Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 648 649 650 651 652 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Decrepit
post May 5 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #12981

Master
Group Icon

My original quiz posting now appears a page ago (in my browser at any rate). I take the liberty of posting it again on this new page. Sorry for a bit of redundancy.

ADDENDUM: Oh yeah, please confine solutions within spoilers.

1. THIS QUESTION IS NOT INCLUDED. My xerox copy blurs a critical time designation.

2. Do they have a 4th of July in England?

3. How many birthdays does the average man have?

4. Why can’t a man living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina be buried west of the Mississippi River?

5. If you had only one match and entered a room in which there were an oil-burner, a kerosene lamp, and wood-burning stove, which would you light first?

6. Some months have 30 days, some 31. How many months have 28 days?

7. If a doctor gave you 3 pills and told you to take one every half-hour, how long would they last?

8. A man builds a house with 4 sides to it and it is rectangular in shape. Each side has a southern exposure. A bear comes lumbering by. What color is the bear?

9. How far can a dog run into the woods?

10. What 4 words appear on every denomination of U.S. coins?

11. I have in my hand two (2) U.S. coins which total 55 cents. One is not a nickel, bear this in mind. What are the coins I have?

12. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but nine dies. How many did he have left?

13. Divide 30 by ½ and add 30. What is the answer?

14. Two men play checkers. They play 5 times without a draw game and each man won the same number of games. How do you explain this?

15. Take 2 apples from three apples and what do you have?

16. An archaeologist claimed he found some coins dated 46 B.C.. Do you think he did?

17. A woman gives a beggar 40 cents. The woman is the beggar’s sister, but the beggar is not the woman’s brother. How come?

18. How many animals of each species did Moses take aboard the Ark with him?

19. Is it legal in North Carolina for a man to marry his widow’s sister?

20. What word in this test is mispelled?

Those attempting to solve the quiz themselves should NOT open the below spoiler box, as it contains Grits' solutions as well as my comments on several of them. You are warned. heh

QUOTE(Grits @ May 5 2017, 07:38 AM) *

Neat! Well, let’s see.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: May 5 2017, 04:41 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 5 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #12982

Councilor
Group Icon

The correct answer to 2 is No, they have July the 4th.

The answer to 3 is 0.9993 per year. Those born on Feb 29th don't get one every year.

4. If you're in Winston-Salem, you can't call that living.

5. the room, using the electric switch on the wall. Then I could at least see what I'm doing.

8. Plaid. Everyone knows that plaid is required uniform for lumbering.

The answer to 12 assumes that the remaining 9 have not fled from the plague.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 5 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #12983

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 5 2017, 10:25 AM) *

The correct answer to 2 is No, they have July the 4th.

The answer to 3 is 0.9993 per year. Those born on Feb 29th don't get one every year.

4. If you're in Winston-Salem, you can't call that living.

5. the room, using the electric switch on the wall. Then I could at least see what I'm doing.

8. Plaid. Everyone knows that plaid is required uniform for lumbering.

The answer to 12 assumes that the remaining 9 have not fled from the plague.

Most interesting. Have you considered running for US Congress? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Decrepit: May 5 2017, 04:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post May 23 2017, 03:33 AM
Post #12984

Master
Group Icon

I just had me a cup of Joe just now, I need my caffeine fix for the day biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 7 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #12985

Paladin
Group Icon

I am leaving later today for another semiannual pilgrimage to visit Acadian Sr who lives several thousand miles away and is coming out of his 97th winter. I will be without internet, so shall miss chorrol while I’m gone. I look forward to returning in a week and catching up with everything here. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 7 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #12986

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 7 2017, 06:30 AM) *

I am leaving later today for another semiannual pilgrimage to visit Acadian Sr who lives several thousand miles away and is coming out of his 97th winter. I will be without internet, so shall miss chorrol while I’m gone. I look forward to returning in a week and catching up with everything here. smile.gif

Safe travels Acadian! Enjoy your time with your Da!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 7 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #12987

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 7 2017, 07:30 AM) *

*sniff, sniff*
IPB Image

(But that said, I am so glad you still have this time to spend with your Father. Treasure these moments as long as you can!)

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 7 2017, 03:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jun 7 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #12988

Master
Group Icon

I put some vanilla crown royal in my coffee this morning and with the chocolate creamer this morning's coffee was awesome!!!

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 7 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #12989

Councilor
Group Icon

Safe journey, Acadian! I hope you have a great trip. We'll make sure the coffee is hot for your return. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 8 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #12990

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow, 97? My gammy is a youngster with her mere 93 bigsmile.gif

All the best to the traveler and his dad!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 8 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #12991

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jun 8 2017, 09:32 AM) *

Wow, 97? My gammy is a youngster with her mere 93 bigsmile.gif

All the best to the traveler and his dad!

I've a married aunt/uncle combo, the uncle being my dad's younger brother, in their early nineties. The aunt was admitted to a nursing home a while back, after falling and breaking a hip, I believe???? Don't know if that was supposed to be a permanent arrangement. She might be home now for all I know. Up until the fall their health had held up amazingly well. They were the last of our family to keep in touch (through my brother). Several years back I stopped receiving holiday cards from them when they great reduced the number of folk on their communications list. Since then I've known what little I do of them by what my brother remembers of their rare phone conversations. (He used to visit them once a year prior to Xmas. So far as I know that ended last year.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 24 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #12992

Master
Group Icon

Had an inhouse tournament at the gym today, Sambo rules. We had visitors from other gym participating, 15 people in total, and it was... Damn, I am so in love with the sport after it to be quite honest. I should've started earlier! I copped 2nd place in my weight division but getting there was a total war. Case in point, my first opponent was a Judo black belt. Let me repeat that, my first taste of competitive combat was against a guy who's practically light years ahead of me in terms of not only technique and experience, but also in physicality as well. He might've been shorter than me, but he was 8 kilos heavier (he's 120kg). Suffice to say I didn't last too long; he easily countered my takedown attempts with either an Uchi-Mata or Harai Goshi. Could've been a straight up hip throw though. Couldn't remember too much. All I do remember is how utterly paralyzing that throw was; imagine 120 kg + momentum crashing you down against the (padded) floor.

Thankfully, after that, my opponents were nearer to my skill level. Not that it was a cakewalk — almost all of them had been grueling wars of attrition. I felt like I was burning while in a knife fight! Almost got submitted several times too!

All in all, it was a very humbling experience. The tournament showed me what I can do, but most importantly it also showed me my limits. There's a certain rapture, a release almost, at having reality force you to your knees and straight up tell you that, yeah? Purifies the spirit and banishes unnecessary ego. I love it.

http://imgur.com/a/DF0yi

Next month, me and a few of my gym siblings are going to join a Judo tournament. It's going to be fun, can't wait.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 24 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #12993

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 24 2017, 10:07 AM) *

Had an inhouse tournament at the gym today, Sambo rules. We had visitors from other gym participating, 15 people in total, and it was... Damn, I am so in love with the sport after it to be quite honest. I should've started earlier! I copped 2nd place in my weight division but getting there was a total war. Case in point, my first opponent was a Judo black belt. Let me repeat that, my first taste of competitive combat was against a guy who's practically light years ahead of me in terms of not only technique and experience, but also in physicality as well. He might've been shorter than me, but he was 8 kilos heavier (he's 120kg). Suffice to say I didn't last too long; he easily countered my takedown attempts with either an Uchi-Mata or Harai Goshi. Could've been a straight up hip throw though. Couldn't remember too much. All I do remember is how utterly paralyzing that throw was; imagine 120 kg + momentum crashing you down against the (padded) floor.

Thankfully, after that, my opponents were nearer to my skill level. Not that it was a cakewalk — almost all of them had been grueling wars of attrition. I felt like I was burning while in a knife fight! Almost got submitted several times too!

All in all, it was a very humbling experience. The tournament showed me what I can do, but most importantly it also showed me my limits. There's a certain rapture, a release almost, at having reality force you to your knees and straight up tell you that, yeah? Purifies the spirit and banishes unnecessary ego. I love it.

Next month, me and a few of my gym siblings are going to join a Judo tournament. It's going to be fun, can't wait.
good that you found something you love doing! Just be safe!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 24 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #12994

Master
Group Icon

IPB Image

Oh, I will!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2017, 06:21 PM
Post #12995

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jun 24 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Oh, that is Awesome !!!! Congrats on your 2nd Place, sounds like you worked really hard to get it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pL6uUYdWbU

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 24 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #12996

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit just got off work and is in the coffee shop, posting in the coffee shop thread. biggrin.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 2 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #12997

Councilor
Group Icon

Rolling through eastern Tennessee on my son's last voyage of childhood, drinking iced coffee through a straw. *waves to treydog and mALX*

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 2 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #12998

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 2 2017, 09:44 AM) *

Rolling through eastern Tennessee on my son's last voyage of childhood, drinking iced coffee through a straw. *waves to treydog and mALX*

Aww, how old is your son?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 2 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #12999

Councilor
Group Icon

Old enough to do most of the driving! cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 2 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #13000

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 2 2017, 09:51 AM) *

Old enough to do most of the driving! cool.gif

Lol, nice!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 648 649 650 651 652 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:03 PM