Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stealing the Leyawin countess' ring bug ?, Thief guild quest
Khaine
post May 14 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Retainer

I got that quest to steal the ring of the countess of Leyawin...

She never removes it except when she sleeps.
You can go to the room safely through the torture chamber...

Well OK, as I am 80 in security + 40 magic bonus, I had a try stealing it straight from her finger... and got it !

But the quest indicator did not change... I still have to get it from the jewel box in the room.

So I went there during the night, emptied it but the quest did not change at all... I still have to steal a ring I already have !!!

It looks like a genuine bug isn't it ?

Anyway.
I reloaded a previous game (damn 2hours progression lost), did the quest without stealing it from her finger... I open the jewel box, a ring is inside... I take everything and... nothing happens !!!
The green quest indicator still points at the jewel box !!! anyone help ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Neo Bandit
post May 15 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #2

Retainer

Same problem here. Whats going on?!?!?!
+Quote Post
mritchey
post May 15 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #3

Retainer

The game writers can't possibly write into the script every possibility of what every player might do. Perhaps put it in the box and take it out again. Otherwise, you may have broken the quest.

If I am ever tempted (often happens) to not follow the intended script, I save before doing so because I quite often break quests like this or want to explore different outcomes.

This post has been edited by mritchey: May 15 2006, 04:06 AM
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 15 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Retainer

As to not following the game script i am not sure. Maybe try putting the ring you stole off her finger in the jewelry box,close the box and then take it from it again(as the previous person mentioned before). After your save game you took A ring or THE ring? The jewelry box already contains one ring which is NOT the one the quest asks you to steal. I stayed in the room for hours in sneak mode in a corner and watched the countess come in the room stand by the jewelry box (that is the moment she places it in there) and then lie down next to her hubbie! You need to steal it at the moment she is sleeping and pay attention to the name of the ring...i don't remember how it is called but the name alone shows it is the one you must steal. The ring allready in the box is just a normal (non-quest) item.

Hope this helps ...

--------------------
Give them helll, the deserve it well!

HFH//-H3lliN < Hellenic Fighting Heroes //-
+Quote Post
Khaine
post May 15 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Retainer

It might have been the normal ring then... gonna check that !
Thanks.
+Quote Post
Khaine
post May 16 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #6

Retainer

Rahhhh, now the countess goes to the dinning room but won't leave it at all !!!
She spends the whole night at the dinning table !!
What the ***** !!
I'm begining to hate this quest !
+Quote Post
Foster
post May 16 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

You think that is hell? Try not being able to progress because you made the person run to an invisible spot somewhere near Bravil because you thought you could do Sanguines quest whilst you did the Adajris Heirloom quest.

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 17 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #8

Retainer

Try going to her room and staying there for the whole night in sneak mode,she should come eventually.Just don't use the wait (T) function of the game but just sit back on your chair and wait.First there should be a guard coming in and just sit there, after a while he leaves.Later on comes the count and goes to bed and some time later on comes the countes.

If the game is bugged for some reason and she really won't come then i hope you have a back-up save game not too far behind from where you are now! If you're on a pc you could use the cheat command to let the game consider the quest (part) completed.Not sure of how, i don't really use that method.

--------------------
Give them helll, the deserve it well!

HFH//-H3lliN < Hellenic Fighting Heroes //-
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:30 PM