22 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
Lady Saga
post Jan 3 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

So I had this dream last night and after it was over, I made myself wake fully up so I could remember it all.

There was this street fair, all my friends were going, it was this big all-day thing. I used to live in Portland Oregon 10 years ago, and so I recognized the area where the street fair was gonna be held as the southeast district: Hawthorne blvd to be more specific. Anyways I'm getting ready, cooking, getting dressed. I don't remember that part very well, but it's of no consequence, anyways.

Later on I was approaching the party, I was still outside. For some reason things get vague, and I wind up travelling through some woods, and there are no woods in that part of Portland. Suddenly, there was a "camera" floating through the air, and I'm watching this camera passively (as if I'm watching TV). The camera pans around this WOLF. Circles around and around, and in the dream I make this comment that this is a cut-scene! ohmy.gif Just like in a videogame.

The camera starts to center towards the wolf, and then I get what's about to happen. I am to become the wolf. As the camera hovers behind the wolf, all a sudden I can start to walk ... on 4 legs. I wind up walking back to the area where the party is, and where all my friends are, etc. They recognize me because there is this weird telepathic thing that goes on. I am able to communicate to them that I am this wolf. I have no idea how it happened or how long it will last, but they accept this oddity anyways. biggrin.gif

Towards the end of the dream, everybody is swarming around this food provided by the establishment. Music is playing, etc. There was a band playing Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way (and badly, at that!). I wanna say we were all in the Bagdhad Theatre. As my friends eat the food provided by the Bagdhad, I start to eat my own food. smile.gif And I felt weird doing so.

Some dreams have meaning, and some do not, not that I can decipher, anyways. In this case, I think I know what this dream means. smile.gif I've become a wolf, I've got my own food, I'm doing things my own way. Yet I am still accepted by my friends.

Bla bla bla, what about you? I would have put this in the Skyrim forums, by the way, but I realized any videogame can inspire a dream.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jan 3 2013, 01:45 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 3 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I once had a dream that an oblivion gate opened up in my backyard. I ran Into it screaming "FOR THE EMPIRE!" before a guard stopped me and tried to arrest me. I resisted arrest and he kept yelling "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" then Mehrunes Dagon randomly appeared and picked up the guard and ate him rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 3 2013, 04:33 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 3 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool, and moving, dream Renee. It is liberating to get to that point where you can just stop pretending, and be yourself.

And a very funny dream KoB! I think Wes Johnson's "Stop Right There Criminal Scum!" is indelibly ingrained upon everyone who has ever played Oblivion. smile.gif

One video game dream that comes to my mind was inspired by Rome Total War, which I used to play a lot of years ago, and even made a major conversion mod for. I was in the game, and leading a Brutti (Roman) army against Godzilla. Needless to say I did not win that battle! Godzilla would either use his nuclear breath to incinerate my principes, or use his tail to send my velites and hastati flying like bowling pins.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 3 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 3 2013, 10:33 AM) *

I once had a dream that an oblivion gate opened up in my backyard.

Oh my!! I actually have had a lot of Elder Scrolls dreams, or dreams inspired by ES, but 90% of the time I don't remember them. They usually have something to do with combat or stressful situations I'm trying to resolve.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 3 2013, 12:49 PM) *

I was in the game, and leading a Brutti (Roman) army against Godzilla. Needless to say I did not win that battle! Godzilla would either use his nuclear breath to incinerate my principes, or use his tail to send my velites and hastati flying like bowling pins.

heh heh crazyness!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 5 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Believe it or not I took part on the siege of Whiterun in a dream. What was weird though is that I saw myself in THIRD PERSON. With Oblivion graphics. Idk why, but I just KNEW that it was me. It was really weird.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 5 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I've been playing minecraft as well as oblivion and skyrim. I played minecraft before bed last night though, and the last thing that happened to me was a creeper blew up my house. Well, I had a dream that I was in minecraft, and I was being chased by a creeper, except for done reason it was flying. I went and hid in my house, and the creeper had the most epic crash landing through the window in the living room, and broke the TV. I got into an argument with the creeper, and I got so mad that I hit the creeper. The creeper insulted me with a very naughty word, and blew up my living room. That's when I woke up screaming and thought I heard something in the living room going SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 5 2013, 07:48 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 5 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

I have a lot of zombie dreams, which means I'm bored with the mundane and want a change of pace. Once I started writing my fanfic and really getting back into writing, I had an outlet and now they have stopped.

Which is wonderful.

Because zombies terrify me.

And they would ALWAYS go after my son in the dreams.

That is, as my 2 year old would say, "a BIG no-no!" tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 5 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Hahaha! An arguement with a creeper! That is SOO rich!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 6 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Yah, more dreams! The Whiterun siege one would be pretty cool to have, I dunno about being chased by a Creeper! huh.gif Minecraft is an interesting looking game; I've watched a few YouTube LPs about it, just out of curiosity. Seems pretty neat, the way it's so customizable, and its graphics are blatantly lo-rent, which I think is awesome in this day and age.

Yuch Miss Hollow! I am glad Idon't have zombie dreams! Yikes!!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jan 6 2013, 05:05 AM
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 6 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 5 2013, 10:21 AM) *

I have a lot of zombie dreams, which means I'm bored with the mundane and want a change of pace. Once I started writing my fanfic and really getting back into writing, I had an outlet and now they have stopped.

Which is wonderful.

I'm guessing your not the type of person who would play zombies on Call Of Duty then? I'm a boss at zombies tongue.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 6 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 6 2013, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 5 2013, 10:21 AM) *

Which is wonderful.

I'm guessing your not the type of person who would play zombies on Call Of Duty then? I'm a boss at zombies tongue.gif

I tried playing it with my middle brother, and I ended up throwing the controller at him and saying "Nope." and leaving the room lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 7 2013, 01:18 AM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 6 2013, 08:41 AM) *

A guy I work with plays the latest Black Ops. It's cool because he has no idea what RPGs are all about (other tahn what I've told him), and I could care less for FPS types, but we are both able to talk about our games to one another. It's kinda neat, I guess.

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 7 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 6 2013, 06:18 PM) *

A guy I work with plays the latest Black Ops. It's cool because he has no idea what RPGs are all about (other tahn what I've told him), and I could care less for FPS types, but we are both able to talk about our games to one another. It's kinda neat, I guess.

I work with no one who plays videogames. My husband and our friend are literally the only people I know who plays them, besides my brothers. And they live out of town.

I'm so lonely. -sobs- XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 7 2013, 05:15 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 6 2013, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Jan 6 2013, 06:18 PM) *

I work with no one who plays videogames. My husband and our friend are literally the only people I know who plays them, besides my brothers. And they live out of town.

I'm so lonely. -sobs- XD

I don't mean to boast but..-clears throat- I'm from a family of gamers.

Just kidding, I'm just being a pain in the neck. My friend is the only person I know who plays games. I know how you feel.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jan 7 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

I gave my nephew (16 yrs. old now) Oblivion 4 years ago, and though my sister doesn't game, she sometimes watches him play. laugh.gif He applies his Halo gamer-knowledge to TES, which means he runs around constantly. He's always running man. He's the one that also tea-bags his dead enemies. whistling.gif

On the other hand, he is able to play a female character. Which (to me) shows he is open-minded. And he also has some odd moments of true RP, and this is without me teaching him "how it's done". I grew up with a gang of tabletop buddies, you see. Dice, paper, sheets, figureines, books, math. etc. He's had none of this, so the fact that he RPs at all is kinda cool.

I work with a lady who also games with her bf. She likes zombie games, actually. ohmy.gif She's into blowing zombies apart. biggrin.gif lol.

I will get this thread back on topic at some point. I did have another ES-influenced dream last night, I wanna try and remember it a bit more, though.

+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 10 2013, 03:05 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a dream that I used unrelenting force to send The Adoring Fan flying off of a cliff.

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Jan 10 2013, 03:06 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 10 2013, 05:17 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

I think the last time I had a videogame-related dream was....a long while ago. I was playing Dishonored. I kept trying to use the Thu'um.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 14 2013, 04:39 AM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

Last night I had a dream that Vivec and Sotha Sil killed me and gave my body to Dagoth-Ur to experiment on blink.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 14 2013, 04:46 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 13 2013, 09:39 PM) *

Last night I had a dream that Vivec and Sotha Sil killed me and gave my body to Dagoth-Ur to experiment on blink.gif

STOP THAT nono.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 14 2013, 04:52 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 13 2013, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 13 2013, 09:39 PM) *

STOP THAT nono.gif

What did I do blink.gif

Anyway....

I don't think I'll be playing Morrowind anytime soon...

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post

22 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:18 AM