Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are your dreams...., What happens when you shut your eyes?
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 18 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Hello everyone, before i hit the sack, just wanted to know, am I the only one with weird dreams???

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Apr 18 2007, 03:25 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

Though I don't dream that often (And remember them even less), I don't think I have ever had a somewhat normal one. I know that I dreamed last night (Actually, it was this morning. I fell back asleep), but I cannot remember even the slightest bit, but I know it was strange. I guess it runs in the family, my sister is always having odd dreams.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 18 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

dreams are great huh

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Apr 18 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

There is a topic like this burried somewhere, you might get in trouble for ressurecting it (especially after you've already made a new topic) but if you search it then you will find everyone's responces.

My dreams are only a scale between strange and manipulative. You may ask how a dream can be manipulative, well it is me which my dreams are manipulating, they put me in realistic situations, often replaying the day with very minor differances so when I wake up its difficult to distinguish between my dream and actual events. Its a scale so some dreams are more strange some dreams are more manipulative, if it is strange then its easy to distinguish from reality.
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Apr 18 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

I know what you mean Pisces, I have that problem all the time. I constantly finding myself wondering if something actually happened, or if it is just the remant of a passing dream...

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 18 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

I come to find that dreams can sometimes preview life for you,.. has anyone else ever felt a strong sense of deja vu when they wake up and do something?

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 18 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

On the subject of deja vu, I have had moments where someone says something that seems oddly familiar..... indifferent.gif
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Apr 19 2007, 01:31 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Yea, I've had dreams of simple, trivial things that I forget when I awake but they eventually happen in real life and then I remember them. Most of the time the time between the actual dream and the event happening is quite long, years even. It's really strange but I always find it neat when it happens.

Hopefully that will never happen with a bad dream...

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Apr 19 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

I believe that dreams open the true potential of our mind. There is some obscure fact that we only use 10% of our brains, and when we dream, our brains become more active. That is why reality seems backwards in our minds, because we are the only creatures on earth that have mental activity during sleep.

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
milanius
post Apr 22 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Agent

Nothing.
When I finally shut my eyes after a long, exhausting evening, the only things that come to me are worries and regret. They prevent me from sleeping most of the time... sometimes though, I experience most amusing, collage-like dreams which make absolutely no sense. Few days ago I had one like that, involving sewers and a horror-like atmosphere. Don't remember much of it, though [I usually forget my dreams almost instantly after waking up].

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
GunsnArmor
post May 25 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #11

Agent

There was a dream I had where it was a movie about a scientist and his family going to this lab, and through the whole thing there was no action, just trying to figure out what this crazy professor was talking about some monkey. At the end, the wife and him were washing their hands in the bathroom (same one. It was the "Both's Bathroom") and then a giant ape appeared behind them, and when about to hit them they dodged at the speed of light, and ran with the two kids to this exit. The ape pulled out a gun and shot them all, and the dad said "WHAT THE HEAULL".

Yeah...

--------------------
I'm bored again.
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post May 25 2007, 05:03 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

i recently had a dream i was a heroine addict and had quit cold turkey. i was suffering from some serious withdrawal in a bathroom somewhere and this certain someone who means very much to me stayed by my side and comforted me. a warming feeling, if the pretense was a bit odd. blink.gif

if i understand, withdrawal symptoms from heroine reach the point of being physically painful. and quitting cold turkey (straight up stopping a habit all at once, rather than easing out of it) can be potentially dangerous to ones health.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post May 25 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Sleep is my only saviour right now, with work being a pain and the girlfriend nagging.....

Which brings me to the point I wanted to talk about.

Do any of you feel as if maybe time works in a big circle and when you sleep you drop out of the circle to experience past or future events? I went to beg last night and dreamt about a police officer stopping me and asking me if everything was okay.... a little weird......but I went to work last night and a cop stopped me. He came up to my window and he didn't even ask for license or registration, he just stared me in the eyes and said, "You look sick, son, ya' okay?" I stared at him for a moment and then asked him, "I'm sorry officer, but what was the problem?" He just looks at me and says, "Nothing, you're driving fine. Just wanted to check up on you. Have a nice day."

Weird.

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Pisces
post May 25 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

I believe that everyone sees glimpses of the future, be it through divine power, time-space fold or the hidden potential of the subconscience mind. People just vary in how they choose to interpret such events and the ability to recall/listen to them.

Of course, tv psychics are still a scam.

EDIT: Still trying to predict the lottery numbers.

This post has been edited by Pisces: May 25 2007, 01:17 PM
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 25 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Ah, the old feeling of deja vu. I have that all the time, but I never really know till it's happening or has happened which kind of makes it useless. Knowing when I'm going to fall down the stairs would make life so much easier. I would take the elevator.

As for my dreams, they tend to be amusing but also pretty crazy. There is a trend though. Usually it involves big robots and some magic. Meh, I've probably been watching and playing Super Robot Wars a bit too much lately. I guess I can't help it. SRX is just too cool to ignore.

If it doesn't involve robots, it involves starships. The single exception to this rule is the nightmare. For some reason, my nightmares always have me sitting in a class and screwing up a test a lot or getting a ridiculous low mark back, like the -4.5 I once had. That in a system that goes from 2 to 10. Once I figure out it is aq dream though, I get up and walk out of class after which I get........giant robots. wink.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 25 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, I get Deja Vu feeling every now and again. Nothing really important (not like falling down a flight of stairs) just a conversation or something before it happens.... I haven't dreamed in I don't know how long.
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 25 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Forgive me, but while yalls dreams sound rather.. depressing. Mine are actually rather fine.

As they entail usually sex and food. Nearly 95% of the time they are one or the other. smile.gif

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 25 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #18

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ May 25 2007, 07:37 PM) *

Forgive me, but while yalls dreams sound rather.. depressing. Mine are actually rather fine.

As they entail usually sex and food. Nearly 95% of the time they are one or the other. smile.gif

That...I may say, is a very healthy way of dreaming!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 25 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #19

Mage
Group Icon

Weirdly enough, I very rarely have dreams. And on the occasions I do, I always wake up before they finish, which is mighty irritating.

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 26 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I'm pretty sure I enjoy the dreams that I have. And I experience what Wolfie does. I wake up before they end and I wish I could just go back to sleep to finish it. Ohwell, life carries on.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:22 AM