Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Odd little bug I found.
RavenMind
post Jul 28 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #1

Retainer

Maybe this has been commented on before, but I came across a strange little bug. I was playing an assassin and at the end of the Dark Brotherhood quests when I went to Applewatch to meet with Lucian, I reverse pick-pocketed a hood onto the traitor. I enchanted the hood with a drain health spell, so when we went to the Night Mother shrine the traitor appeared with the hood on. Now this killed him during the Night Mother's dialogue, so when it came time for him to start killing us, the game just stopped. Luckily I was able to reload to a time just before I entered Applewatch & just played it through normally. I was slightly amused.. wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 28 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww. You broke the game! tongue.gif

I've only taken the DB to fruition once I think. Normally when I do that questline, I freeze it before the Purification with everyone still alive.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 8 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RavenMind @ Jul 27 2010, 10:49 PM) *

Maybe this has been commented on before, but I came across a strange little bug. I was playing an assassin and at the end of the Dark Brotherhood quests when I went to Applewatch to meet with Lucian, I reverse pick-pocketed a hood onto the traitor. I enchanted the hood with a drain health spell, so when we went to the Night Mother shrine the traitor appeared with the hood on. Now this killed him during the Night Mother's dialogue, so when it came time for him to start killing us, the game just stopped. Luckily I was able to reload to a time just before I entered Applewatch & just played it through normally. I was slightly amused.. wink.gif

I killed Hassildor's wife by climbing across the rooftop of the castle and jumping down onto the "Chamber of the lost" and then tried to do the Vampire Cure Quest. Same thing happened, all worked right up until the witch went to give the potion to Rona - Hassildor stood up and moved forward and then the game froze.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Aug 11 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

That was a very creative way to complete the Dark Brotherhood... I have to try that! wink.gif

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Mar 5 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Haha, thats brilliant. If I ever decide to try iy, I will smile.gif
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 26 2012, 04:08 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 7 2010, 06:03 PM) *

I killed Hassildor's wife by climbing across the rooftop of the castle and jumping down onto the "Chamber of the lost" and then tried to do the Vampire Cure Quest. Same thing happened, all worked right up until the witch went to give the potion to Rona - Hassildor stood up and moved forward and then the game froze.

I beat the crap out of hassildor to the point where he disappeard from the game blink.gif same thing happened to that cheydinhal guard. I've also really messed up most of the thieves guild quests. I discovered that place where the moth priests live before I was supposed to, so the gray fox summoned me earlier that he was supposed to. The quest line ram fine up until the final part of the ultimate heist. The gray fox reveals who he truly is, says he's gonna give me the cowl, and then walks away and doesn't come back, and I'm stuck in cutscene mode. I couldn't finish the thieves guild quest line, so I started a new game. This time I steal the boots if springheel jak too early, and the gray fox appears where he's supposed to, but there's no option to give him the boots. I also broke into fathis aren's wizard tower too early, so now the arrow of extrication doesn't appear when it's supposed to. I also mess up a lot of Mage's guild quests too, but most of the bugs are too complicated to explain how I caused them.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 2 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Dec 25 2012, 10:08 PM) *

I beat the crap out of hassildor to the point where he disappeard from the game blink.gif same thing happened to that cheydinhal guard. I've also really messed up most of the thieves guild quests. I discovered that place where the moth priests live before I was supposed to, so the gray fox summoned me earlier that he was supposed to. The quest line ram fine up until the final part of the ultimate heist. The gray fox reveals who he truly is, says he's gonna give me the cowl, and then walks away and doesn't come back, and I'm stuck in cutscene mode. I couldn't finish the thieves guild quest line, so I started a new game. This time I steal the boots if springheel jak too early, and the gray fox appears where he's supposed to, but there's no option to give him the boots. I also broke into fathis aren's wizard tower too early, so now the arrow of extrication doesn't appear when it's supposed to. I also mess up a lot of Mage's guild quests too, but most of the bugs are too complicated to explain how I caused them.

The Hassildor bug happened to me too. He always let my character into his chambers with no problems, well one day he didn't. He kept telling Maxical to leave, when she wouldn't he attacked her. She was sitting down on his bench, and he kept hitting her so finally she got up and hit back. He didn't die, but lay down on the floor and stayed there. I could spin him around and everything, but he wasn't dead. Well, I saved/loaded that save - and he was gone. I had to load a previous save to bring him back. Scared the H out of me, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 3 2013, 01:10 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 2 2013, 12:49 PM) *

The Hassildor bug happened to me too. He always let my character into his chambers with no problems, well one day he didn't. He kept telling Maxical to leave, when she wouldn't he attacked her. She was sitting down on his bench, and he kept hitting her so finally she got up and hit back. He didn't die, but lay down on the floor and stayed there. I could spin him around and everything, but he wasn't dead. Well, I saved/loaded that save - and he was gone. I had to load a previous save to bring him back. Scared the H out of me, lol.

He reappeared for me. I was beating the crud out of him earlier today, but he glitched through the wall and got stuck laugh.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 3 2013, 02:49 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 2 2013, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 2 2013, 12:49 PM) *

He reappeared for me. I was beating the crud out of him earlier today, but he glitched through the wall and got stuck laugh.gif

Lol !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 5 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I just walked away from him like nothing happened evillol.gif He managed to get out on his own though(and is probably plotting his revenge) unsure.gif -looks around room for assassin-

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 5 2013, 09:21 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 6 2013, 05:03 AM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

Stop breaking the game, y'all!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 6 2013, 05:08 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 5 2013, 11:03 PM) *

Stop breaking the game, y'all!!!!

Lol, at least I've never done in Oblivion what I did in Fallout 3 - finding out how high I could get my character to blow up by stepping on 50-100 land mines at once and then shooting down, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 6 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

I think I broke Janus Hassildor blink.gif He doesn't move around the room, or speak, or acknowledge my existence. He just stands in the middle of the room and does a walking backwards animation, but doesn't move from his spot. I shouldn't of beat him up so much.

I just broke Mach-Na too panic.gif Now who am I going to beat up! -looks at arquen- A little nagging voice in the back of my head tells me no, but a stronger one says "do it already!" -cracks knuckles- LET THE PUNCHING GAMES.....BEGIN!

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 6 2013, 08:26 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:46 PM