11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The little Coffee-shop
minque
post Apr 2 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #1

Wise Woman
Group Icon

This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!

You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.

But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.

Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.

Enjoy your stay here!!! wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Apr 2 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #2

Wizard
Group Icon

well let me be the first to thank Minque for starting this, I'm sure this will be a fun thread biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
darkcootie
post Apr 2 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

well im sure this will be a big hit. i dont think i really get it i think i need a more structured conversation
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Well there can be one here also....I mean you can post whatever you like here in order to create some conversation about anything you want, as long as the generic rules are followed....

You might f.ex ask a random question......or start a discussion about an actual topic, as soon as ppl get the hold of it it can be a very nice place here-.....like in an ordinary cafe..... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 3 2005, 01:04 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

[quote=minque]Well there can be one here also....I mean you can post whatever you like here in order to create some conversation about anything you want, as long as the generic rules are followed....

You might f.ex ask a random question......or start a discussion about an actual topic, as soon as ppl get the hold of it it can be a very nice place here-.....like in an ordinary cafe..... biggrin.gif[/quote]with coffe wink.gif

I'll start the thing off by asking, what types of books, or authers do you like to read?

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Soulseeker3.0][quote=minque]Well there can be one here also....I mean you can post whatever you like here in order to create some conversation about anything you want, as long as the generic rules are followed....

You might f.ex ask a random question......or start a discussion about an actual topic, as soon as ppl get the hold of it it can be a very nice place here-.....like in an ordinary cafe..... biggrin.gif[/quote]with coffe wink.gif

I'll start the thing off by asking, what types of books, or authers do you like to read?[/quote]

Oh jeez..I read almost anything, historical books, fantasy, criminal and murderstories...hmmm biographies...medical fiction (yummy)

I like James Michener, Anita Shreve, Jeffrey Archer, Tess Gerritsen swedish ones like Liza Marklund, Henning Mankell, Per-Anders Fogelström,

well I do have about 3-4000 books at home..then again I´ve collected books for a loooong time wink.gif

What about you?

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 3 2005, 01:39 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

[quote=minque][quote=Soulseeker3.0][quote=minque]Well there can be one here also....I mean you can post whatever you like here in order to create some conversation about anything you want, as long as the generic rules are followed....

I'll start the thing off by asking, what types of books, or authers do you like to read?[/quote]

Oh jeez..I read almost anything, historical books, fantasy, criminal and murderstories...hmmm biographies...medical fiction (yummy)

I like James Michener, Anita Shreve, Jeffrey Archer, Tess Gerritsen swedish ones like Liza Marklund, Henning Mankell, Per-Anders Fogelström,

well I do have about 3-4000 books at home..then again I´ve collected books for a loooong time wink.gif

What about you?[/quote]

I like to read scfi, fiction, and fantacy mostly thats it

for authors i like J.R.R Tolken, Harry Harison, Lackey, and one person i can't think of right now, he wrote the redwall book series. I also read a book called An Archer's Tale nic book there. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 3 2005, 03:01 AM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

"Greeting's and salutations, stranger. Do you have any news?"

I read very few book's, since I'm very picky about what I read. And I generally don't read anything unless someone has reccommended it to me or I really like what I see in the blurb. The type's of books I read are mostly fantasy. I read Terry Pratchett's books, Raymond E Feist's books, Garth Nix's books, Anne Mcaffrey and a few other one-timer's.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Apr 3 2005, 05:19 AM
Post #9

Unregistered

I begin with my normal night shift routine.

I'll have a cake and some coffee please, black and bring alot of sugar packets!

Scfi is what i usally read. Ever read David sherman or Dan Craig?
I also gather ideas about my story by watching the lord of the rings movies over and over. Great sources.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #10

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Good Morning all!

*brings in coffee and a lot of small sugar-packs*

*takes fresh bread out of the oven* Don´t burn yourselves...they´re hot!

I really enjoy readin even though I have a little short of time reading at the moment, much fuzz at work and some very tight deadlines arrgh....

But I forgot to mention Tolkien in my "list"....

Care for telling what you guys do normally? Which schools, work and such things!

Me I work at a Nuclear Powr Plant in east Sweden as an engineer, dealing with chemistry (I´m a chemist basically) decontamination, radiation-protection and waste-management. I also sometimes workabroad, that is in Germany....and I just LOVE to work abroad... wink.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Alexander
post Apr 3 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #11

Wizard
Group Icon

hm, discussing books are we, well I'm a great Fantasy fan myself.

the best things I've read in fantasy would be the works of Raymond E. Feist, of George R.R. Martin and of Terry Goodkind. possibly even David Eddings and Tolkien thrown in there, and many more but I really couldn't recall of it.

and abou myself, at the moment full time forum junkie tongue.gif and part time telemarketeer, but after the summer I'll be taking up History at the local university, so hopefully I'll be a professor in that some day smile.gif
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Alexander]hm, discussing books are we, well I'm a great Fantasy fan myself.

the best things I've read in fantasy would be the works of Raymond E. Feist, of George R.R. Martin and of Terry Goodkind. possibly even David Eddings and Tolkien thrown in there, and many more but I really couldn't recall of it.

and abou myself, at the moment full time forum junkie tongue.gif and part time telemarketeer, but after the summer I'll be taking up History at the local university, so hopefully I'll be a professor in that some day smile.gif[/quote]

Oh Alex ..but that´s wonderful! I´m sure you´re gonna be a great professor, and I´ll support you in any way I possibly can.....yay....way to go Alex :goodjob:

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Alexander
post Apr 3 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #13

Wizard
Group Icon

[quote=minque]

Oh Alex ..but that´s wonderful! I´m sure you´re gonna be a great professor, and I´ll support you in any way I possibly can.....yay....way to go Alex :goodjob:[/quote]

thanks Minque smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sinder Velvin
post Apr 3 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=Alexander][quote=minque]

Oh Alex ..but that´s wonderful! I´m sure you´re gonna be a great professor, and I´ll support you in any way I possibly can.....yay....way to go Alex :goodjob:[/quote]

thanks Minque smile.gif[/quote]

I second that. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 3 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Hey Minque granted your buissy you still made coffe and bread for us??? your so kind!!! well I usually go to the Jeff city high school and the rest of the time I'm either here or playing a game of one kind or another.

Oh and Alex, telemarketer huh? have you called me yet? lol good luck with the teacher thing. It's creepy i'm friends with teacher age people, with me being a kid.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2005, 05:36 PM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Nah....not more weird than me being friends with folks that are in the same age as my children...... wink.gif

No age doesn´t matter here , I enjoy it a lot to talk to you all and it makes me feel young..and special because all you young ones want to chat with me, help me out with my food-problems and being just nice and friendly.....

I really love these forums and also the ES ones...my life has became much more enjoyable the last year

:hearts: so I wub ´o all.... :iwubu: :cake:

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 3 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

well it's good being your friend and makeing your year be better then last one, now this is getting all mushy

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Sinder Velvin
post Apr 3 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=minque]Nah....not more weird than me being friends with folks that are in the same age as my children...... wink.gif

No age doesn´t matter here , I enjoy it a lot to talk to you all and it makes me feel young..and special because all you young ones want to chat with me, help me out with my food-problems and being just nice and friendly.....

I really love these forums and also the ES ones...my life has became much more enjoyable the last year

:hearts: so I wub ´o all.... :iwubu: :cake:[/quote]

Err... Thanks, I guess. :paperbag:

I hope you realize that this forum is just starting out.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 3 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Sinder Velvin][quote=minque]Nah....not more weird than me being friends with folks that are in the same age as my children...... wink.gif

:hearts: so I wub ´o all.... :iwubu: :cake:[/quote]

I hope you realize that this forum is just starting out.[/quote]

yes!! but still it´s growing and I think there are a lot of nice guys here, so I enjoy it a lot.....and then of course...hehe the power, Sinder..the power!yayyyyyyy

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 3 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

[quote=minque][quote=Sinder Velvin]

I hope you realize that this forum is just starting out.[/quote]

yes!! but still it´s growing and I think there are a lot of nice guys here, so I enjoy it a lot.....and then of course...hehe the power, Sinder..the power!yayyyyyyy[/quote]
Feel the power corsing thou your viens as you close this and that.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:38 AM