2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modding for TES
Channler
post Apr 23 2005, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I've always wanted to mod stuff for TES, but I've found it very difficult without tools such as 3Dsmax, and (?) Adobe PhotoShop.. Is there anyway to get around these very expensive programs and use something a little cheaper?

And does anyone know any good links to tutorials on modding for morrowind? The main forums links aren't that great in my opinion..

Any suggestion and additions would be nice!

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Apr 23 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

YEAH! you tell it like it is! :miserable2: :shocked: :miserable2: :shocked: --> :miserable2: :gun: :bullet: :shocked: --> :miserable2: :cyclops: --> :miserable2: :paperbag:

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 23 2005, 03:12 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

HUKAI! GO TYPE IN YOUR RP! NOW!

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Apr 30 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

I bought TES for comp recently. Now im trying to get the constuction set to do what i tell it to do.

But for you all i can say is find a tutorial or just drop it. Cause i heard that this CS is one of the easy ones to operate.
+Quote Post
upia
post Apr 30 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #5

Associate

Well you are right there, of all the editors i have used the TESCS is the easiest, ive used CODRadient, Unreal ed, and they are some powerfull editors but complicated, just play around with the CS and you will soon learn some stuff.

Heres some tutorials for you to play with anyway: http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/index.php?p..._data/tutorials

http://www.elricm.com/nuke/html/modules.ph...rticles&secid=3

-upia-

--------------------
Cool, i have a sig too.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 30 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Well see I got a basic knowledge of TESCS I mean I've made a few weapon mods and what not but I just needed a little more instruction.. you know what I mean?

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
upia
post May 1 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #7

Associate

Well if you have msn you can contact me there: farmbrush1@hotmail.com, if not what is it that you would like to learn, maybe make an island or something?

--------------------
Cool, i have a sig too.
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 1 2005, 02:07 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

lol, I might have to talk to you..

I was fooling around earlier today and I made this island somewhere off the bittercoast region.. I called it imperial city.

Heh, I put about 50 imperial guards there and somehow a daedra was summoned.. talk about a brawl biggrin.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Oozae
post May 6 2005, 10:23 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

So, I just got MW on PC a few days ago and wanted to try out the CS. I look for a tutorial, but couldn't find a good one (or the damn links didn't work..) until I stumbled onto http://66.106.110.151/Morrowind/Thanos_Tow...oomTutorial.pdf. In fact, I wanted to try out the CS today and haven't even finished reading that tutorial because I currently only have one hand at my use and I'm up to the bit where you move around the render window with shift and the mouse... biggrin.gif Moderately priced cookies for all! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 7 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #10

Unregistered

Im still learnin too Oozae. Im gonna have to et that tutorial also. I tried to do the one they give you with the CS but its not very discriptive on what to do. Right now i've just been putting more buildings in Caldera. ITs fun but all i can do is look at a house with no door or windows when i play the game. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
upia
post May 9 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #11

Associate

Well i can teach you how to add doors so they take you to the inside of the house, or anywhere, just add me on msn or pm me here:
farmbrush1@hotmail.com

--------------------
Cool, i have a sig too.
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 10 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

CS is the third hardest editors I've used before. Of course, I haven't used many. I'm comparing it to Star Craft, Age of Empires, NILE, UnrealED, etcetera...
+Quote Post
Oozae
post May 10 2005, 08:28 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=jonajosa]Im still learnin too Oozae. Im gonna have to et that tutorial also. I tried to do the one they give you with the CS but its not very discriptive on what to do. Right now i've just been putting more buildings in Caldera. ITs fun but all i can do is look at a house with no door or windows when i play the game. tongue.gif[/quote]Read up on the tutorial I showed you. It's in there. Or, since I have read the tutorial, I could tell you.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
Chumbaniya
post May 14 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=DoomedOne]CS is the third hardest editors I've used before. Of course, I haven't used many. I'm comparing it to Star Craft, Age of Empires, NILE, UnrealED, etcetera...[/quote]

I agree with you on that one - CS is pretty tough to get to grips with, but then it does give you a lot of power if you learn it all. I tend to prefer the easier editors, usually for RTS games like Age of Empires and Warcraft 3. Hopefully when Oblivion comes out I'll spend a bit more time trying to understand the editor instead of giving up like I did on Morrowind modding.

--------------------
Chumbaniya Has Spoken!

"It's a party. It doesn't have to make sense" - Homer
"To alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer
+Quote Post
Elongar
post May 14 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

The problem is 3d modelling. You can do textures in free programs - like the GIMP, but 3d is harder. I would hope that the NIFLA project (I think that's how it's spelt), will be finished, then we may be able to use programs like Blender3d (free), to model. Not everybody can afford to pay thousands of $ or £ for software like that. I am not, in any way condoning piracy of course.

--------------------
Power of the Shadow made human flesh,
wakened to turmoil, strife and ruin.
The Reborn One, marked and bleeding,
dances the sword in dreams and mist,
chains the Shadowsworn to his will,
from the city, lost and forsaken,
leads the spears to war once more,
breaks the spears and makes them see,
truth long hidden in the ancient dream.
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post May 14 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

the cs is is easy when you get to know what ur doing. ill send a VERY helpful turtorial this way in a minute

here it is! one of the easist and clearest tutorial ive found yet!

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/tamriel/tutorials/

hope you like!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
minque
post May 14 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #17

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Now PLEASE Hukai...no more double-posting...use the "edit" button..... tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Screaming_Dude_In_Vegas
post May 23 2005, 02:26 AM
Post #18

Retainer

Doing everything aside from scripting is easy with a bit of practice.

As for 3D modeling, get a program that is cheaper than 3DSMX, make you models, and the post them up and ask folks to convert them to the right format.

--------------------
I will shoot your dog if you don't read this post.
+Quote Post
Ducis
post May 24 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #19

Retainer

I think the CS isn't that hard to learn: everybody can drag and drop. While the dialogue is a bit harder the scripting part is pretty hard.
I also used Dragonsongs My First Room tutorial, it's a very good one.
I had a good one for dialogue too, but I lost it. I'll look for it and post when I got it smile.gif

I also use the Gimp (www.gimp.org) to edit images, it's much cheaper than PS but still as good as it smile.gif
I also hope NIFLA will be finished, although it isn't going that fast. And when Oblivion is release it won't be usefull anymore sad.gif
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 24 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Interesting. Never really used the CS myself really, but I think it would be too much for me to learn. tongue.gif One, I'm a bit lazy. Two, computers and me don't go well together. Three, I never had the best of luck with installing mods people have made, let alone ones I make, and so on and so forth. tongue.gif

But thanks for the tutorials. They could help me in the future, if I feel brave enough to venture into the modding world. smile.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:03 AM