8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout New Vegas, The Upcoming Fallout Game
Kiln
post Oct 4 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Forum Bard
Group Icon

So far I'm really looking forward to the new Fallout game coming out, New Vegas. It comes out later this month and I'm ecstatic about its upcoming release. I personally loved Fallout 3 with all the exploration, over the top characters, skills, and perks. I enjoyed it so much that I'll be in the store at midnight when the game is released and playing it until morning afterwards. In case you haven't heard of it there's a link to some information and also a link to some screenshots below. Looks like they've got some good voice talent as well as some very fun looking gameplay in my opinion...I'm really excited about this and if you liked Fallout 3 it looks like you'll enjoy this game as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/143/14341976/imgs_1.html

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Oct 5 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

I've already got classic Collector's Pre-ordered

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
drakkenfan
post Oct 5 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #3

Retainer

I've also pre-ordered it. I'm really looking forward to it, since Fallout 3 was such a wonderful game.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 5 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I only just started playing FO3, so I am in no hurry for New Vegas. Maybe in a few years, when ES 5 comes out, I will pick up NV. Then I can play that for two years, and afterward get ES5. Yes I know, but I am typically two years late with all the games I play these days. One handy thing about waiting is that not only does hardware improve, but there are usually wiki's chock full of info by the time I do start playing.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Oct 6 2010, 07:37 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

... One handy thing about waiting is that not only does hardware improve, but there are usually wiki's chock full of info by the time I do start playing....

And a lot more cheaper, too. I got Oblivion in '08 for 1000 yen, which means... 10 bucks? Yes, that's correct.. I guess.

F03 goes for the same. Now DLCs were....

Ahh, look at me, babbling about prices and all. I'll be waiting for a long time for NV, 'cause I have my suspiscions that it wouldn't be released in Jap anytime soon. Poor me. laugh.gif

EDIT: BTW, is it really confirmed that Bethesda is working TES5? News are slow to reach us in Asia.

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Oct 6 2010, 07:40 AM

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 6 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Oct 4 2010, 09:32 PM) *

I've already got classic Collector's Pre-ordered

Woo Hoo !!! You'll get that special armor in game !!!

QUOTE(ureniashtram @ Oct 6 2010, 02:37 AM) *

EDIT: BTW, is it really confirmed that Bethesda is working TES5? News are slow to reach us in Asia.

Absolutely!!! Yes they are!! Additionally, they are supposed to release a version of Oblivion that is co-op for online gaming - it was supposed to be out last fall, but some kinks had to be worked out.

My guess, TESV will be in Skyrim.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 6 2010, 03:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Oct 6 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

WHAT?!??!?!?! Co-Op for online gaming?!?!?! Oh, well. No skin off my teeth.

And Skyrim, hmm. My friend actually told me that ES5 was set to Valenwood. VALENWOOD.

Never trust an elf!

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 6 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ureniashtram @ Oct 6 2010, 10:36 AM) *

WHAT?!??!?!?! Co-Op for online gaming?!?!?! Oh, well. No skin off my teeth.

And Skyrim, hmm. My friend actually told me that ES5 was set to Valenwood. VALENWOOD.

Never trust an elf!

Skyrim is just my guess. They left two notes in Oblivion that lead you into Skyrim. They did the same thing in Morrowind, hinting at things in the Oblivion game.

They took out a trademark on the name 'Skyrim' last year - they did the same for both Morrowind and Oblivion before each of those games came out.

My Septims are on it being in Skyrim. Like I said though, I'm just guessing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Oct 8 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Malx, I'll get my armor from Fallout 1! I need to replay Fallout 1.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Oct 9 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

I'm really hyped for this. Pre ordered!

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 26 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

Well? Anyone going to give details? ARGH!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 27 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #12

Forum Bard
Group Icon

The game is amazing. I've clocked over sixty hours since I got it on launch day at midnight. My life and sleep have suffered as a result of this game's release but I'm loving it. There are glitches, which are common of games built with the engine this game uses but they are tolerable. I actually prefer this game over Fallout 3 alot even with the current problems...which I hope Obsidian will fix quicker than Bethsoft fixed theirs.

Skills are used to much more depth in this game. There are alot of instances where you can gain a special bonus or get a prize with the right skills. Combat is better, each weapon has ironsights that you can actually look down and aim and most weapons have some sort of modification to enhance its effectiveness. The game's hardcore mode is the ultimate challenge in which players must eat, sleep, and drink in order to survive...it also makes it where you can't spam stimpacks in order to survive, you can only feel the effects of one stim at a time and it heals over a period of a few seconds instead of instantly and ammunition has weight. The game is also bigger, with more places, weapons, clothing, and things to do. I've only completed one of what I believe to be four main endings. The game also details how decisions you've made impact each settlement in the game and how the faction you help take over Vegas treats the citizens that inhabit it.

The game's ending can vary greatly depending on alliances and how much you've helped each faction. Helping one faction may have damaging effects on another and doing bad things to a community leave it worse off than if you hadn't messed with it at all...destroying a faction completely has effects as well.

Once again, the game is awesome, if you liked Fallout 3 then go buy New Vegas.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Oct 27 2010, 04:19 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Oct 28 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

I've clocked over 60 ghours. The game is amazing, if you disagree then you're playing the wrong game. Fallout 3 doesn't even deserve to share the same name as New Vegas.

As previously stated glitches exist, but in my honest opinion the game is worth it's megabytes in gold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 29 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #14

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Oct 28 2010, 01:09 AM) *

I've clocked over 60 ghours. The game is amazing, if you disagree then you're playing the wrong game. Fallout 3 doesn't even deserve to share the same name as New Vegas.

As previously stated glitches exist, but in my honest opinion the game is worth it's megabytes in gold.

Agreed with above post. Go buy it now. This game is so much better than Fallout 3 its not even funny, I'm very glad Bethsoft handed New Vegas to Obsidian.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 29 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

Skills are used to much more depth in this game. There are alot of instances where you can gain a special bonus or get a prize with the right skills. Combat is better, each weapon has ironsights that you can actually look down and aim and most weapons have some sort of modification to enhance its effectiveness. The game's hardcore mode is the ultimate challenge in which players must eat, sleep, and drink in order to survive...it also makes it where you can't spam stimpacks in order to survive, you can only feel the effects of one stim at a time and it heals over a period of a few seconds instead of instantly and ammunition has weight. The game is also bigger, with more places, weapons, clothing, and things to do. I've only completed one of what I believe to be four main endings. The game also details how decisions you've made impact each settlement in the game and how the faction you help take over Vegas treats the citizens that inhabit it.

This sounds AWESOME !!!! I love the sound of that hard-core mode!!!! That eliminates one mod everyone usually gets!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 29 2010, 07:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Oct 29 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #16

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 29 2010, 06:08 AM) *

This sounds AWESOME !!!! I love the sound of that hard-core mode!!!! That eliminates one mod everyone usually gets!!!

I know, I really enjoy playing in hardcore. Being on the Xbox360 I have the disadvantage of not being able to mod the game so the addition of hardcore mode was definately a plus. Saves all those guys on the PC the time on tweaking and making realism mods too...the devs heard what people wanted and thankfully worked hard to implement it.

Hats off to Obsidian and you know Bethsoft too who provided them with the means to do it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 29 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Oct 29 2010, 06:44 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 29 2010, 06:08 AM) *

I know, I really enjoy playing in hardcore. Being on the Xbox360 I have the disadvantage of not being able to mod the game so the addition of hardcore mode was definately a plus. Saves all those guys on the PC the time on tweaking and making realism mods too...the devs heard what people wanted and thankfully worked hard to implement it.

Hats off to Obsidian and you know Bethsoft too who provided them with the means to do it.

THIS !!!!

QFT

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Oct 29 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

This game is just outstanding! I haven't really had much time to play it since I have alot of school work but the 20 hours I've spent on it have been alot of fun.

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Oct 30 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

If I didn't have school...I wouldn't have left mh ouse since I got it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 30 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Oct 29 2010, 11:58 PM) *

If I didn't have school...I wouldn't have left mh ouse since I got it.

I remember when I first got into Oblivion, I nearly called in sick to work the first three days - then I started bringing it to work with me to play on the lunch hour.

Boss: You are late back from lunch again!

Me: But the Daedra were attacking...

I never got that bad over Fallout 3, but did get hooked on it. I haven't picked up New Vegas yet, but will.

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 PM