Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss Vicious Delicious, Her saga and story...
SubRosa
post Aug 24 2020, 07:55 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

That 1979 movie is what I meant. With a very young James Remar. It was kind of like cyberpunk before cyberpunk. Just the punk and the weirdness, but no cyber. The gangs are all over the top to the point of ridiculousness, with each having a theme in how they dressed and or wore face paint.

Well, that was one way to get rid of a raider. January approves of the electricity. But perhaps not of the exploding people.

I see Miss VD is thinking the same thing I am thinking. Defender Anne Marie makes for a great raider popper!

Wow she vicious on that second to last one!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 30 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov: Fairfax is a rather upscale place in Virginia. Upscale shopping malls, upscale spas, upscale restaurants and probably a lot of McMansions. Last time I was down there I was college-aged, and felt way out of place! I think the Bethesda team had some fun portraying Fairfax all torn up! ... Also, I think a lot of Beth's devs at the time were able to glean plenty of inspiration from local surroundings. A lot of them probably took the Metro to work, for instance. Maybe Todd (or some other member of upper management) lived in Fairfax at the time, and so on.

Actually, MVD is doing very well with weapons & armor. Half the raiders carry handguns (as you know) so it's simply a matter of finding pieces which match, and then repairing them side-by-side. Also, raider armor can be mixed 'n' matched (something I did not know) so her C-cup armor has been repaired numerous times. ph34r.gif

Difficulty. Um, I'm pretty sure it is Easy or whatever the default position is. I am not as good at Fallout games as you are. smile.gif

Acadian: Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you should try Fallout. I can't help wondering what you'd come up with, though.

For me personally, I assumed a lot of things about the Fallout series, but was surprised that a lot of these things are not always the way I assumed they would be. I assumed the game would be set in the middle of a gigantic war, for instance. Constant explosions and gunfire, and so on. But, once I learned Fallout 3 is set just to the south of where I live I had to try it. If I hated it, at least I would get to see how Beth portrayed the D.C. area in ruins. Thing is, if it were set in some other location, I probably never would have tried it. Right, Lopov?

But the very first moments of the game immediately got my attention. We start Fallout 3 as a baby! That right there was a huge surprise. In fact, I remember just romping around the baby's playpen for an hour or so, back when I first started the game.

macole: Wow, you just clued into the very theme of Vicious's tale. cake.gif Indeed, the theme of her story (buried underneath the surface plot seen so far) is mostly about acceptance, and being wanted.

SubRosa: Yes, The Warriors does look pretty ridiculous! laugh.gif I am trying to limit my online spending (had a recent charge which I'm going to have to dispute), so unfortunately I don't wanna pay to watch that one. It looks like one of those movies we'd see at the drive-in as teens.

Using Defender Anne Marie to get rid of those raiders was merely an RGM, or Renee Game Method. I like luring enemies. In Elder Scrolls games, they get lured into slicing blade traps or gas rooms, for instance.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 30 2020, 04:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 30 2020, 05:17 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

The day's late summer warmth was coming to an end, and what a day it had been. Her nerves were frazzled, and her body ached.

Miss Vicious did one final search around the Fairfax Ruins complex, making sure there were no more enemies left. There was just one guy, located in a hidden corner behind a trash bin. This time, she spotted him first. Snuck up on the dude. But he had freaked after she'd surprised him. He had run away, not even trying to fight! ... It seemed as though this last raider was completely unaware what had happened to all his friends. Maybe he'd been passed out drunk all day. After she had gotten in his face and then whacked him one with her rusty lead pipe, he wanted no part of her. He had simply run off to the south, and Vicious decided to just let him go.

But the thing is, it was never her intention to fight any of them.

She was exhausted. Sun was going down. Time to get some sleep. The lady defender at Fort Independence had informed Vicious that no visitors were allowed inside the Independence complex; they'd be shot on sight. So getting some sleep safely behind thick walls was out of the question. And ... maybe Defender Anne Marie Morgan was just a little ticked about meeting Miss Vicious Delicious in the first place, then having to perform all her dirty work.

A wasteland crow cawed, and Vicious thought she heard a distant thunderclap as well. Perhaps a storm was coming in. Miss Vicious found a bedroll to crash upon. Exhaustion nearly wiped the former raider out, right then and there. She sat down instead. Decided to take inventory of all the contents crammed into her packs, laying all her worldly possessions on the floor before her.

-- She still had the clothes she had worn into Tenpenny.

-- She also had a set of lingerie she'd found, then stole from some posh lady's dresser. 'Sexy sleepwear', as it was commonly called.

-- Dozens of rounds of ammo. She'd keep all the 9 millimeter bullets, 10 millimeter bullets, and shotgun pellets. Everything else, she'd eventually sell.

-- Enough food and drink to last for at least two days.

-- Enough chems to knock her into the stratosphere: A tube of morphine. A couple syringes each of Jet and Psycho. A pint of scotch. And so many packs of cigarettes, she'd have to leave some behind to go stale.

-- Three guns in total: a 9mm handgun, 10mm handgun, and Chinese pistol. She'd keep the pistol. The other two guns were mutts she'd scavenged from all the raiders who'd been killed. She couldn't carry all these pieces at once, so she hid the two larger handguns in a metal box near her bedroll. She would remember where she put them, and maybe weeks from now she would need to retrieve them, assuming a new group of raiders didn't locate them first.

Miss Vicious smiled. Travelling the wastes for several days, and luckily, she had some things to show for this. Plenty to eat, plenty to drink, she could even get high if she wanted. But first thing she did was knelt down upon the bedroll. She bowed her head. Since she no longer had her King James bible to guide by, so she began to improvise her thoughts into words.

"Dear God," she muttered quietly. "I hope you out there. I hope you are ... listening,"

She paused, as emotions overcame. She did not fight it when tears began to flow.

"I did some really bad things today. I did," she paused again, to wipe her face. "I know this. I don't know if what I did, what I got that Anne Morgan lady involved with, whether it was right in your eyes, or wrong. I ... I am so confused!"

She realized she was speaking aloud just then, and lowered her voice back to a whisper. Took a moment to make sure nobody was sneaking up on her. Gazed at the shadows, now getting very long. Heard nothing. Wiped her eyes again.

"It was not my intention to kill them! Why they want to attack me, anyway? What did I do? I had no choice! But. And, as you may notice, I left one of them to ... fend for himself. To live another day. Because it ain't right, God. It ain't right, what happened today. ... But it is what it is. It is what the Capitol Wasteland demands. Right? None of us were born into..."

She stopped and listened again. Gazed around. Nothing. The sun was gone from the sky.

"That is all. I-- that is all."

She carefully gathered all the things she'd definitely need in the future back into her pack; preparing for tomorrow. Then she laid down upon the bedroll, all the adrenaline she'd expended this day, now completely diminished. She was asleep before she knew it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Fairfax Freddy, you out there? Come in!" said the man with the dopey voice from roughly two miles away, speaking into his recently-Abraxo'd microphone. "Yo, Fairfax Freddy. You read? *Ship.* Where they all at?" he asked his nearby left-hand guy. "This ain't right."

"Like I said sir," answered the dopey-voice guy's left-hand guy, the one they called Cheese Head. "Seems like something happened out there at the ruins. We got word from Freddy himself that the lady you had sent out into the western wastes was spotted. Not wearing the Parkstroller suit, but in full raider gear. A bunch of them were out there and ready. Last we heard. Then... nothing. No word from Fairfax Ruins, from Freddy, or anyone else."

"What the *flip*," said the man with the dopey voice, really angry now. He took a swig from his beer, a draw from his Lucky Strike. "What the *flip* happened?"

"Who knows? Maybe Talon Company. Maybe the Enclave. Certainly not the lady we sent out there. That traitor. No way she could have handled them all herself."

Cheese Head's boss glowered, but said nothing.

"And it can't be the Fort Independence Outcasts, if that's what you're thinking," Cheese Head offered. "Though Fairfax and Independence are side-by-side, there's supposed to be some sort of contract between those two. You know, we stay where we are, the outcasts stay where they are. That sort of thing. Never been a problem before."

"A'iight," said Cheese Head's boss, already calming his dopey dog-like voice. He thought a moment.

Becoming head of all raider gangs of the Potomac region had not been easy. One had to be flexible, always ready for a change of plans. Unfortunately, this next plan he was thinking of would cut into some profits. He'd have to spare a few men, at least for a day or two. But this was why he had become the man he was today. The man at the very top.

"First thing tomorrow, we send a few flunkies out there. Our best recruits. We got to get to the bottom of this one, a'ight? And we gonna lose some time with that deal we was talkin' about. But this got to get done. 'Cause this ain't right."

Cheese Head agreed, not that he had much choice. In the morning, a basic scout & search team would be sent. It would cost them some time and some caps. But it had to get done. It had to get done.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 30 2020, 05:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 30 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Uh oh those guys are after Vicious!

I really liked the prayer part, totally unexpected.

I'd say ditch the Chinese gun and keep either the 9mm or 10mm. wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 30 2020, 09:54 PM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

’A wasteland crow cawed, and Vicious thought she heard a distant thunderclap as well. Perhaps a storm was coming in.’
- - Sounds like Stormcrow may be approaching! wink.gif

Like Lopov said, Miss VD’s prayer was neat.

Uh-oh, sounds like the baddies are gonna send some more flunkies her way.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 31 2020, 02:09 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

A storm is coming. Or perhaps, a Stormcrow? Evildoers had best beware! laugh.gif

Like Lopov said, I would ditch that Commie pea shooter, and gear up with a real 'Merican firearm. Freedom!

Uh oh, Dopey and Cheesy are sending out more goons after VD.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 31 2020, 03:18 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Lol, VD. Dopey and Cheesehead better hope they don’t catch her! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 31 2020, 03:28 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 4 2020, 04:09 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 30 2020, 02:28 PM) *

I'd say ditch the Chinese gun and keep either the 9mm or 10mm. wink.gif

Yes, I know. Unfortunately this is a Renee roleplay and she's keeping the pistol. mellow.gif Don't worry, she will definitely upgrade pretty soon. Here's a hint. If anyone has watched The Wire, think of Omar's favorite weapon. emot-ninja1.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 30 2020, 04:54 PM) *

Like Lopov said, Miss VD’s prayer was neat.

Whenever I game with a character and really get into her or his tale, I sometimes find myself surprised. Snaaty's desire for a gun, for instance. Another good example was Luci Pheria, my insane dark elf who was loosely based on Wizard of Oz's Wicked Witch of the West. I was totally repulsed when she stopped in the Oblivion tutorial, and spent 3 days doing nothing but eating rat's meat, wisp stalks, and brewing foul potions. indifferent.gif Yuck. Fortunately, MVD's habit of prayer does not repulse me, even though I myself am not religious!

Luci became the Wicked Witch of the West Weald, by the way, after taking Weatherleah for her own.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 30 2020, 09:09 PM) *

A storm is coming. Or perhaps, a Stormcrow? Evildoers had best beware! laugh.gif

Hee hee I was hoping you'd notice! biggrin.gif

I have been putting secret phrases and words into almost all my stories since Kahreem, circa roughly 2015, and I have noticed other writers do this occasionally as well. I was hoping somebody would catch the Jane's Addiction references in Jayne Goodfall's Goblin Lady story. smile.gif No JA fans at Chorrol, though.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 30 2020, 10:18 PM) *

Lol, VD. Dopey and Cheesehead better hope they don’t catch her! laugh.gif

I surely hope not .Those flunkies are real, by the way. I hemmed and hawed and then finally added them into the actual gameworld. Either they will notice her hiding spot, or they won't. indifferent.gif

Next story has already been started, and should appear on Sundas. I mean (wrong game) Sunday. Unlike my usual T for Teen-rated stories, it will include some Rated M stuff. Maybe I will have you moderators preview that portion of the tale, just to make sure it'll fly.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 4 2020, 04:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 6 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Last week's chapter: Miss Vicious spends the night in Fairfax Ruins, while Dogmaster sends a search team to find out what happened there

-----------------------------------

Date: early morning, Thursday, August 23, 2277

If Dogmaster got to the top by being demanding and ruthless, yet flexible and (at times) understanding, his left-hand man Cheese Head got to where he was by doing what he was told, but also, having that special left-hand man ability to read between his boss's words. So when Dogmaster told him 'we need to send a team to Fairfax Ruins first thing tomorrow,' Cheese Head knew what his boss really meant. Which was 'we need to send a team to Fairfax Ruins now.' Because but you said we'd send the team first thing tomorrow would not work, in the morning when the Dog was already demanding answers.

Right away, Cheese began searching the halls and corridors of their hideout. To the Cheese-man's relief, Joe Mahma was available. Better yet, he was lucid, and maybe even fully sober. Joe would make a good SS (Spontaneous Sarge). He'd be able to recruit up a team, and have them ready to go by midnight at the latest.

...Because everyone loved Joe Mahma, and Joe Mahma would kick their asses if they didn't.

[][][][][][][][]

Miss Vicious woke the next morning to bright morning skies. She was surprised she had slept through the entire night. She lay upon the bedroll for a few minutes, listening, always listening. All she heard was a whole bunch of nothing.

She got up. Said her morning prayer, thanking the Lord for keeping her safe as she slept. Realized she was thirsty. Looked in her backpack. Unfortunately, nothing to drink. But this might be okay. She was pretty sure there was a working fire hydrant on the street below. Irradiated water, yummy.

But first, she remembered she had some Psycho in her pack. Out of nowhere, she suddenly craved it. Nobody was around, of this she was sure.

She knelt, dug through her pack again, and retrieved the chem. She found some Abraxo cleaner as well, and though alcohol would be better at cleaning her skin before she injected, out here in the Wasteland, you did what you had to do to get by. Her one previous boyfriend, who went by the name of Jacked, was the one who showed her how to use a syringe. Go for the skin, not the vein, not until you get good at this he had told her not too long ago. So she did this now, injecting mid-point into her forearm, at roughly 45 degrees.

Psycho was not meant to be used this way; its purpose had originally been to aid those who were in combat. But in raider society, a lot of rules could get bent or broken, of course.

She pushed the Psycho's plunger. The chem's resulting rush hit her instantly. She plopped right down on the bedroll and exhaled, eyes closed, heartbeat doubled. Savoring the moment, for it would not last long. She heard a late summer mutant cicada, buzzing far away. Noticed light sweat upon her brow Sun in the sky, blazing high above. She rolled her head backward. And...

... thought she heard something.

She concentrated hard. A bit of scuffling on pavement. Nowhere nearby, but there it was again. Yes, someone was definitely here in Fairfax.

As she gathered her things, she heard a low murmur of a voice, as well. With the drug pumping through her body, a bit of paranoia began to zoom through her thoughts.

She readied her pistol. Strode quietly down a set of stairs. Made a quick pivot, and aimed directly into an area which once contained a door, back when Fairfax Ruins was not so ruined. Nobody there. Peered out the doorway, which abutted to an alleyway. Nobody to her right. A brick wall in front of her. And then... a subtle click to her left. Somebody had just lit his or her cigarette. She glanced to her left, and there they were. She counted five of them, all of them Potomac-area raiders.

"Wait, you hear something?" one of them asked.

By then, all of them were scrambling, she could hear their footfalls, while Vicious herself was not waiting to see if she'd been spotted or not. She dashed to her right, and down the alleyway. Ran a hundred feet or so, not bothering to try being stealthy. Made a sharp right, and then another. Tried to get away, by leaving Fairfax to the north.

"A-ha! Found you!"

"Dammit!"

The previous day had been a nightmare of blasts and bloodshed, and she was not going to repeat her actions today, even as they attacked her.

"Call a doctor!" she could hear one of them say with a typical Jersey accent. "We got a bleeder!"

Gunfire began to hail, single shots, fortunately not an automatic! She began to weave her movements into an S pattern, left, right, left, right, all to avoid being hit, but one of them caught into the back of her armor.

"Kick ass!" a lady with a gun screamed.

Vicious jumped over a small rise of rubble, then scaled a wall. Strafed to the left. A bloatfly was suddenly hovering in the air to her side, fat and alert. Miss Vicious rolled right by it, and kept running. From behind, she then heard at least two of the raiders get distracted, as they took care of the gigantic insect in their way.

She jumped over a boulder, careful not to break any bones! The wonderful thing: on the other side of this boulder was a small gulley, which was roughly twenty feet below. She could move safely down there, which was all kinds of wonderful. A building was immediately to the gulley's right, and this building was surrounded on its far side by a tall fence. By the sound of it, the raiders were already falling behind. She crouched down and (as quietly as possible) began to look for the building's entrance. Did it actually have a door, and would she be able to open this door?

The answer to both questions was yes. Vicious stalked inside. She had no idea where she was, but maybe it had been some sort of car dealership. There were several Chryslus vehicles inside.

She spent several minutes waiting, and (once again) listening hard. Nobody came in, and there were no sounds from outside. She had apparently lost them.

"So much for a tranquil morning's stroll back to Megaton," she mused.

[][][][][][][][]

Two hours later...

"Those monsters...." said the boy who'd run up to Vicious, nearly knocking her over. "They're gonna get me!" He was huffing and sweaty, in some sort of panic.

"Jesus kid," she answered. "You just scared the *crap* out of me. You can't see I'm out here tryin' to be quiet?"

The boy, whoever he was, looked to be about twelve. He had tears in his eyes, but also a defiant look upon his face.

"Hey look. Sorry. You did scare me though. Why don't you start over? Tell me what this is about?"

"Those... THINGS!" the kid was shouting. "They keep coming! They're coming after me! They scare me! Make it stop!"

Vicious looked all around. "I don't see nobody. What things you talkin' bout? Raiders? There was some raiders after me not long ago."

"THOSE things! It's al their fault," said the kid. "They keep coming after me!"

"Um. But I don't see nobody," she shrugged.

The kid was panting. Out of breath.

"Hey, my name is Vic--" she paused. "Taneesha," she continued. "My name is Taneesha." It just seemed appropriate, using her real name with this child. "What's your name?"

But the kid was in a frenzy, looking wildly all around. "No... those things! They're right behind me! Leave me ALONE!"

"Hey, maybe if you keep your voice down, you know, they might not hear you. Be like me," she suggested in a tone of confidence. "You just saw me out here sneaking around, right? I been out here on my own for a couple years --"

"No, you don't care!" He waved his fist. "The grown-ups never care! Well fine! You'll die out here too!"

Vicious rolled her eyes. "I don't see nobody, though, as I said three times now. Ain't nobody here."

"Please don't get mad at me," the kid said, suddenly apologetic. "I'm scared! Just please help me. Promise you'll help me!"

The boy then explained that 'those big things' were all over Greyditch, a location Vicious knew well. The place had been rudimentarily settled some time ago, by several roaming groups. Seemed as though it might become another Big Town soon enough, maybe even another Megaton. Vicious pressed him for more details, however, whatever sort of monsters had invaded Greyditch, the boy would not (or could not) divulge at first. But after a few minutes more, he finally told her. Fire ants, he said.

"Uh, fire ants?" she raised her voice, then lowered it. "Look, I don't know if I can help you. Matter of fact, I definitely can not. I mean, look at me, look at what I got. All I gots for a weapon is this cheap-ass pistol," she smirked. "Look here, though. I am headed up to Megaton, if I can remember how to get there. You want to come with me? You are more than welcome... uh, whatever your name is."

The kid's mood had calmed immensely as Vicious used her soothing voice, the voice they all called "delicious" back in raider society. But now that she was defying him, he was back to being frenzied again.

"You don't listen! They NEVER listen!"

"But--"

"Fine, be like that. I'm going to find somebody who will actually HELP me!"

Just like that, the kid ran away. Though it broke her heart, Vicious could not bring herself to go after him. She was simply not prepared. Maybe if the kid had run up to her a month before she could have done so. But not today.

Not much later, she found herself above the village of Greyditch, standing on a wall. Indeed there were some monsters far below, and they were the gigantic fire ants which the kid had described. She even took a shot at one, harming it with her cheap Chinese pistol. She pierced the thing's exoskeleton, which barely slowed it down. And there were a lot of them below.

From where she stood, she was safe, so she took her handheld device out of her side pouch, and activated its map. "Damn!" she said, realizing she had already passed Megaton, which was far to the north. In any event, staging a one-woman attack on the monsters of Greyditch was not going to happen. Not without some serious firepower and a flame-retardant suit.

She began walking on the wall, calmly heading north, too far above the ants for their fires to burn. As she moved away from Greyditch, a woman passed silently on the street below. This woman looked Hispanic, and had her gun in both hands. Not a raider, and not with any of the Wasteland's other official groups. She appeared to be sneaking her way toward Greyditch, rather than leaving the place.

Both ladies glanced at one another. Vicious nodded to the Hispanic lady from up above, and the Hispanic lady nodded back.

---------------------------------------------------

Taking inventory (from last week's episode)

Raider Team arrives

Pursuit!

Hiding in Chryslus Dealership

Those...THINGS!

Vicious spots one of those things

Splat!

I have a couple posing mods (Realism Poses is one of them) and it says "use the console and enter the code" for these poses to work, but the mod never says where these poses can be found. I tried another mod made by Jonas, but these do not work, which sucks because I wanted to use some poses for today's pictures. Anybody who has used either of these, let me know. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 6 2020, 08:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 6 2020, 10:20 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

It’s a good thing Ms. Vicky D. had that psycho! She needed to be especially fleet of foot to escape those raiders!

When I see that kid running towards me I try to head the other direction!

Ooo I wonder who Vicky D’s new friend is?!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 7 2020, 04:25 AM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

Joe Mahma! Awesome.

A close, psycho-fueled escape from the next Raider team.

Don't worry Delicious, Stormcrow took care of the fire ants. Funny thing, according to the game she is Hispanic too! (That is her race).

Khajiit: I know what you mean. I cringe when I see that kid. He usually appears out of nowhere when I am raiding the Super Duper Mart. Usually I am totally unprepared to taking on all the fire ants whenever he arrives.

I looked up Realism Poses, and I don't know what they mean by "zoom out and use the code" But it also says that you can use the console and type in player.playidle GA01 - GA25. The pictures on the page also has the numbers for each pose they depict. That is pretty much how all the Fallout pose mods work. You have to use the player.playidle xxx command to turn them on or off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 7 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

Glad Vicious got away from that next batch of raiders. Don't feel badly about the kid. I suspect no amount of talking would have worked. Someone new . . . who's not shooting at her and knows how to sneak. Could be helpful.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 8 2020, 10:12 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Jacked was a good teacher when it comes to applying drugs. wink.gif

I was looking forward to Taneesha's encounter with Joe Mahma and his goons, but maybe it was better that she escaped instead to face them with her low-grade weapon. Too bad that fire ants weren't closer, they'd burn down those raiders.

I like Bryan Wilks and a lot of my characters helped him, but just as the Khajiit says, sometimes I prefer not to meet him.

Was that Marge?

I love the Pursuit Pic, even the GNR Tower is seen in the background. Taneesha is a fast runner!

Regarding poses: Use tfc, then either click on the player or type player.playidle [ID of the animation/pose]. IDs for poses can usually be found on the mod's site, there are also lots of vanilla idles available, that you can download from the NEXUS and use as poses in your game. For instance player.playidle npcsmokingidle will make your PC smoke for a while. Don't forget to use tfc beforehand or it won't work!

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 8 2020, 10:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 12 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

It is supposed to be overcast all weekend, so I don't know if I'll game with Vicious tomorrow. Her next chapter is going to require I game with her as I write.

By the way, Lopov is the one who educated me more thoroughly on how to insert needles. So thanks, cake.gif I am afraid of needles, just as SubRosa has a fear of spiders. So it did make me a little squeamish to write that part.

Cheshire Khajiit: Yes, some of mine try to do whatever they can to avoid Brian too! laugh.gif Or at least they zoom through the dialog options so they can get back to whatever they were up to before getting forcegreeted. Let us know what you're up to gaming-wise, by the way. I'm all curious about your character.

SubRosa: I had a whole Joe Mahma (yo momma) joke written as Joe gets recruited, but I wasn't sure if people might get offended. And also, it was too distracting in the early part of the last chapter, it kinda messed up the flow, so I axed it.

Whoa! blink.gif That's so perfect. In my world Marge N. Overra (my first female character) took care of those ants, but January works as well.

I looked up Realism Poses, and I don't know what they mean by "zoom out and use the code" But it also says that you can use the console and type in player.playidle GA01 - GA25. The pictures on the page also has the numbers for each pose they depict. That is pretty much how all the

Wait, what pictures? Oops. Maybe I missed that. Are there any pose mods which don't use the console? I assume you're using something for Jan's game. If not, then oops.

Acadian: exactly. I don't feel bad either. I approach Fallout games similar to Elder Scrolls-- at least one of my characters took care of those ants. smile.gif

Lopov: Yes, that was Marge N. Overra, my Scientific character who I rolled way back in 2013. Nice catch!

Again, do all pose mods use the console? Oblivion has a mod which allows me to use the in-game menu instead, which is a lot easier.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 12 2020, 11:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 13 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

I've only used pose mods that require a console. Maybe some came with the in-game menu, but I don't know of any.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 13 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

All the pose mods for the Fallout games that I have ever used require the console. It is not hard.

First go into TFC mode.

Then type in Player.playidle <pose name>

Some of the poses will run a set course and then reset to normal. Other ones will be permanent. You can usually remove them by typing the same pose command a second time.

But it is always safest to quicksave before you use any poses. That way you always have a way out.

The main thing is to make a list of which poses you like, since you will never remember them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 14 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool, thanks a lot for your help on pose mods. That's a good idea to reference pose codes I will like.

It was sunny yesterday and I wrote most of the story, but then I had some mod problems and got frustrated. I hope to resolve these probs and so the story will appear later this week.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 20 2020, 08:37 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Date: 12:37 AM 08.25.77, Thursday, August 23, 2277

Crouching and crawling, moving, unsure. The day was hot, but not sweltering. Gunfire blasts from somewhere unseen. *Bkkssh!!!* ... Something exploded across the river. Vicious side-stepped behind a mailbox, taking cover. A small battle was going on over there, and it wouldn't stop until at least one opponent was down.

She shook her head. "This never will end," she said to the mailbox, which had Made in Baltimore, 2063 stamped into its side. ... Two-hundred and fourteen years ago! ... She gripped its warm metal exterior. Another explosion across the river. "What would it'a been like, before all this?" Vicious asked the mailbox.

What would it have been like?

Who would she become, had her life occured before the Great War collapsed society two centuries ago?

Who would she be, had she grown up in that society?

According to the exalted consensus (statistics in history books and newsreels) chances are she'd be comfortably middle class. More educated for sure. But even if she'd grown up in poverty, her life and surroundings would be nothing as bad as this! Bombs and guns and gigantic mutant creatures.

Pshew!! a bullet whizzed by.

Though the ministers who'd raised her had done the best they could, Miss Vicious couldn't help but wonder. What would it have been like to go to a shopping mall? Polished floors, dreamy music, not a speck of dust to be seen. Maybe she'd go there with all her high school friends, riding in the back of a mighty Corvega, her hair freshly-straightened at some salon. Maybe she'd have a girlfriend, someone she could trust, and they'd go on double-dates. Maybe she'd have a boyfriend, who wasn't a chem-addicted fiend. Maybe she'd have a part-time job in some pleasant air-conditioned office, looking forward to brighter things and bigger money as the prospect of college loomed.

...Or maybe none of that would happen. Maybe she was glorifying the past; maybe she'd have a life just as screwed up back then as she did today. But there was no way it could be as bad as this, hunkering behind this mailbox to avoid stray gunfire.

After another few seconds of noise, it seemed as though the fight across the river finally came to its end. Whoever was left standing over there was probably flooded with adrenaline! Ears ringing, thoughts distracted. Vicious had been in those shoes enough times. But, it was over. Now would be a good time to go.

She patted the mailbox, then remembered it'd be very wise to change out of her raider gear, and back into ordinary clothing.

---------------------------

Two hours later...

IPB Image

"Welcome ... toooo ... Megaton. Friendliest town ... around."

Vicious passed by Deputy Weld, the cheap robot sentry who stood guard outside of Megaton's entrance. She felt a certain chill as she neared the town's inner gate. How long had it been since she'd last been here? She thought for a moment. Almost two years, was the answer.

"Hungry ... pard'ner?" said the robot in its tinny voice from behind her. "Try the Brass Lantern."

"Guwd I hope they don't give me any brahmin crap," she muttered to herself, as she pushed the town's creaky inner gate open.

And there he was. Lucas Simms, The man who had forced Miss Vicious out of town two years ago, walking straight toward her. Tall, dark, but not so handsome. He was sporting a silly cowboy hat, wearing an armless coat despite the day's heat. This was the man who'd told her to leave Megaton, and never come back.

Vicious nibbled her lip. Of course, back in those days, she hadn't been given her current nickname, yet. Therefore, nobody in Megaton knew her as Vicious Delicious.

"Another newcomer," Lucas said pleasantly.

She steeled herself as the tall man drew near.

"Hello there," he said in his baritone voice. "Name's Lucas Simms. Town sheriff, and mayor too, when the need arises."

Vicious said nothing at first. Obviously, the man, this mayor or whatever, was not recognizing her. "Tawny," she replied. "Tawny Jones. Uh. Been awhile since I been in Megaton."

"The quiet type, huh?" Lucas was still smiling. "Fine. Might help keep you out of trouble. I hope you're not some weirdo. Got enough of those already."

"Me? Oh no, not me. I just here to visit the Church of Atom, sir." Vicious thought back to the blonde she'd met in Tenpenny. Now there was a weirdo. "That church is still here, right?"

Lucas did not answer her question verbally, instead, he gestured. "I'm glad we understand each other," he said, pointing to the church. "Now, is there something I can help you with?"

And there really was nothing he could help her with, so she simply walked away. He didn't recognize me! she realized. ... Was it my hairstyle? Vicious thought backwards in time again, back to when she was seventeen. Surely she had a different hairdo back then. But she was also younger. Skin not so rough. Face not so weathered by frequent outdoor weather. And no fights. No lowlife thug nonsense. Not in those days.

Overall, did it matter? The fact that Lucas did not remember her was a good thing. She relaxed.

"Hello," a settler greeted as she walked by, lost in thought.

Vicious paused in front of The Brass Lantern, Megaton's semi-outdoor eatery. Jenny Stahl was still here, roasting something yummy. Jericho, the town bully, strode up and began to give Jenny some *crap* about whatever. It was always something with that guy. Across the plaza was Megaton's gigantic, unexploded bomb. And before this bomb were some of Megaton's settlers, standing in the radioactive water which surrounded the bomb.

"Each of us shall know peace! Shall know an end to pain!"

Confessor Cromwell, giving yet another sermon.

"I urge you my friends. Come! Drink with me and pray... pray to Glorious Atom! I give unto you. I beg of you, to use me as your vessel guide me into--"

Vicious did not need to hear the rest; all that nonsense about how the bomb would save them all, or whatever. She began to walk away. The Church of Atom would shelter her while she stayed in town, but she didn't have to subscribe to their ludicrous theories.

"Behold!" the preacher continued behind her. Silly man, taking in those rads by the minute. "He is coming with the clouds! And every one of us shall witness Atom's glow!"

"Yeah, right," Vicious muttered, heading to see if Moriarty's still existed. Rain began to fall just as she reached Megaton's saloon.

//////////////////

Afternoon was getting late, it had been a long day.

She sidled into the saloon, and up to its bar. Rain pattering outside. The bar was somewhat crowded with people, smoke in the air. Vicious lit a cigarette of her own. A ghoul was tending bar, while an Asian man wearing combat armor argued in the next room with the older dude whose name Vicious forgot. The dude who always wore a suit, and sat in that big, comfy chair.

"Hey smoothskin, you need something?" asked the ghoul.

Vicious checked her caps, and was surprised to see she had quite a few. Being cautious, she ordered a beer, which was the cheapest thing on the menu. Mm, refrigerated beer. She took a long swallow, as Gob (the bartender) began to tell the former raider his life story, instead of the other way around. Vicious looked around. Nobody noticed her. Not even a glance of recognition. This was good, this was good.

In the next room, the Asian man's voice began to rise.

--------------------------------

Deputy Weld greets Vicious

Megaton Plaza (these pics are mostly for Acadian to see how dilapidated Megaton is)

Mayor / Sherriff Lucas Simms

Megaton's Bomb

Moriarty's Saloon

Bar Scene

Vicious leveled up to 2 during this session! I gave her the Thief perk, and dumped points into Energy Weapons, Lockpick, Small Guns, Sneak, Speech... I forget what else.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 20 2020, 09:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 20 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

A Baltimore mailbox!

I kind of doubt that Miss V's life would have been a whole lot better before the war. It just would have been a different kind of horrible. The Fallout world's society froze in the 1950s. So segregation, racism, misogyny, etc... The opening for Fallout 4 directly mentions that, and the social unrest it sparked. At least in the Post War, she can drink out of any fountain, and sit anywhere she wants on a bus.

Cho is in the bar!

Megaton is probably my favorite Fallout town. I love the way it perches around the bomb crater.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 20 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #40

Paladin
Group Icon

VD's musing conversation with the mailbox during the firefight was superbly done - I loved it!

Haha, worshiping a bomb I guess is no dumber than worshiping Molag Bal. As Forest Gump would say, 'Stupid is as stupid does'. laugh.gif

Good screenies to show the folks involved and, as you say, devastation to Megaton.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:17 AM