Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Great Houses In Cyrodiil?, Will there be any?
Sirin
post Feb 13 2006, 02:27 AM
Post #1

Evoker

One of my long-running, unanswered questions is: Will the Great Houses still exist in Cyrodiil? I realize that they were pretty much a Vvardenfel thing, but Morrowind also features Imperial settlements. OK, maybe I'm contradicting myself... I realize that the Empire conquered Vvardenfel, and therefore has a right to set up base in the Morrowind province, but will the Great Houses still have some influence in the Imperial Province? And on top of that matter, is the Imperial capital called 'the Imperial City' or 'Cyrodiil City', 'cuz I've heard both. Wow, that was fairly long... biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Feb 13 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I don't know about the Great houses, I want to say that there are the 3 from Morrowind and 2 new ones (Dres and Indoril) but I'm not sure.

I am pretty sure that Cyrodiil isn't a town but the region from were the Imperials hail and their capital is the Imperial City... yeah a misunderstanding... but they are two different words.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 13 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

If you read through the ...thrid set I believe.....dev quotes there is a question about telvanni and it was said that there may be a member somewhere in cyrodiil, but the house will not be present. instead there are 5 "counts" as in count dracula, which you will not be able to join as if it were a guild but rather you will be able to do freelance work for any and/or all of them as you wish. these counts are each trying to gain control over the country of cyrodiil, undoubtedly I think there will be at least one that lives in the "imperial city" on the continent of Vvardenfel. As you stated the imperials were present in morrowind as an extension of the empires presence. I think I managed to answer all the questions you posed in the above if I missed anything just lemme go.,,,er know...

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Feb 13 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(jchamber @ Feb 13 2006, 08:05 PM)
If you read through the ...thrid set I believe.....dev quotes there is a question about telvanni and it was said that there may be a member somewhere in cyrodiil, but the house will not be present.  instead there are 5 "counts" as in count dracula, which you will not be able to join as if it were a guild but rather you will be able to do freelance work for any and/or all of them as you wish.  these counts are each trying to gain control over the country of cyrodiil, undoubtedly I think there will be at least one that lives in the "imperial city" on the continent of Vvardenfel.  As you stated the imperials were present in morrowind as an extension of the empires presence.  I think I managed to answer all the questions you posed in the above if I missed anything just lemme go.,,,er  know...

No houses?! Hmm, well I guess it doesn't matter much if you are a member or not, quest-wise, but I liked the fact that you could climb to the top in ranks with the houses of MW. Oh well, I'm not getting to dissapointed here, they probably thought of that some way, if not then a modder will smile.gif.

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 13 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

Yea I am adding a mod that will prolly be finished like in a freaking year... it will add something similar to houses, five of them, and if I can figure out how to mod in join restrictions then You will have to be completely void of items and spells to be a member, and will only be able to join as long as you only belong to that one "house" look in mod ideas under "A whole new world" and "The Kingdom" for more on my mod ideas

--------------------
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 16 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Well, there are not great houses but there are Counts for certain towns who are at war with other towns and you can do quests for them with big pay-offs but you may make a few enemies in the towns you are working against.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 17 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Curly_G_ @ Feb 16 2006, 03:09 PM)
Well, there are not great houses but there are Counts for certain towns who are at war with other towns and you can do quests for them with big pay-offs but you may make a few enemies in the towns you are working against.

ugh...I already said something like that and you didn't even quote me.....how rude!! nah I am just kidding ya. But while I revisit this subject I again direct you to the mods section to look at other people's ideas alot of them make groups similar to houses, maybe someone will take you up on an offer to co-make the old Telvanni-Redoran-Hlaalu houses in a mod, I have offered to work on three mods already so my plate is full but I am sure someone would like to do the same thing, so if you really want to get some modders thinking about it them pop on over to the other ....grouping of threads....can't remember the term for that now... forum->Grouping of threads->thread->each post is the heirarchy...anyway if you seriously want to have houses from morrowind pop on over there to "mod ideas" and check it out, see if someone is already working on it and if not then suggest/offer it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 18 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

Lol, sorry anyway.
It would be great if the Morrowind Great Houses were modded in, even if they didn't belong there.
Maybe agents or messengers give you the quest to save having to find homes for all the house members, etc.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 19 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Curly_G_ @ Feb 18 2006, 12:27 PM)
Lol, sorry anyway.
It would be great if the Morrowind Great Houses were modded in, even if they didn't belong there.
Maybe agents or messengers give you the quest to save having to find homes for all the house members, etc.

that's a sweet idea...get the npc to come to you instead of having to find em....I like it alot and will prolly use it now assuming you don't care

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Feb 23 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

There are Great House-ish organizations in Cyrodiil. The noble clans ruled by 5 respective counts which you can do quests for. I curently know of 2 of the 5 counts. Severius Atius is the head of the Atius clan and a certain Sintav is the head of the Sintav. I know of no other clans sadly.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 23 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Agent Griff @ Feb 23 2006, 03:47 AM)
There are Great House-ish organizations in Cyrodiil. The noble clans ruled by 5 respective counts which you can do quests for. I curently know of 2 of the 5 counts. Severius Atius is the head of the Atius clan and a certain Sintav is the head of the Sintav. I know of no other clans sadly.

sweetness, is atius like atticus from "To Kill a Mockingbird"? (btw i know that no one has the answer to that, just thought I would point out the name similarity.) Don't, or didn't, we have a member who's name was Sintav something?. creepy...

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Feb 23 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jchamber @ Feb 23 2006, 04:59 PM)
  Don't, or didn't, we have a member who's name was Sintav something?. creepy...

I wonder, do you mean Sinder Velvin perhaps? In that case, yes we do have a very honourable member called that! smile.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Feb 23 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Too bad you can't officialy join these organizations. I really liked beeing a noble back in Morrowind but i despised the fact that you had nothing to do once you became the head of a Great House. That situation could of been remedied in Oblivion but it seems that the devs have chosen not to implement Great Houses.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 23 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

Ah, yes... But when you become head of other guilds, apparently, you can give basic commands to people lower in the heirarchy and quest still remain.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Feb 24 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

That's just the thing i was saying. If we had Great Houses in now, you could really be a noble and boss people around. That would be cool.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 24 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

that isn't ...how do I say this w/o making someone mad and still come off the way I mean too...*sigh* Griff, you misunderstood. What is being said is that you can boss people around without being in a house. You can do it just by being top of arena...or mages...or fighters...you get the trend.....guild. So it is still cool.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Feb 25 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

I know you can boss people around in the Fighters guild, Mages guild, Thieves guild and whatnot. I was just saying that it would of been cooler if you could be in a Great House like organization, have your own stronghold and boss your own guards around. That would have been great! Beeing a noble in your own stronghold, complete with guards to boss around. It's just won't be the same thing with bossing around Fighters guild folks.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 26 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

glass half empty much?

besides you can have 9 houses.....be happy about it!

if you don't like something go to the mod section, I think they have already mentioned houses there, maybe you should show support to them, some of the modders don't read much of the other areas of the forum.

--------------------
+Quote Post
armstrong8
post Feb 27 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #19

Associate

five counts and i saw in a magazine that there a clans which might offer quests or something.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:34 AM