214 Pages V « < 66 67 68 69 70 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Acadian
post May 29 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #1341

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, we are hoping to welcome Rader at our next guild meet. No worries on that world boss; we have folks that run the gamut from being able to solo that big crab to needing to stay safely at range. As I've said, we're really low key, mostly social as a guild.

Monkey, your InventoryWritMotif management makes my head spin. Lol. Buffy the sorc does our durable crafting and Buffy the templar does the consumables. That is working out well for us.

Khajiit, congrats to Mira! She looks wonderful in her golden saint armor!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 29 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #1342

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 29 2017, 11:59 AM) *

Yes, we are hoping to welcome Rader at our next guild meet. No worries on that world boss; we have folks that run the gamut from being able to solo that big crab to needing to stay safely at range. As I've said, we're really low key, mostly social as a guild.

Monkey, your InventoryWritMotif management makes my head spin. Lol. Buffy the sorc does our durable crafting and Buffy the templar does the consumables. That is working out well for us.

Khajiit, congrats to Mira! She looks wonderful in her golden saint armor!

Thanks Acadian! Too bad it doesn't really fit Mira's style but Khajiit couldn't resist playing with the colors on it! This one was a little surprised you could make the Golden Saint Armor not golden, lol.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 29 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #1343

Ancient
Group Icon

Spent this morning having Mira get Brenna's "war gear" together. Since Brenna will be focusing on Magicka Khajiit and Mira decided to go with staves, shirt, pants, gloves, and hat in the Seducer set (all barbaric style except for a resto staff which is Breton; frost staff is barbaric style), and epaulettes, boots, and belt in the Death's Wind set (all Barbaric style) for perhaps a little better survivability. All gear was improved to superior and we will probably enchant it all with extra health runes (except for the staves, of course).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 29 2017, 09:28 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 29 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #1344

Paladin
Group Icon

Seducer is an excellent choice for magicka sustain. Buffy the healing templar uses that as one of her sets. As you know, Khajiit and Bosmer are not the 'industry standard' for magic characters so we have to work a bit harder.

I've quit worrying about style/motif choices so much though. With the warden tunic costume, Buffy's finally found what she's been looking for - a fantastic costume for her. Close enough to the functional Skyrim College knee length robes with pants beneath and a utility pouch on the hip. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 30 2017, 02:23 AM
Post #1345

Mouth
Group Icon

Golden Saint armor is pretty neat and it DOESN'T weight exactly as much as a dainty Breton lass is capable of carrying. Let's just say going through the SI expansion in Oblivion was awful with a pure magicka Breton woman.

But I agree with Acadian, the Warden robes look pretty neat. I'm STILL on the fence about preordering but I'd do it just for the robes. idk

On the subject, today I ALMOST got the expansion since it was going for a discount on a certain website, but the site isn't listed on Zenimax's official retailers so I decided not to risk it. This may or may not be my first full price purchase tbh. Not even the base game was bought at full price. (I confess, I only got it because I had a discount coupon that would expire. Glad I bought it though.)

Instead, I got Eolan to check in on the Spirit Wardens and investigate the disappearance of some of Azura's followers. For once he thought it was a good idea to include Hates and Jo, but not like it made the questing any less tedious. There was only one Azura Crystal, you see. In the end they did gain valuable information to be better prepared for whatever vague threat Hates' been warned about since she gave Molag Bal a black eye.

Also Eolan finally got the Grandmaster Harvester achievement and can buy his own crafting harvester decorations now. Yes, I'll eventually do the quest with the rest of the Squad, it's just so. LONG.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 30 2017, 03:26 AM
Post #1346

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 29 2017, 03:36 PM) *

Seducer is an excellent choice for magicka sustain. Buffy the healing templar uses that as one of her sets. As you know, Khajiit and Bosmer are not the 'industry standard' for magic characters so we have to work a bit harder.

I've quit worrying about style/motif choices so much though. With the warden tunic costume, Buffy's finally found what she's been looking for - a fantastic costume for her. Close enough to the functional Skyrim College knee length robes with pants beneath and a utility pouch on the hip. smile.gif

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 29 2017, 08:23 PM) *

Golden Saint armor is pretty neat and it DOESN'T weight exactly as much as a dainty Breton lass is capable of carrying. Let's just say going through the SI expansion in Oblivion was awful with a pure magicka Breton woman.

But I agree with Acadian, the Warden robes look pretty neat. I'm STILL on the fence about preordering but I'd do it just for the robes. idk

On the subject, today I ALMOST got the expansion since it was going for a discount on a certain website, but the site isn't listed on Zenimax's official retailers so I decided not to risk it. This may or may not be my first full price purchase tbh. Not even the base game was bought at full price. (I confess, I only got it because I had a discount coupon that would expire. Glad I bought it though.)

Instead, I got Eolan to check in on the Spirit Wardens and investigate the disappearance of some of Azura's followers. For once he thought it was a good idea to include Hates and Jo, but not like it made the questing any less tedious. There was only one Azura Crystal, you see. In the end they did gain valuable information to be better prepared for whatever vague threat Hates' been warned about since she gave Molag Bal a black eye.

Also Eolan finally got the Grandmaster Harvester achievement and can buy his own crafting harvester decorations now. Yes, I'll eventually do the quest with the rest of the Squad, it's just so. LONG.

Khajiit does like the Warden robes. Unfortunately it doesn't fit the style of any of his current characters (like the Golden Saint armor). Acadian, have you posted a pic of Buffy in the new robe?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 30 2017, 03:28 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 30 2017, 03:33 AM
Post #1347

Paladin
Group Icon

I haven't yet posted a pic of Buffy in her warden robes. She keeps re-dying it on me! I'm sure I will soon though even though it may have its coloring changed as often as Buffy changes her hairstyle. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 30 2017, 03:44 AM
Post #1348

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 29 2017, 09:33 PM) *

I haven't yet posted a pic of Buffy in her warden robes. She keeps re-dying it on me! I'm sure I will soon though even though it may have its coloring changed as often as Buffy changes her hairstyle. tongue.gif

Ugh, Khajiit knows exactly what you mean. We changed the coloring on Mira's armor half a thousand times before deciding on her current color scheme of white, wine, and black. Feng Do on the other hand looked good right away in black, red, and gold. Brenna seems to be fine with a drab white, black, and toupe (except for on her normal clothes, for which she prefers the colors of her namesake bird).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 30 2017, 03:45 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post May 30 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #1349

Councilor
Group Icon

monkey, I love that Ruben is coming into his own. Congrats to Grandmaster Harvester Eolan!

Khajiit, congrats to Mira! And also to Brenna on her new war gear.

Acadian, Darnand feels the same way about the Warden costume for exactly the same reason. That outfit is the mage adventure-wear he has been waiting for. I love that the dye system makes a wardrobe out of one costume!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 31 2017, 09:53 PM
Post #1350

Mouth
Group Icon

It's more of a "Today in Oblivion", but I recently learned while going through the ruin in Oblivion that I know Garlas Agea better from ESO than I do there. Could be that I avoid most ruins in the Gold Coast in Oblivion, but still. It also looks better in ESO. :V

Anyways, I also learned that the Missing Prophecy quest is slightly less tedious when playing with a DPS instead of a Tank, as with most other content. Blegh. Let's see how Hates performs in the new patch. Jo' is still a walking death machine as far as delve mobs go.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 31 2017, 09:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 31 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #1351

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, I love the Gold Coast - it wonderfully captures that beautiful Kvatch - Anvil area that I enjoyed so much in Oblivion.

Buffy is doing very well after the nerfipatchchanges. Whether she puts on her magsorc or magplar outfit that morning she is getting along fine. Magsorc did Craglorn after the patch while Magplar did Wrothgar. No real problems.

Glad to hear that Jo is still doing well also. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 31 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #1352

Mouth
Group Icon

Out of everyone in the Squad, I was right about Hates being the one that was most affected by the patch, since her playstyle is just spamming skills until a thing is dead. I say most affected but really it isn't THAT big a deal.

Regular mobs go down the same as always, even without starting with a sneak attack. In longer fights like bosses she'll need to weave in a few power attacks or she'll find herself out of stamina faster than before, even with food buffs.

'Course, this is your run-of-the-mill overland exploration, but then I don't do a lot of other content when it doesn't offer things like motifs. Let's see if Eolan can still solo a rank I Dungeon now. If I'm right..it'll still take forever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 1 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #1353

Mouth
Group Icon

ESO launcher was being finicky last night so I was not able to jump on that. But a couple days ago I rescued Sai Sahan from the Halls of Torment with Lyris. Think I might just run around in one of the Pact zones to look for some quests before delving further into the Pact or main questlines.

Looking forward to meeting you all in real-time tomorrow!

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jun 1 2017, 04:34 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 2 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #1354

Mouth
Group Icon

And so Jo'zira weaves the fate of Fjotreid Rat-Smasher (working name) into his and his companions' own. Without Hates' permission. Whoops.

Translation: I got Morrowind and I'm starting my Warden right now. Might not get farther than the tutorial, tho.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 2 2017, 12:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 2 2017, 01:58 AM
Post #1355

Mouth
Group Icon

I also got around to starting a warden. After much internal debate regarding the race, personality etc. of my warden, I eventually decided to bring in a familiar character. I didn't adventure with her much over on xbox, but I'm looking forward to exploring Vvardenfell with Trivea Hlecathe.

Anyone who reads my fanfic, or remembers the Xbox ESO days, will know the Triv is supposed to be a vampire. We're working on that, but for now we'll just have to pretend.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 2 2017, 02:14 AM
Post #1356

Paladin
Group Icon

Good progress all around, I'd say!

Trivea looks just like I imagine her from your fanfic, hazmick.

Like Rader, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 2 2017, 02:35 AM
Post #1357

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 1 2017, 07:58 PM) *

I also got around to starting a warden. After much internal debate regarding the race, personality etc. of my warden, I eventually decided to bring in a familiar character. I didn't adventure with her much over on xbox, but I'm looking forward to exploring Vvardenfell with Trivea Hlecathe.

Anyone who reads my fanfic, or remembers the Xbox ESO days, will know the Triv is supposed to be a vampire. We're working on that, but for now we'll just have to pretend.

Ooh! So what is her weapon of choice?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 2 2017, 02:38 AM
Post #1358

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 1 2017, 08:58 PM) *

Sounds like a great dark goddess. Trivia Hecate. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 2 2017, 03:01 AM
Post #1359

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 2 2017, 02:35 AM) *

Dual daggers, with medium armour and a stamina focus on her warden skills.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 2 2017, 02:38 AM) *

Exactly! Before now I've mainly used her as an assassin character (she did the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests back in Oblivion and Skyrim) but now she's going to be much more magical.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 2 2017, 03:08 AM
Post #1360

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 1 2017, 09:01 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 2 2017, 02:35 AM) *

Dual daggers, with medium armour and a stamina focus on her warden skills.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 2 2017, 02:38 AM) *

Exactly! Before now I've mainly used her as an assassin character (she did the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests back in Oblivion and Skyrim) but now she's going to be much more magical.

Sounds good Haz! Is she coming to the meeting tomorrow?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

214 Pages V « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:20 AM