> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Jul 18 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #1701

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 18 2017, 01:00 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 17 2017, 11:54 PM) *

Khajiit responded in the thread. Beautiful work! Especially loved the colored panels!!!

Same here! Those drawings are amazing !!!!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 17 2017, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 17 2017, 08:08 PM) *

I got a baby Netch pet; a nix hound pet; a Dwemer monacle; a costume of some sort (Hunt?) - (Haven't tried it on yet) - a bunch of junky Crown stuff (potions, scrolls, poisons, and mimic stones) - I am pretty sure that is it. = no mount. verysad.gif But I might love the baby Netch!

Well hopefully you'll like the costume and baby netch!

How does crown gems work? Like how do you get them?

I think you have to open up the Crown Crate screen with the Khajiit, and at the bottom of the page is an option to sell back some items you didn't like for Crown Gems. Click on that and it opens up a list of everything you can trade for Crown Gems. But like for 100 poisons, they were only going to give me 4 gems! And the darn things are bound to my account, so what else can I do with them?

You can also get them automatically if the item is a collections item and you already have it. Example: I had a Nix Hound pet already, so when they gave me another (duplicate collectible) it automatically gives you Crown Gems instead (5) since you can only have one of each collectible per account.

(too bad they didn't give us those for those darn Jester Banners!)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #1702

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 18 2017, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 18 2017, 01:00 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 17 2017, 11:54 PM) *

Khajiit responded in the thread. Beautiful work! Especially loved the colored panels!!!

Same here! Those drawings are amazing !!!!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 17 2017, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 17 2017, 08:08 PM) *

I got a baby Netch pet; a nix hound pet; a Dwemer monacle; a costume of some sort (Hunt?) - (Haven't tried it on yet) - a bunch of junky Crown stuff (potions, scrolls, poisons, and mimic stones) - I am pretty sure that is it. = no mount. verysad.gif But I might love the baby Netch!

Well hopefully you'll like the costume and baby netch!

How does crown gems work? Like how do you get them?

I think you have to open up the Crown Crate screen with the Khajiit, and at the bottom of the page is an option to sell back some items you didn't like for Crown Gems. Click on that and it opens up a list of everything you can trade for Crown Gems. But like for 100 poisons, they were only going to give me 4 gems! And the darn things are bound to my account, so what else can I do with them?

You can also get them automatically if the item is a collections item and you already have it. Example: I had a Nix Hound pet already, so when they gave me another (duplicate collectible) it automatically gives you Crown Gems instead (5) since you can only have one of each collectible per account.

(too bad they didn't give us those for those darn Jester Banners!)

Thanks for the info. Khajiit was making some new "bank" characters and one of them figured out that you had to go to the crown crate interface (with Pacrooti!). We now have 19 gems laugh.gif

Today two new characters joined our crew on a more permanent basis to handle excess stuff; a female Dunmer Nightblade named Lynora Verenim (a reworked version of the lady Khajiit introduced a while back when he was modeling the Hands of Alma uni), and a male Nord Templar named Grimnir Bloodwulf.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 18 2017, 07:37 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #1703

Ancient
Group Icon

So it has come time to upgrade Mira's gear. She is at CP40 now and as most of her armor was at like lvl46, it's long overdue. Now Khajiit is trying to decide which set(s) to make her new gear in. She needs something that's going to help her with her health in combat as she dies fairly easily against big bosses and big groups of mobs. Any suggestions on sets that would be good for this?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 18 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #1704

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 18 2017, 05:34 PM) *

So it has come time to upgrade Mira's gear. She is at CP40 now and as most of her armor was at like lvl46, it's long overdue. Now Khajiit is trying to decide which set(s) to make her new gear in. She needs something that's going to help her with her health in combat as she dies fairly easily against big bosses and big groups of mobs. Any suggestions on sets that would be good for this?

Oh yeah, for the next levels all the way up to CP160 you will have to change gear every 10 levels or so if at all possible. This is the hardest spot for the first character, because all the following characters will jump from 50-CP160 with no in-between levels.

For protection in these higher level fights, Misa always wore 5 pieces of "Song of Lamae" because she could upgrade it herself every 10 levels and it is hugely defensive. (Britta wears it to Tank in!)

For the other 5 pieces she wore something that gave her a higher DPS. It is hard to get a good drop set every 10 levels, so instead of being able to take advantage of the jewelry slots being part of the set (such as with Vipers Sting, Red Mountain, Thunderbug, etc) - she had to just use whatever jewelry set she could get her hands on and up till level CP160 make the other set pieces something like Hunding's Rage or Gladiator. (etc). That gives you a good balance of DPS and protection during this hard to cover stage of her leveling.

Don't make legendary any armor during this stage because you will be going through it way too fast for that kind of an expense, but you might want to do gold level enchantments on your weapons despite them needing changed so often. (if you need any enchantments done for you, I can do any level).

This is just how Misa did it, (Nightblade) - I did something completely different with Britta because she was training to be a Tank (Dragon Knight) - though she still used the Song of Lamae as her defense the whole time. But for expert advice = Hazmick could probably give you better advice than me, and if you prefer light armor I'd say Acadian would be a good advisor. (and he has just been through this period with Buffy!)

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 18 2017, 11:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 18 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #1705

Paladin
Group Icon

MALX's advice is good. I recommend you run a 5 piece crafted set and upgrade it every 10 levels until CP160. For all your other slots, I really would go with random dropped stuff for the rest of your slots and upgrade it as you find it. I would definitely include your weaponry within your 5 crafted items.

Based on what you say Mira needs, I recommend you consider Death's Wind. Only takes 2 traits to make, easy access to the crafting sites and has very defensive bonuses:

2 items: Adds 30-2640 Physical Resistance
3 items: Adds 12-1064 Maximum Health
4 items: Adds 12-1064 Maximum Health
5 items: When you take melee damage while you are under 35% Health, you knockback and stun all enemies within 8 meters of you for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds.

Crafting sites for it are here:
Aldmeri Dominion - Eastshore Islets Camp in Auridon
Daggerfall Covenant - Chill House in Glenumbra
Ebonheart Pact - Armature's Upheaval in Stonefalls

Don't forget to carefully select your traits/enchantments for your crafted gear and you will probably want to upgrade it only to blue quality (maybe purple for your weapons if you have the tempers) since you will be changing it out fairly rapidly.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 18 2017, 11:25 PM
Post #1706

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 18 2017, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 18 2017, 05:34 PM) *

Oh yeah, for the next levels all the way up to CP160 you will have to change gear every 10 levels or so if at all possible. This is the hardest spot for the first character, because all the following characters will jump from 50-CP160 with no in-between levels.

For protection in these higher level fights, Misa always wore 5 pieces of "Song of Lamae" because she could upgrade it herself every 10 levels and it is hugely defensive. (Britta wears it to Tank in!)

For the other 5 pieces she wore something that gave her a higher DPS. It is hard to get a good drop set every 10 levels, so instead of being able to take advantage of the jewelry slots being part of the set (such as with Vipers Sting, Red Mountain, Thunderbug, etc) - she had to just use whatever jewelry set she could get her hands on and up till level CP160 make the other set pieces something like Hunding's Rage or Gladiator. (etc). That gives you a good balance of DPS and protection during this hard to cover stage of her leveling.

Don't make legendary any armor during this stage because you will be going through it way too fast for that kind of an expense, but you might want to do gold level enchantments on your weapons despite them needing changed so often. (if you need any enchantments done for you, I can do any level).

This is just how Misa did it, (Nightblade) - I did something completely different with Britta because she was training to be a Tank (Dragon Knight) - though she still used the Song of Lamae as her defense the whole time. But for expert advice = Hazmick could probably give you better advice than me, and if you prefer light armor I'd say Acadian would be a good advisor. (and he has just been through this period with Buffy!)

Thanks mALX. Khajiit was remembering how when Feng got started you had made him a set of gear with the SoL and Glad. sets. Might give those a try.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 19 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #1707

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 18 2017, 05:13 PM) *

MALX's advice is good. I recommend you run a 5 piece crafted set and upgrade it every 10 levels until CP160. For all your other slots, I really would go with random dropped stuff for the rest of your slots and upgrade it as you find it. I would definitely include your weaponry within your 5 crafted items.

Based on what you say Mira needs, I recommend you consider Death's Wind. Only takes 2 traits to make, easy access to the crafting sites and has very defensive bonuses:

2 items: Adds 30-2640 Physical Resistance
3 items: Adds 12-1064 Maximum Health
4 items: Adds 12-1064 Maximum Health
5 items: When you take melee damage while you are under 35% Health, you knockback and stun all enemies within 8 meters of you for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds.

Crafting sites for it are here:
Aldmeri Dominion - Eastshore Islets Camp in Auridon
Daggerfall Covenant - Chill House in Glenumbra
Ebonheart Pact - Armature's Upheaval in Stonefalls

Don't forget to carefully select your traits/enchantments for your crafted gear and you will probably want to upgrade it only to blue quality (maybe purple for your weapons if you have the tempers) since you will be changing it out fairly rapidly.

Khajiit is actually very familiar with Death's Wind. Mira was using this for her pre champ level stuff. This one will consider your words when making a decision!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 19 2017, 04:18 AM
Post #1708

Mouth
Group Icon

So I've been testing out the tweaked daily crafting writs in the PTS and discovered that if you regularly do these writs, then it's best to make sure you have a healthy supply of Mudcrab Chitin and Imp Stool for when the update comes. Nirnroot is still being used for one set, and I can't remember but I think actual poisons+water replaced the Ravage Health set. (Keep in mind this is for a maxed out Alchemy skill) Provisioning remains unchanged, much to my frustration. (Seriously, having 12 slots taken up is bad enough)

On the subject of writs, I still have faith that I'll gather enough vouchers to get at the plans before they're gone (I'm nearly 1/3 of the way there!), but I wish I had more time to build up materials before I had to start using them up again. I started throwing everything onto a mule so I could have some materials backed up for when I need to craft a new set. As always, it's the damn Rubedite that's giving me trouble.

Sure, I could just buy a few stacks since they're cheap (especially compared to Ancestor Silk, which I'm having a less pronounced problem wtih) but still. Rather not lose any money over that. Survey drops have been kind these past 2 days, at least. I expect these ~500 ingots gone by tomorrow. :V

Maybe I should swallow my pride and buy the materials with the extra gold I'm making. Less of a headache that way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 19 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #1709

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 18 2017, 10:18 PM) *

So I've been testing out the tweaked daily crafting writs in the PTS and discovered that if you regularly do these writs, then it's best to make sure you have a healthy supply of Mudcrab Chitin and Imp Stool for when the update comes. Nirnroot is still being used for one set, and I can't remember but I think actual poisons+water replaced the Ravage Health set. (Keep in mind this is for a maxed out Alchemy skill) Provisioning remains unchanged, much to my frustration. (Seriously, having 12 slots taken up is bad enough)

On the subject of writs, I still have faith that I'll gather enough vouchers to get at the plans before they're gone (I'm nearly 1/3 of the way there!), but I wish I had more time to build up materials before I had to start using them up again. I started throwing everything onto a mule so I could have some materials backed up for when I need to craft a new set. As always, it's the damn Rubedite that's giving me trouble.

Sure, I could just buy a few stacks since they're cheap (especially compared to Ancestor Silk, which I'm having a less pronounced problem wtih) but still. Rather not lose any money over that. Survey drops have been kind these past 2 days, at least. I expect these ~500 ingots gone by tomorrow. :V

Maybe I should swallow my pride and buy the materials with the extra gold I'm making. Less of a headache that way.

Khajiit has often found that buying the mats in bulk was the easiest solution to a mat shortage. This one would just go with that... if you have the excess gold.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 19 2017, 04:35 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 19 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #1710

Ancient
Group Icon

So Khajiit and Mira decided to go with 5 pieces of Death's Wind and 2 pieces of Song of Lamae. She is also wearing 3 pieces of Hide of Morihaus (cuirass, shield, ring). She did the Looming Shadows Kvatch daily and died only once while fighting the giant Minotaur, as compared to the other day when she died like 5-6 times.

Mira in new armor.

With tabbard.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 19 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #1711

Paladin
Group Icon

Mira looks great in her armor! Well, except for the helm covering her pretty face. Love our tabard! Woot!

Buffy is still smarting just a bit over her failure to keep everyone alive when our guild took on that Frost Atronach World Boss in Bangkorai. Though she can solo a modest number of WBs, she went back to try this guy solo and discovered why there were some deaths – she could not come close to soloing him.

Well, today she was wearing her sorceress aura which, while not as flexible and adaptable as her templar semblance, is notably better equipped to solo WBs. She was in Bangkorai for an Undaunted delve and after she finished went to the nearest wayshrine to port home to Elden Root. When the wayshrine first came up and she saw that Frost Atronach’s camp on the map she thought, ‘Why not?’

Nervous but vengeful, she made her way to Mr Icy Pants. No other players around – that is a good thing for her as they disrupt Spike the clannfear’s tanking. So she sent Spike in to grab aggro and kicked off the fight. In this kind of fight, she spends a good third of her effort ensuring Spike is shielded and healed but that leaves the majority of her focus and magicka for dps vs a target that stays put – and pour it on she did. Spike did a magnificent job of holding the beast by his frozen knees while Drusilla the winged matriarch provided potent burst heals for Spike whenever Buffy asked. It was glorious, elegant and smooth. Enough so that Buffy and I both noticed and commented on how beautiful the epic combat music was going on in the background.

As Mr Icy Pants got down to about 15% health, a couple other players showed up and joined in. That actually made things harder as it causes the boss to shift aggro from Spike and go ‘rogue’ after any and all random players (if there is no other actual taunting tank). So that caused Buffy to gun and run quite a bit – which she is fairly good at. The good news is that she no longer had to worry about healing Spike since he was no longer drawing aggro. Though a bit of excitement at the end, the boss went down no problem.

I’m going to call it a solo win for Buffy because she got the boss down to 15% and the fight only got harder once a couple other players showed up.

So Buffy feels like she satisfactorily avenged both herself and her guild for the embarrassment that boss caused us all a few months ago. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 19 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #1712

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 19 2017, 12:13 PM) *

Mira looks great in her armor! Well, except for the helm covering her pretty face. Love our tabard! Woot!

Buffy is still smarting just a bit over her failure to keep everyone alive when our guild took on that Frost Atronach World Boss in Bangkorai. Though she can solo a modest number of WBs, she went back to try this guy solo and discovered why there were some deaths – she could not come close to soloing him.

Well, today she was wearing her sorceress aura which, while not as flexible and adaptable as her templar semblance, is notably better equipped to solo WBs. She was in Bangkorai for an Undaunted delve and after she finished went to the nearest wayshrine to port home to Elden Root. When the wayshrine first came up and she saw that Frost Atronach’s camp on the map she thought, ‘Why not?’

Nervous but vengeful, she made her way to Mr Icy Pants. No other players around – that is a good thing for her as they disrupt Spike the clannfear’s tanking. So she sent Spike in to grab aggro and kicked off the fight. In this kind of fight, she spends a good third of her effort ensuring Spike is shielded and healed but that leaves the majority of her focus and magicka for dps vs a target that stays put – and pour it on she did. Spike did a magnificent job of holding the beast by his frozen knees while Drusilla the winged matriarch provided potent burst heals for Spike whenever Buffy asked. It was glorious, elegant and smooth. Enough so that Buffy and I both noticed and commented on how beautiful the epic combat music was going on in the background.

As Mr Icy Pants got down to about 15% health, a couple other players showed up and joined in. That actually made things harder as it causes the boss to shift aggro from Spike and go ‘rogue’ after any and all random players (if there is no other actual taunting tank). So that caused Buffy to gun and run quite a bit – which she is fairly good at. The good news is that she no longer had to worry about healing Spike since he was no longer drawing aggro. Though a bit of excitement at the end, the boss went down no problem.

I’m going to call it a solo win for Buffy because she got the boss down to 15% and the fight only got harder once a couple other players showed up.

So Buffy feels like she satisfactorily avenged both herself and her guild for the embarrassment that boss caused us all a few months ago. tongue.gif

Khajiit is sad Buffy still feels like she let us down during that fight, but he is glad she got some measure of satisfaction from this latest battle!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 19 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #1713

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 19 2017, 01:04 PM) *

So Khajiit and Mira decided to go with 5 pieces of Death's Wind and 2 pieces of Song of Lamae. She is also wearing 3 pieces of Hide of Morihaus (cuirass, shield, ring). She did the Looming Shadows Kvatch daily and died only once while fighting the giant Minotaur, as compared to the other day when she died like 5-6 times.

Mira in new armor.

With tabbard.

Awesome!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 19 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #1714

Ancient
Group Icon

Since One Tamriel I haven't been able to solo any WB's period!

*Misa and Britta are green with jealousy...*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 19 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #1715

Paladin
Group Icon

Well Buffy the sorc can be impressive but only if the conditions are right. She later went after another WB called Rageclaws in Eastmarch that she had never seen before. A single big werewolf. Fight was going perfectly until she got him over halfway down. Then he spawned two additional ww helpers who ignored Spike and focused on Buffy. Such an unexpected and frightening change in the fight panicked her and she did not respond well. She got flustered, killed and ran away. Oh well. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 20 2017, 02:34 AM
Post #1716

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 19 2017, 05:11 PM) *

Well Buffy the sorc can be impressive but only if the conditions are right. She later went after another WB called Rageclaws in Eastmarch that she had never seen before. A single big werewolf. Fight was going perfectly until she got him over halfway down. Then he spawned two additional ww helpers who ignored Spike and focused on Buffy. Such an unexpected and frightening change in the fight panicked her and she did not respond well. She got flustered, killed and ran away. Oh well. tongue.gif

Khajiit is impressed by Buffy everytime we go into battle! She is a key member of the team!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 20 2017, 03:50 AM
Post #1717

Paladin
Group Icon

Aww, thanks! She flusters easily but tries very hard. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 20 2017, 04:51 AM
Post #1718

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 19 2017, 09:50 PM) *

Aww, thanks! She flusters easily but tries very hard. biggrin.gif

De nada, we have a really good group in the Chorrolites, and Khajiit appreciates each one of you!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 20 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #1719

Ancient
Group Icon

Yay! Mira earned Order of the Hour helmets! These look sooo much better in Khajiit's opinion than the standard Imperial helmets.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 20 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #1720

Mouth
Group Icon

Agreed. Order of the Hour stuff is so decorative and detailed, but still has that Imperial feel to it.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:29 AM