Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 125 126 127 128 129 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
Renee
post Mar 1 2018, 04:04 AM
Post #2521

Councilor
Group Icon

Tirdas, 21st of Frostfall, 4th Era 201

Level: 10

It's been awhile since I've updated Sir Vyvoor's game, and it's because I spent a few weeks learning how to make a respawning bounty quest work in this game. I finally got it working a few days ago. My GOSH Skyrim does a lot of things different.

Anyway, Vyvoor is in Nightgate Inn, heading slowly back to Ulfric with Jarl Balgruuf's stupid war axe. I think the Civil War is finally going to kick-in pretty soon.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 8 2018, 12:35 AM
Post #2522

Councilor
Group Icon

Sir Vyvoor is in Ivarstead with his Stormie Posse. They're going to rest for a day, and then head up the mountain, where that frost troll hopefully won't be so much of a roadblock as before!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 12 2018, 10:26 PM
Post #2523

Councilor
Group Icon

Date not recorded

Sir Vyvoor made it to the battlefield at Whiterun from an odd angle, and he did this on purpose. Instead walking up the road, past the farms and breweries, and toward the stable area like he normally would, he approached Whiterun from its rear, and around its western side.

And this wound up being better in a way. Because approaching from the far side like this seemed to skip a lot of opening dialog. It made it feel like the battle was already happening (which it was) when he and his Stormcloak companions got there. I totally avoided that feeling like they were all just waiting for HIM to show up, know what I mean?

Anyway, the skirmish itself was panicky and exciting! panic.gif I actually found myself enjoying it, which is not how I remember doing the same battle with Claire Voyance. I wish I had gotten better action pictures, but I forgot about taking pics as the fights kicked in!

Pondering in the cold

Sacking the city

Bam! Crash!

Oh, you want some too?

Priest keeps on preaching (seriously, all this commotion was going on and he still gives his sermon. laugh.gif

The Jarl concedes

Sir Vyvoor noms

viking.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 12 2018, 10:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #2524

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice shots from what sounds like an epic battle! viking.gif

'Grats to Sir Vyvoor for. . . well, surviving. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 13 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #2525

Ancient
Group Icon

Let the sacking begin! That guy up front has a giant hammer!

I can just imagine Heimskir (the preacher) saying "Talos Loves You!" as the fighting goes on all around you. A funny thing is, his house gets ruined in the battle! laugh.gif

Down with Jarl Baalin'!

Sir V is loading up on carbs for that long-lasting energy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 14 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #2526

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 13 2018, 04:36 PM) *

I can just imagine Heimskir (the preacher) saying "Talos Loves You!" as the fighting goes on all around you. A funny thing is, his house gets ruined in the battle! laugh.gif

And that's exactly why he keeps preaching. He can't even go home!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2018, 03:16 AM
Post #2527

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 13 2018, 04:36 PM) *

Sir V is loading up on carbs for that long-lasting energy.

I have Realistic Needs & Disease in his game, which I think is supposed to make the character get fatter, if he / she has a habit of frequent gluttony. biggrin.gif So when Vyvoor's game gets near the end of the MQ, we'll be able to compare earliest pics of him to later ones, see if he's gained any weight.

----------------------------

Level: 16

Playtime: 60:36:25

Date: Not available

Sir Vyvoor climbed the hill from Ivarstead to High Hrothgar with his three Stormcloack companions. Ironically, everybody was all buffed & ready for that frost troll, but this time it was nowhere to be found.

So they got to meet the Graybeards without incident. Vyvoor had no idea what to expect. Now that he's met the Graybeards though, he is fully able to use his talents to shout. He is my first character who can do so. viking.gif

They didn't meet that dreaded troll until leaving Hrothgar. This time, it barely gave Vyvoor any grief.

Climbing up the mountain

One of many Stormcloaks

Every Graybeard has his own opinion

Every Graybeard has his own opinion

Holding it back makes him mad

Screaming out of his flesh, and he shouts....Fus in!

Gettin' down with the beards. Praise Akatosh!

Ice Warrior

Finally, there's that troll

Cheers

viking.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 18 2018, 02:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 18 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #2528

Paladin
Group Icon

SV the Dragonborn! Love how he took his posse of Stormies with him to High Hrothgar. Stormies 1; Troll 0.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 18 2018, 01:41 PM
Post #2529

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 18 2018, 01:00 PM) *

SV the Dragonborn! Love how he took his posse of Stormies with him to High Hrothgar. Stormies 1; Troll 0.

Yeah, totally. That was a really good idea, to travel around with other Stormcloaks. I haven't been updating this thread, but Vyvoor has done quite a lot of traveling with his Stormie Warrior, Archer, and Spellsword. Together, they are an unstoppable force! Last time I gamed with them, they were able to liberate some prisoners locked up in Fort Neugrad, outside of Falkreath.

Well actually, the Warrior got killed at some point, but I made it so that a new guy will eventually respawn in Windhelm. All three of these followers respawn; i consider all of them generic, you see.

Vyvoor took down his first random dragon too! blink.gif My gosh that was intense! Having the ability to use shouts makes a lot of difference, when it comes to fighting dragons. Pictures soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 18 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #2530

Ancient
Group Icon

In Holding it Back, Sir V is either the Dragonborn, or he just has not bathed in a long time... wink.gif

That troll is always a blast to kill. Unless you are really low level and it kills you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 13 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #2531

Councilor
Group Icon

Today I fired up Jerric’s SE game (on the PS4) for the first time in almost two years. I found him on the back porch of Lakeview in steel plate looking very uncomfortable in the midday sun. Marcurio-Darnand was at his side.

Since neither of us had any memory at all of the events that brought him there, they went for a stroll around the yard seeking clues. Rayya is in residence but there are no animals, so he must not have a steward. A couple of rooms are empty, so he either ran out of gold or patience. Or possibly he wants something custom. When he went back outside, he got a surprise “Hello my love” from – Sylgja?! I have no idea how that happened. He’s not wearing a wedding ring, so maybe he wanted a shop in the neighborhood? Yikes.

Anyway I love Skyrim just as much as ever. I just wish we could have better mods on the PS4 so that Darnand could get a horse.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 13 2018, 08:57 AM
Post #2532

Master
Group Icon

Now Jerric can fill up the memory gaps any way he wants. Or maybe it's better if some remain empty. tongue.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 13 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #2533

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 13 2018, 03:57 AM) *

Now Jerric can fill up the memory gaps any way he wants. Or maybe it's better if some remain empty. tongue.gif

He'll probably blame the mead, anyway. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 13 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #2534

Councilor
Group Icon

How does the PS4 handle Skyrim? Any issues like PS3 had? Probably not. I'm thinking of getting either a PS4 or Xbox 1, assuming the next ES happens to be on the current gen of consoles. I'm hearing it won't be though.

And good to see Jerric again. I'll be playing Skyrim in a month or two.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 15 2018, 01:23 AM
Post #2535

Councilor
Group Icon

Heh, he was probably planning on keeping Sylgja’s extra warm greeting to himself. Too late! laugh.gif

This may have been the original plan that I forgot, but assuming that Marcurio is not already his steward and just following at present, Jerric will go adopt the street girls from Whiterun and Windhelm on Sylgja’s behalf, then recruit that orc ranger to be his buddy Bulsakh. If he makes the orc his steward then they will all be living there as a family and Jerric can come visit for some home cooked meals. So long as he doesn’t sleep there. Then he would have to do some explaining.

Renee, I haven’t had trouble with the PS4, but when the time comes to buy another console I am going with an Xbox. The PS4 is very limited for mods and the like. I wish I had the Xbox instead.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 14 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #2536

Councilor
Group Icon

Fredas, 8:08 AM, 19th of First Seed, Year 203 Lord Haaf Mersey was able to save Thorold Gray-Mane from the Thalmor. viking.gif Lots of gamers did this quest way back in 2011, but here I am just finishing it. Feels pretty good to accomplish something!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 15 2018, 10:49 AM
Post #2537

Master
Group Icon

On PC there's a mod that allows you to recruit Thorold as a follower at the end of the quest. Just sayin'.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 15 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #2538

Ancient
Group Icon

LHM FTW!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 20 2018, 09:54 PM
Post #2539

Master
Group Icon

As a leader of the Dark Brotherhood, Astrid had to be not only cunning, but also distrustful of possible new dark brothers and sisters. Though she had a good feeling about the orphan who had butchered Grelod, some more tests were necessary.

Sybil, as the girl was called, was difficult to track down after the murder, and that was certainly a good trait, because for an assassin it's important to lay low as soon as possible. But eventually they traced her to the Traitor's Post east of Windhelm, abducted her in her sleep and brought her to the swamps of Morthal to repay the debt.

As Astrid soon realized, Sybil knew how to impress. Although she could kill only one of the three captives, she killed all of them without remorse. But this was a test of one's personality, not of skills, and for a good assassin both are equally important.

The first real test was to see whether Sybil would even make it to the sanctuary. Astrid personally was following her, not that Sybil ever noticed it. As she quickly found out, the girl excelled at sneaking but when attacked openly, there was much to be learned, because Sybil had a few close calls with wild animals and occasional road robbers. She was apparently still learning how to wield daggers properly but she wasn't afraid to wield one in each hand. Occasionally Sybil would reach for a bow and it surprised Astrid that she was more familiar with it than with daggers, considering that she had been in an orphanage. She couldn't know that on rare occasions when Sybil was allowed to spend time in town, she'd practice archery at the castle courtyard, imagining Grelod's neck instead of a target. Astrid also found out that the girl must learn some proper moves when wearing light armor. But she was obviously a quick learner, which was important for an aspiring assassin.

As Sybil was getting close to Falkreath, Astrid left her, and hurried to the sanctuary by a shortcut, to prepare the final test. Before she had left the sanctuary, her husband Arnbjorn captured a wild bear close to Falkreath and had it chained outside the sanctuary. As Sybil got closer, Astrid released the bear and the starving animal lunged at the girl. Yet Astrid was nicely surprised once again - Sybil obviously poisoned her dagger because the bear became considerably slower after the first strike. Probably when Sybil stopped in Whiterun, where Astrid didn't follow her, she concocted a poison. After a few more strikes the bear was dead.

Sybil passed both tests which pleased Astrid. Although she had many things to learn, Astrid was convinced that Sybil will be a great contribution to the dark family. If she had followed her behind walls of Whiterun, Astrid could witness another deed which would please her. To prove to herself that she can do it, Sybil fired one single arrow at Belethor as he was on his nightly stroll - and one arrow was more than enough to end the merchant's life. Nobody saw her but patrolling guards would sooner or later discover the corpse and start investigating. But by then Sybil was already back in the Bannered Mare, flirting with Jon Battle-Born, until they eventually ended up in her rented room and so Sybil earned an alibi for the night. It was thanks to the conversation between Olfina Gray-Mane and Jon Battle-Born which Sybil had overheard earlier. If Olfina had time for Jon this evening, Sybil couldn't carry out her plan but with Olfina being too busy for Jon, it wasn't difficult to seduce the hurt Battle-Born.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 21 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #2540

Councilor
Group Icon

Sybil did what a lot of mine WANT to do with Belethor. Man says some pretty rude things about daughters and sisters. mad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 125 126 127 128 129 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:46 AM