Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
mirocu
post Mar 30 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #4261

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 30 2020, 09:39 PM) *

I dabbled with chess several years during my teens. Became quite decent at the opening game. But even during those more-mentally-alert days I couldn't see far enough ahead to plan successful strategies.

I may be able to if I could be bothered. As it is I just play it while watching youtube and if something goes bad I retrace a step or two bigsmile.gif

On the plusside though, it happens less and less. I may actually be learning generally what not to do. It's not too hard as long as I try and keep pieces covered at all times. I was obsessed with chess in my teens and read several books on the subject. Quite good fun.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2020, 03:24 PM
Post #4262

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit plays chess like a big dumb barbarian, lol. Had a buddy that this one used to play with on the regular. Won some, lost more. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 31 2020, 03:24 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 2 2020, 12:26 AM
Post #4263

Ancient
Group Icon

Thinking about making a serious run at a KotOR playthrough.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 2 2020, 12:29 AM
Post #4264

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 1 2020, 07:26 PM) *

I have been thinking that lately too. I am in a Star Wars mood for a while now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 2 2020, 12:46 AM
Post #4265

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 1 2020, 06:29 PM) *

I honestly wish Fallen Order looked more interesting. That game was in serious need of a character creator.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 2 2020, 01:07 AM
Post #4266

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 1 2020, 07:46 PM) *

I honestly wish Fallen Order looked more interesting. That game was in serious need of a character creator.

I barely noticed Fallen Order. It looked utterly un-inspired to me, right down to the protagonist.

I would love to play a Star Wars game with Dr. Aphra as the Progatonist. Or the crew of the Ghost (different missions using different characters). Or a 3d isometric, squad-based, strategy game where you have a team of Rebel Commandos going through various missions. Like Fallout Tactics in Star Wars. Or an RPG version of the same like Pillars of Eternity in Star Wars.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 2 2020, 01:26 AM
Post #4267

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 1 2020, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 1 2020, 07:46 PM) *

I barely noticed Fallen Order. It looked utterly un-inspired to me, right down to the protagonist.

Indeed. It’s really a shame we can’t get better *new* games in the franchise. Oh well, luckily we have some real gems in the older games.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Apr 2 2020, 02:13 AM
Post #4268

Master
Group Icon

I bought the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, I only hope No Russian mission is in the game.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 4 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #4269

Master
Group Icon

In TRS19 I've failed several attempts at shunting in Nancegollan Cornwall, UK. Took my first stab at the game's steam locomotive 'realistic-controls' tutorial. Not a pretty sight. I somehow bluffed my way to its end, but am about as far as one can be from being able to abandon 'simple-controls mode.'

TpF1 wise, I've done no 'playing,' but uploaded a Scenic Excursions episode that's been 'in the can' at least a month:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep40 - ConMat for Chesham (YouTube video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 7 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #4270

Master
Group Icon

My plans to 'film' an entire TRS19: Cornish Mainline & Branches, Helston Freight Run session (in segments) seems more and more unlikely. Try as I might, I've not been able to successfully complete the Nancegollan shunting assignment. Can't for the life of my figure out what I'm doing wrong. My stumbling block is the very last shunting operation, reclaiming that part of the original train that continues on to the next stop. As I back to couple, in looks as if the loco and first boxcar derail at a turnout. The session then terminates without my input. I've studied and studied it, and can't see how my turnout settings can be causing this. Yet I almost have to be overlooking or misunderstanding something, don't I?

At any rate, there will be, at minimum, one further video on this session, the rather simplistic drive between Helston and Nancegollan. I'd have to work at it to get this part wrong.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 8 2020, 11:49 PM
Post #4271

Master
Group Icon

I'm beginning to think TRS19 Nancegollan shunting is glitched. I've tried and tried and am never able to perform the final shunt. Yet I find no logical reason why what I'm doing fails. Come to think on it, if this 'is' glitched it'll be the third session from this same DLC that has become unfinishable. When bought, those other two now-glitched sessions worked fine. This one might have too, not that I'd know, I didn't attempt playing it until recently.

On a different and more positive note, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is now in alpha. I've watched videos of it by several YouTubers. Looks to be a solid improvement over its predecessors (duh!). Here's the video I enjoy most so far. Rather than follow standard M&B practice, this fellow begins by having his character travel from city to city participating in arena combats. Nice change of pace, and shows off the combat system (among other things).

YouTube video Mount & Blade II: Bannerload "A Knight's Tale", ep1, First Blood YouTube video

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 11 2020, 10:07 AM
Post #4272

Master
Group Icon

Am even more convinced that Helston Freight Run is glitched, preventing the session's continuation beyond a certain point. Either that or I'm screwing up something during the Nancegollan shunting process that causes mission failure. The game can sometimes be frustratingly vague on exactly what we're supposed to do. Nancegollan shunting 'looks' to be relatively straight-forward, but I'm not 100% sure this is indeed the case. In any case, I'm dead in the water for the time being.

Speaking of which, Part 2, a simple drive between Helston and Nancegollan is now available for view:

(YouTube Video) TRS19: Cornish Mainline and Branches, Helston Freight Run, Part 2 - Helston to Nancegollan (YouTube video)

Bonus footage: Visit to Helston Railway Cornwall - 5 May 2019 (YouTube video, not mine)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Apr 11 2020, 02:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 11 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #4273

Ancient
Group Icon

Since my PC died; the only games this laptop is capable of playing is Oblivion and Fallout 3 (and games made previous to those two games).

So last night I pulled out an old Fallout 3 game and jumped in where I left off = just in time to follow Liberty Prime across the bridge; and then (after saving Project Purity and coming out of the coma) started the "Broken Steel" DLC. Had just escaped the Car Tunnel after stealing their relay info when I shut it down for the night.

I had only ever played through "Broken Steel" once before; (when it first came out) so everything was really feeling fresh still. (as opposed to "Anchorage," which I have played hundreds of times and could go through it in my sleep, lol).

Three things really struck me last night:

1.) I can't aim a gun to save my life anymore!!!

I've always preferred shooting off the hip in FO3 (rather than using VATS); but last night I couldn't hit people right in front of me! I had to reload my (6 shot 44) three times to take down two enemies! And I think I accidentally shot more B.O.S. allies than Enclave enemies!

It wasn't totally my fault, they kept running in front of me and into my line of fire! However; my eyesight may need to take some blame too. In power armor they all looked alike; so ... several times when shooting at a power-armor-shaped figure in that dark car tunnel I got closer and noticed they were B.O.S.

I hope we can't actually take down our team; because I literally did lose every one of my B.O.S. teammates in the last room before the relay station. Did I do that?

2.) I Couldn't for the life of me remember how or where to climb up that hill to get the secret "Off the map" experimental Gaus gun on that table up over the playing area. I remembered it being somewhere near where Liberty Prime is killed; (or maybe near his head?) but ... that was the extent of my memory of it. I will have to look that up. Not even sure if I can go back in there again and access that area since I left it.

3.) Several times I noticed my B.O.S. Allies were losing health; and I couldn't for the life of me remember if there was a way to help heal them! Is there a way to get them Stimpacks or something in combat?

Anyway; it was fun. I love Fallout 3! I hate starting so late in the game though; so thinking about starting a new game.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 11 2020, 04:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 11 2020, 07:00 PM
Post #4274

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 11 2020, 05:23 PM) *

Since my PC died; the only games this laptop is capable of playing is Oblivion and Fallout 3

Sounds like you're golden laugh.gif laugh.gif

Tonight though I played some NES. I was in a food coma and needed to lay back in front of my TV instead of hunching over a keyboard rollinglaugh.gif

Games I played were Bubble Bobble which I played up to level 57 as usual. After that I had the urge to pop in Action 52 due to watching James Rolfe's review of it as the AVGN. I just love that crappy, crappy game cartridge! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 11 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #4275

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 11 2020, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 11 2020, 05:23 PM) *

Since my PC died; the only games this laptop is capable of playing is Oblivion and Fallout 3

Sounds like you're golden laugh.gif laugh.gif

Tonight though I played some NES. I was in a food coma and needed to lay back in front of my TV instead of hunching over a keyboard rollinglaugh.gif

Games I played were Bubble Bobble which I played up to level 57 as usual. After that I had the urge to pop in Action 52 due to watching James Rolfe's review of it as the AVGN. I just love that crappy, crappy game cartridge! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I need to get Chips Challenge on this laptop, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 11 2020, 08:41 PM
Post #4276

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 11 2020, 09:32 PM) *

laugh.gif I need to get Chips Challenge on this laptop, laugh.gif

You do!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Apr 13 2020, 04:24 AM
Post #4277

Knower
Group Icon

I'm still doing Morrowind and one of the NPCs kept getting stuck, so I did the console command to bring the character in front of me. I didn't know it made a copy of the NPC.

So now the Ahemmusa Ashlanders have twin wise women.

IPB Image

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 13 2020, 04:31 AM
Post #4278

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Apr 12 2020, 11:24 PM) *

I'm still doing Morrowind and one of the NPCs kept getting stuck, so I did the console command to bring the character in front of me. I didn't know it made a copy of the NPC.

So now the Ahemmusa Ashlanders have twin wise women.

IPB Image

laugh.gif I think you are supposed to use the "Placemeat" instead of "Placeatme" rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 18 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #4279

Master
Group Icon

Another TpF video, a revisit to the Dunwich goods delivery line, now with British motive power:

(YouTube Video) Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 41 - Goods for Dunwich, REVISITED (YouTube video)

As of yesterday, episode one of the above series has just under 650 views! I suspect that as folk stumble onto my latest series entries they are curious enough to want to explore the series as a whole. Only, they never go beyond ep01. For good reason. Its track-side scenery is rather primitive and often sparse. I need to do something about that. I'm certainly not going to remove an episode with so many views. What I ought to do is create a new ep01 that will serve as an introduction and also direct people to bypass those early 'sub-par' episodes. Current ep01 can be renumbered as ep01a or similar. I ought to do this pronto, but suspect I'll drag my feet for weeks if not months.

In other gaming news, there is no further gaming news, as my slump continues.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Apr 18 2020, 10:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 18 2020, 06:19 PM
Post #4280

Ancient
Group Icon

Does the Dunwich line deliver a copy of the Necronomicon, complete with page 751?

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 212 213 214 215 216 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:40 AM