> Coffee Shop Redux
Wolfie
post Jul 12 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #1

Mage
Group Icon

Have fun with the new premises folks smile.gif

QUOTE(minque)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!!

QUOTE(Alexander)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 12 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

that was funny Ibis. I heard the song for the first time earlier this summer (about a week ago i think) but this is the first time i've seen a video to it biggrin.gif

Wolfie (or any Admin really) the link in Alexander's quote is out of date and don't work anymore

http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=248

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Heh, I never go to cinema either. They always pull up the volume way too high. Also reason why I don't go to disco or those music events.

As a result, I too need to wait a while longer for movies. In fact, I just finished a 51 year wait! (I wasn't born yet when it came out, but let's ignore silly details like that.)
I finally saw it yesterday, Forbidden Planet. I loved it. It had wonky sounds all-over, a flying saucer, a talking robot, impressive looking sidearms (funky laserguns called Blasters. Oh, now who said that Lucas invented the term eh?) and an invisible monster.

The monster is worthy of extra attention. For such an old movie, they did it brilliantly and I must say, even better than nowadays. Nowadays everyone wants Predator-style transparant blurs. There, you got footsteps slowly appearing, cranes being pushed out of the way, metal stairs bending under the incredible weight of the invisible creature. A model made from a footprint to reveal one utterly massive foot with giant claw. And finally to top it all off, radar signals that did catch it and a really large laserfight that finally lit it up.

Oh, and did I mention that the invisible creature had all the power a 30 km something cube filled with Fusion plants could generate?

Also a fun fact. When the crew wanted to call home for more orders, they first had to strip apart their ship to build a super-radio. Later they had to put it all together again in record time. Oh, and unlike most movies were decelleration is nonexistent, here they had to step inside glowing beams to survive the stop after a faster than light journey. Groovy.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 12 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

I've seen that movie. Forbidden Planet is a good one, very creative and what not.

Beware the Id biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 12 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShogunSniper)
-Jul 10 2007, 02:18 PM Post #192
Master
has anyone else encountered Terence the Server Hamster in their travels here on the forums? O_o
and did someone mention the invasion of florida?

--------------------
War is over if you want it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
QUOTE(Ibis)
Yesterday, 09:00 AM Post #200
Mouth
From: Florida Moon-filled Sleepless Nights http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7836547273687836884 <----- Here's the Hamster Dance.
I always have to wait for movies to come to video because Cain refuses to sit in dank, deseasey theatres full of squealing rugrats n curtain-climbers, sticky floors, greasy armrests and overpriced bad food. So I am this summer waiting still for Pirates of the Carribean III, Shrek III, Transformers and some lesser ones. Probe by labor Day for Pirates and in the fall for the others. Doesn't take long really anymore.

This Invasion of Florida?? You people are not secretive enough. I see that measely Pisces is attempting to gather forces in this ungoldy war ... but he and his cohorts shall not prevail. Florida is impregnable - although many many ppl become pregnant within iher borders ... we are afterall the honeymppn state.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 12 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Anyone who tries to enter Texas shall be brought before the firing squad..... anyone who threatens us will be bombed into submission by satillite targetted air-strikes. You can't block out the light of the Lone Star! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 12 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Rattttz!! I say rattzzz ... one of Pisces first recruits is a Texan and threatening the skys of Florida NASA with Houston control! I think we have negotiated with him by now though.

Damnution, that Pisces is one heckuva troublemakin' fish. I shoulda killed him off when I first caught him in my beak -- instead of getting fascinated by his little song n dance routine and then laffing at his silly fishy jokes!! Lookit all the touble I've swallowed now! Invasion of my beloved Florida... I must fly over and recruit the help of the African spoonbills and the Guamese flamingo flocks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 12 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Well, that was your choice Ibis. I would have grilled the fish on the barbeque. If any of your birds are sighted in Texas I'll declare a hunting season and hand out the proper permits. But I won't let Pisces in my home either.

So you can see that I'm not allied at the moment with anyone.... Although I'm biased against fish.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Monsters from the Id! Take the IQ-boost, now! Yeah, I loved the revelation at the end. It really worked. The only character I didn't like was the girl. She was totally unconvincing. Oh, and the captain was alright although I hated when he suddenly kissed the girl all out of the blue. I mean, first he's pulling off a whole no-romance lecture. ,,Guys who travelled more than a year through space without....recreation and quality alcohol are unreliable around females. I am their captain, so I must keep them under control!"

Oh and Soulseeker, did you see the three men's collective evil grin when they first found out that professor Morbius had a very attractive daughter running around in a miniskirt? biggrin.gif

And what's this I hear about Florida? Invasion, sattelite-bombardments? Hmm, I smell a chance to make money. Now who among you want to buy a moon fitted with several thousand fuson engines? Guaranteed destruction of every target you throw it on or your money back, accurate enough to hit a single leaf upon a tree. (and the rest of the continent)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 12 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

North Carolina will join Florida's side. We'll dump sweet tea and barbeque all over Texas!

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 12 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I hate tea, but barbeque is a different story. Well, this pre-emptive strike has cost you N. Carolina and Florida! I will get over my bias and join forces with New Zealand (I have an entire country on my side!)

F-22 Raptors will bomb Miami and Tallahassee (sp.), and I'll by Jack's moon-bomb. devilsmile.gif We shall drop it just off the Eastern Seaboard to hit Florida with tsunamis!
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Sold, you can pay later. Oh and since you are the lucky customer with a random number, you get this fully functioning Deathstar III for free! The Imperials complained about an accessible reactor. No big deal I say. It's not like we've got any hotshot space pilots in the neighbourhood.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 12 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Oh, I'll just place defenses myself. The Imperial Navy has crack pilots of their own. I should be able to save on the energy bill by using only 1.1 percent power to blow up whatever is left by the moon-bomb. *cackles maniacally*

You Doomed everyone Dantrag, you and all you North Carolin....ian friends!!!
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 12 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Well here's what Canada can offer anyone: since BC has plenty of Japanese Immigrants, we will use their technology know-how and ressurect the Albertasaurus... then equip them with lasers!

Top that! tongue.gif

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Buster Machine number 3, fully functioning! Top that! tongue.gif (Also from Japan by the way)

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jul 12 2007, 10:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 12 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

I shall gather all the Final Fantasy VII nerds and we shall create life sized replicas of all the Weapons! And I'll be possessing Ultima Weapon (Cloud's best sword) so that no one gets it if they manage to beat the flying Weapon.

Muhahaha! Beware!

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 13 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Whoooaaahh !!! This has excallated all outa hand and control .. BUT NO ONE SHALL get throught the Florida + North Carolina United Front. We control the whole of the EAstern Seaboard ... which everyone knows is the center of the universe (ask John Lennon)

We shall fly up to Alberta and join forces with our good and esteemed Canadian friends and the Albertasauruses equipped with laser rays shall be stationed all along the Eastern Mississippi border from the Great Lakes below Canada to the Gulf of Mexico ... none shall escape them.

Now ... Jack Cloudy, can't we make a lil' side deal here concerning that moon. A shrewd businessman like yourself certainly doesn't feel any loyalty to customers nor take sides now, do ya? We'll pay triple what the Texans are paying and quintuple what the Australians pay ... they are poor anywayz.

Lookit what you've started Pisces and your not even here .... DAmmmmm you FiShhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 13 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

The Brotherhood of Nod shall aid us in taking the GDI controlled Eastern Seaboard. Vertigo bombers, Swift Interceptors, F-22s, and F-35s shall rain ordinance from the skys, and the Texas Rangers shall lead hundreds of Nod Militants into battle.

Fully Upgraded Avatars alongside Legionaires shall decimate your ground forces, Venoms shall protect them from air-borne threats, and High Naryyn warships shall offer tactical support to all Coalition forces. Stalkers shall blast your communication satillites into submission, while AI constructs hack your defense networks and reak havoc with the systems your citizens rely upon (I just saw Live Free or Die Hard, this is much worse).

Even the mighty Albertasaurs are helpless when facing off Nod's Avatars being supported by the attacks of Stealth Tanks.

We have you out-numbered and out-gunned (thanks in part to Jack.... but mostly because of the support of the High Naryyn Imperial Navy) Resistance is futile, just give us what we need from you and our occupation of Florida and N. Carolina will be brief!

{Mallet, Canada can be spared the destruction of this war. I'm not asking for you to fight for us, just don't fight at all.}

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Jul 13 2007, 04:52 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 13 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Can I still keep my Albertasaurus' with lasers though. They won't cross the border, I can keep em in check. I wasn't expecting any Naryyn, that's all. I'll be good biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 13 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Certainly, as long as I don't get a report in that rogue albertasuars are on the battlefield you will not be relieved of them.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:06 AM