Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good-Aligned faction?
Taeronai
post Mar 19 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Associate

As you all know, there'll be five factions in Oblivion. Problem is, few of them have any sort of ideology or agenda, and none of them is outspokenly benevolent towards anyone but themselves.
Fighters Guild - Mercenaries, basically. I would guess they have some idea of honor though.
Mage Guild - Introverted, esoteric. Out for knowledge, and probably won't let anything get in their way to reach it.
Thieves Guild - Well.. thieves. Surely they're not straightforwardly evil, but they'll definately be selfish above all else.
The Arena - Not even a real faction. Just people bashing eachother's heads in for glory.
Dark Brotherhood - They're called Dark for a reason. Backstapping, throatslitting, poisoning, lying and spying, for reasons only they and their clients are aware of.

In Morrowind however, things were different. There were the Imperial Guard, making sure people could travel around somewhat unmolested, simply upholding the Pax Cyrodiilia, so to speak. And more importaint, there were two different temples - these guys did have pretty different opinions, but in generally, legitimate religious organizations try to do good. Rarely they succeed (often they just do things worse), but at least their intentions are, well, good.

Of course, the Main Quest in Oblivion is perfect for a good-aligned character (saving the world from evil and so on), but besides from a bunch of helping-the-villagers-ish quests, most of the game seems to be neutral-inclined; different ways of making yourself more powerful.

So, here's a list of factions that I'd like to see modded in:
- Robin Hood-sort of organisation. Fighting some unscrupulous nobles abusing their power and wealth, aiding rebellions, etc.
- An order of Paladins, with a mission to root out undead, exterminate vampires, protecting the weak from monster invasions, putting an end to corrupt tyrants, etc.
- The Nine Divines: some more turning undead, but also a lot of pacifistic missions, like acting judge, negotiating truce between two irreconcilable enemies, and simply aiding my temple, in their quest of ending strife, corruption among the powerful, and general misery.

So, uhm, that's what I had to say. I'd especially love to see the Robin Hood-ish faction as a mod. ^^
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Toidi.Loof
post Mar 28 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Associate

I heartingly agree, more good guilds are needed. I would like to see a guild that is similer to the fighters guild, but is based more on honour. The problem is that it seems like the only way a guild can survive economically is by being evile or corrupt. Whatever the organisation it needs to be poor. I would of pictured the imperial cult as being an evile organisation., but i like the robin hood and imperial guard ideas smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Mar 29 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Agent

Right around where you said viliger-ish i said to myself, yea he has had my thoughts. You should be able to be evil. Instead of just saving the world, study necromancy and strive to take over tamriel!

I like 2 of your guild idea's

1) robin hood type ( not actualy robinhood obviously)
2) and the palladins

a few i would like to add

1) Protection agency type guild (for the patiant player to guard and follow someone for a few days.. for a big payout! hehe) also ask them for protection
2) like the vampire hunters in the imperial city only more like
Vampire hunters, Dark brotherhood, and the Blades combined i guess, like pro's but slick like assassins
3) A fight club type guild for hand-to-hand combat where you fight, drink, watch fighting, lagh and talk about the fighting, and every week a small turny where the npc's and yourself move up the latter and the winner gets a small prize.
4) And i dono what to call this one but, its kinda like a guild, but its realy just a group of about 3-4 people that wander the world and watch out for the inocent, and kill evil creatures. Like warriors/do-gooders
5) Oposite of 4

just make these up as i go along im sure i could think of hundreds. whatcha think?

--------------------
Not what could be, not what should be, but what is.
~Allan Watts

Check out the Fantality Mods web site, we could use more people.
http://fantality.leviathanlvt.com/
+Quote Post
Breck11
post Mar 31 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #4

Associate

Dirox's number 3 is a good idea. I would like a corrupt imperial watch to go along with the reg. imperial watch. sorta like that one guard in imperial city. (sorry if that spoiled something unsure.gif ) anyway, so you would like extort merchants and such...
+Quote Post
Time
post Mar 31 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #5

Associate

... I would think after beating the main story you should be allowed to be a guard.. not of the emperor... but the people... random acts of violence and theft should take place and you should have the option For Once to ask THEM ... Pay the fine.. or go to jail.. and when they resist you can enforce the holy hell out of them. evillol.sml.gif

--------------------
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
+Quote Post
Luciro
post Apr 1 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #6

Retainer

Having done most of the Thief Quests each of them were overly Robin Hood toned. The Gray Fox protecting the beggers and the Water Front residents who are too poor to pay taxes isn't good algined enough?

I think you guys want an overtly blind to the chaos they wrought guild. Like a church for a good deity and you would gladdly murder anyone the quests direct you too as long as it was for a 'good' company?

I think it's balanced enough in the game as is. They're each good, even the Dark Brotherhood for what it's worth. Also you have to think this part of the Eldar Scrolls world has been civilized for quite some time. Ethics and what not always goes gray the longer you regulate it.

A vampire hunter or even just daedric / demonic hunter's guild and line of quests I can certainly see tho'. Someone needs rewarded for squishing Imps.
+Quote Post
stingray00alex
post Apr 5 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #7

Retainer

on the flip side, to truly make it an open ended game of choices, you should be able to side with oblivion and preform quests for evil deadra in exchange for safety when all *** breaks loose when oblivion takes over, and money and power.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:50 PM