Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Skyrim.
Lopov
post Feb 4 2017, 06:54 PM
Post #861

Master
Group Icon

Messing around in the CK I found out that Tonillia is marked as Vekel's lover. Not sure if any dialogue in the game refers to that, or maybe I haven't heard it yet.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 10 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #862

Councilor
Group Icon

Okay, I've never had a character (in any game) actually stargaze before. My crusader guy on Xbox is doing so, and I have this to report: the entire sky moves at night.

Sounds kinda dumb, but I've known the moons slowly travel across the sky, but never noticed that stars also move. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 10 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #863

Master
Group Icon

People of Skyrim say "Watch the skies, traveler" with a good reason. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 10 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #864

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Feb 10 2017, 10:44 AM) *

People of Skyrim say "Watch the skies, traveler" with a good reason. biggrin.gif

We should keep moving.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 29 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #865

Councilor
Group Icon

Nijel the Destroyer and Conina were walking towards Riften, when they passed an Imperial unit with prisoner, stopped at the side of the road. The guards were all watching the prisoner digging at an iron ore vein. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 5 2017, 12:40 AM
Post #866

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 29 2017, 05:36 PM) *

Nijel the Destroyer and Conina were walking towards Riften, when they passed an Imperial unit with prisoner, stopped at the side of the road. The guards were all watching the prisoner digging at an iron ore vein. ohmy.gif

Ha ha nice, that's hilarious!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 30 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #867

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas, early evening, 11th or Morningstar 4E 202

Lord Haaf-Mersey is in Riften, in Mistveil Keep. He's supposed to be looking for some clues, because the Dawnguard has told him one of Mistveil's court-members is a vampire, or a vampire sympathizer.

The Jarl has no problem with LHM looking around for clues, so he starts to do so. I'm guessing we're supposed to find some sort of note or book or orders. Something on paper, since none of the court has fessed up so far vocally.

LHM finds a piece of paper in Wylandriah's alchemy shop, expecting he's just solved the quest, but instead he finds a sort of 'rejection notice.' Wylandriah is the mage who's always in mid-thought about something, always seems disorganized. She apparently sent a some research notes off to the College, and what Lord Haaf-Mersey found in her shop was their rejection of her rambling ideas.

My favorite line of this note goes: Your letter sent to the College of Winterhold was rife with grammatical errors and incomplete thoughts, making them difficult to discern..... the letter goes on for a few more paragraphs but then ends with We'd also like to thank you for sending us your note regarding your experiments, we've all had quite a grand time reading them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 30 2017, 01:15 AM
Post #868

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee, I remember finding that note too. What a hoot. Wy was such a delightful character. She definitely needed an assistant court mage to help her keep organized!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 6 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #869

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa. Just saw a frost troll and a snow bear fighting! I always assumed they wouldn't do this, aren't they in the same faction? Maybe not.

Maybe it's because if they see the player-character, they're much more interested in him or her. These two large carnivores haven't noticed Lord Haaf-Mersey yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 24 2018, 11:56 PM
Post #870

Councilor
Group Icon

So my Main Quest character Sir Vyvoor just killed Mirmulnir, the second dragon we meet in the game. In the thing's inventory (I'll assume its belly, yuck) we found a guard's helmet, cuirass, and other assorted items which make it look as though the thing ate a Whiterun guard.

:yuck:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 27 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #871

Master
Group Icon

Sybil met her dark sister Gabriella on the road today. ohmy.gif I didn't know that it's possible to encounter members of the Dark Brotherhood outside the sanctuary.

EDIT: Looks like it was thanks to the mod, it's not possible in the vanilla game.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 27 2018, 12:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 27 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #872

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 17 2015, 06:40 PM) *

My White Wizard character dropped an iron daggar on the ground, because I hit the wrong button while I was in his inventory. I picked it up, tried to equip it again, but I hit the same key. So he drops the weapon again, and picks it up. Finally I got it right.

A guard saw White Wizard drop his daggar twice and he says "You shouldn't drop weapons around, someone could pick it up, and get hurt. If I see you do it again, that someone will be you."

blink.gif

Ooh, I heard this before! Kovan Kren in Oblivion's Dunbarrow Cove DLC = and he DID take the sword I dropped; I was never able to get it back! I learned quickly to only drop weapons in the cupboard or dresser inside my cabin there!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 27 2016, 02:03 PM) *

Another first, although this one can only happen in a modded game.

My current character is a Dremora, only playable if modded, but the game knows that she's a Daedra. So when she passed Fort Kastav on the way to Winterhold, the conjurers occupying the place came out to welcome her.
There was an Ascendant Conjurer among them (who should not have been there, as he was too high a level, but that's not the point). He cast something at her that enveloped her in a purple swirl and knocked her back a bit. It took me a while to figure out that it was probably Expel Daedra, which didn't quite work as expected on the player.

I'd played a Dremora before, but didn't encounter this last time. But Prizna didn't do the MQ, as she thought that Dragonborn couldn't apply to someone who wasn't born at all.

Zara misheard it as Dagonborn, so she's doing the MQ under false colours.

This is Awesome!

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 27 2018, 07:40 AM) *

Sybil met her dark sister Gabriella on the road today. ohmy.gif I didn't know that it's possible to encounter members of the Dark Brotherhood outside the sanctuary.

EDIT: Looks like it was thanks to the mod, it's not possible in the vanilla game.

Ooh, nice mod!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 16 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #873

Councilor
Group Icon

Honeystrand Cave, just south of Ivarstead. Walked by this cave literally hundreds of times (it's about 50 feet away from the road, and we can't see it unless we veer deliberately off the path). The thing that makes it sort of unique is there's a bear who is obsessed with the bee hive that hangs just in front o the cave. I guess that bear wants some honey.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 16 2018, 11:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 16 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #874

Councilor
Group Icon

I just witnessed a skeever triggering a bear trap! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 17 2019, 01:02 AM
Post #875

Ancient
Group Icon

Ouch!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 25 2019, 11:09 PM
Post #876

Councilor
Group Icon

I am still gaming with Sir Vyvoor, seems like he's never going to get the Main Quest done. rolleyes.gif

Anyway he recently got a special sword called Penumbra. It is made with ebony and is not part of the vanilla game. I think this sword comes from Immersive Weapons. Anyway, Vyvoor goes into Birna's shop (in Winterhold) and she says

"Who did you have to kill to get that sword?"

Nice little surprise there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 1 2020, 01:31 AM
Post #877

Councilor
Group Icon

Sir Vyvoor is in Shriekwind Bastion. A necromancer revived a fallen body, which started coming after Vyvoor. Well, my toon blasted this revived corpse with his Fire Breath shout.

She said "Thank you" as she returned to her deceased state. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 1 2020, 01:57 AM
Post #878

Ancient
Group Icon

I have heard the reanimated dead say that too when they die. It is heart-breaking. They know what has been done to them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 2 2020, 07:42 PM
Post #879

Master
Group Icon

Penumbra comes from Latin and is among others a medical term, it stands for the damaged area during a stroke, where blood flow is diminished, but the event is still reversible and if acting quick and correct, the penumbra can reduce, letting blood flow increase, and the oxygen getting to it where it should.

Penumbra is also an old video game, I think.

Anyway, congrats on the new sword, Vyvoor. There are necromancers in the Shriekwind Bastion? I thought it's infested with vampires, looks like I mixed some things up.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Apr 2 2020, 07:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 2 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #880

Ancient
Group Icon

Penumbra was also a club in Shadowrun

--------------------
+Quote Post

45 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:45 PM