Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And now for something completely different!, A Second Chance, in the shape of a "Let's play" thread.
Read below
Name the race
Altmer [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Argonian [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Bosmer [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Breton [ 3 ] ** [17.65%]
Dunmer [ 4 ] ** [23.53%]
Imperial [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Khajiit [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Nord [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Orc [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Redguard [ 1 ] ** [5.88%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
jack cloudy
post May 27 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Let the hoarding begin! Once you get passed that bell, that is. (Hey, it's only polite to ring before entering. Or ringing twice, or thrice, or....) Heh, at first I actually thought I was going to be kicked out if I didn't ring the bell first. tongue.gif

Note intended for those who want to know more about Midas:
Rane gave a good enough description of how to use the mod. Put in stuff, push button/fire spell, take out the spoils. So I'll just talk some about what the spells do.

Midas spells can be lodged into several categories. You have the offensive ones, which range from relatively tame bouncing versions of the main elements to huge explosion of holy might (usable once a day, outdoors only). Also, Chain lightning has spent quite some time as my primary spell. While the whole bouncing effect is somewhat unreliable, it really is awesome when you get it going back and forth six times between two....experiment subjects.

Then there are a selection of different kind of shields (For example, an anti-arrow bubble) which I haven't aquired yet.

Next up, the summons. You can summon a chest to hold all your loot, as already shown. (Only possible when no-one is whacking your brains in.) But you can also summon new forms of transport and a bunch of golems. And for you Morrowind lovers, mark/recall are back as well, though slightly different.

Finally, the mod also comes with a bunch of quests, just in case you get bored with dropping gold nuggets and other junk in the black sphere of doom.

That said, Midas spells are really a love it or hate it thing. It's got some invaluable ones (chest and fricking fast transports), but the spells have these gimmicks which can hinder their usefullness at times.

Now I'm pretty sure that the dialogue option at the end of the update is from that mod again. Maybe it's one of those join the Mythic Dawn things. Anyway, that makes me wonder...if you lie to Jaufre, then wouldn't he try to kill you? At this point in the questline he's still immortal (although the lie could remove it) and he's pretty damn powerfull. Combine this with a lack of maneouvring room inside the Priory, and it might be best not to piss him off.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:50 PM