3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shivering Isles, Official expansion
Pisces
post Jan 12 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I just realised that I don't think this has been posted here yet, so here you go http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/753/753076p1....mp;RSSid=753076
My favourite daedric prince in his very own expansion, I haven't seen the screenshots personally because they've yet to be officially released online but I've hear that Golden saints are back.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Jan 18 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Evoker

Ah! You beat me to it! smile.gif I just read about iShivering Isles myself and can hardly wait. The KotN has been a lot of fun, but to actually get to go to Sheogorath's realm?? Mega-cool!!
Not sure if the info is the same for the links, but here's another spot to look. http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/shiverin...es_overview.htm

Chiglet biggrin.gif

--------------------
To the Void we all shall go...
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jan 19 2007, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Hurray, official announcement atlast, so I can look a the screenshots without buying a magazine or trying to find illegal copies.
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Jan 31 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #4

Agent

Wow, the expansion looks really nice. I better beat the main storyline in Oblivion, and play around with the expansions before it comes out. I was wondering what they would do for an expansion, and the only possible themes could be another Daedric Lord or going to some sort of distant land like Morrowind to see whats going on around there. I'm glad they choose the Daedric Lord theme because I want Oblvion to veer away from Morrowind. >_> That region had it's chapter, time for the rest of the world to get it's 15 minutes of fame.

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Jan 31 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #5

Evoker

If the Shivering Isles expansion is anything like the ones from Morrowind, you won't necessarily HAVE to complete the main quest first before playing in Sheogorath's realm. Right now, it's release is sometime in the second quarter of '07, but of course we all know that can be pushed back. smile.gif Personally, I hope that won't happen, but I want to be prepared for it. I've already checked with the local gaming stores around here, and they have no definite release date yet, and said to recheck in a month or 2. So, I'll let you know what I hear then. smile.gif

Chiglet emot-ninja1.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Feb 1 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I can't wait for Shivering Isles to come out, all that was old is new again! **Long pause** I'm not sure if that is an accurate analogy for the expansion, but whatever.
+Quote Post
Malpense the Dark
post Feb 2 2007, 02:06 AM
Post #7

Retainer

And once again those of us on Xbox 360 who don't have Xbox live get left out in the cold again. Thanks a bunch Bethseda.

--------------------
Marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be, let me tell you. Marriage is probably your chief course of divorce.
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Feb 2 2007, 04:25 AM
Post #8

Evoker

Just came from GameStop at my local mall with a receipt for prepayment of Shivering Isles. Yep, they've got a release date. TENTATIVELY, Shivering Isles will be released on March 26, 2007. As with all things gamey, the date is subject to change. smile.gif Cost was around $33 before taxes. They also had a recent mag with pics in it from the expansion. Don't remember the name of the mag though. Sorry. Brain is 1/2 fried from work.

Chiglet biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Feb 2 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #9

Agent

I would reccomend asking for a refund. Reserving games from Gamestop will only lead to trouble for you, no joke at all. I reserved the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the morons didn't keep it in stock. We reserved it months ahead of time, and never did they once show up on our caller ID to inform us that we can pick up our pre-paid hamster cave game.

hamster Gamestop.

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Feb 2 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #10

Evoker

I've never had a problem with the company myself. In fact, they pretty much know me by sight, and some by name. Though wiht all businesses, one should be cautious as they all may have some idiot to do the calling who can't dial a phone number correctly. To help prevent this, when it comes close to the release time, I start checking with the store every so often to see if there are any release date uppdates. smile.gif Helps keep me, and the game I've ordered, in their minds.

Chiglet smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DavidBeck
post Feb 5 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #11

Retainer

Yes, I think that as well.

Over the years Gamestop has "lost" three games that I reserved.

I only deal with GameCrazy now.

They have a lower selection, but at least they're (somewhat) honest . smile.gif
+Quote Post
DavidBeck
post Feb 8 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #12

Retainer

These forums don't see a lot of action do they...

It's been three days and nothing new has happened.

This is still the most recent thread. sad.gif

Maybe I'll stick with the TES Forums only...
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Feb 8 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Well in Oblivion news itself, it's been sorta slow. Our General Forum is constantly busy though (most of the time), and most of the users that stick around use that forum the most.

As for shivering isles. I'll be getting it, the concept of seeing Golden Saints again has me sold. Sheogorath is one of the more interesting Daedric Lords and this concept of your choices actually affecting the outcome of the expanion's world has my interest pique. Hopefully they don't disappoint me.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Feb 17 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

Must have Shivering isles!!!
wow it looks really great, is it gonna be a global release or is it released later in europe?

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post
Chiglet
post Feb 17 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #15

Evoker

from the elderscolls.com forums, "Supossidly 30 march for Europe and 26 march for US." So hopefully those of us in the US will keep from giving spoilers out until those in Europe get their hands (claws, talons, paws,...) on it too. I'll probably check with the game shop again a week into March to see if anything has changed. Hey, checking with them is what got me the special edition of the game. smile.gif (game isn't different, just got some neat doodads)

Chiglet biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Mar 29 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Shivering Isles just shipped yesterday, unfortunately my wireless connection was acting skittish due to the downpour down here in the South. Well, I started downloading today at 4:30ish and now at 9:46 it should be about 59% downloaded! mad.gif

Looks like I'll have to wait until after school tommorow to finally find the heart of madness....... wacko.gif
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Mar 30 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

I had it worse then you Revan, since I only have an Xbox 360, I had to download it off Xbox Live. Normally it would not be a problem, I would just have to deal with the lag of 803,625 trying to download it all at once. Well it turns out that matinence was scheldued for that day, and Xbox Live would be disabled for 14 hours. So I figure, okay, I can deal with it, it will be back up by five o'clock...

No, it takes them 18 hours, not 14. So I am stuck with out Shivering Isles unwil about nine o'clock. kvright.gif
And heres the kicker, it was availible one day early for Xbox users, they just didn't tell anybody, and didn't put it in the "New Releases" section.

And you thought you had it bad...

But hey, at least I got to play it in the end! biggrin.gif (Infact, I beat it last night biggrin.gif )

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Mar 31 2007, 01:56 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

YOU!!!! *Grabs shotty and going house to house kicking down doors on a destructive rampage!*

On more serious note, I know you're joking about beating the whole thing.

I only had about an hour and a half to play........ Curse homework, curse it!

Edit: Lord Revan has gone on a random antics spree, due be patient while rationality regains control. :beep: :beep: :beep: ok, I'm back again. bigsmile.gif
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Apr 3 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

No seriously, you can beat SI in like three hours dude. Provided your focusing only on the MQ, and fast traveling. And your character has:

Rainment of the Crimson Scar (Fortify Speed 15)

Acrobats Amulet: (Fortify Speed 20)

I've already beat it with two of my characters...

+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Apr 3 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

^ And if you skip all the dialogue, run constantly, never check out any dungeons, and never look at anything. But then again... You could beat the main quest of Oblivion in about 7-10 if you did that as well. Less if you skip "Allies for Bruma".

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:50 AM