Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 96 97 98 99 100 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
mALX
post Nov 15 2019, 12:34 AM
Post #1941

Ancient
Group Icon

They shut off the event long before they announced it on here; because Pia went into the Imperial City Prison with the Event going in full blast; she finished the Prison at 2:45 p.m. and got NO Event Tickets and NO huge plunder box = so they shut it off WHILE she was in that dungeon.

Thank goodness I bought the Snow Berries from the Impresario early in the morning instead of waiting till the afternoon!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 15 2019, 12:38 AM
Post #1942

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit just can’t get excited about the Indrik mounts. They just don’t fit any of this one’s characters.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 15 2019, 03:21 AM
Post #1943

Councilor
Group Icon

Lildereth loves her Indrik. Jerric is getting the snow berries one because it looks cool. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 15 2019, 12:05 PM
Post #1944

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 14 2019, 03:38 PM) *

Khajiit just can’t get excited about the Indrik mounts. They just don’t fit any of this one’s characters.

Same for my horse-crazy elf. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 15 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #1945

Ancient
Group Icon

So yesterday Khajiit and Brenna were working on her outfit and noticed a style, at the very bottom of the pages where the Glenmoril items are, called the Skaal Explorer or something like that. It says it is unlocked by doing special writs during the New Life Festival, so looks like we can look forward to these style pages cluttering up our guild bank this holiday season laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 15 2019, 06:47 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2019, 07:21 PM
Post #1946

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 15 2019, 12:46 PM) *

So yesterday Khajiit and Brenna were working on her outfit and noticed a style, at the very bottom of the pages where the Glenmoril items are, called the Skaal Explorer or something like that. It says it is unlocked by doing special writs during the New Life Festival, so looks like we can look forward to these style pages cluttering up our guild bank this holiday season laugh.gif

Yes, it seems the game won't handle more inventory slots for houses or banks; but for some reason can handle gobs of different outfit style pages, lol. I am so glad Lopov and Renee joined to help us use all those style pages up, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 15 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #1947

Councilor
Group Icon

And they're already cluttering up the outfit system UI. At least the styles there appear in a grid, making it easier to select the one you want. Imagine if they were all in one long list like they are at a crafting station! Or even if they got added to that list, and you had to scroll past them! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 15 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #1948

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2019, 12:21 PM) *

I am so glad Lopov and Renee joined to help us use all those style pages up, lol.

Indeed! They should probably get the rune boxes that are in there too, if they haven’t already.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 15 2019, 12:22 PM) *

Imagine if they were all in one long list like they are at a crafting station! Or even if they got added to that list, and you had to scroll past them! ohmy.gif

Ew

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #1949

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 15 2019, 01:22 PM) *

And they're already cluttering up the outfit system UI. At least the styles there appear in a grid, making it easier to select the one you want. Imagine if they were all in one long list like they are at a crafting station! Or even if they got added to that list, and you had to scroll past them! ohmy.gif

Then they would have to give us a place to type in the name we are looking for; like the Add-ons have been giving us for years, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 15 2019, 09:30 PM
Post #1950

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2019, 01:21 PM) *

Yes, it seems the game won't handle more inventory slots for houses or banks; but for some reason can handle gobs of different outfit style pages, lol. I am so glad Lopov and Renee joined to help us use all those style pages up, lol.

What are style pages?

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2019, 10:21 PM
Post #1951

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 15 2019, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 15 2019, 01:21 PM) *

What are style pages?

Go into the Chorrolite Guild Bank and choose the icon that looks like a bottle (Consumables). There will be all kinds of gold colored items in there = take one of each; and when you read it they will disappear from your inventory (so you won't have to worry about carrying them around). Don't worry about it being the last one, we all have them already and each Account can only use one of each.

Next: Read them. They will give you all kinds of fun things you can do; (like throwing mudballs; throwing cherry blossoms; juggling knives or fire batons; etc) or clothes you can wear for fun; (like a bathing towel, funny hats for both winter and Halloween, etc).

If you pick up an extra one by accident; just put it back into the Guild Bank.

Keep going down through those and picking up one of each; then you will see more gold colored print but the icon for these is a sheet of paper instead = pick up one of each of those too! Those are the Style Pages.

What the Style Page does is (and Lopov can teach you how to work the Outfit System) is for if you want to wear armor but also wear a costume = you can make your own costume and wear it over your armor! The more Style Pages you read/learn; the more options you will have for styles of your costumes when you create them.

Each Character gets one "costume" token; but you can buy more "Outfit Change" slots if you like to change your clothes around a lot.

It is just another way to dress up your character how you want to see them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #1952

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, and when you get stuff like the backpack full of mudballs = place it onto your "Hot Keys" by opening your Inventory screen; (the "I" key) and choose the tab to the far right to place things on your Hot "Wheel." Scan down the list till you find what you want and drag-drop it to the slot you want it in.

Close that tab out by clicking the tab to the far left = your Inventory.

You can keep health potions in there; food; etc. - but you can also put Emotes in there to use on the spur of the moment.

To access it; press down the "Q" key (AFTER closing your Inventory page) and kind of rotate your mouse around to highlight the item you want to use when you press the "Q" key. (try putting a potion in there; and you will hear your character swallow the potion). If you put the Mudball filled Backpack on your "Q," look toward the Player you want to hit with a mudball; and press the "Q" while aimed at that person = your character will throw a mudball at that person. Same with the Cherry Blossoms; it will give the person a crown of Cherry Blossoms and make their character smile.

Warning: If you throw a mudball at a Guard by accident; they will consider it an assault, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 18 2019, 09:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2019, 09:55 AM
Post #1953

Ancient
Group Icon

Hey, did everyone notice that the new "Boar" pet gives every single character you have and extra 5 inventory slots even when you are not using the pet at all?

I just got the Boar tonight and never even took it out to look at it; but every one of my 9 characters is showing 205 Inventory slots now! I sure needed the extra space; and it is really Awesome that you don't HAVE to use the pig as a follower to get the benefits!

I never saw the small print on the pig when I looked at it; what a great surprise!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 18 2019, 12:15 PM
Post #1954

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2019, 02:55 AM) *

Hey, did everyone notice that the new "Boar" pet gives every single character you have and extra 5 inventory slots even when you are not using the pet at all?

I just got the Boar tonight and never even took it out to look at it; but every one of my 9 characters is showing 205 Inventory slots now! I sure needed the extra space; and it is really Awesome that you don't HAVE to use the pig as a follower to get the benefits!

I never saw the small print on the pig when I looked at it; what a great surprise!

Its about time they actually made a pet that gives you some kind of benefit. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #1955

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 18 2019, 06:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2019, 02:55 AM) *

Its about time they actually made a pet that gives you some kind of benefit. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend.

Agreed! I wish they would sell us a pig that would give inventory slots in all our houses; or our bank; etc. I would buy them all, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 18 2019, 05:01 PM
Post #1956

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 18 2019, 09:48 AM) *

Agreed! I wish they would sell us a pig that would give inventory slots in all our houses; or our bank; etc. I would buy them all, lol.

Khajiit has stated it before in one of these threads, but this one would like to see pets that give bonuses in combat.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2019, 05:18 PM
Post #1957

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 18 2019, 11:01 AM) *

Khajiit has stated it before in one of these threads, but this one would like to see pets that give bonuses in combat.

That would be Awesome! I remember that conversation; that is a really great idea! You should bring that one up on that ESO forum! This inventory slot thing sold through the Crown Store was brought up about two years ago, and they finally did it! I guess it probably takes the Dev's a couple years to plan/create/execute/test the bugs out/etc. to bring us what we want in game; but = most of what everyone has asked for has eventually shown up. (They actually do fairly well on listening; it just takes longer to produce it than most people think it would).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 18 2019, 05:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 18 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #1958

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 18 2019, 11:01 AM) *

I'm happier with the idea that not everyone needs to bring their pet, banker, merchant etc. to a fight. I'd go the opposite direction and eliminate Sorceror and Warden pets. Followers are a single-player game thing where you need all the help you can get, and there aren't other players to fill that role.

If pets became useful, they'd soon be meta, and everyone would have to have them. And if they were too useful, we'd all stop playing and let them do all the work. biggrin.gif

My pets are really non-combat ones. They stay at home.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 18 2019, 05:49 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 19 2019, 11:22 PM
Post #1959

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm in agreement with ghastley on pets being nothing more than a cosmetic/aesthetic choice. Besides the meta aspect, if certain pets were given special boosts, I imagine Zenimax would have more incentive to lock them behind crown paywalls. Special abilities are something I actually wanted myself early on, but I came to change my mind.

If some pets are to get special abilities, though, I think the most I would be okay with is something like those few extra inventory slots.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Nov 19 2019, 11:23 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 24 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #1960

Paladin
Group Icon

Looks like the next event is soon upon us. A Dragonguard event Nov26 - Dec 9.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57289

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:58 PM