Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Lady Saga
post Apr 3 2012, 02:48 AM
Post #581

Mouth
Group Icon

wow, he's hunting mammoths? what a brave dude! I don't think my hunting indian character will ever try to take on anything larger than a moose.

okay, so some of this stuff starts off from when I was gaming yesterday, but Chorrol was down so I coudln't write it up. sad.gif

Crystal Beth left Solitude with her new partner Belrand. He's a Nord, somewhat older than Beth would like, but he's a jack-of-all-trades, possessing bow, one-handed weaponry skills, and various magic spells. Beth had to admit, it's useful to have him around.

She's commited to saving money right now for a house, and is making a much more conscious effort to funnel more money into savings. She had to admit all those poisons she's been making up (and half her potions) were not getting used. She doesn't need poison....her magic is getting more and more strong. So she sold all of these un-necessaries.

The walk from Solitude to Whiterun was a mostly safe one. Beth and Belrand got attacked by a party of bandits, as well as a couple Dark Brotherhood peons. B&B also joined up with a travelling Imperial soldier, too (this was fun...the 3 of them walking together, facing wolves, mostly).

In Whiterun, Beth took up an opportunity to slay the bandits of Silent Moon camp. Earned more money, sold more loot, etc. After a carriage ride up to her room at the College, she got a look into her special money drawer, and found her funds now totaled over 8,000! Wow, it's looking like she's gonna eventually be able to afford that house in Solitude after all! She can then declare Skyrim as her home. Finally, a home.

...but she couldn't help herself. The Destruction Trainer at the College has some new-fangled spells written up, one of them Beth just had to have. It's supposed to be some sort of ice storm, which damages a great deal of both health and stamina. "Just under 900 gold you say?" Beth asks the trainer. "Oh, I can spare 900!"

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 3 2012, 02:53 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 3 2012, 04:09 AM
Post #582

Councilor
Group Icon

Denelle “Dragonbait” Jeline the Breton archer mage consented to wear some fur armor after today’s dragon attacks between Winterhold and Markarth. The first one ended in the Winterhold street. She was shooting over a guard’s shoulder when the dragon chomped him up and tossed him aside. One more arrow took out the dragon.

The second attack happened outside Old Hroldan. It was fatal to Denelle (temporarily). Mage armor spells alone are not working for her. She casts healing spells while the dragons circle, but there’s just not enough time to also keep casting the ironflesh and flame atronach spells and still be ready with the bow. I do not enjoy having only two hotkeys.

She got lucky on the do-over. The dragon flew off and took some damage somewhere, because it was bloody when it came back around. She really needs to find some frost resist gear and make some more poisons. Plus our next quest will be to find the Lord stone.

Erik the Slayer missed the Winterhold fight somehow. I think he fell off the bridge. Anyway he made up for it at Old Hroldan. Here is a picture of my TV: Denelle and Erik arrive in Markarth. I’m used to seeing Erik standing next to Jensa. I had no idea he was so large.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 3 2012, 04:31 AM
Post #583

Councilor
Group Icon

Caerellin's been doing more bounty-hunting...All good monies...He's having to replace what seems to have been haemorraging out lately, between the training and buying the leather stuff to artifically ramp his blacksmithing up, he's down to not much money at the mo...Still, he has his Epic Glass armour stuff now, so he'll hopefully take more damage before he splats all over the wall...Again...

He's using the Flame Atronach a damned sight more these days... biggrin.gif ...

Oh, he's Thane of The Pale now, what with having saved Dawnstar from it's stuff...
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 3 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #584

Mouth
Group Icon

Brrr dragons. kvright.gif My PS3 controller would be drenched with sweat! I could never do it!
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 3 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #585

Councilor
Group Icon

He's faced down Giants...He's fought Sabrecats, Bears, Wolves, Spriggans and all manner of creatures...

He's duelled with hammer wielding Orcs, and Orc wielding Deadra Lords...

He's been wanted for murder, and he's smitenedid the ruinous fiends of the land...

Next time, Caerellin, The Bosmer Knight of The Nine faces his ultimate test...

Distributing pamphlets about love in Riften's marketplace...

Dun-Dun-Duhhhhh!!...

Caerellin: Rob?

Rob: Yeah mate?

C: We...Uhhh...We don't have to put this in the story do we?...Y'know...Kinda keep it beween us?...

R: Oh...*Snort*...Oh yeah...Of course...

C: Aww...Thanks...You're a good pal...

R: Oh yeah...*Snort*...

C: Pamphlet?...

R: Nah, I'm good ta...

Oh a separate note...Amifae's character, Ami Durer's pickpocketing has reached 100...She's now celebrating by stripping all of the guards in Whiterun...And Athis...And Aela...

I blame her mother... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Apr 3 2012, 12:57 PM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 3 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #586

Mouth
Group Icon

Ha ha McB....
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 4 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #587

Mouth
Group Icon

Lordas, 12:13PM, 15th of Sun's Dusk

"So this is it, Belrand..... This is the college. .....Not much, eh? I don't know if you've ever been to Cyrodiil, but this compares nothing like the former Mage's Guilds in Cyrodiil. ...........Such splendors those must have been in their days. Now, they're run down, but even in such a state they're more of a splendor than this "College".

"But, the College here in Skyrim is still a good place to study, though", Crystal continues. "To learn the art of spell-wielding! OH!..... Have I told you about my new spell, Belrand? It's an ICE STORM!"

Crystal Beth is giving a tour to her new confidante and companion, Nordic fighter Belrand. Belrand got to meet Arch Mage Savos Aren, and a couple of rather unpleasant members. Some College associates can be pretty rude.

"Now, we've got quite an agenda over these next few days, Belrand, are you ready?"

Belrand says nothing. Only shrugs his shoulders.

"First, we are going to a place I've not been to. Lovely name of Fort Fellhammer. It's near a town called Markath, which I've also not been to..."

Belrand says nothing. Does this guy ever speak?

"I imagine it'll take maybe a day to get to Fellhammer. Another day to take down the bandits residing there...After that we can stay in Markath for awhile. Nice to see somewhere new, eh? ..........Oh, and the orc librarian needs us to go fetch another book. Haven't really consulted my mind to figure out the specifics on that one, though."

"May the Gods watch over your battle, friend" Belrand finally speaks.

"Here. I've got something for you! I've got a present!" says Crystal Beth the elf. "It's something I found awhile back, and I've totally forgotten it was in my wardrobe!"

"Do I get to keep it? Aaaaahahaaa just kidding!"

Beth then gives Belrand her Elven Armor suit, which enchants the user's health 40 points. He looks ridiculous in it, but he doesn't seem to mind. His entire outfit now is this Elven suit, a leather helmet, leather bracers, and leather boots.

....I read on UESP that Belrand has the "Perfect Fit" perk, which gives him +25% bonus if he wears light armor, only. wink.gif

He also has a Shield of Solitude (a prize awarded to Beth from the Jarl herself) which has a magic resistance of 15%, and some sort of extra blocking bonus. This sword is heavy armor, so I'm not sure if he loses his perk by having it but it's so COOL LOOKING! biggrin.gif His weapons are a Dwarven War Axe of Frost (12 damage + 12 pts. of frost damage to Health and Stamina) and cheap wooden bow, his default weapon of choice.

"Lead on then" Belrand says.

As the pair walk outside to a brisk but initially clear morning, beth says..

"Oh no, here it comes. Here comes the snow! It always snows here!"

She misses Solitude at that exact moment.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 4 2012, 12:14 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 5 2012, 02:28 AM
Post #588

Mouth
Group Icon

"So this is what passes for Imperial craftsmanhip? Remind me not to sneeze, I might bring the whole place down!"

Belrand the Nord's comment catches Crystal Beth off-guard. She can't help but giggle.

The two went on a semi-long trek to uproot the bandits at Fort Fellhammer. On the way, they passed yet another fort, this one being Driftshade Refuge. Beth's campaign is rolling along smoothly. These bandts are mostly Thugs, much tougher than your garden-variety road & camp bandits.

Each battle really is a little challenge. Beth tends to cast a fire elemental in the initial stage of each melee. Sometimes she'll also use her new Ice Storm. She then will either throw firebolts or use her brand-new Staff of Sparks to give them 8 points of juice per second. She also has some Illusion spells, like Calm and Fury, but isn't sure if her magic is strong enough against these tougher bandits.

Belrand lost his Axe of Frost, and Beth has given him a Silver Sword in replacement. He also uses his bow, and can cast a somewhat useless Conjure Wolf spell.

"I LOVE A CHALLENGE" Belrand cries as he trades arrows with yet another bandit. "SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!"

As Beth throws the final bolt of fire into the bandits gut, she says "You must really love battle. You say nothing for hours sometimes. But in a fight? You sure get mouthy".

"You'd have to be pretty desperate to make a home in this dank hole" Belrand comments a minute later.

Now it's Beth's turn to not comment, although she doesn't think this place is all that bad. She throws a lever, and prepares for a decent further into this dungeon.

Fredas, 1:23 PM, 21st of Sun's Dusk

Belrand the Nord is dead. sad.gif As Beth and Belrand walked back towards Winterhold, they made a wrong turn somewhere and wound up getting confronted by a group of "soldiers". One of them said something like

"Imperial business. Yea, that's it. This is official Imperial business. We're going to ask you for some money, too, yea."

something about the way the guy was saying this struck Beth as odd.

"100 gold? Are you kidding? Sheesh you can have it if you can take it from us!"

Bad idea. These guys were tough, and it turns out there were several more of them hiding off behind some rocks and ice. Beth survived only by taking a high vantage point above the "soldiers", summoning Flame Atronachs, and occasionally getting a good shot in. Poor Belrand, unfortunately, is gone.

As Beth walks back towards Winterhold now, she is alone. Once again.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 5 2012, 02:46 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 5 2012, 04:43 AM
Post #589

Master
Group Icon

That's so sad for Beth! sad.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 5 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #590

Master
Group Icon

Wet and sweaty and bloody, Kraven had awakened near a stream. The chirping of the birds and the buzzing of insects had pounded on his ears like the louded battle drums. He stretched his arms wide as he yawned. It took moments for his vision to adjust, but eventually the scenery unraveled before his eyes.

Riverwood, was the town he was close to. Realizing it was early morning, the grass wet with dew and the air filled with a foggy vapor, he decided it would be a best decision to run into town while everyone was still slumbering. And so he ran, as fast as he could. His wild long hair waved behind him as he put his strong legs to use.

When he finally reached the town, he crouched down, hoping to sneak past the shaggy dog. The canine sniffed the air, mistaking the Imperial for one of his own. I smell as a wet dog, Kraven realized with a half amused smile on his face. He kept on walking alongside the homes, his back hugging the side-walls as he kept sneaking around. And after two or three minutes, he finally found what he was looking for. Yes, he rejoiced.

He took away the single shirt and pants which sat along a log. He turned around to make a run for it, until he came face to face with a woman holding a basket. She stared at him, mouth wide and gaped open. Alongside her, a boy no more than ten winters old. She screamed, he giggled. She ran, he pointed to Kraven's manhood.

"Naked, naked, naked!"

OOC: Haha, yes! The child and the "naked naked naked." did happen. Apparently, it's not safe to run around in the morning in Riverwood, no matter what time it is. Can't a man run naked in peace?

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 5 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #591

Mouth
Group Icon

ha ha that's awesome!!!! I've had a couple "naked PC" moments with a couple of my characters, too.

QUOTE(King Coin @ Apr 4 2012, 11:43 PM) *

That's so sad for Beth! sad.gif

I know. Beth will be able to continue with her adventuring, but another character of mine (Claire Voyance the Cleric) totally lost her spirit when her partner died.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 5 2012, 02:59 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 5 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #592

Master
Group Icon

I am not going to brown-nose or anything, but I enioy your indian character, Dyami. Maybe because he's indian-esque. laugh.gif

I was always fascinated by native culture.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #593

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 5 2012, 02:55 PM) *

I am not going to brown-nose or anything, but I enioy your indian character, Dyami. Maybe because he's indian-esque. laugh.gif

Same here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 5 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #594

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Apr 5 2012, 02:55 PM) *

LOL..no worries. I need an extended amount of time if I'm gonna be getting into his story and journal. I mean...hours and hours need to be available to me, without interruption. His roleplay is gonna be a bit deeper than that of Crystal Beth and I'm hoping I'll be able to start it up sometime during this weekend.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 7 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #595

Councilor
Group Icon

Pray silence for the memory of the passing of Wulff Olfsson, Bard, Dragonborn and a thousand other curses...

It seems that the curse of the game engine has struck friend Olfsson...

I attempted to get him through the damnedable Civil War quests...Just so he was out of it...Sadly, the next bit is bugged. The fort he's trying to free still thinks it's Bandits not Legion...So the Stormcloak prisoners think they're locked up, but no cells or key...*Shrug*...So he's stuck...The previous save is after the Whiterun thing, and the one before that is before the MQ...

So yes, Wulff Olfsson is now officially screwed over by the game... sad.gif ...

I sad now...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 7 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #596

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh no, not Olfsson!! sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Apr 8 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #597

Agent

Today in Skyrim: Due to -100% mana cost on Destruction and Restoration (blessya, Smithing & Enchanting) I have a tiny breton girl to wage war with no weapons. Lydia is around for giggles, since I've made daedric armor for her too.

On the downside, fire and ice master-level spells for DES are disappointing, but at least Lightning Storm brings a grin to the face. Hello Nikola Tesla!

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Erymry
post Apr 9 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #598

Associate

I love reading all of these recounts. smile.gif It's interesting to see the stories of everyone's characters, and how they play the game. Unfortunately, I don't have much to say about my newest character, but here's what happened in my last session of Skyrim.

Alrya, my Nord spellcaster character was revealed to be the Dragonborn. My other two characters took this kind of well, continuing along with their story as they always would have, except with delicious dragons. Alrya however got extremely nervous about this responsibility. Rather then go to the Greybeards, Alrya wanted to avoid them. She didn't want to linger in Whiterun, where everyone knew about what she was, so she headed off to Winterhold after a rest at the inn. She wanted to go to Winterhold in the first place, so why not now?

On the way, she was waylayed by bandits. She managed to convince them to leave her alone with 50 gold. She wasn't in the mood for a fight, and was still tired from her battle with a dragon.

(I hope none of that counted as a spoiler.)

This post has been edited by Erymry: Apr 9 2012, 12:23 AM
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Apr 9 2012, 01:11 AM
Post #599

Finder
Group Icon

And after fixing a driver problem that made Skyrim unplayable for a while (but only Skyrim, other games went fine, which with the recent patch made me overlook the video driver at first) Verthandi has returned.

from the musings of Verthandi

Oh Mama, could you have guessed this when I left so long ago? I know I couldn't have. Thane of Solitude, with a mansion! I swear by Mara, the bedroom's bigger then our old house. I even have a housecarl, I think I could like her, her name's Jordis the Sword-Maiden. I even got the local blacksmith to teach me some Orisimer forging techniques he knew.

You know though, the north is a lot more different then I thought back when I was a girl. I've seen some beautiful places and some pretty odd ones.

Can't help but wonder what's next.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Apr 9 2012, 05:01 AM
Post #600

Agent

Well, Hides-His-Hand, my Argonian skirmisher, has gone. His file wiped by my curious little niece who sought to save her own Bosmer, Bethany. I started up a new Argonian by the name of Hides-His-Hands (How clever am I?) who, after escaping the assault on Helgen, has fled to Falkreath to hide.

Previous to his capture at the Skyrim Border, Hides worked as the deliverer of illicit items into and out of Skyrim, but now that he has been captured and labeled an enemy to the Empire, he is not sure where his life is going. As of now he is taking all of it day by day in Falkreath, living out of Dead Man's Drink, and making coin as hunter.
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:09 PM