Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guilds for the Cause, Getting Cyrodiil's Guilds to support Martin.
Captain Hammer
post Jan 7 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Right, so the basic idea is as follows:

During the Allies for Bruma/Defense of Bruma quests, you assemble a force of allies for Bruma leading up to the Great Gate quest.

While the respective guildmasters of the Dark Brotherhood and the Mages Guild can bring along one follower (or two if a player is both Arch-Mage and Listener), I'd like to know why, as guildmaster, one couldn't simply order a particular guild to send in some reinforcements for the battle.

The scripting would essentially entail the following, from the appropriate guilds:

Mages Guild: Raminus Polus would arrive, along with three leveled allies whose strengths you pick. I'm thinking having the option of either a distance caster armed with a few destruction staffs and maybe a paralysis staff to work on crowd control and damage ouptut, or the battlemages with on-touch combat casting and melee skills. Any combination of the options would be allowable (two distance casters and a battlemage plus Raminus, three battlemages plus Raminus, etc.)

Fighters Guild: Modryn Oreyn and three warriors with leveled stats and equipment show up to aid the fight, holding the front and center along with Captain Burd. The three fighters, like the mages, could be optioned between archery or melee combat, depending on orders given to Odreyn when requesting aid for Bruma.

Thieves Guild: Nothing. Seriously, wrong guild. Though, if it were possible to give better equipment to different people (like Martin, or Jauffre and Baurus), they could donate leveled rings/amulets or other enchanted items that they acquired in their 'wealth redistribution' campaigns across Cyrodiil.

Dark Brotherhood: At best, two murderers. Ones that can be asked to either perform as archers, freeing up Odreyn's men for melee work, or as nightblade/rogues, skirmishing the sidelines to keep the Daedra off Martin and the distance casters/archers one has. And for justification, dialogue along the lines of "The Dark Brotherhood serves Sithis, not Mehrunes Dagon. If Dagon wins, then the Dark Brotherhood will find their time limited before Dagon rules all, and the will of Sithis shall be purged from this realm before the end comes." There, the whole 'enemy of my enemy' for one quest.

Arena: Other than the fun of orderign the Adoring Fan in first, to show him what real adventure is like, I don't much see what we can do with this. Still, a potential option.

So, anybody think that this might be a good idea, or am I just experiencing a bout of wishful thinking here?

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:28 PM