3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Skyrim Home and Garden Tour
Lopov
post Mar 18 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Aard "lives" in Hjerim, in fact he moved in after killing the Butcher and not being appropriately rewarded for his service to the community so he decided not to return the key to the manor. He doesn't spend much time there and mostly uses it for sleeping but for him it's the closest to what counts as home in Skyrim.

Hjerim is mostly unfurnished but Aard brought some furniture from the Aretino's Residence and from the House of Curiosities. Let's have a look at his cold home:

This is the main hall which is completely unfurnished except the candlestick which he brought from the Aretino Residence so he can see where the lock on the door is.

This is what counts as the kitchen in Aard's Hjerim. He brought his favorite chair from the Aretino Residence while the table, the dining chair and the cooking pot are from the Butcher's house. He hasn't used the cooking pot yet and the goat leg has been lying there for days. Aard mostly uses the kitchen to warm himself because it's the warmest room in Hjerim, you can see him sitting in his favorite chair.

This is once again the main hall from the other perspective, except the lantern which he brought from the Butcher's house, there isn't anything of interest. This room served as the Butcher's sacrificial room but Aard managed to clean it of bones and blood. He doesn't use the room but he prefers it without bodily remains.

Moving upstairs we come to another long hall, unfurnished except the lantern. The bedroom on the left is the most furnished place in Hjerim, because most items have already been there when he moved in. There is the Aretino family heirloom on the floor, while on the table you can see the semi-rare fur helmet, another lantern and the flagon. The note on the floor is the "We know" message from Astrid while the chest next to the bed is empty except for the key to the White Phial. The second pic shows the small wardrobe with merchant's clothes on it which were never worn, at least not by Aard. Next to the clothes are some flowers which Aard bought from Sophie but they're not seen clearly in the pic.

EDIT: Taking items and bringing them to Hjerim was achieved by Jaxonz Positioner Mod which allows you to take even statics with you.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Mar 18 2015, 10:53 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 19 2015, 01:26 AM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Ooo, Aard’s Hjerim suits him perfectly! What a great idea for him to just move in there. I love it! How did you get the blood and parts cleaned up in the secret room? It looks so echo-y and dark, but with the sweet touch of Sophie’s flowers. My character Jensa lives in Hjerim with her family, her Housecarl, and two dogs, so it’s neat to see it looking so different. Thank you for sharing Aard’s northern quarters with us!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 19 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #43

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov - Grits is right that Aard's house suits him well - dark, harsh and cool just like the city of Windhelm itself. Great setup for him!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 19 2015, 05:05 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

Dark, empty, and cold. Just like Aard's heart! laugh.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 20 2015, 09:39 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 19 2015, 01:26 AM) *
I love it! How did you get the blood and parts cleaned up in the secret room?

With Jasonx Positioner. Selecting every bone and body part in the console was too difficult and tedious but Jasonx's mod allows you to take statics with you so I picked up every part that needed to be cleaned then put them in a sack and clicked "markfordelete" on the sack.

There are some bloodstains in the entry hall which couldn't be deleted, though. I tried disabling and enabling the floor and although stains were gone at first, they reappeared upon reloading. Aard got used to them, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 9 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

I have a special device which I bought awhile ago, which allows me to take screenies or videos of console games. Finally got it set up last week, so I can finally show folks Lord Haaf-Mersey's home: Lakeview Manor, added by the Hearthfire DLC.

Nighttime View

Front Room -- (when first building this home, this initial room can be a mere "cabin" on its own. This can get extended further, of course).

Glitchy Mjoll -- (Mjoll is permanently gliched in LHM's game. laugh.gif She frequently will stand on furniture, teleport from room to room, and do the Skyrim Moonwalk. Therefore she is unfit to have as a follower. Which is okay because the lord already has several followers he can pick from).

Dining Area

"Welcome ye, fellow traipsers"

Armor Set Room

Mjoll's Bedroom

Rayya the Overkiller standing in the Back Room

Haaf-Mersey's bedroom -- (not so messy today)

Real Men have Treasure scattered all over -- laugh.gif

shhhh.... Lucia's Room

Detail of Lucia's Dresser Area

Man Cave / Shrine Area

Pretty Lake in distance

Thanketh ye for Viewing

Final note: There are containers ALL OVER Lakeview. One would ask for nothing less, since Hearthfire was an official paid DLC. Haaf-Mersey keeps some money / treasure in a couple safes upstairs, but the motherload of his gold is in that barrel to the left. Over 20,000 gp in there, which (I suppose) any thieves would be wont to ever search.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 9 2019, 04:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #47

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, that looks great, Renee! smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 9 2019, 07:45 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for allowing us to take a few peaks inside LHM's manor.

Nicely decorated, especially with all jewels / flowers scattered around, it has a more home-like feel if not everything is in perfect order.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 9 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 9 2019, 02:45 PM) *

Nicely decorated, especially with all jewels / flowers scattered around, i

Wish I could show you Crystal Beth's game, she collected hundreds of flowers and then threw them all over her bedroom

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:45 PM