3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim known issues, A list of known engine bugs and remedies
King Coin
post Jun 16 2012, 05:48 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Aravi's game was crashing whenever we approached Valthium Towers. I removed every mod, and it still crashed. However, fast traveling there seemed to fix the problem.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
osirisgothra
post Aug 26 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #42

Associate

I don't know if this is a bug or if this is supposed to happen (please let me know if this happens to you as well), my character is about level 18 right now, I have the whole Breezehome package with the upgrades. One day i come in and staring at my empty bookcase is a skeleton-ghost. It turns out it is Potema, which at the time i had no idea who she was. She was not in attack mode but not talking either. I sleep and she doesn't bother me, just stands there in front of my book case. Is she pissed off because I always passed up reading the wold queen? or is this a bug in the game? and I never have even seen any quests related to her although I have read up on them just to verify who the hell she was. and just FYI, she DOES attack if I attack her, but only if I attack, otherwise she just stares at my book case, until i get close to her, then she looks at me... typical of a malfunctioning AI... but is it?? I am NOT running any mods at all. I have just plain vanilla Skyrim installed...

http://paradisim.uuuq.com

UPDATE: Even stranger, when I reloaded my save game, the ghost still there, now comes up as an Imperial Soldier in my house running around and acting like an Imperial Soldier would but clearly is the same ghost. When killed, even weirder, she has all the inventory of an Imperial Soldier... and shows on my guage during combat as Imperial Soldier as well. Actually, Lydia who was hanging out upstairs was the one who actually killed her... but this didn't happen the first few times... its got to be a bug right?

This post has been edited by osirisgothra: Aug 26 2012, 10:21 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 26 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

wow, that is obviously a bug, and a creepy one, too! I've done those Potema quests a couple times with a couple different characters now, and have never seen her outside of these quests.

Me and my characters have witnessed some pretty weird compassion in Skyrim, though. Floating weapons is the most harmless one. I'll just be walking around and there will be a weapon floating in the air. Sometimes, it is possible to grab the weapon and put it in Inventory, other times it cannot be removed. I think this is an Xbox-specific glitch, I never saw this happen in my PS3 games.

Much more scary is there have been a couple times when my PC was attacked by an invisible NPC. There is no Chameleon in Skyrim (right? ) so this has to be a glitch. The game malfunctions when trying to draw up that NPC, can't do it, but the NPC exists and can attack anyways.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Aug 26 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

I've seen the floating weapons glitch, it seems to be where we've left dead NPCs.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Aug 26 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

One day i come in and staring at my empty bookcase is a skeleton-ghost. It turns out it is Potema, which at the time i had no idea who she was. She was not in attack mode but not talking either. I sleep and she doesn't bother me, just stands there in front of my book case. Is she pissed off because I always passed up reading the wold queen?

Does this remind anyone else of the old woman from Ghostbusters, in the library at the start?... biggrin.gif ...

Pretty weird bug there...Never heard of that one...

Although the other day I was in Markath and I'd just had a letter from a Courier...Just as he left, I waited for some hours until the shops opened...No, not very RolePlay, but this is me...(See elsewhere for details biggrin.gif )...Aaaamywho, when the game came back from waiting, the courier was moonwalking down the wall from above... blink.gif ...

Also...*Waves to Osirisgothra*...Welcome!!... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Aug 26 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

Wow. Moonwalking NPC, eh? I'll have a mixture of goosebumps and laughter if I ever see that.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:07 PM