255 Pages V « < 136 137 138 139 140 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
monkeyemoness
post Jul 21 2017, 04:56 AM
Post #2741

Mouth
Group Icon

Listen, MOTHER/EarthBound Beginnings isn't a very good game as far as mechanics go to begin with, but the last section, Mt.Itoi? The aboslute worst.

The main developer even confessed to not having balanced the last section very well. Ugh. More time wasted.

To give you an idea of how awful the situation in the screenshot is, let me explain what each party member's role is:

Ninten is basically the Tank/Buff/Debuff-er. Most HP, highest physical offense and defense, and works well as a backup healer.

Ana is the PSI powerhouse. She can destroy things easily (and is only a few levels away from an insta-kill AoE PSI), and she has the best healing PSI, but she's really fragile, slow and weak.

Both are the only ones capable of removing status ailments and restoring fainted party members. There are no status recovery items save for poison and cold (basically Poison 2.0).

What can Lloyd do? Nothing extraordinary, outside of being able to use gadgets. Not-so-good offense, not-so-good speed, no PSI, mediocre all around. The party's virtually defeated already.
To make matters worse, a temporary party member with no PSI but far more durable, faster and stronger than Ninten was recently booted with the whole "physical strength alone won't defeat evil" moral as you get Lloyd back. That's well and good (and actually true, but spoilers) but brute strength DID get everyone to the plateau whereas a repeat attempt with Lloyd instead ended in failure. Again. Poor Lloyd. It was his time to shine.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 21 2017, 05:01 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jul 21 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #2742

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 21 2017, 12:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 20 2017, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 20 2017, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jul 18 2017, 04:22 PM) *

^ rollinglaugh.gif

I've been having some fun with Monster Hunter Generations, but now that the character who's been lurking in the back of my mind has finally introduced himself, I'll be playing Oblivion tomorrow biggrin.gif

THORNEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mALX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

How's things?

Better now that I'm hearing from you! How have you been? I have missed you and thought about you a lot!!!

Hug_emoticon.gif

Been a bit meh lately, and kind of burnt out a little trying to keep track of politics here in the UK(we're a complete mess right now). I kept meaning send you a pm to see what was up, but something always managed to pop up and divert my attention embarrased.gif

And, just to keep things on topic laugh.gif I've gone back to playing Yu-Gi-Oh! and Xcom: Enemy Within, as Monster Hunter Generations has been a little too hard on my left thumb. And I'm a sucker for turn based strategy games biggrin.gif

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 21 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #2743

Mouth
Group Icon

Played some more Divinity 2 last night. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it is starting to feel like with Divine Divinity where it just pulled me in practically right away. Only 3 hours in but I am really enjoying it. Going to play some more if I get the chance tonight.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jul 21 2017, 06:18 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 21 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #2744

Mouth
Group Icon

Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words and
Sweet Harmony
Raise your voices
All day long now, words grow strong now
Sing a melody of
Love, oh Love

EarthBound Beginnings is a bad game and gets most of the critical attention in a series full of sacred cows, but man, it's a really good experience.

I marathoned the rest of the game once I finally reached Mt.Itoi Plateau again. Basically the place is designed for having 2 powerful temporary party members (both getting injured/destroyed along the way) but JESUS those small sections where you're on your own are brutal. Thematically, it's pretty neat, but in terms of gameplay, well I already said enough.

I wanted to skip straight to Mother 3, but the parts of the game that have actual story made me want to go to EarthBound/Mother 2. So there's that. :V

Love is the Power
Love is the Glory
Love is the beauty and the joy of Spring
Love is the Fountain
Love is the Story
Love is the Melody we all can sing

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 24 2017, 04:59 AM
Post #2745

Master
Group Icon

I've played Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1, I named all my characters after Undertale characters. Anyway I can't play my PS4 due to selling my controller for food money, my laptop won't play Steam games properly and the only gaming unit I have is a Centipede mini Arcade, so guess what I'm going to be playing.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 24 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #2746

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 23 2017, 11:59 PM) *

I've played Earthbound Beginnings/Mother 1, I named all my characters after Undertale characters. Anyway I can't play my PS4 due to selling my controller for food money, my laptop won't play Steam games properly and the only gaming unit I have is a Centipede mini Arcade, so guess what I'm going to be playing.

sad.gif

I'm so sorry about losing your controller, and especially because at the time you had no choice but to sell it = hate that you were put in that position. Hug_emoticon.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Jul 24 2017, 05:19 AM
Post #2747

Knower
Group Icon

Has anyone played Torment: Tides of Numenera yet?

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 24 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #2748

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *

sad.gif

I'm so sorry about losing your controller, and especially because at the time you had no choice but to sell it = hate that you were put in that position. Hug_emoticon.gif

Thanks but I don't mind selling the controller, at least its not the entire console and its much more easier to replace too.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jul 24 2017, 02:19 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 24 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #2749

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 24 2017, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 23 2017, 11:12 PM) *

sad.gif

Thanks but I don't mind selling the controller, at least its not the entire console and its much more easier to replace too.

That's good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 27 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #2750

Master
Group Icon

Now that I have a Vita again time to play some Ys games specially Memories of Celceta and Ys Seven.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jul 28 2017, 05:51 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 28 2017, 04:27 AM
Post #2751

Mouth
Group Icon

HOLY GEEZE I FORGOT PYRE RELEASED THIS WEEK.

2 DAYS AGO IN FACT

GEEZE

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 28 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #2752

Mouth
Group Icon

Played Divinity 2 again last night, and am having a grand old time playing it. It is a lot of fun. I can't put my finger exactly on what made Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 click for me, but Larian did a really good job with those 2 games (barring any sudden decline in quality in Divinity 2; I don't expect such a thing to happen, but I also don't want to get my hopes up).

If I enjoy Divinity 2 enough, at the end I may even consider getting Divinity: Original Sin. The concept of pure turn-based gameplay really doesn't appeal to me (I have had fun with turn-based gameplay in the past, although I vastly prefer real-time), but Larian Studios could quite possibly earn at least a more in-depth look from me into their version of such a game.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jul 28 2017, 02:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 29 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #2753

Mouth
Group Icon

Whoops I lost track of time but I'm having fun with Oregon Trail Basketball Pyre. (Also I posted the wrong link last time whoops)

I've come to expect certain things from Supergiant games and I was caught offguard by the fact that what i thought was the end of the game was actually the halfway point. The plot also seems to be taking a darker turn.

Still I love it and Jen Zee's art style and I want the soundtrack. Though nothing's really hit me as hard as Transistor or Bastion's tracks yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 29 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #2754

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 28 2017, 11:12 PM) *

Oregon Trail Basketball

Oregon Trail Basketball....an interesting game where players die from getting lost in the locker room, thieves stealing their equipment, dying from hunger, broken limbs, Dysentery and Cholera.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 30 2017, 06:46 AM
Post #2755

Master
Group Icon

Playing Doom on the PS4, for some reason this feels like a sequel to Doom 64, cause for:
1: You're a brought back from hell where the Marine in 64 stayed.
2: You see the mother demon in the opening cut scene.
I might be wrong but that's what it feels like.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 30 2017, 07:43 AM
Post #2756

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 29 2017, 03:03 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 28 2017, 11:12 PM) *

Oregon Trail Basketball

Oregon Trail Basketball....an interesting game where players die from getting lost in the locker room, thieves stealing their equipment, dying from hunger, broken limbs, Dysentery and Cholera.

Don't forget snake bites!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 30 2017, 03:20 PM
Post #2757

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 30 2017, 07:46 AM) *

Playing Doom on the PS4, for some reason this feels like a sequel to Doom 64, cause for:
1: You're a brought back from hell where the Marine in 64 stayed.
2: You see the mother demon in the opening cut scene.
I might be wrong but that's what it feels like.

Did you play Doom 3, Reaper? If so what did you think of it?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 30 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #2758

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 30 2017, 09:20 AM) *

Did you play Doom 3, Reaper? If so what did you think of it?

I liked the original release of Doom 3 on the Xbox, it felt more like survival horror FPS then the BFG edition. In Doom 3 ammo was scarce and it really set that eerie atmosphere well where as the BFG edition ammo was plentiful I don't think I ever ran out of BFG or Plasma rifle rounds. As for Doom on the PS4 I'm really enjoying it and I bet on higher difficulty it could get hectic. Still I think Doom on the PS4 is the unsung sequel to Doom 64. I don't know why I'm thinking that but that's just what it feels like story wise.

Here's what I mean.
Doom 64 Ending

Doom PS4 Intro.

There's a part during the cutscene after the player gets his armor there's a flashback and I swear I see the mother demon from Doom 64 init, its brief but its way I think this game's Doom 64 sequel.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jul 30 2017, 07:46 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 31 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #2759

Mouth
Group Icon

So Pyre is probably Supergiant Games' best game yet. I love it, especially since in general it was lighter than the past entries. But as per any other Supergiant game, I have many questions that probably won't be answered.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 31 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #2760

Mouth
Group Icon

I'd play Oregon Trail Basketball.

What I actually played today was some more Divinity 2. Currently in the Maxos Temple. And then just a bit ago I played some Half-Life. Yep, the game finally dragged me back again. Apparently I hadn't played it since April 30th, but I could've sworn I played it more recently.

Anyways, it is a continuation of my hard more playthrough with no manual saves. Straight auto-saves the whole way through. Just got back to Blast Pit. Here's a new experience I had:

So there are some instances in this playthrough where I am trying to save some ammo in case it leads to me running too low on ammo (it is a bit challenging for me to resist killing any enemies in an FPS). There are also some encounters where I am in close quarters with a zombie and thus I just use the alt-fire on the shotgun, although I don't do it every time...but anyways, getting a little off tangent here. So I was running on the platform next to the track for the electric cart right at the beginning of the chapter. There was a bullsquid firing away at me with its spit attack, and I accidentally fell off the track. So I have to run back back to where the cart is because there is a ladder, all while being chased down by the bullsquid. I managed to get away unscathed. Although part of me went "Uh oh," I still laughed out loud.

Goodness, I adore Half-Life. I wish I could have played it around the time it first came out, but I sure am glad I was fortunate enough to play it later on in life. My first playthrough was in 2013 and it is still my favorite FPS, even vying for my favorite game of all-time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 136 137 138 139 140 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:34 AM