+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 21 2020, 04:27 AM
Post #4242

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 20 2020, 02:27 PM) *

Has Khajiit played any Bloodlines as of late? biggrin.gif

Khajiit... has not. If memory serves me correctly, Brigitte is about to go to the Hallowbrook.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 21 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #4243

Master
Group Icon

Spent time recently learning the proper maneuvers to prepare a freight train for its delivery run in Trainz 2019. Also 'filmed' that portion of the session after being able to complete the process with a reasonable degree of success. Might or might not create a publishable video from the results of that capture.

Speaking of which, I've another TpF1 video, the continuation and conclusion of the freight delivery run begun episode 39a. There's a decent amount of train-spotting in this one.

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep39b - ConMat for Dunwich, Part 2 (YouTube video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 22 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #4244

Master
Group Icon

Train wise, besides Transport Fever I'm an infrequent player of Trainz Railway Simulator 2019 (TRS19). My opinions of it are mixed. Overall I consider it a worthwhile buy, so long as you wait for a healthy discount and can tolerate with its faults. (All three major 'true' railway simulators are to some degree cash drains.) Anyway, I recently decided to create a piecemeal video series of me playing favorite sessions. Unlike TpF1, where what you see is not me playing the game, but the results of my playing, with TRS19 you see actual game play, such as it is. My first episode, focusing on shunting at Helston, is in-the-can but has no firm publication date. I cranked out a YT thumbnail for it this morning:

TRS19 - Cornish Mainline & Branches - Helston Freight Run, Part 1 - Shunting at Helston (YouTube thumb, not a video)

I really ought to get back to Daggerfall Unity.

Sunday afternoon addendum:
Just finished a one-hour-plus 'Orient Express' passenger run in TRS19. Had a blast. Quite decent graphics by Trainz standards, and lots to see. This is the first time I drove the route from inside the loco cab. Being a steam loco, my view was restricted, the more so because, for some reason, the session doesn't provide 'lean-out-the-side-window' cameras. Not only that, but the left-side front window camera is positioned so that its view is more limited than it ought to be. Luckily, the right-side front window camera is positioned perfectly. I spent the bulk of my time on the right. To my surprise, I find the view restrictions add to the enjoyment. On this run at least.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 22 2020, 09:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 22 2020, 09:16 PM
Post #4245

Ancient
Group Icon

I took a temporary break from January's adventures in Skyrim to play some Doom 1, in Quake 2. I found a mod for Quake to that allows you to play the Knee Deep In The Dead missions from Doom 1 in Quake 2. It is fun. It is the Quake 2 engine, so it is all Q2 weapons, monsters, etc... But with the levels from Doom.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 22 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #4246

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sounds cool, I really like the Quake 2 weapons. Only played the demo but the shotguns are great. Much better than in Doom 3 and that goes for the other weapons too imo.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 23 2020, 12:39 AM
Post #4247

Ancient
Group Icon

The mods to play Doom 1 in Quake 2 are here. I just finished Knee Deep In The Dead, and now I think I will try the second episode. It looks like there is a conversion for Doom 2 as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 23 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #4248

Ancient
Group Icon

I got my Gog versions of Doom 1 and Doom 2 reinstalled and working with ZDoom. You can get the latter here. You start the game with the zdoom.exe file it gives you.

It allows you to play at higher resolutions. But it seems that to get it to really work you have to edit your shortcut, and in the Target field after where it says zdoom.exe you need to add: -width1920 -height 1080

I also found a female protagonist mod here. Just put the .wad file in your Doom folder and add a bit to your command line again: -file Doomgirl_01.wad

So my entire Target box for my shortcut looks like this:
"E:\Doom 1\zdoom.exe" -file Doomgirl_01.wad -width1920 -height 1080

Works great on both the Ultimate Doom from Gog, and Doom II with Master levels from there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 24 2020, 10:56 AM
Post #4249

Master
Group Icon

Occasionally I'm playing the Longing, the game that's set on a timer and can apparently take 400 days to complete. The timer continues to run, even when you're not actively gaming. There are some ways to speed up the time, I already figured some of them out, but it means that instead of 1 second 5 seconds pass for a limited time. I don't play it often, because to achieve some things, like for a moss to grow or for a stalactite to fall and serve as a bridge to get over a pit, up to two weeks or one month real-time needs to pass.

The game can't be restarted without hacking the script, so it's meant as a one-time experience. Apparently the developer also created some "punishment" for those that try to hack the timer, the game will simply freeze for them. laugh.gif There are pleas on the Steam Discussion to make the game work again, the developer then fixes the timer, when players send him their saves.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 27 2020, 05:14 AM
Post #4250

Ancient
Group Icon

Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy came out for the Switch today! Khajiit knows what he’ll be playing tomorrow!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 27 2020, 04:17 PM
Post #4251

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Star Wars: Rebellion playthrough over!

Three sectors left and as I have to get Fallout 3 going, I decided to just go rebel base hunting instead of taking over the planets that were left. Found it eventually and blew it up - game over.

So now I'm all free to go post-nuclear! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 27 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #4252

Ancient
Group Icon

I have never been a Nintendo person. But I keep seeing a lot of games coming out on the Switch. I thought Nintendo was going to get destroyed as collateral damage in the console wars between Microsoft and Sony. Like Sega was (I used to have a Dreamcast). But the Switch really seems to have been a huge hit for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 28 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #4253

Master
Group Icon

Something of a change-of-page for me, in that the video linked below documents not play of TpF1 but rather another railroad game I play, Trainz Railway Simulator 2019 (TRS19). It must be said that I am a TRS19 notice, thus you see me driving the loco/train via the game's 'simple' controls rather than its elaborate "realistic" control scheme. As to what you see, it's me assembling a freight train at Helston, UK, then departing Helston station. I meant to end the episode slightly sooner than what's seen here, but totally forgot to remove the unneeded final minute or two while editing. In any case, here it be, warts and and:

TRS19: Cornish Mainline and Branches, Helston Delivery Run, Part 1 - Shunting at Helston (YouTube Video)

Whether the series continues much further is debatable. At the moment I struggle mightily to master shunting at the train's first stop, Nancegollan, with no success. One failure after another. Be that as it may, I'll at least document the ride between Helston and Nancegollan. That's part's a piece of cake, so long as I maintain concentration, which isn't always the case.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 28 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #4254

Ancient
Group Icon

So are you that guy in the blue shirt in the corner of the video? This one has a much 'busier' HUD than the other train game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 29 2020, 12:59 AM
Post #4255

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 27 2020, 10:18 AM) *

I have never been a Nintendo person. But I keep seeing a lot of games coming out on the Switch. I thought Nintendo was going to get destroyed as collateral damage in the console wars between Microsoft and Sony. Like Sega was (I used to have a Dreamcast). But the Switch really seems to have been a huge hit for them.

Nintendo seems to have found a niche for themselves with handhelds and their exclusives (Legend of Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Bros., Pokémon, Animal Crossing).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 29 2020, 10:15 AM
Post #4256

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 28 2020, 11:23 AM) *

So are you that guy in the blue shirt in the corner of the video? This one has a much 'busier' HUD than the other train game.

Ya know, having owned this game the better part of a year now, I still don't understand the need for that 'avatar.' I'm sure there must be one. It's likely for some mode of play I don't engage in. We can choose from a selection of 'driver' portraits, male and female. I never bother, regardless of what mine looks like any given session. As to clutter, yeah, the HUD is more cluttered than in TpF1. TpF has an extensive HUD too, but it's generally kept out of the way except when placing structures, roads, track, etc, buying trains and other vehicles, and creating routes. With TRS19, as I current use it, being a train-driving game, the HUD needs to be ever-present. With 'realistic mode,' the 'driving wheel' is replaced by five sliders for diesel and electric locos, six for steam. I believe parts of the HUD can be disabled if you want to drive by directly manipulating in-cab levers, knobs, etc. via mouse, but I'm nowhere near good enough to attempt that. The other 'big' train/railway simulators arrange their HUDs differently, but at heart must convey the same info. (The most 'modern' simulator is Train Sim World (TSW), which has more of an RPG feel to driving, plus neat graphics. I actually own it, thanks to a heavy discount, but have done absolutely nothing with it except take one driving tutorial.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 29 2020, 10:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 29 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #4257

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 29 2020, 05:15 AM) *

Ya know, having owned this game the better part of a year now, I still don't understand the need for that 'avatar.' I'm sure there must be one. It's likely for some mode of play I don't engage in. We can choose from a selection of 'driver' portraits, male and female. I never bother, regardless of what mine looks like any given session. As to clutter, yeah, the HUD is more cluttered than in TpF1. TpF has an extensive HUD too, but it's generally kept out of the way except when placing structures, roads, track, etc, buying trains and other vehicles, and creating routes. With TRS19, as I current use it, being a train-driving game, the HUD needs to be ever-present. With 'realistic mode,' the 'driving wheel' is replaced by five sliders for diesel and electric locos, six for steam. I believe parts of the HUD can be disabled if you want to drive by directly manipulating in-cab levers, knobs, etc. via mouse, but I'm nowhere near good enough to attempt that. The other 'big' train/railway simulators arrange their HUDs differently, but at heart must convey the same info. (The most 'modern' simulator is Train Sim World (TSW), which has more of an RPG feel to driving, plus neat graphics. I actually own it, thanks to a heavy discount, but have done absolutely nothing with it except take one driving tutorial.)

So are the heads there because there is a co-op mode? Is there Train Deathmatch? That would be awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 29 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #4258

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 29 2020, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 29 2020, 05:15 AM) *

So are the heads there because there is a co-op mode? Is there Train Deathmatch? That would be awesome!

Whoa...I bet you nailed it! TRS219 indeed has a 'multiplayer' mode. I've never bothered with it and forgot its existence until your reminder. No, no death-match, though poor driving skills can derail trains. For some unknown reason I've not yet done that. Wait! I have. Drove a steam loco onto a turntable once. Didn't notice that either its front or back wheels were slightly off the table. Once the table started turning unpleasant things happened. Then there was the time I drove a train off the end of a spur, misjudging distance while backing.

Sticking with TRS19, I played Driving Tutorial 9 this morning, which adds Dynamic Braking into the mix. I remain utterly confused over when to use it rather than the Train Brake. Stopping/slowing a moving train is harder than bringing up to speed for sure! Three different braking controls to master. (There's also an 'independent/locomotive' brake which, so far as I can tell, is used primary to stop a loco without cars/wagons attached.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 30 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #4259

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Just played Windows chess game number 18000 on level three.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 30 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #4260

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 30 2020, 12:53 PM) *

Just played Windows chess game number 18000 on level three.

I dabbled with chess several years during my teens. Became quite decent at the opening game. But even during those more-mentally-alert days I couldn't see far enough ahead to plan successful strategies.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 211 212 213 214 215 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:32 PM