Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The comfy Christmas/winter thread, A thread to share your Christmas recipes, experiences, etc
Callidus Thorn
post Dec 28 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #141

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 28 2017, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 28 2017, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 28 2017, 03:29 PM) *

Was it you or Mirocu that had the young niece who wouldn't leave you alone during these holiday gatherings? laugh.gif

I've got a cousin who does that, a lot younger than me, but she's calmed down somewhat now. So I'm not likely to be hugged to death this year laugh.gif

laugh.gif I thought it was you that happened to! I said niece because I remembered the girl being much younger, but I did remember you being the subject of boa-constrictor hugs during the holidays a couple years back, lol.

Heh, I think boa-constrictor is something of an understatement for her hugs laugh.gif

I'm just hoping she's not too hyped up because it's christmas, or I'll end up back in the vice-grip again rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 29 2017, 02:22 AM
Post #142

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 28 2017, 03:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 28 2017, 03:48 PM) *

laugh.gif I thought it was you that happened to! I said niece because I remembered the girl being much younger, but I did remember you being the subject of boa-constrictor hugs during the holidays a couple years back, lol.

Heh, I think boa-constrictor is something of an understatement for her hugs laugh.gif

I'm just hoping she's not too hyped up because it's christmas, or I'll end up back in the vice-grip again rollinglaugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 29 2017, 03:58 PM
Post #143

Ancient
Group Icon

Aww, your cousin sounds cute Thorns. You know you’ll miss those hugs when you don’t get them anymore. She’ll be a teenager soon. “I’m to grown for hugging Cousin Thorns. Cool kids don’t do stuff like that.” tongue.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Dec 29 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #144

Councilor
Group Icon

Sure, she's cute. But I doubt she'll ever grow out of hugging me, even if she's grown out of being so enthusiastic about it. That kid's nuts about me rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Dec 30 2017, 03:22 AM
Post #145

Master
Group Icon

So yeah- in all the excitement about finally joining the ranks of ESO players, I rather forgot to mention the reason I have been able to do so... the new gaming PC I received as my Christmas gift.

(Those who are easily nauseated by watching someone geek out are advised to stop reading now).

It is a Cyberpower GXVR8020A4 with

i5 7400 processor (3 GHz)
8 GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon RX580 4GB
1 TB hard drive
Windows 10 64-bit

The only negative surprise was no internal CD/DVD-ROM drive... which will teach me to read the specs before ordering. However, a few additional bucks got me an LG external drive, so that's sorted.

The next purchase will be an HDMI/USB KVM switch, which will allow me to run the old Windows 7 PC through the same keyboard, monitor, and mouse. I could just pull the hard drive and run it in an external drive enclosure, but using the switch means I won't have to negotiate for the programs that are loaded on the Win 7 drive to work in the Win 10 PC.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 30 2017, 05:11 AM
Post #146

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Dec 29 2017, 08:22 PM) *

So yeah- in all the excitement about finally joining the ranks of ESO players, I rather forgot to mention the reason I have been able to do so... the new gaming PC I received as my Christmas gift.

(Those who are easily nauseated by watching someone geek out are advised to stop reading now).

8 GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon RX580 4GB
1 TB hard drive
Windows 10 64-bit

The only negative surprise was no internal CD/DVD-ROM drive... which will teach me to read the specs before ordering. However, a few additional bucks got me an LG external drive, so that's sorted.

The next purchase will be an HDMI/USB KVM switch, which will allow me to run the old Windows 7 PC through the same keyboard, monitor, and mouse. I could just pull the hard drive and run it in an external drive enclosure, but using the switch means I won't have to negotiate for the programs that are loaded on the Win 7 drive to work in the Win 10 PC.

Nice PC Treydoggiedog!!! May it serve as gateway for many adventures for you!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 30 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #147

Master
Group Icon

Awesome! Glad to see you in Tamriel!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 30 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #148

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 29 2017, 12:24 PM) *

Sure, she's cute. But I doubt she'll ever grow out of hugging me, even if she's grown out of being so enthusiastic about it. That kid's nuts about me rollinglaugh.gif

D'Aaaaaw! That is really sweet!

QUOTE(treydog @ Dec 29 2017, 09:22 PM) *

8 GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon RX580 4GB
1 TB hard drive
Windows 10 64-bit

WOW, what an AWESOME Xmas Present !!!!

Ooh, I'd like a switch like that to be able to use the same monitor for my old PC without having to unhook all those wires each time! I wonder how well that would work with my old PC? OH! And if it would work with and XP PC, I might be able to play Chips Challenge with just a flip of the switch ...

*mALX wipes drool from keyboard...*

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 30 2017, 03:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Dec 30 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #149

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 30 2017, 02:34 PM) *

Back from the family gathering, which was good fun as always. Didn't get much in the way of hugs from my youngest cousin, as she might have been a little upset that I was geeking out with one of other cousins when she arrived laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 30 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #150

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 30 2017, 01:41 PM) *

Back from the family gathering, which was good fun as always. Didn't get much in the way of hugs from my youngest cousin, as she might have been a little upset that I was geeking out with one of other cousins when she arrived laugh.gif

Older cousin?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Dec 30 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #151

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 30 2017, 08:25 PM) *

Older cousin?

I've got four younger cousins, with her being the youngest. She used to get really upset when she didn't have me all to herself when I was geeking out in the past with one of the older cousins laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 31 2017, 01:43 AM
Post #152

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 30 2017, 03:27 PM) *

Older cousin?

I've got four younger cousins, with her being the youngest. She used to get really upset when she didn't have me all to herself when I was geeking out in the past with one of the older cousins laugh.gif

Oh ok yes, this one see’s. Can you explain what is meant by “geeking out”?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Dec 31 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #153

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 31 2017, 12:43 AM) *

Older cousin?

Basically, talking about something really geeky and ignoring everyone else in the room because we were too interested in the discussion laugh.gif. In this instance it was Star Wars films

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 31 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #154

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 31 2017, 04:35 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 31 2017, 12:43 AM) *

Older cousin?

Basically, talking about something really geeky and ignoring everyone else in the room because we were too interested in the discussion laugh.gif. In this instance it was Star Wars films

Oh ok gotcha!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 31 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #155

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Dec 30 2017, 02:41 PM) *

Your family gatherings for Christmas sound like a blast! Really nice and close knit family you have, Thorny! goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 28 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #156

Spam Meister
Group Icon

GAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! panic.gif panic.gif

wacko.gif

I'm sorry, gois. But I just can't contain it anymore, I had to bring this thread up again! ohmy.gif This Saturday I'm taking home the Christmas tree for 2018! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 28 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #157

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 28 2018, 12:41 PM) *

GAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! panic.gif panic.gif

wacko.gif

I'm sorry, gois. But I just can't contain it anymore, I had to bring this thread up again! ohmy.gif This Saturday I'm taking home the Christmas tree for 2018! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

That’s ok! Good on you.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 28 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #158

Master
Group Icon

It's that special time of the year, cold weather and fresh roasted chipmunks. They taste great with honey bbq sauce.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Nov 28 2018, 08:03 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 28 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #159

Spam Meister
Group Icon

It's cold and snowy indeed and I loves it biggrin.gif

We will celebrate quite early this year with Brother and his Wife but then of course as usual on The Day™. All the regular food will be available and many, many gingerbread for Bird biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 28 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #160

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 28 2018, 01:02 PM) *

It's cold and snowy indeed and I loves it biggrin.gif

We will celebrate quite early this year with Brother and his Wife but then of course as usual on The Day™. All the regular food will be available and many, many gingerbread for Bird biggrin.gif

How early is early?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:09 AM