213 Pages V « < 208 209 210 211 212 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Acadian
post Jul 8 2022, 08:28 PM
Post #4181

Paladin
Group Icon

Grouped with guildies + FG dailies is probably the best combo for both event boxes and companion leveling. And xp scroll will help.

I've got Ember and Isobel up to about L15 and it is a bit of a slog. Xp scrolls and pledges. Xp scrolls and farming Crimson Cove. Anything with lotsa kills per hour. Lol.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 7 2022, 07:34 PM
Post #4182

Councilor
Group Icon

Today in Cyrodiil Jerric found himself wearing a Pact uniform and in need of discussion with a civilian who resides in a Covenant occupied town. While checking out the situation in an uncharacteristically cautious manner, he noticed a merchant and a Dominion Merchant Guard also on the road and approaching the town. They did not see him.

Jerric looked to see if the town flags were still blue. They were. He checked behind him for incoming Dominion forces (none), and then waited to see what would happen.

The Dominion pair strode straight past the Covenant banners and caught the attention of the occupying guards. An argument ensued.

Jerric took the opportunity to jog into town and chat with his civilian. He rode back out while the guards were still distracted. Probably he will be back to liberate the town. Probably multiple times. But today it was nice to just do a good deed and enjoy the sunshine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 7 2022, 08:06 PM
Post #4183

Paladin
Group Icon

Glad that Jerric is enjoying the event. After all, anything with Mayhem in the name surely appeals to him. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 16 2022, 04:27 PM
Post #4184

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 8 2022, 03:28 PM) *

Grouped with guildies + FG dailies is probably the best combo for both event boxes and companion leveling. And xp scroll will help.

I've got Ember and Isobel up to about L15 and it is a bit of a slog. Xp scrolls and pledges. Xp scrolls and farming Crimson Cove. Anything with lotsa kills per hour. Lol.

I’m still doing that grind, too. It is somewhat confusing what xp trickles down to the companion. It is certainly not a simple 25% of the player’s xp, as quest completion, for example, is not shared. My preferred method has been the public dungeons, trying to fill the gaps where a character has not yet done the group event. The companion xp comes from all the trash mobs, so it happens without having to think about it, but I keep wondering if soloing normal dungeons would be more xp-dense? Should we spend all our time in FG1 or Crimson Cove?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 16 2022, 06:04 PM
Post #4185

Paladin
Group Icon

Companions level based on kills done and how 'big' the foes are. Group vs public dungeons favors public dungeons because tons of trash generates more xp for them faster than a few bigger kills spread out. I have found that Crimson Cove and Obsidian Scar (public dungeon in Rivenspire) work wonderfully in that you can set up circuits of nonstop killing of quickly respawning groups and simply repeat until your fingers get tired. I'm pretty sure the fast density of kills you can rack up in Craglorn around Spellscar wayshrine would rival those public dungeons if you prefer being outdoors. Think 'kills per minute' when trying to level companions. I'm sure you're aware that leveling their skill in the three guilds is different and based only on doing respective dailies.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 16 2022, 06:37 PM
Post #4186

Councilor
Group Icon

They are all done with the guild levels on both NA and EU. I need to raise both Isobels and both Embers in combat level, so I guess my current public dungeon strategy stays.

The zombie areas for player level grinding don’t seem to work as well with a companion. The general method for those was to gather up the mobs by running around with a player-centered AOE running, and pause and burn them all down with a different target-centric AOE or two periodically. That breaks down with a companion, as the mobs will divide between you, and you get two separated groups to handle, and the companion may have problems with their share. At least the public dungeons have the groups pre-assembled.

And I think we’re still waiting for the duel fix for Isobel’s achievement. It may be done on PTS, but I’m unsure about live.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 16 2022, 06:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 17 2022, 12:38 AM
Post #4187

Councilor
Group Icon

Vicuña and Isobel were waiting at a High Isle WB for some more players to turn up, and finally someone did. Jerric!

So we did another WB, and a delve for his Ember, and a Bolgrul, too. Much rapport was gained all round. It would have been more if the dailies didn't have a 20 hour cooldown.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Dec 17 2022, 12:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 18 2022, 02:23 AM
Post #4188

Councilor
Group Icon

It was so fun to run into Vicuña and Isobel at the Serpent Bog! Spontaneous adventure time!!

I had no idea there is a cooldown on rapport for those dailies, though I have probably been told. That explains how slowly the little arrow moves. Some of the time it is not moving at all!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 22 2022, 12:31 AM
Post #4189

Councilor
Group Icon

Since the weekly Endeavor is 30 WB's, Unna decided to go play with Nomeg Rime, the nearest one to her home at Autumn's Gate. She was on the brink of soloing it, when someone else turned up for the final blow. But it dropped two Antiquity leads! One for a Mythic on High Isle, and the other the local purple. Never had two at once before.

And I only noticed after, that Unna had forgotten to eat before the fight. Maybe she'd have done it faster if she had?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 22 2022, 02:14 AM
Post #4190

Paladin
Group Icon

'Grats to Unna! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 28 2022, 03:09 PM
Post #4191

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Dec 21 2022, 06:31 PM) *

Since the weekly Endeavor is 30 WB's, Unna decided to go play with Nomeg Rime, the nearest one to her home at Autumn's Gate. She was on the brink of soloing it, when someone else turned up for the final blow. But it dropped two Antiquity leads! One for a Mythic on High Isle, and the other the local purple. Never had two at once before.

And I only noticed after, that Unna had forgotten to eat before the fight. Maybe she'd have done it faster if she had?

Woo Hoo Unna!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 2 2023, 03:43 PM
Post #4192

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice job, Unna! Congrats!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 20 2023, 11:11 PM
Post #4193

Councilor
Group Icon

On Friday, Laurie got the final page of Black Fin Legion from the Leyawiin delve dailies, so we switched over to the WB dailies, to try and get Ivory Brigade pages. She only knew five, so the odds should be on our side, right? I'm guessing that there is an account cool-down on the pages, because we got one on Friday, one on Saturday, another on Sunday, and one today. Three of the four were duplicates, so now she has six pages.

She did one herself today, to complete the 30 WB dailies achievement, and we got the giant death-hopper, Deathwart. A few of the others have done that before solo, so she leapt in and started to fight. After half an hour, she decided that he was healing as fast as she was damaging him, and broke off. He followed her outside his pool, and without the heals he could get from eating the flies, she started to wear him down at last. But having got our hopes up, he hopped back to the pool. Before anyone else arrived, I took a look at the CMX stats, and Laurie had done 10M damage to a 1.8M boss without killing him.

Then another player arrived and he lasted two minutes of actual damage. Which probably proves that Mirri is NOT a DD.

We're running those because the Leyawiin Stairway plan also drops from the coffers. We got it that way on EU, but not on NA, and Hunding's wants its roof stairs. IMHO the price is too high on the guild traders for a blue plan, so this does double duty. If we haven't got it by the end of the month, maybe WB dailies in Blackwood will be on the guild agenda. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 21 2023, 02:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 16 2023, 04:07 PM
Post #4194

Councilor
Group Icon

Just picked up Aderene, the Fargrave Dregs Dealer, or deconstruction assistant. She has a good selection of dialog, compared to the few lines that the bankers and merchants cycle through. And the one she chose for Clark was “Don’t flirt with me” laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 16 2023, 06:58 PM
Post #4195

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 16 2023, 11:07 AM) *

Just picked up Aderene, the Fargrave Dregs Dealer, or deconstruction assistant. She has a good selection of dialog, compared to the few lines that the bankers and merchants cycle through. And the one she chose for Clark was “Don’t flirt with me” laugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif I will have to check her out when I get some more Crowns to spend, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 13 2023, 01:00 PM
Post #4196

Councilor
Group Icon

When I got back from England I bought the hide shoulder style on each server, and the characters who have been doing without went looking for the right shoulder piece to add to their build.

Mamma wanted a Mother’s Sorrow piece, so she could start using 2x5 piece sets plus RotPO. We had a Julianos Epaulets, so she ran Lady Llarel’s Shelter, hoping for either shoes or sash. We got twelve Night Mother’s Embrace, and as many Plague Doctor, plus several shields, and a Mother’s Sorrow bow before we got what we wanted.

I think we may make more use of the Transmute station in future. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 13 2023, 01:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 13 2023, 03:27 PM
Post #4197

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastley, great to have you back, and I hope your trip to the UK went well.

The hide shoulder style is very nice (and welcome)!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 13 2023, 05:39 PM
Post #4198

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 13 2023, 08:00 AM) *

When I got back from England I bought the hide shoulder style on each server, and the characters who have been doing without went looking for the right shoulder piece to add to their build.

Mamma wanted a Mother’s Sorrow piece, so she could start using 2x5 piece sets plus RotPO. We had a Julianos Epaulets, so she ran Lady Llarel’s Shelter, hoping for either shoes or sash. We got twelve Night Mother’s Embrace, and as many Plague Doctor, plus several shields, and a Mother’s Sorrow bow before we got what we wanted.

I think we may make more use of the Transmute station in future. laugh.gif

Ooh, Welcome Back!

Lol, I remember trying for MS shoes there and what we got all night = Grits sent me the shoes the next day, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 13 2023, 05:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 9 2023, 01:49 PM
Post #4199

Councilor
Group Icon

Tweaking builds after “hide shoulders” had me try Oakensoul with Miranu, my EU Magblade. I did a quick run round the Rivenspire Public dungeon, and her damage on the mob packs has increased dramatically, from the twenties to the seventies. ohmy.gif

So now all the servers are down for hardware changes, and I can’t try any of the others. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 9 2023, 03:20 PM
Post #4200

Paladin
Group Icon

After the dumpster fire that was Update 35, we tried Oakensoul as an alternative to rage quitting the game. It was a success, and every Buffy is now an Oakenbuff. Only one is an actual heavy attack build. What the others mostly like is not having to micromanage a whole back bar for less buffs than Oakensoul gives and the fact that heavy attacks are now an actual decent damage attack for when you need resources. . . so she can almost ignore mag or stam regen.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 208 209 210 211 212 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:33 PM