Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
McBadgere
post Mar 29 2012, 06:03 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

This is the spoiler version of the other Today In Skyrim, where we can talk at length, with spoilers permitted, about the quests we have done...'Cause some of us can't keep our mouth shut... laugh.gif ...

J'Zirlo is no longer a Werewolf!!...YAY!!...*Does dance*...

And neither are Farkas or Vilkas...According to the both of them, they never asked for it...So the least I could do is cure them...

So, after the terror of a glitch which meant it wouldn't cure me...Which I reloaded and it worked...I got the two others cured and now we are busy turning the Companions into the Fighters Guild...Yes...*Applauds*...

Haven't talked to Aela yet to see what she thinks of being the only werewolf in town... biggrin.gif ...

Aaaah, Spoilers...I feel so free!!...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 29 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

In the twenty minute go-ette I had this morning...I went to talk to Aela, who promptly sent me off to Winterhold to...Wait for it...Kill a wolf!...No, seriously, kill a wolf...

Aamywho, killed it - having been assured that the wolf would be difficult, because Skyrim beast are no picnic - in two hits... huh.gif ...

Then, because I was right next to the College, I started the Mage-y questline, so as to get J'Zargo...

"Brother? How is it that you do not recognize me?...Have you been afflicted by that disease? Oh, what's it called...Hmmm...Oh yes!...Idiocy?"
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 29 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

From the journal of Hrafngoelir

I joined the Stormcloaks Ma. I think it's what Da would have wanted. I don't know if you would approve or not. But I know it is something I have to do. Skyrim cannot go on serving an Empire that licks the boots of the damned Thalmor. We Nords have to fight for our country, and our gods.

There is a shrine of Talos right across the river from Windhelm. I stopped there to pay my respects to the old man, and think a while. When I was done, I was more sure than ever that what I was doing was not only right, but necessary.

I saw Jarl Ulfric in the palace when I went to join up. He even spoke to me briefly. He remembered me from Helgen, and Ralof. I have to admit that hearing his name made my heart beat a little faster. Would I be seeing him again soon? Only time will tell.

I had to prove myself before they would take me. They sent me to one of the little islands off the Sea of Ghosts. The one where the Serpent Stone is. I had to fight the ice wraiths that live there. I only found one, but that was good enough to satisfy Galmar Stone-Fist. He's Ulfric's right hand man.

When I got back, I took part in a plan of Galmar's to recover the Jagged Crown. Yes, you read that right, The Jagged Crown. The one the High Kings wore in the days of old. He said it was buried with one of the old kings, Harald I think. Not that it matters who anymore, he's just bones now.

We got there, but found the Imperials were there first. We had to fight our way through. They fell easily enough before us. We Stormcloaks fight for our gods, and our freedom. What do the Imperials fight for? Greed? They could not stand against us.

Did I forget to tell you? Ralof was with us! I have to admit, that I wanted to kiss him, and perhaps a little more. But there were other soldiers all around. He said that he remembered me, but did not say much else. I am not sure if it was because of everyone else standing there. Or if there is someone else? Or does he just not see me the way I see him? Oh gods Ma, this is so confusing.

After the Imperials, we had to chop our way through draugr. But they all fell before us. Galmar turned out to be right. The crown was there. He gave it to me to carry back to Windhelm, and deliver personally to Jarl Ulfric. I wish I could have stayed, and maybe found some time alone with Ralof. But I have to admit, carrying the ancient crown of the jarls was a great honor. I tried it on during the journey back, when no one could see. It did not fit though. I suppose that means I was not meant to be a High Queen!

Ulfric was surprised to see the helm. I think he lost a bet with Galmar. But he was glad nontheless. This will help prove that he is the rightful High King, once a Moot can be called to make a vote. We will have to drive the Imperials out before that can happen though, since they would never allow Nords to choose their rulers, not when those rulers stand up against the Thalmor.

Since I was there, Ulfric sent me on another mission right away. He gave me his axe, to deliver to Jarl Balgruuf of Whiterun. He was forcing Balgruuf to choose a side. The sly old snake has been playing off both sides until now, not declaring for one or the other. But no more, now we would see where his heart really lay: with Skyrim, or with the Empire.

I was not surprised when he turned me away, with the axe. I overheard his steward talking about cartloads of Imperial gold delivered to them, and calling for aid from General Tullius. I remember that fetcher. He was there at Helgen, when they tried to lop my noggin off. That Balgruuf would sooner have Tullius' gold then Skyrim honor was what I expected after what he said the first time I met him, that it was none of his business who the Imperials chose to execute. He doesn't give a damn about Skyrim, just his treasure chest.

As I left the city, I had a strange feeling. Everything seemed so quiet and peaceful, as people went about their business as if it were any other day. They did not hear the ravens croaking their doom. For I knew I would be returning soon, with the Stormcloak army. It makes me sad that the common people will have to suffer because of their Jarl's greed and selfishness. But if they fight for him, and his filthy Empire, then they have chosen their wyrd.

-Hrafn, on the road to Windhelm.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 30 2012, 12:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 30 2012, 03:44 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m giggling at Aela sending J’Zirlo off to kill a wolf. Was he wearing wolf armor when he did it? tongue.gif

So Hrafn is off to war, again. I liked her musing over the last quiet day in Whiterun. It always makes Jensa a little sad to return there.

Jensa’s report contains Main Quest spoilers, and here’s a spoilerish picture. Wheee! biggrin.gif

I’ve talked to a dragon, and we’re both still alive. Stenvar too. Here’s what happened.

Paarthurnax, or at least that’s as close as I can come to writing his name. Our letters just can’t do it justice. Our words can’t convey all that a dragon is. What I know was already in my blood and bones. He just woke it up.

That sounds like mage talk. I’ll try to make some better sense.

First I’ll say that we’re camped in a troll hollow partway down the mountain from High Hrothgar. It doesn’t smell great under here, but now that we’ve gotten our armor off we don’t smell great either. It’s high enough to stay dry in this freezing rain, and no trees will fall on us if the ice gets thick enough to make them tip over. Plus the only things fool enough to come around a troll hollow are the ones that killed the troll. So we can sleep tonight.

We got warmed up and ate dried horker meat and apples for our meal. It took longer to write it than it did to eat it. Though I’ll be picking horker strings out of my teeth for days. So now I’ll get to what’s been bothering me.

Up at the Throat of the World, that dragon gave me another word for fire. He taught me to understand it the way a dovah does, as my will and my right. It didn’t change me, because what I felt must have already been there. That’s what scared me. For a moment I knew what it was to have mortals kneeling at my feet, offering the worship that I deserve. I knew what it was to hold so many lives hostage to my whim. When the feeling faded with my fire, I felt a loss.

Stenvar waited until we were stretched out on the furs before he brought up the subject. That man has a real sense of timing. He sure had my attention.

“Paarthurnax greeted you as kin,” Stenvar said to me.

“Yeah,” I said back, but it was more like a gasp.

“You’re still the same you that you were this morning.” Then he smiled and whispered Jensa, and the world was only me and him.

He’s asleep now. I’ve sat up long enough to write and think a while. I’m not afraid of what I am any more. I remember all I need to know when I look at that battered old face.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 30 2012, 03:59 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Brilliant, both of you...Just brilliant...

As a wise man once said,

When I grow up, I want to be able to write like you...

We got warmed up and ate dried horker meat and apples for our meal. It took longer to write it than it did to eat it.

That made I laugh... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 30 2012, 04:00 AM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 30 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Having activated a trap by removing an amulet from a door in the dark fastness of Saarthal...Or is it Sarthaal?...Aaamywho...J'Zirlo has just blown a door out with his firey magics and is about to amble through it with the venerable Tolfdir...

"Are you sure it is safe elder Tolfdir?"

"Heh...That's the good thing about Elders, my young Khajiit, we've found the many ways to not be killed yet...Let us see...This way!..."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

It looks like Hrafn's tale has come to a premature end. She completed the Message to Whiterun quest with no problems. But the game will not start the Battle for Whiterun quest. Even when I try forcing it with the console.

I do not know if this is because of my main quest disabler or not, since I left all the civil war hooks active. Unless there is something after Dragon Rising that the civil war requires? My man quest stops permanently there.

I have been thinking of a new character for a while. A pure mage/witch who will be heavily into animal summoning. It looks like I will be creating her sooner then expected. I will just have to think of a name and race. Maybe a Breton, then she could run around in that silly Forsworn outfit. Or maybe a Redguard. I could try to make a Native American-looking character like Lady Saga did with Dyami.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 31 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

*Wholeheartedly encourages the running around in the silly Forsworn outfit...*... biggrin.gif ...

*Although admits he probably doesn't have the knees for it really... tongue.gif ...*...

EDIT: There's that bit where the Dovakhin has to broker a peace deal between the Empire and Stormcloaks. The bit where Bethesda shows it has no idea of how things really work™? Idiots... dry.gif ...You probably thought of that though...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 31 2012, 06:00 AM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 31 2012, 04:54 AM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

That stinks about Hrafn's game ending. I like the idea of the animal summoner very much, though. smile.gif

Denelle the adorable Breton archer mage fought her first blood dragon today, just with her bow and completely by herself. She also had to kill a wolf during the battle. She was able to get the job done only because the dragon kept landing and walking forward trying to bite her. Thankfully she is kind of an overachiever in the alchemy department, because she used up almost all of her arrows and poisons killing it. It was very, very fun. I’m playing on a big TV and the subwoofer can make the house move, so a blood dragon in your face has quite a lot of impact.

She was all alone on the road because Erik the Slayer was off in parts unknown. He may have been delayed along the river by his need to seek out and destroy every mudcrab in Skyrim. He ambled up while she was standing over the skeletal head, noticing how the lavender flowers poked up around the bones. It was a very Denelle moment.

Later she accidentally took on some Forsworn also by herself. She wears no armor and the Ironflesh spell doesn’t last long enough to spit, so it was pretty tense when they got close enough to smack her. Frost spells saved the day. Then Erik showed up in time to remark how the Forsworn live like savages. Denelle was very glad he did not catch her trying on the Forsworn “armor.”

She was also told today by a hulking stranger that she looks dangerous. That was pretty funny. She looks like the babysitter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 31 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif ...Looks like a babysitter!...Love it...She sounds cool...

J'Zirlo went deeper into Sarthaal. Thereupon he was received a vistation by a creepy Altmer that only he could see, and was then told he had to save the world from whatever foolery was on its way...

"You will be judged on your actions little mage. The Psijic Order have been watching you for sometime..We have faith in your power."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"Rrreally?"

"Um...Yes."

"I fear you confuse Khajiit with his foolish brother's delusions of grandeur."

"And yet I'm in your head. Don't make me come over there and hurt you. Having your head explode will put a hell of a dent in your day. Go save the world Khajiit. We will talk again."

*Sigh*...

"I heard that."

Tolfdir, who hadn't seen or heard anything except J'Zirlo's talking to himself...Got into a fight with a goodly few Dragur...And then eventually found a glowing orb which made J'Zirlo's teeth itch...

"Ahh, the mighty Dragur Lord with the silly name...Come, throw your frosty-spikes at J'Zirlo, whilst I smack your head with my shield repeatedly...Like this...And this...And this..."...*Stab*..."Oh dear, you are now dead...Again..."

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Mar 31 2012, 03:34 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 30 2012, 10:25 PM) *

EDIT: There's that bit where the Dovakhin has to broker a peace deal between the Empire and Stormcloaks. The bit where Bethesda shows it has no idea of how things really work™? Idiots... dry.gif ...You probably thought of that though...

I don't think that is it. I used the console, which has some very helpful tools to see what is going on with the quests. It is actually finishing all the stages of the Message To Whiterun quest. I did so with the console, which is supposed to kick off the Attack on Whiterun quest. It does start it, but here is where Bethesda's idiocy really takes charge.

The Attack on Whiterun quest is really 4 separate quests, and jammed together into one: It is the Defense of Whiterun if you are an Imperial, the Attack on Windhelm if you are an Imperial, The Attack on Whiterun if you are a Stormcloak, and the Attack on Solitude if you are a Stormcloak. Make sense? Of course not.

It is a radiant quest, and the game is supposed to assign the objectives and questgivers automagically. Only it is not doing any of that. It sits on stage one, which is supposed to start the Stormcloak attack on Whiterun. But it does not assign Galmar as the quest giver (as it should), or anything else. I cannot manually advance it through the stages with the console, because it creates the stages dynamically, and it is not doing it. So the game just tells me that the stages do not exist.

So I tried another trick, and tried manually completing the quest. That worked, and kicked off the Liberation of Skyrim quests. Only the same problem happens here. This is also a radiant quest, and the game will not create the radiant objectives. It tells me to talk to Ulfric, but he has nothing to say to me. I cannot advance the quest manually, because there are no stages yet.

So basically, the game took a massive poop on Hrafn and I. I don't know if this has anything to do with my main quest disabler or not. But I doubt it. I guess the only way to find out would be to do the main quest and the civil war with another character and see what happens. I suppose I could disable the random dragons, that would make it a little more palatable...

In any case, I created that witch character. Since I thought Dyami was so neat, I followed Lady Saga's lead and created a Native American Redguard.

Meet Kachina

Ralof was a little disappointed when she picked the Mage Stone

Here she is with her first summoning

Funny thing, when the first walked into Riverwood, Faendal was laying dead in the street. Thankfully the Resurrect command was able to fix that though. He might make a good companion for Kachina.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 31 2012, 08:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 2 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Cured Farkas and Vilkas of their Lycanthropy. Few ingame weeks later, I was hunting in the pine forest. I stalked a group of hunters camping out, wolfed out under a full moon, and ran around.

Who do I see running to attack me? Farkas! And his friends!

Seriously bro, we share the same blood! Ergh, shared.
blink.gif

Anyways, I finally bought the honeyside home. Awesome place.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Apr 2 2012, 11:40 PM

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 3 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 29 2012, 03:28 PM) *

..... But I have to admit, carrying the ancient crown of the jarls was a great honor. I tried it on during the journey back, when no one could see. It did not fit though. I suppose that means I was not meant to be a High Queen!

Ahhhhh.....

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 30 2012, 08:51 PM) *

I do not know if this is because of my main quest disabler or not, since I left all the civil war hooks active. Unless there is something after Dragon Rising that the civil war requires? My man quest stops permanently there.

See, that's hardcore! Claire Voyance's game also came to a stop, which is why I never talk about her anymore. Her partner Breilyna died. Claire and Brelyna shared so much, did so many things together, when Brel died, Claire had no idea what to do next, she is of course, very sad. So her game is on hold. She'll probably wind up going back to Cyrodiil (thru Pale Pass) or retiring. I don't know yet.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 31 2012, 03:25 PM) *

Sweet! I woulda voted for the witch, but it'll be interesting to see what we both can do with native americans. This sort of Earth racial type totally fits with the roleplay of Skyrim, know what I mean? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 3 2012, 03:41 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 5 2012, 02:19 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Today I went from a level 23 to a level 73. Thank you Ogma Infinium!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 5 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Today I got to watch The Boy start a new character. I saw some things I hadn’t seen before.

One, The Boy can hit a flying dragon with every arrow. I cannot express how much this annoys me. And he gave his Bosmer a long, thick beard and a helmet. I said, “But with a helmet on, how can you see his—” And The Boy cut me off by pausing the game while he laughed at me.

Second, I saw Mirmulnir use a Fire Ball Shout. I’ve seen plenty of Fire Breath, but never a Fire BALL. He did it twice!!

Also, and this I could have done without, I witnessed my first teabag the dragon skull ritual. D’oh!

Then we had lunch, and it was my turn to play. Now 1.05 is loading!! Woo hoo!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 5 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

1.05?...This a new update?...PC or PS3?...

*Is wondering what's on this one...*...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 5 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Patch/update came today on the PS3. I’ve seen new finishing moves for archery and unarmed so far, plus I’ve seen my game freeze every time the new J’Shanji jumps into the water. Nooo!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 5 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 5 2012, 01:21 PM) *

One, The Boy can hit a flying dragon with every arrow. I cannot express how much this annoys me.

*grumble*

I saw one of the archery finishing moves too. It was unexpected... I gotta have Aravi take down more people unarmed though.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 6 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 5 2012, 10:03 PM) *

Patch/update came today on the PS3. I’ve seen new finishing moves for archery and unarmed so far, plus I’ve seen my game freeze every time the new J’Shanji jumps into the water. Nooo!

Likewise. But it can be fixed if you delete the patch and the Game Data Utility and reinstall the patches. I loaded and jumped in the water and everything was fine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 6 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh good, I’ll do that as soon as I get the game back from The Boy and the downstairs back from everyone else. (They’re watching TV.)

The new unarmed finishers are the reason for J’Shanji’s 100 hour restart. Also he had reached level 39 and had way too much stuff. Now we can have the fun all over again. Anyway, here’s J’Shanji Version 3. I gave him tiger stripes this time, and went back to the big ears. Here’s Version 2 for comparison.

J'Shanji has a little more attitude and a lot fewer concerns this time around. He picked up Faendal immediately. He really missed that elf. I made him help Sven in his second life so that it wouldn’t be a repeat of his DiD game. Also he’s in heavy armor, which he wouldn’t touch before. Going for the heavy hands, I guess. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:18 AM