Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stormcloak Or Imperial, Which side are you on?
Stormcloak, Imperial, or Thalmor?
Which did you choose?
Stormcloak [ 7 ] ** [33.33%]
Imperial [ 8 ] ** [38.10%]
Thalmor [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Independent [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 13 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I kind of hope that once they finish with all provinces, they circle back and keep going.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 13 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 13 2013, 02:32 PM) *

I kind of hope that once they finish with all provinces, they circle back and keep going.

That would be 8 games, so it will take a while! But I do agree, it would be nice to eventually see a game set in High Rock again, or Cyrodiil. I would love to see Summerset first though, or Black Marsh.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 13 2013, 09:54 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 13 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2013, 08:53 PM) *

That would be 8 games, so it will take a while! But I do agree, it would be nice to eventually see a game set in High Rock again, or Cyrodiil. I would love to see Summerset first though, or Black Marsh.

Seconded. But I'd live for TES VI to be set in Hammerfell; the political situation there with the Forebears and the Crowns would make for plenty of choice for the players, and the setting itself would be a great one, I'd say, and rather different from the other games.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Jan 13 2013, 09:56 PM
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 13 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

TES VI should be set in black marsh. It would be pretty epic....

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 13 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 13 2013, 03:56 PM) *

Seconded. But I'd live for TES VI to be set in Hammerfell; the political situation there with the Forebears and the Crowns would make for plenty of choice for the players, and the setting itself would be a great one, I'd say, and rather different from the other games.

The The Tamriel Rebuilt - Art of Hammerfell book has some really amazing concepts in it. If Bethesda put just half of it in a game, it would be really interesting. But that said, the only thing I would not like about Hammerfell being next is that it would mean more Dwemer ruins everywhere. After Skyrim, I am in the mood for a province with a different extinct elven race's ruins (since every province seems to need one).

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 13 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2013, 03:03 PM) *

The The Tamriel Rebuilt - Art of Hammerfell book has some really amazing concepts in it. If Bethesda put just half of it in a game, it would be really interesting. But that said, the only thing I would not like about Hammerfell being next is that it would mean more Dwemer ruins everywhere. After Skyrim, I am in the mood for a province with a different extinct elven race's ruins (since every province seems to need one).

-snort!-

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 13 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2013, 09:03 PM) *

Oooh, shiny!

To be honest, one of thing I'd like about Hammerfell setting would be the prospect of EVEN MOAR Dwemer ruins to poke around in; the lack of them in Oblivion was a real bummer for me. But each to their own, I guess.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 13 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Ignoring the derail for the moment. (Valenwood or Black Marsh is my choice)

Ralof probably isn't brainwashed. Hell, he actually says at some point that he isn't sure if Ulfric really is the best choice, just that he is better than relying on the empire. He also wonders if stopping the civil war and ganging up on the dragons isn't a better idea, which makes him much smarter than Galmar. Heck, Galmar is basically a bundle of bloodlust and 'Ulfric, you are absolutely right and we all want you'.

The problem that turned me off from him is that the intro really pushes too hard. On the Stormcloak side we get chilled out Ralof who chooses to face his death with dignity and tells Lokir he should do the same. The only time he gets angry is when Lokir doesn't know who Ulfric is.

Meanwhile on the Imperial side we have Hadvar, who while a nice guy, is a bit passive. When captain umbrella seller goes 'damn the list', he instantly snaps 'by your orders'. He doesn't try to argue or anything. captain umbrella seller has the voice of a real tryhard anyway, as if she's trying to impress general Tullius by showing how hard on crime she is. The Imperials also feature torturemaster creepy, who is exactly what his title suggests. So in the end, the intro very heavily pushes the player into the Stormcloak camp. And that is where I break. I'm just a paranoid at that point, thinking that it is too good to be true. And so I swing way too far to the opposite side than Bethesda intended.

If we take away Ulfric, and bloodthirsty bandits with a fancy title like Galmar, the Stormcloaks end up looking better than the empire actually. I don't think you can prepare for another war with the Thalmor effectively if you let them infiltrate you from top to bottom. It just doesn't fool anyone. The Thalmor know the war is coming, you know the war is coming, and you give them all the tools they need to screw you over before it even starts!

So after long internal debate, I am a Stormcloak. Under new management.

Edit: Because it isn't worth making another post so fast.
I
V
Morrowind had Dwemer and Daedric ruins.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jan 13 2013, 10:27 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 13 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 13 2013, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 13 2013, 09:03 PM) *

Oooh, shiny!

To be honest, one of thing I'd like about Hammerfell setting would be the prospect of EVEN MOAR Dwemer ruins to poke around in; the lack of them in Oblivion was a real bummer for me. But each to their own, I guess.

If I'm not mistaken, each game has their own particular set of ruins they focus on, correct? IN Oblivion is was Ayleid, in Skyrim it was Dwarven...and that's the extent of my knowledge of the games.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jan 14 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #30

Finder
Group Icon

Valenwood all the way!

Imagine the jungles, and with that the scope for environment creation, flora and fauna! Not to mention the ancient Elven ruins. I would hope a majority of the play would be vertical as well, from roots to canopy.

I'd love to see a moving tree capital as well (though they say its rooted itself now.)

Bethesda could go nuts with it. More bird types (though don't seem too prevalent in the last two games), more bugs and beetles.

Really hope they do it justice in TES: Online

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 14 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Jan 14 2013, 05:56 AM) *

Valenwood all the way!

Imagine the jungles, and with that the scope for environment creation, flora and fauna! Not to mention the ancient Elven ruins. I would hope a majority of the play would be vertical as well, from roots to canopy.

I'd love to see a moving tree capital as well (though they say its rooted itself now.)

Bethesda could go nuts with it. More bird types (though don't seem too prevalent in the last two games), more bugs and beetles.

Really hope they do it justice in TES: Online

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 14 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Jan 14 2013, 05:56 AM) *

Valenwood all the way!

This one. I'll buy the next TES no matter which province is next, but I would really want to see Valenwood. Second pick for me would probably be Elsweyr. Third: Black Marsh.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 14 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

I've been anticipating Elswyr since Oblivion came out. But even so, Black Marsh is a close second. Beast Folk don't get a lot of recognition in the human provinces.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 14 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

In still rooting for black marsh. Imagine how cool that place must look. Elsywyr(sp?) would be a good second choice though....

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 14 2013, 09:57 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 15 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Either Elsweyr or Hammerfell. I want a sandy Arabian/Middle Eastern setting in the ES, and Khajiit and Redguards are heavily influenced by Morrocan and Middle Eastern cultures.

Here is Elsweyr in ES online. Here's Hammerfell.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Jan 15 2013, 12:25 AM

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm making a thread on what province you want the next TES game to be in now...

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jan 15 2013, 01:09 AM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

From the desk of Anduial, Arch Mage of the College of Winterhold, and Thalmor Emissary to Skyrim:

I have studied this debate with great interest, and your words have moved me to take up the quill in my peoples defense.

For those of you who believe in the cowardice of Titus Mede: I suppose that devotion such as yours is not swayed by the counter argument that, with the full might of the Imperial Legion at his disposal, your heroic seventh Septim met his cowardly end in the sewers under his own castle while fleeing the wrath of fanatics of a marginal cult. Nor would I suppose that you care to mention that, upon discovery of the Empress Caula Vorias true nature, your esteemed Emperor chose accommodation over conflict. Not only did he remain married to her, but he stooped to using their own children as pawns in the machinations they leveled against each other behind the closed doors of the White Gold Palace.

His biographer, Rufus Hayn, describes your sainted Uriel as grave, patient, and cautious. He also says that he had become conservative and pessimistic. Now I will grant that this change in his demeanor can be directly attributed to his decade-long imprisonment in Oblivion, an ordeal which would have surely broken most mortals. But I will also submit to you that this version of Uriel VII would not have been likely to run around smiting his foes with Goldbrand ... as Titus Mede did in the Battle of the Red Ring. Be careful where you assign courage!

To those who champion the Redguard cause: Lady Arranelyas single army, alone, cut off from re-supply or reinforcement by the shackles of the White Gold Concordant, still manages to hold out for FIVE years against the combined might of an entire country full of Crowns and Forebears, reinforced by an illegally assembled Imperial reserve. Yes, we signed the Second Treaty of Stros MKai, but that was because southern Hammerfell was in ruins, the Alikr takes up most of the middle of the country, and nobody really cares about the Wrothgarians. That leaves Sentinel, and it wasnt considered enough of a reward given the time and resources needed to maintain it.

Here is the crux of misunderstanding. Personally I despise the term lesser races. I would prefer the term other races. Not because I adhere to some naive assertion that all the races are equal. They simply arent. An example: I have spent more than two human lifetimes devoted to the study of the arcane and martial arts, and I am still several centuries away from my physical prime. That means I am capable of achieving a proficiency in anything I choose to undertake beyond the grasp of any human or beast. By definition that makes the races of mer superior to the other races. Notice I said capable, not assured, and this brings me to my reason for despising lesser races as a term. Even the so-called lesser races have it within them to achieve the extraordinary. All races contain that spark of the divine, the problem is that the gift that was bequeathed to you was stolen from us!

Before You condemn us for what you believe are our opinions on the nature of the races, you must be willing to step outside your perception as Human, Argonian, or Khajiit and see things from our point of view. Can you do that? Despite the preponderance of evidence that suggests otherwise, I believe that you can. You revere Lorkhan because he lifted you from something worse than nothingness. Now, whether you call him Shor or Sep or Shezarr, he is the one that raised you from non-existence to something approaching the divine. He gave you mortality by stealing immortality from us. You were raised, and in the raising our existing divinity was sundered. This is not opinion . . . this is fact!

Is this so hard for you to grasp? By your own admission you believe that, given the proper circumstances, a mortal can be lifted into the pantheon of the divine. Is it so hard to reason that the reverse may also be true? Is it not possible for the divine to be sundered from its station to languish on the fields of Nirn? I know you believe this to be true because you will all acknowledge that this is exactly what happened to Shor/Sep/Shezzar/Lorkhan. Why is it that you insist that I must recognize the divinity of your mantled hero while you refuse to recognize mine? Who is truly intolerant in this situation?

Imagine yourselves as divine aspects of the EtAda, or Original Spirits. Imagine that the smallest particle lifted by the gentlest breeze caressing the Gray Maybe does not pass unnoticed. Now imagine that another spirit deceives you into using your divinity to create something that will serve only to validate its own existence. By the time the deception is known to you it is too late to stop it. Your divinity remains untouched, but your consciousness is ripped from that divinity and spawned anew under the yoke of mortality in this Mundas that you were deceived into creating. And as if that were not enough, the particle that you noticed but a moment before has been gifted with a portion of your divine spark. It now calls itself man, wears armor, wields weapons and magic, and proclaims itself your equal!

How would you, as the 'other races' react?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 01:23 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

Destri Melarg has a point here. I honestly don't think elves are the superior race, but we should look at things from their POV as well.

And about Titus Mede....

I still truly think he was a coward. If he was brave enough to run around killing people with gold brand during the battle of the red ring, why would he bend his knee to the Thalmor? Seriously?! I have no love for the Thalmor, but even they probably would consider that a cowardly act. No wonder why the see the other races as 'lesser races'.

The Thalmor should consider looking at life through the POV of the rest if the races though, instead if scolding everyone else for not seeing life from their POV. So Hear me out:

Thalmor! You scold the other races for not seeing through your POV. Have you ever considered looking through theirs? Have you not seen the grief and suffering you've caused to numberless families? You wonder why the other races look upon you with hatred and disgust, yet you don't look with your eyes, only with your ego. What makes you the more superior race? True, the other races can be cruel, but why stoop down to their level? Do you not have the ability to reason and look upon the other races as brothers and sisters instead of bitter enemies?

Other Races! Why do you not through the eyes if the Thalmor? Surely you cannot be so blind and self-centered to want everyone to see through your POV! You believe the Thalmor are heartless monsters, but how do you know? The elves have families. They can love, and care, and worry. They've simply become fed up with the harsh words you speak to them with, and they decided enough is enough. Can we not consider the elves EQUAL to us instead of heartless scum that want nothing more that to watch other people, be it beast or man, suffer? Yes, the Thalmor can be snobbish, but not everyone on the world is kind. Can we not get along.

Must we kill each-other over pointless reasons? The divines frown upon brothers waging meaningless wars! We are one nation! Tamriel stands proud as the crown jewel of nirn, yet brothers and sisters bicker for no good reason. Must everything end in violence?

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 15 2013, 01:58 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jan 15 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #39

Finder
Group Icon

I think he's more misunderstood.

His Empire is in tatters, the White Tower in ruin, his soldiers weary after years of war.

I think he did it for the people! Yes he won a great victory, but it was also at great cost.

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 15 2013, 02:15 AM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Jan 14 2013, 04:54 PM) *

I think he's more misunderstood.

His Empire is in tatters, the White Tower in ruin, his soldiers weary after years of war.

I think he did it for the people! Yes he won a great victory, but it was also at great cost.

I never said he was a bad emperor. Only a coward

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:17 PM