Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
haute ecole rider
post Aug 26 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #2981

Master
Group Icon

Why thank you all so kindly!

Thanks for pulling up that link, ghastley. I was waiting for it to be posted to his YouTube channel, since I figure not everyone has twitch accounts.

Awesome job, Haute! (although on the vid they said you prefer "Rider," some old habits are just hard to break, laugh.gif )

I'm fine with Hautee (one of the DDA "officials" loves to play around with that name - she calls me Haute Stuffs sometimes). But Rider is what I use in the game, and it's how I sign my in game mail. So no worries, you can keep calling me Hautee!

If there's interest in another Saturalia party, I can host one. If I do it at the Palace, though, I won't put in a decorated tree -- the place is full. I can still do it at Pariah's, which is more seasonal for the Northern Hemisphere folks. Or I can decorate Serenity Springs (warmer, with waterfalls) for the Bosmer ladies. Up to all of you!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 26 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #2982

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooh, a decorated tree again! (that's my vote for a Saturalia party) - but if you wanted to hold a party or event at the Palace anytime else I def want to go to that one too! What if we hold a Guild Meet there? And I haven't seen your Serenity house yet!

*mALX shamelessly invites everyone to your houses*

(But you are the best and most excellent party host for huge events; and your tree last year was spectacular!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 27 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #2983

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm starting to grind Cat Man Dhou up to champ level, to join Unna, Blossom, and Laurie. I'm not sure whether to do the Main Quest, or go collect all the skyshards from the delves in the regions he's "done". With all the CP, and being a tank, he survives very well, but the tankiness also means that progress is slow. Everything takes forever to die.

We did a bit of dolmen work to get an appropriate set of jewelry, which also helped raise his level. I'm starting to wonder if doing more of the same is a better way to grind levels. At least the train of other players farming the jewelry means he's not doing all the work.

On that subject, Laurie found herself soloing a dolmen last night. It was on the way to the Undaunted daily delve, and she dived in before we noticed that we were alone. Slow work, and hard to remember about Static Charge when you're a tank who's used to standing and holding.

She's getting more Master writs as her motifs and traits accumulate, so we need to think about what to get for the vouchers. Maybe the Glass and Ebony motifs?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 27 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #2984

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, I hear you about remembering to change up your tactics when you’re solo as opposed to being part of a group. Last night my Argis the Bulwark (my staff Templar) took on a Dolmen solo, and he cleared it with little trouble. He did have to switch to his healing skills when his health got low, but the boss was already pretty well worn down, so he was able to finish on the back bar even with the decreased DPS.

He is now my fourth toon to solo a dolmen. I’m very proud of him, he’s typically a lazy butt.

On an unrelated topic, my original plan for today was to spend the day pushing Argis through the rest of Reapers March. He is now in Rawl’kha ready to start the quests there.

However my calendar this morning gently reminded me that tomorrow is Julian’s second anniversary in ESO (as well as mine). Since I’m supposed to be working tomorrow, that means we need to celebrate it today. I typically take that toon out on their anniversary and have them do whatever they want to do for the whole day. For Alise, she went to CWC. For Argis, he spent the day fishing and cleared Glenumbra from his Master Fisher achievement list. Phae got to go to Coldharbour and beat down Molag Bal.

Argis has kindly offered to take the day off so Julian can do whatever she wants to do. Hmmmm

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 27 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #2985

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 27 2018, 11:48 AM) *

Yeah, I hear you about remembering to change up your tactics when you’re solo as opposed to being part of a group. Last night my Argis the Bulwark (my staff Templar) took on a Dolmen solo, and he cleared it with little trouble. He did have to switch to his healing skills when his health got low, but the boss was already pretty well worn down, so he was able to finish on the back bar even with the decreased DPS.

He is now my fourth toon to solo a dolmen. I’m very proud of him, he’s typically a lazy butt.

On an unrelated topic, my original plan for today was to spend the day pushing Argis through the rest of Reapers March. He is now in Rawl’kha ready to start the quests there.

However my calendar this morning gently reminded me that tomorrow is Julian’s second anniversary in ESO (as well as mine). Since I’m supposed to be working tomorrow, that means we need to celebrate it today. I typically take that toon out on their anniversary and have them do whatever they want to do for the whole day. For Alise, she went to CWC. For Argis, he spent the day fishing and cleared Glenumbra from his Master Fisher achievement list. Phae got to go to Coldharbour and beat down Molag Bal.

Argis has kindly offered to take the day off so Julian can do whatever she wants to do. Hmmmm

What a cool tradition, I love this! Boy, I'll bet it left you worn out though! Having to beat down Molag Bal is a day in itself, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 27 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #2986

Councilor
Group Icon

Happy Anniversary, Julian and Rider! May you have a marvelous time doing whatever you like best. Hmm, I think there is some 2nd Anniversary Jubilee cake here that would be suitable for the occasion! *brews kahve*

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 29 2018, 03:12 AM
Post #2987

Mouth
Group Icon

Ohhhhh, congrats, Rider! I agree with mALX, coming NinjaMonkey it must really mean a lot.

===

So today ends my seemingly endless Jewelry Crafting grind. I mostly stuck to just crafting writs for Lucius and Ruben, but since they both reached 48 I decided to give them a final push and finish. Lucius still needs a bit more to hit 50, but it's nothing a few intricates from the daily writs can't fix.

I think i would have been done earlier had I not basically stopped playing ESO beyond a few daily writs lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 29 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #2988

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 28 2018, 10:12 PM) *

Ohhhhh, congrats, Rider! I agree with mALX, coming NinjaMonkey it must really mean a lot.

===

So today ends my seemingly endless Jewelry Crafting grind. I mostly stuck to just crafting writs for Lucius and Ruben, but since they both reached 48 I decided to give them a final push and finish. Lucius still needs a bit more to hit 50, but it's nothing a few intricates from the daily writs can't fix.

I think i would have been done earlier had I not basically stopped playing ESO beyond a few daily writs lol

Not having Summerset, I collect those from random drops, and can't benefit from them. I smell a trade, if you're not already past the need.

---

The mention of daily crafting writs reminds me: when they changed the writ quantities, I stopped running of Jute all the time, as that gets returned faster than it's used. Now I'm always short of Ruby Ash, and keep needing Oko runes and Blessed Thistle, too. At least there are plenty of Alchemy and Enchanting surveys on hand.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 29 2018, 07:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 29 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #2989

Mouth
Group Icon

I am past the need, but thanks for offer.

Now my only goal is tracking down the Arena Gladiator Costume's Runebox for Lucius. I can never find one on TTC.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 29 2018, 08:53 PM
Post #2990

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 29 2018, 03:30 PM) *

I am past the need, but thanks for offer.

Now my only goal is tracking down the Arena Gladiator Costume's Runebox for Lucius. I can never find one on TTC.

Is it possible for anyone to have it yet? I read that you need to collect 50 tokens from daily quests, which means it would take 50 days minimum.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 31 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #2991

Master
Group Icon

So yesterday marks a new milestone for my laziest toon, Argis the Bulwark. It has been a long journey from his start on Bleakrock to the final goal - the day he finally earned the right to wear a silly hat.

The first screenie is dated 1/30/17, his first day in ESO. The second is from yesterday, 8/30/18. It has taken him over a year and a half to complete his Caldwell's Grand Tour. Along the way he met new friends, gained a BFAM (brother from another mother), got a new house, and gained new experience in a different style of fighting (staves, vs. the old sword and board he used in Skyrim).

Most importantly of all, he gained a new hobby. Master Angler, here he comes!

*edited to fix broken link*

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Sep 1 2018, 08:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 31 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #2992

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 31 2018, 10:11 AM) *

So yesterday marks a new milestone for my laziest toon, Argis the Bulwark. It has been a long journey from his start on Bleakrock to the final goal - the day he finally earned the right to wear a silly hat.

The first screenie is dated 1/30/17, his first day in ESO. The second is from yesterday, 8/30/18. It has taken him over a year and a half to complete his Caldwell's Grand Tour. Along the way he met new friends, gained a BFAM (brother from another mother), got a new house, and gained new experience in a different style of fighting (staves, vs. the old sword and board he used in Skyrim).

We were just discussing how some hats make your character go bald. Does Cadwell's really go the extra mile, and have the effect last past taking it off again? biggrin.gif

P.S. the "silly hat' pic url gives me a 403. None of the others do.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 31 2018, 03:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 31 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #2993

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay and congrats to Argis the golden Nordic Templar!

Buffy's been tinkering a lot in Snugpod. Amazing how such a small place can occupy so much time! She finally divested of all the 'Bosmer' leather over bone/ivory furniture and asked the pod to grow her some new organic 'Telvanni' style furniture. She also replaced the central campfire with one that actually cooks. Snugpod is her primary residence so feel free to pop by either to look around or as a convenient port to Elden Root.

In related news, Buffy now recognizes the existence of the Green Pact - though she is not bound at all to it. She understands that most of the Bosmer tribes cut a deal with Yffre to resolve the 'Wild Hunt' problem. Happily, the tribes of her clan (Clouddancers - extra small elves that live high enough in the graht oaks to dance among the clouds) cut their deal with the Nirn Mother and Sky Goddess instead. That is, they revere nature but happily use its bounty without waste as they need - that includes wood and vegetation. That said, like all of her clan, Buffy is basically carnivorous and requires meat to survive. Her mouth may enjoy Tamika's wine, sweetrolls and strawberries but her little body needs meat to sustain itself. Being a small elf, she generally prefers small game - rabbit and fish.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 31 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #2994

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 31 2018, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 31 2018, 10:11 AM) *

We were just discussing how some hats make your character go bald. Does Cadwell's really go the extra mile, and have the effect last past taking it off again? biggrin.gif

P.S. the "silly hat' pic url gives me a 403. None of the others do.

I am getting that same error on the hat screenshot, but can see all the rest = and like Ghastley, I am dying to know how he lost all his hair! He looked so young and pretty in the first screenshot, boy did that fight with Molag Bal age him!

This was so cool to see him grow up right before us though; it is touching to go back through your character's screens and see them going through those early stages again and remember how it felt to see these quests for the first time! Nice, and thank you for sharing it with us!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2018, 10:30 AM) *

Yay and congrats to Argis the golden Nordic Templar!

Buffy's been tinkering a lot in Snugpod. Amazing how such a small place can occupy so much time! She finally divested of all the 'Bosmer' leather over bone/ivory furniture and asked the pod to grow her some new organic 'Telvanni' style furniture. She also replaced the central campfire with one that actually cooks. Snugpod is her primary residence so feel free to pop by either to look around or as a convenient port to Elden Root.

In related news, Buffy now recognizes the existence of the Green Pact - though she is not bound at all to it. She understands that most of the Bosmer tribes cut a deal with Yffre to resolve the 'Wild Hunt' problem. Happily, the tribes of her clan (Clouddancers - extra small elves that live high enough in the graht oaks to dance among the clouds) cut their deal with the Nirn Mother and Sky Goddess instead. That is, they revere nature but happily use its bounty without waste as they need - that includes wood and vegetation. That said, like all of her clan, Buffy is basically carnivorous and requires meat to survive. Her mouth may enjoy Tamika's wine, sweetrolls and strawberries but her little body needs meat to sustain itself. Being a small elf, she generally prefers small game - rabbit and fish.

Green Pact = I'd personally like to take a weedeater to Grahtwood's jungle, rollinglaugh.gif

I've come across a Wood Elf berating a poor Khajiit for picking flowers and about to kill him for it if the Player doesn't intervene! I just can't get into the Green Pact as an immersive part of the Wood Elf culture. I think ESO did a much better job immersing us into the Hist in Argonian culture, or the Clans in the Orc culture. With the Wood Elf they just dumped that one random encounter and gave us the Green Pact armor, without giving us any reason to feel tied to the Pact or defend its existence. So I'm with you one not going all "Green or Die;" and so much prefer the idea of respect and proper use of Nature's Bounty. I'll join Buffy in her pact!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 31 2018, 05:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 31 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #2995

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh! I forgot to mention that this morning in my daily writ rewards I was shocked to get a "Swift" necklace! Woo Hoo!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 31 2018, 09:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 31 2018, 11:02 PM
Post #2996

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for letting us know about the Swift necklace. Jewelry writs are the source but, apparently, waaaayyy too rarely awarded.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 1 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #2997

Master
Group Icon

Okay, everyone, I reuploaded that problematic hat to my Flickr. Please try the link again and tell me if it works!

Yesterday Phae got down to business with her Silver. She slashed and smashed her way through eastern Stonefalls and is now resting in the Fishy Ambience that is Argis's old inn room in Ebonheart.

On the way, she happened to be the first one to notice this feature. I'm amazed that I've been through Stonefalls so many times and never noticed the rocks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 1 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #2998

Paladin
Group Icon

Heh, silly hat works fine now - but Argis doesn't look too happy wearing it! biggrin.gif

Neat rock formation! Never noticed it before either.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 1 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #2999

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 1 2018, 04:05 PM) *

Okay, everyone, I reuploaded that problematic hat to my Flickr. Please try the link again and tell me if it works!

Yesterday Phae got down to business with her Silver. She slashed and smashed her way through eastern Stonefalls and is now resting in the Fishy Ambience that is Argis's old inn room in Ebonheart.

On the way, she happened to be the first one to notice this feature. I'm amazed that I've been through Stonefalls so many times and never noticed the rocks.

I'm still getting a 404 error on that hat picture for some reason.

Oh, that rock formation is the Strife Brothers! I love that whole questline, and the rock formation! Really well thought out story! (and well done rock formation to depict it!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 1 2018, 11:11 PM
Post #3000

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 1 2018, 05:17 PM) *

I'm still getting a 404 error on that hat picture for some reason.

I also got the 404, but it showed me some of her other pictures, including apparently the one it couldn't find! blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

214 Pages V « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 11:16 PM