It's brilliant.

New gameplay experiences. Travelling to Weynon Priory after leaving the tutorial. At night, staying clear of the roads. It was awesome.

He's very friendly with his horse. Maybe this is more the horse than Tarvyn, but the two have a rapport.

Things I don't like about Tarvyn:

Ermm... Nothing yet...

I'm sure something will turn up sooner or later.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Apr 7 2014, 08:03 PM) *

Lissa Cristenn.... what an I say about her!

Things I don't like:

Her adventure armour: I say armour, but it's not. She usually wears normal clothes when out adventuring, which is fine; despite the fact she enjoys fighting Melee. It's dangerous for her, but she refuses to wear 'clunky' armour.

Sounds like she herself isn´t so bad then.. wink.gif

And Tarvyn seems even better! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
gpstr
post Aug 31 2016, 01:22 AM
Post #14

Agent

Gonna resurrect this thread (I presume that's all right...) just because it seems to be the right place for the thing I'm in the mood to write, which isn't really an update.

I spent a while last night taking shots of Cressida's house on the hills east of the IC, so, since it'd been over a year since I spent any time with her and she's one of my all-time favorites, I took the chance to take her out and run through a couple of dungeons.

Cressida (also linked on the homes thread).

She's one of my three "little elves." That's actually their name in-game - not very imaginative, I know, but a fake race isn't lore friendly anyway, so I figured a simple non-lore name was better than a complex one. And I'm just not that good at coming up with good names anyway.

The little elves have penalties to strength and endurance and bonuses to agility and intelligence. My first one (and the character I created the race specifically for) was my animal conjurer Hanna. She was a struggle early on just because she was so physically weak. Cressida came about pretty much by accident - I had nothing specific in mind other than that she was going to use a claymore, since I find claymores to actually be better for relatively weak characters, since they allow the character to keep her distance from opponents. Even with that though, I figured she'd be a challenge.

I was just randomizing faces and browsing, when I happened to get Cressida's face, pretty much the way you see it there (though with vanilla hair instead of that hair, which is actually a wig, and in fact, I don't even remember now what her real hair looks like). She caught my attention immediately, but I was sort of hesitant since her skin is coppery gold - not yellow or beige or tan or brown, but very definitely gold. It's really not a natural skin color (unless you're Doc Savage), but the more I looked at her, the more I liked her, and I gave her a chance.

The odd thing about Cressida, and the reason I wanted to post this, is that she was never a struggle. She was never even particularly challenged. I'm not sure really why that is - her build isn't notably different from anyone else's, but there never seemed to be a point in the game - even in the depths of the level 10 trough, when Will o' Wisps and Bears start showing up - when it seemed like she was ever even in any real danger. From the very beginning, she was just cool and collected and very efficient. It wasn't even a personality trait that I tried on her and decided mostly fit - it was something that I only came to realize over time. Where most characters go places and do things and get hurt and scared and intimidated and wary, she just went places and did things very calmly and efficiently and successfully.

So that's what I like about Cressida. I've played a few characters who are notably confident and strong, but no other who surprised me with it like she did. Generally it's just the opposite - I decide that they're confident, then they have to struggle a bit to justify that. With her, I didn't have that in mind at all - she just went ahead and did it anyway.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:41 PM