Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Sep 24 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #281

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 24 2018, 02:25 PM) *

Now that Laurie can make a Hlaalu bat tub, we've installed one - plus a wash basin, and a single, presumably cold, faucet over it - at Sleek Creek, in the "outhouse". That arrangement avoids the need for screening it off, but the other homes need dividers or something similar. I looked at the price of the blueprints for the Dres ones to use in the Saint Delyn Penthouse, and decided I need a plan B. Some of the other homes could use one, too, and I'll be having the same problem, although not all dividers cost an arm and a leg, and Laurie can already make Redguard, Khajiit or Wood Elf ones.

Does anyone have experience of buying random plans from Rollis?

I used to be addicted to buying the random plans from him; but got so many repeats of the same item that when they doubled the prices on those random plans I stopped buying those. It is kind of like the crates, it is a crap shoot whether you get anything you need or want.

Now I just find out the correct name of exactly what I want to be able to craft and then go buy it from the guild traders. Whenever I see anything I like in a friend's home, I stop immediately and ask them for the full name of it and write it down. Then I go to the Tamriel Trade Center and find out who has the plans for sale.

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade

You can type the full name or just type a portion of the name into the "Tamriel Trade Center" site (above or just Google it) and it will give you a drop down list of any items with that word in it = choose the one you want and click on it. It will open up a second page that tells you which guild traders have that item and how much they are selling it for (and when someone last searched for it). It defaults to showing you the most recent finds; but you can click on "Price" to sort it by lowest price too.

That way you are only buying what you want, not relying on the RNG to give you something you might (not) need or want.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 24 2018, 07:58 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 24 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #282

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry, I haven't rolled the dice with Rollis yet. Jerric has to finish the Vvardenfell achievement before he can buy the Morrowind ones. He is not even close yet. Pog has been buying purple plans at the Guild traders.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 24 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #283

Master
Group Icon

I'm using the TTC to get plan prices, and the nice Dres dividers are more than the price of Autumn's Gate! If Minx decides she wants somewhere larger (like the Ald Velothi Harbour House) then we might use enough to make it worth spending. Or we might put a Dark Elf bedroom in Mathiisen Manor, and use a few.

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 25 2018, 02:47 PM
Post #284

Master
Group Icon

I still roll at Rolis for the purple and blue random plans - we are still getting 50% new plans (new to Maz anyway), the rest we just put up for sale at our traders.

As of yet Maz can't do the Morrowind ones, she has not yet gone to vvardenfell. Phae has the requirement, and we probably could give her the vouchers to hit up the snooty one, but we haven't tried that yet.

At this point, a year and a half into housing, we've decided to not spend any more money on plans unless it is something we are going to use a lot of (and Maz has already learned most of those). If we need only one or two of something for a specific instance, I just send the materials to my housing guild GM and he makes them for me. If that is the case for you with the Dres dividers, ghastley, I'd be happy to ask him to make them for the mats. If you have the mats, I can pass them on to him and pass the dividers back to you.

I am not as heavily into the Alinor stuff as I thought I would be - it's just too German Romantic to appeal to me. It feels like it belongs in palaces of the royalty and not the humble homes of the working class like my gang. The boudoir Redguard style is as fancy as my toons want to get.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 25 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #285

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 25 2018, 09:47 AM) *

I still roll at Rolis for the purple and blue random plans - we are still getting 50% new plans (new to Maz anyway), the rest we just put up for sale at our traders.

As of yet Maz can't do the Morrowind ones, she has not yet gone to vvardenfell. Phae has the requirement, and we probably could give her the vouchers to hit up the snooty one, but we haven't tried that yet.

At this point, a year and a half into housing, we've decided to not spend any more money on plans unless it is something we are going to use a lot of (and Maz has already learned most of those). If we need only one or two of something for a specific instance, I just send the materials to my housing guild GM and he makes them for me. If that is the case for you with the Dres dividers, ghastley, I'd be happy to ask him to make them for the mats. If you have the mats, I can pass them on to him and pass the dividers back to you.

I am not as heavily into the Alinor stuff as I thought I would be - it's just too German Romantic to appeal to me. It feels like it belongs in palaces of the royalty and not the humble homes of the working class like my gang. The boudoir Redguard style is as fancy as my toons want to get.

Bold: I just don't know what you could mean! rollinglaugh.gif

https://imgur.com/efyswak

BWAAHAA!!! Yeah, I'm pretty hooked on it, the Dres and Redoran. And it is too fancy for my characters; but I can't stand it, it is just so much fun to play with!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 25 2018, 04:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 26 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #286

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2018, 10:51 AM) *

*snip*

*snip*

German Romantic is what I call the Gothic Revival style that was popular in Germany about 200 years ago - emphasis on dark wood, light stone, massive furnishings meant to intimidate the common folk - not very comfortable at all to me!

Went digging on DuckDuckGo and found a few images of German interiors that pretty much epitomize that period

Cochem Castle
Bed and Breakfast in a German Castle
Those Cathedral Windows are the inspiration for the tall Palace windows in Alinor (and the Psijic Villa!)
Typical Bavarian Castle Bedroom

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 26 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #287

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 26 2018, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 25 2018, 10:51 AM) *

*snip*

*snip*

German Romantic is what I call the Gothic Revival style that was popular in Germany about 200 years ago - emphasis on dark wood, light stone, massive furnishings meant to intimidate the common folk - not very comfortable at all to me!

Went digging on DuckDuckGo and found a few images of German interiors that pretty much epitomize that period

Cochem Castle
Bed and Breakfast in a German Castle
Those Cathedral Windows are the inspiration for the tall Palace windows in Alinor (and the Psijic Villa!)
Typical Bavarian Castle Bedroom

I was just making a joke, (hence the "roll on floor laughing" emote). I knew what you meant. The truth is, so far it is the only style that they have given us decent building blocks for; so I actually have gone nuts playing with them, which is why I attached that screenshot, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 26 2018, 04:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2018 - 02:55 PM