Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glitches and how to solve them., XBOX 360 Oblivion only
Petra Arkanian
post Dec 29 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #1

Agent

Hey, guys. I just ran into a really annoying glitch. A new character I was making, a woodelf named Alyss, is stuck on her last save. I was in the goblin area. I finished the tutorial and all that, even got to the imperial city, and I saved, and then I try to continue with my game, and the save is gone! Back through the tutorial, get outside, save, play again later. The save has been deleted once again! How annoying!

Also. Whenever I try to make woodelfs, they come out hulking! Super tall! Aren't woodelfs supposed to be tiny? And, no, I'm not making an Altmer when I try this.

--------------------
Idiosyncrasy, my newest story

There is no better disguise for an assassin than riding into the Imperial City on a Unicorn.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 29 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Not sure on your glitch, as I play on PC.

I do know character heights though. '1.0' is the standard height, probably best defined by an Imperial. Other races vary somewhat from this, to include sex differences for some races. Think of 1.0 as 100% of standard height. An Altmer (male or female), at 1.1 is 110% of the height of an Imperial. A female Bosmer is 1.0. A male Bosmer is 0.9 - there is your tiny. Since I play on the PC, I have changed the height of my female Bosmer to 0.9. Normally female Bosmers are standard height (1.0).

The following data shows the height for each race, by sex:
Race Male Female
Argonian 1.03 1.00
Breton 1.00 0.95
Dark Elf 1.00 1.00
High Elf 1.10 1.10
Imperial 1.00 1.00
Khajiit 1.00 0.95
Nord 1.06 1.06
Orc 1.06 1.06
Redguard 1.03 1.00
Wood Elf 0.90 1.00

Here is a 0.9 character standing next to a 1.1 character: Screenshot

Here is the same 0.9 character standing next to a 1.0 character: Screenshot

Again, Buffy the Bosmer depicted in these shots is modified down from 1.0 to 0.9. She is the same height as a male Bosmer.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Dec 30 2010, 07:28 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 30 2010, 07:27 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Petra Arkanian @ Dec 28 2010, 09:59 PM) *

Hey, guys. I just ran into a really annoying glitch. A new character I was making, a woodelf named Alyss, is stuck on her last save. I was in the goblin area. I finished the tutorial and all that, even got to the imperial city, and I saved, and then I try to continue with my game, and the save is gone! Back through the tutorial, get outside, save, play again later. The save has been deleted once again! How annoying!

Also. Whenever I try to make woodelfs, they come out hulking! Super tall! Aren't woodelfs supposed to be tiny? And, no, I'm not making an Altmer when I try this.

Are you on an XBox 360? If so, your hard drive may be full. Clear off any games you no longer play, (you will retain your gamerscore from them) - go to System/memory/games/Oblivion - and look at what is in there. It may be that some old saves from previous games are cluttering it up, filter through and delete what you no longer need - that may help.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jan 3 2011, 01:35 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

I know a good glitch that's helpful and fun (xbox 360 only i think)

get at least 2 of the same scroll (a few at sale in mystic emporium) and select them in your inventory. then drop the item you want cloned and VOILA!

experiment and please tell me anything interesting!

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
Shadowgale
post Jan 4 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Retainer

Like mALX said, For the first one you mentioned, it may be that your memory card is full. That happened to me once, and I couldn't load my autosaves, because my autosaves didn't save. You may have to delete some characters.

The problem is, I know you only play Oblivion, as you just got the XBOX, so.

This post has been edited by Shadowgale: Jan 4 2011, 07:29 PM

--------------------
Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:21 PM