Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Chorrol Site struggling to load pages?, Is anyone else having this issue?
mALX
post Jun 27 2019, 07:10 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

For three days now, I can't get the PM page to load in a full page. It is only loading a little at a time; and you have to scroll down to get the lower sections of the page; but then the upper sections all disappear and all I see is the brown backdrop.

It is happening every time on the PM page; (but not sure if it is doing it anywhere else on this site).

I am not having trouble with any other sites; just this one. Anyone else noticing this?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghastley
post Jun 28 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Looking at this page made me notice that treydog's avatar image doesn't exist any more, so the browser continued trying to load it for some time, before giving up. That's only going to happen on a page where there's a treydog reply, of course, and won't happen if you happen to have a cached one (except that I think this BB uses #pragma nocache to force reload of everything). I wonder if the issue is image-related?

Look for any options that might hold up rendering the page until all the images are loaded.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 28 2019, 09:08 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jun 29 2019, 12:25 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 28 2019, 04:06 PM) *

Looking at this page made me notice that treydog's avatar image doesn't exist any more, so the browser continued trying to load it for some time, before giving up. That's only going to happen on a page where there's a treydog reply, of course, and won't happen if you happen to have a cached one (except that I think this BB uses #pragma nocache to force reload of everything). I wonder if the issue is image-related?

Look for any options that might hold up rendering the page until all the images are loaded.

Yes- wherever I used to have my pic hosted got "disappeared" and I keep forgetting to use Imgur (most likely) to fix that. I seem to recall my other go-to image sites as becoming hopeless. (Photobucket and Imageshack I think).

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mALX   Chorrol Site struggling to load pages?   Jun 27 2019, 07:10 AM
Decrepit   For three days now, I can't get the PM page t...   Jun 27 2019, 10:31 AM
Acadian   Hi, mALX. Like Decrepit, I've not had any pro...   Jun 27 2019, 12:30 PM
Renee   I am fine here. Dang, sorry to hear you're hav...   Jun 27 2019, 12:55 PM
ghastley   I took a quick look at the page source for the PM ...   Jun 27 2019, 02:04 PM
mALX   I took a quick look at the page source for the PM...   Jun 27 2019, 02:40 PM
Uleni Athram   So Dr. Ghastley, does that mean I can still slide ...   Jun 27 2019, 02:06 PM
mALX   Okay, so far there are only two pages doing it: ...   Jun 27 2019, 05:50 PM
mALX   Just tried Mozilla Firefox; pages are loading jus...   Jun 27 2019, 06:19 PM
treydog   Was going to suggest Firefox as an alternative. I...   Jun 27 2019, 07:13 PM
mALX   Was going to suggest Firefox as an alternative. ...   Jun 28 2019, 04:22 AM
Decrepit   Hurrah for Firefox :D Don't forget you can ...   Jun 27 2019, 08:10 PM
Acadian   Glad you were able to get things resolved okay, mA...   Jun 27 2019, 08:17 PM
ghastley   You could look at Yslow but that's really for ...   Jun 28 2019, 04:28 PM
mALX   You could look at Yslow but that's really for...   Jun 28 2019, 07:54 PM
Sakiri   I use Chrome because of ease of use. My bookmarks ...   Jun 28 2019, 08:43 PM
mALX   Looking at this page made me notice that treydog...   Jun 28 2019, 11:52 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:21 PM