Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mod Detectives
mALX
post Oct 12 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 12 2014, 07:48 AM) *

Are you talking Sofia the spellsword fully voiced follower? If so, yes. smile.gif

Well? What was the verdict? Oh, is she the one you said you liked? The one with the hilarious smarty mouth? I DL'd her this morning, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 12 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 12 2014, 12:57 AM) *

I take it this is a "play sound," - no lip files? (because I noticed the voice files in Skyrim are .fuz.

There are no lip files. It is just the .wav files only.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 12 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #23

Paladin
Group Icon

mALX - Lol. I just wanted to make sure we were talking the same thing. Yes, that is her. Sofia is a wonderfully custom-voiced Nord, with a rather irreverant sense of bawdy humor and a taste for mead. She has plenty of funny comments about all kinds of things. She also sings! She delightfully forgets and makes up her own words to songs sometimes but, in all seriousness, her singing voice is stunningly good. Better than Lisette (whose singing I can listen to for hours). She has plenty of nice touches, like whispering when you're sneaking.

Sophia is a spellsword - which is a perfect complement to Buffy. We give her a sword for one hand and let her cast destruction spells with the other. You can set her own horse for her if you want her to ride with you, but I can't comment on that - I use Convenient Horses which takes care of that.

You get a 'summon Sofia' spell which can be handy.

Overall, she is a good companion, as long as you are prepared for her tongue in cheek style and manner of poking fun at things.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 12 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

I have my first three soundsets done - Viconia, Imoen, and Sassy. The last one is not doing a lot for me. I think it worked better for Baldur's Gate. I went through my old BruceVayne Oblivion Soundsets, and pulled out some of those that I might convert as well. There were a few I liked overall, but had one or two lines that drove me nuts, like the paladin shouting "For the Needy!". I could skip those lines in the Skyrim version, and maybe actually want to use them.

I put Innocent in the list Acadian, I will try that one next. I am not sure if I want to upload the 3 I have now as a single mod, or wait until make all that I have the gumption to do and the put them all on the Nexus in a single upload. It isn't difficult, but it is tedious and time-consuming.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to try out the three I have, PM me, and I'll email it to you.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 12 2014, 08:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 12 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

Gosh, I was just kind of hoping to hit you up for a copy of the Imoen one once you got it going okay. If you actually get to Innocent, I'll adore you forever! biggrin.gif I'm still ever so grateful for that set of buckskin greaves that you retextured to black for Buffy in OB so very long ago. happy.gif

I'll give you some time, then PM you and see how things are going.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 12 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 12 2014, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 12 2014, 12:57 AM) *

I take it this is a "play sound," - no lip files? (because I noticed the voice files in Skyrim are .fuz.

There are no lip files. It is just the .wav files only.

Okay - but that mod everyone hates with the taunting and vanilla voices - from what I saw on Nexus, that one uses lip files, the Player is actually talking.

What I was thinking If there is a way to adjust THAT script; add more triggers (and a way to figure out what dialogue is saying what with those damn FUZ files) - we could actually have our characters speak the lines - with moving lips.

I'll never forget the first time I saw KC's Aravi's lips moving in Oblivion - it started me digging into scripts to find a way to get more triggers on that (BruceVayne's) scripts.

I've downloaded both voice mods so I can look over the scripts, but I don't have a clue on scripbting in Skyrim. I'd gotten pretty good at manipulating complex scripts in Oblivion, but that was before the stroke. Not sure if I'm capable of that kind of mental focus anymore. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 12 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Don't feel bad. At one time I was pretty good with Oblivion's scripting. I used several mods with scripts I created myself, like my ferryboat mod. But Skyrim's scripting makes no sense to me at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 12 2014, 11:53 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 12 2014, 06:23 PM) *

Don't feel bad. At one time I was pretty good with Oblivion's scripting. I used several mods with scripts I created myself, like my ferryboat mod. But Skyrim's scripting makes no sense to me at all.

It isn't just that - I have to re-read everything repeatedly to absorb anything, and some cognitive function seems to be blocked. I am afraid I'm incapable of manipulating scripts even in Oblivion anymore - sure I'm not capable of learning a new scripting language anymore. This ... lack of function - one of the things that left me so depressed this past year. I plan to take the scripting class for Skyrim at the TESAlliance - Insanity Sorrow is a genius with scripts, and may give me some extra help since he knows my medical situation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 14 2014, 01:46 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 12 2014, 05:53 PM) *

It isn't just that - I have to re-read everything repeatedly to absorb anything, and some cognitive function seems to be blocked. I am afraid I'm incapable of manipulating scripts even in Oblivion anymore - sure I'm not capable of learning a new scripting language anymore. This ... lack of function - one of the things that left me so depressed this past year. I plan to take the scripting class for Skyrim at the TESAlliance - Insanity Sorrow is a genius with scripts, and may give me some extra help since he knows my medical situation.

Don't worry overmuch about the memory/cognition thing. It takes time for your brain to rewire itself back to some level of cognitive function. I've been reading studies that show that the brain is capable of reforming new networks after something like traumatic brain damage (which is what you experienced with your stroke) as long as the neurons are constantly stimulated. They may not function the same way as before, but they will function. Working on things like scripts that makes you confront your shortcomings will stimulate those crapped out neurons into working again! I'm glad that Insanity Sorrow may be willing to help you out! It's going to be frustrating, but keep at it, kid! goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 14 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 11 2014, 09:23 PM) *

It is actually very easy to create new sound sets with this. All you need are the original sound files. Since it uses .wav files, which is the most basic sound file type, that makes it even easier. There are over a dozen different sound events, and each has a different folder that is clearly named. Such as Bowshowt, which plays when you fire a bow, and so on. Each folder can have 10 sound files in it, and again, they are simply named - bow1, bow2, etc...

So you just take your original files, copy the ones you want to the sound event folders you want, and rename them. I discovered that if you only have 1 sound file, it will only play one time in 10 when that event happens. So if you want to hear a sound played every time you fire a bow, you have to make 10 copies of the file, and number them bow1 - bow10. If you only want to hear it half the time, make 5 copies, and so on. This is actually rather nice, since it lets you control the frequency that you hear something.

I amplified Viconia and Imoen, and am back to do more testing. So far so good.

Or you could use different sound files for each event, right? Like for Bowshot:

Bow1 could be "Stand still so I can get your knee..." and
Bow2 could be "Dear gods you're an ugly sucker!" (etc)

- like ELZ's sound files in Oblivion, where it cycles through the comments so you can randomize 10 different comments for each event?

I may end up using that one, but sure would love it if it used lip files like BruceVayne's Oblivion Sound Sets did.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 14 2014, 08:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 14 2014, 08:29 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 14 2014, 03:18 PM) *

It is actually very easy to create new sound sets with this. All you need are the original sound files. Since it uses .wav files, which is the most basic sound file type, that makes it even easier. There are over a dozen different sound events, and each has a different folder that is clearly named. Such as Bowshowt, which plays when you fire a bow, and so on. Each folder can have 10 sound files in it, and again, they are simply named - bow1, bow2, etc...

So you just take your original files, copy the ones you want to the sound event folders you want, and rename them. I discovered that if you only have 1 sound file, it will only play one time in 10 when that event happens. So if you want to hear a sound played every time you fire a bow, you have to make 10 copies of the file, and number them bow1 - bow10. If you only want to hear it half the time, make 5 copies, and so on. This is actually rather nice, since it lets you control the frequency that you hear something.

- like ELZ's sound files in Oblivion, where it cycles through the comments so you can randomize 10 different comments for each event?

I may end up using that one, but sure would love it if it used lip files like BruceVayne's Oblivion Sound Sets did.

Here’s a utility that looks like it will give you the moving lips: Unfuzer. I could be wrong about what it does, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 14 2014, 09:23 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 13 2014, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 12 2014, 05:53 PM) *

Don't worry overmuch about the memory/cognition thing. It takes time for your brain to rewire itself back to some level of cognitive function. I've been reading studies that show that the brain is capable of reforming new networks after something like traumatic brain damage (which is what you experienced with your stroke) as long as the neurons are constantly stimulated. They may not function the same way as before, but they will function. Working on things like scripts that makes you confront your shortcomings will stimulate those crapped out neurons into working again! I'm glad that Insanity Sorrow may be willing to help you out! It's going to be frustrating, but keep at it, kid! goodjob.gif

This actually gives me some hope! Thanks, Haute!!! Actually, that part you said about stimulating the brain - that is why I wanted to take this course in Skyrim modding. Try to force my brain to think a little better/faster.

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 14 2014, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 14 2014, 03:18 PM) *

Here’s a utility that looks like it will give you the moving lips: Unfuzer. I could be wrong about what it does, though.

I was reading up on that Unfuzer - if I'm not mistaken, it is a way to break into the FUZ files and turn them into WMA files or something - so you can play them on a regular sound player and hear them - kind of like deconstructing a recipe to find the secret ingredient or something. That is, if I'm not mistaken, lol.

Well, what I need is the script. The FUZ files are no problem, because I can pull files from anywhere on Skyrim or mods that use voice (and every line of dialogue they say should be printed out in the dialogue on the CK, so choosing the phrases should be fairly easy; just find a voice that I like.

The problem is, getting the script. I've downloaded the "Player Voicesets" mod - because it is the closest thing to BruceVayne's "Sound Sets," where the player uses lip files and voice - very awesome to see your player's mouth move when they talk! They just need more triggers, and a way to randomize so people don't get sick of hearing the same thing over and over.

I am going to install the "Additional Voice Mod," because (very much like ELZ's Oblivion voice mod) it gives the most triggers and also allows the Player to randomize their responses to each trigger.

I do plan to use it until I can come up with something using lip files, and maybe then use both.

In Oblivion I combined the Sound Sets and ELZ's mod so my character had both, which really added to the number of triggers. Sometimes she'd use the random responses and sometimes the responses where you could see her lips move when she spoke - you never knew which to expect unless it was a place only triggered by BruceVayne's (like going into the Guilds).

I used the same voice for both mods, but different phrases - that way her dialogue was always coming out with something different, you never knew what to expect - like when she is waiting, sometimes she will hum that little song, some times she will gripe - I loved that!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 14 2014, 09:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 14 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

Additional Player Voices for Skyrim gives you about a dozen or so events that you can map sounds too. With up to ten sounds per event, that gives you a lot of diversity. I find the big problem is actually finding that many different sounds. Most of the events in my voice sets only have one to two different sounds. It was only making the Innocent set today that for the first time I had a dozen sounds for one event, and actually had to cut a few to get them down to ten.

I have only been playing with it for a few days, but so far APV has been really good. It has events for most things you do, like mounting a horse, discovering a new location, leveling up, skill increases, going into combat, drawing a weapon, etc... It only seems to be lacking in a few things, like a sound event for picking a lock/pocket, or becoming over-encumbured. It would also be nice to have a sound that would kick in when you are idle for a certain amount of time. I have no idea how you would add those events though. Skyrim's scripting makes as much sense to me at Sanskrit. But even lacking those, it is far an away my favorite choice of the voice mods out there.

I did some testing, and found it picks which sound to play in an event folder at random. Even if you do not have a .wav file for a particular 'slot', it might pick that one. In which case it just doesn't play anything. So if you only have one file, you will only hear a sound about once in ten times on average. If you want to hear something every time, you need to make 10 copies of your .wav file in the event folder. Even then though, I found that sometimes it still doesn't play a sound. My guess would be the script is getting butterfingers.

I have discovered that you don't need any .wav files in the event folders. You can leave some blank, and the mod will simply not play anything when that event happens. So no worries about breaking anything if you don't want a sound for some things. Which brings me to two events I am not sure about Bowshot and Crossbow. Both play a sound whenever you fire the particular weapon. But do you really want to hear your character say something every time you shoot? That would seem like it would get repetitive really fast.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 14 2014, 11:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2014, 12:08 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 14 2014, 05:51 PM) *

Additional Player Voices for Skyrim gives you about a dozen or so events that you can map sounds too. With up to ten sounds per event, that gives you a lot of diversity. I find the big problem is actually finding that many different sounds. Most of the events in my voice sets only have one to two different sounds. It was only making the Innocent set today that for the first time I had a dozen sounds for one event, and actually had to cut a few to get them down to ten.

I have only been playing with it for a few days, but so far APV has been really good. It has events for most things you do, like mounting a horse, discovering a new location, leveling up, skill increases, going into combat, drawing a weapon, etc... It only seems to be lacking in a few things, like a sound event for picking a lock/pocket, or becoming over-encumbured. It would also be nice to have a sound that would kick in when you are idle for a certain amount of time. I have no idea how you would add those events though. Skyrim's scripting makes as much sense to me at Sanskrit. But even lacking those, it is far an away my favorite choice of the voice mods out there.

I did some testing, and found it picks which sound to play in an event folder at random. Even if you do not have a .wav file for a particular 'slot', it might pick that one. In which case it just doesn't play anything. So if you only have one file, you will only hear a sound about once in ten times on average. If you want to hear something every time, you need to make 10 copies of your .wav file in the event folder. Even then though, I found that sometimes it still doesn't play a sound. My guess would be the script is getting butterfingers.

I have discovered that you don't need any .wav files in the event folders. You can leave some blank, and the mod will simply not play anything when that event happens. So no worries about breaking anything if you don't want a sound for some things. Which brings me to two events I am not sure about Bowshot and Crossbow. Both play a sound whenever you fire the particular weapon. But do you really want to hear your character say something every time you shoot? That would seem like it would get repetitive really fast.

Unless they don't shoot very often.

But they have voice files with the sound of an intaking or releasing of breath - a tiny little sound, perfect thing for a bowgirl to do when they draw back on that bow, I have heard both Teresa and Buffy say it they do it when they shoot with the bow.

I have that sound in a wave file somewhere for Maxical, she used it sometimes when she sat in a chair or climbed into bed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 16 2014, 03:37 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

Hey SR, can you tell me which of your body/face textures you allowed to overwrite? I'm didn't allow any to overwrite till I could ask you, and although she looks good - not as good as she should with those high res textures; and in some lights or places her skin shows an odd pattern.

No neck seams though! I've got some pictures of her, will post them as soon as I can.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 17 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 15 2014, 10:37 PM) *

Hey SR, can you tell me which of your body/face textures you allowed to overwrite? I'm didn't allow any to overwrite till I could ask you, and although she looks good - not as good as she should with those high res textures; and in some lights or places her skin shows an odd pattern.

No neck seams though! I've got some pictures of her, will post them as soon as I can.

I installed them in the order listed, overwriting everything whenever prompted. Just be sure you install everything in the same order.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 17 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #37

Paladin
Group Icon

Just thought I’d follow up on my quest to bring Buffy’s ‘Innocent’ voice that so defined her in Oblivion to Skyrim. We're now complete, except for a couple possible fine tunes.

I’m happily using the ‘Additional Player Voices for Skyrim’ mod. Thanks to SubRosa for leading the way at both sorting out wav files and what goes in which file, I’ve manually added the appropriate wav files for ‘Innocent’ to the mod and it is working wonderfully.

tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 18 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, that's great news! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 2 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Perhaps someone can help me - I'm looking for a mod that'd make dungeons darker. Most of such mods on Nexus either rely on something called ENB (I don't know what this is but I'm obviously not an ENB user), either they are outdated or don't cover DLCs. So does anyone know of any simple mod that'd make dungeons darker without editing anything else?

Another mod I'd be interested in, is more NPCs in Skyrim. Once again, there are a lot of them on Nexus, some look great at first, but they were updated for the last time in 2012, for instance. So if someone's been using any such mods, I'd appreciate some help.

I had another question but can't think of it now. Dementia, I guess.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 2 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

For darker dungeons and interiors I use Climates of Tamriel. It does a whole lot of stuff but it was pretty simple once I decided what to use. There’s a lot to read on the mod page.

For NPCs I use Inconsequential NPCs (not to be confused with Interesting NPCs which I don’t use), Immersive Patrols no-battles version (due to my fragile laptop not liking battles), and Companions and Followers to add a little life to Skyrim. The last one only adds twelve potential follower NPCs, but they wander around based on schedules so it’s neat to pass them in taverns and on the road. I particulary like the NPCs in this mod because although they are attractive they still have a look that’s true to the original game.

Extended Encounters also adds NPCs to the world, with sometimes odd results. One of my characters left home only to meet her steward Marcurio strolling down the road minutes later. He was supposed to be teaching mage stuff to her children. kvleft.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:47 AM