5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To The North, the warm-up RP
Colonel Mustard
post May 26 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #61

Master
Group Icon

"Doors unbuilt and keys unforged I seek. Paths untrod and destinations uncharted I seek. The eye is the door, the mind the key. Cast now my flesh part of this world. Cast now my bone part of this world. Cast this world, part of my flesh, part of my bone."

Alvara took note of the first part of Kogobal's chant, wondering whether the words were part of the spell as they were for some types of magic, or merely a kind of mantra to help focus his concentration.

"Strand of wisdom's hair is my chart, tongue of ancient dreams my feet. Out of memory I forge the key, with memory I open this door. Door to nowhere, door to everywhere. I step through, look up, and here I am."

There was the uncomfortable sensation of having every particle of her body squeezed into a miniscule space, moved very quickly and then decompressed again, all in a single instant. She stepped back, gasping at the disconcerting sensation and gathering her breath to fight the small surge of nausea that threatened to well up.

She quashed it after a moment, glancing around at their surroundings; they were in a field that appeared to not be too far from Chorrol, the city's thick stone walls in sight. The slowly rising sun was shining down above them, and the ploughed furrows of dirt were slightly damp with morning dirt.

"That was...unusual," she said after a moment. "Takes a bit of getting used to, I think."

She glanced around her surroundings, and her eyes widened as she saw Vaultren approach. His greeting was warm enough, but she immediately balked at his suggestion of travelling together.

"I'm not so sure about that," she said. "We found that note about you, Vaultren, and if it's the same to you I'd rather that you stayed away from us; I don't want you bringing the Thalmor down on our heads for no good reason."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 28 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

"Takes a bit of getting used to, I think." Alvara responded which made the Altmer chuckle.
"It certainly isn't the kind of thing one picks up one morning after a trip to the market." He joked. Any further applications of humour were cut off however by the sudden approach of a man. Kogobal stared intently at the man, convinced that he'd seen him before. The Imperial's casual suggestion they'd travel together to ease the burden and Alvara's cold reply confirmed his suspicions. The man was Vaultren.

Kogobal reviewed his options quickly while Vaultren drew near with a casual gait that belied the aura of fear he cast out over them.
"Where's my next anchor? Three hours south from here. No, forget that. Dragging three people takes far too much time and effort. Then what? Fight, ignore?"
"Your err...disagreements with the Thalmor are none of my business. Still, I agree with the lady Alvara. I think we'd all feel more comfortable if you gave us at least a very persuasive reason for letting you in. Like most people, we get rather nervous around...those who have settled a violent dispute." He coughed.

"Really, if you'd just walk away right now, my heart would stop racing."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 29 2012, 04:44 AM
Post #63

Master
Group Icon

Vaultren finally was able to crack a smile as Alvara rejected the idea of them traveling together. She added that they were aware of his predicament with the Thalmor due to the note they discovered. He feigned the accusation with a cynical smile, and a brooding chuckle. He sought no reason to lie for what he had done, considering there were not many men named 'Vaultren' in the world, let alone the same town in the same tavern. Lying about his murder was out of the question.

"Love, I am a hard man to detect. I know the Thalmor just as I know myself, and you can trust me when I say that you are not a perceived threat. In any manner, were you not so eager to travel with me alone without qualm or hesitation? They will be expecting to find a lone Imperial man. If we walk together, the chances of being undetected is much greater."

The High Elf, Kogobal spoke now. Vaultren shot him a glance, with a mild expression of distaste and hostility. Is this man serious?Vaultren already had a hatred for the Thalmor, and even less the Altmeri race. But his aggressive visage softened somewhat as he searched for his own words. "If I recall correctly, it was my idea to travel. Alvara agreed to accompany me to Skyrim, yet you intruded in our conversation."

He paced around, glancing at the Breton bard briefly before looking back at the High Elf. "I will not hold that against you. Yet do not expect me to smile knowing you plan to exclude me from the travel I initially had planned. You strike me as a man that would prefer diplomacy over action. I admire that. Yet the dispute with the tavern wench was no verbal argument. It was a life or death situation and my life was threatened. I had to defend myself. You must understand."

The Imperial looked at Alvara with a brief smile befitt of a friend. He offered the same to Kogobal and Celdryn. "I can assist you. I am not a murderous monster as you consider me to be. I know contacts in Skyrim where they can offer a roof to slumber under and foods to eat. I confess that I actually own a place there nearby, if you ever consider stepping away from the field. My abode can accomodate all of us."

He stopped to consider more. "If you refuse, the offer still stands. Your academic craving for the unnatural can be sated, I assure you. I am well-versed with the supernatural. I understand gods and Daedra and I have had my share of experiences with some of them. With Alvara's healing prowess, my knowledge and yours combined, we can stand as a formidable team."

Pausing for a moment, he averted his eyes to the Breton. What use was he? "The bard can serve as entertainment for your desires, destroying boredom whenever it plans to strike."

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 30 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Alvara thought for a moment as she considered the case Vaultren made. If his contacts were not some fabrication then it was true that they would be greatly useful, and the Thalmor were looking for an Imperial, and not an Imperial, a Breton, an Altmer and a Dunmer. But the way he had dealt with their agent; that spoke of a disturbing level of savagery beneath that civlised exterior, and one that it would be wise to tread carefully around.

"I was happy to travel with you when I didn't know you were being hunted by the Thalmor," she replied to his first question. "But I suppose you make some fair points. I consent to travelling with you, for now, but if you end up putting us at risk then we part ways. Understood?"
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 31 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

Kogobal was astonished at how easy Vaultren set aside the accusations. He didn't even try to hide who he were or what he'd done. And his rebuttal was sound, from a purely logical standpoint. When Alvara agreed to his proposition, the Altmer surrendered to the inevitable.

"I admit that your arguments hold merit. Perhaps more than mere numbers, my presence will keep the Thalmor's swift and shallow glance away. After all, why would a man of the Penitus Oculatus..." He paused as the unfamiliar name rolled off his tongue.
"Travel with an Altmer? It wouldn't be the first time I've been called Thalmor by the Cyrodillians. Besides, we're all taking the same path so avoidance would be difficult. So I shall honour the original agreement, sir Vaultren." He then continued with a bow and gestured towards Celdryn.

"As for sir Minan'Kherus, if he wishes to join us, I am certain he will be no impediment." After all, what man could attain so many scars without any fatal or debilitating injury? Kogobal reckoned that the bard was a man with luck at his side, or more skill than his light demeanour let on.

Figuring that they'd stood there for too long, he began to follow the road but did not step on it. If the Chorrols decided to send a horsebound patrol, looking for an Altmer and a Dunmer, he'd rather be out of sight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 2 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #66

Master
Group Icon

The Breton felt a thousand aetherial hands slowly take hold of every fiber of his being. Gone was the dirty alley of which they had the shadows' sanctuary, and Celdryn found himself in a realm of abstract mists and colors where all of it whirled to an alien wind. No ground to stand upon. No direction whatsoever. The eldritch wind threatened to tear apart the whole being of Celdryn, but the firm grasp he had on Kogobal ensured that it would not be so. Althought there were no Kogobal, nor Alvara, to be seen in this strange plane. Only their hold and the thundering chant of what Celdryn thought be Kogobal's. The ending of the chant heralded an explosion of senses, and Celdryn's eyes were blinded by the sudden surge of Nirn's local fauna; the scent of the wind-swept grass, the musk of soil, the fruity aroma of Chorrol's forest, and the pure sunlight of Magnus. Celdryn released his hold of Kogobal and staggered, suddenly unaccustomed to his native surroundings.

He coughed out a wad, and looked at the High Elf. He smiled.

"One hell of a ride, that. Could do with a little editing, though. Feels as if though I went through several hells of acrobatics before falling from the sky. Or maybe I'm just not agreeable with magic, and she with me. Kinda like a partnership I had with some individual past; but somehow it worked, like right now." It seemed to Celdryn that his body still had a form of realm-lag, as from the bottom of his stomach, a rebellion stirred. He, trusting experience, did not choose to resist it and very quickly distanced himself from the two elves and emptied his system with his breakfast. Only that he remembered that he didn't had bre3akfast, and what he gorged out was liquor of yesternight. Another thing he remembered that the potion he drank was for headaches only, and that his body still ran its natural course. And so he kicked himself mentally while he purged himself of the night's rush. He finished, and from his pack he procured several mints herbs chew on. Say what you will about Celdryn; he still valued hygiene. Specifically, he valued his roguish looks. It wouldn't do to charm a trader if your breath smells like a Nord's on a very bad day.

And so he made his way back to the elves, intent on resuming their journey, when someone made an appearance.

Vaultren.

He kept silent during the exchange and simply hovered around them, eyes narrowed at the Imperial, hands twitching, making up his mind whether to attack or simply forgive and forget. When the Imperial focused a remark on the 'bard', the Breton scoffed (and noted that his breath smelled nice).

"Entertainer, you say? I really think that all of us here know that I'm not your usual airhead waxing poetry about flowers and maidens with bosoms the size of melons. Just as you not being an ordinary Imperial citizen, hmm?" Here his tone dropped. "I should've known in the Inn. I could smell something fishy on you the moment I laid my eyes on you. Even now, I could sniff it. You might be right in saying that the Thalmor are unlikely to find a wanted man in a party of four; but who's to say that party of four becomes a party of one? You might be formerly a Penitus Oculatus agent, but a murderer is still a murderer. The thrill of extinguishing life is sculped in his senses and that is something he can never get rid of, no matter how collected he seems to be. The greatest fiend is the brightest angel, after all."

He drew hsi twin blades, the green Wicked and Delight, and the audible sharpness of them made Celdryn smile. The rush he felt earlier at the Inn was denied to him. He could get it back from this Imperial and solve some trust-issues. He gave a sinister grin.

"Prove it to me that you conquered yourself, Imperial. Let us see if you can keep yourself when the enemy is broken down before you, bloodied and beaten. I will consent if you pass this test in my eyes. Until then, think of me as the hungry wolf and you the frail, little lamb!"

He charged.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 2 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

The former Oculatus agent looked at Alvara with a gentle smile, before bowing his head. "Understood. It is not my intent to harm friends, Alvara, only those that are evil enough to try to make an attempt on my life."

Kogobal spoke, reluctantly but surely, agreeing to travel alongside Vaultren with the other group. Gracefully bowing, Vaultren smiled without showing anything. it was more of a grin as he spread his arm wide while his stomach was folden. "And in honoring the agreement, you honor me, Sir Kogobal."

It was over, it seemed at first. The rocky relationship between them at least had been rectified to a minimal extent. Vaultren knew they looked upon him with scorn and caution for the reason that he killed a woman. But do they not understand that this was an act of self-defense? Vaultren recalled the moment where he ehard her pull a blade from her concealed sheathe, and leaping out to attack him. He had no choice but to viciously fight back. And that he did, but he would not be stomped upon my moralists and their pacifistic ideals.

Vaultren followed Kogobal down the street, his hand slowly moving away from his sabre. He tried to make conversation, to further explain the reason why the woman named Sasfiel was slain by his hand. Yet, someone halted him. It was the Breton bard, Celdryn. The Imperial turned around to listen to the enraged rogue, who berated him with titles such as "murderer" and "fiend". It was plain obvious that among the others, Celdryn did not trust Vaultren, and was intent on using force against him!

The Imperial instinctevely reached for saber the moment the Breton brandished his twin blades. Of course, Vaultren was not taken aback and was not intimidated. If there was any skill he possessed, it was the skill in the art of the sword. Granted, Celdryn had two blades, yet Vaultren held knowledge to defend himself against a swordsman. Was it not enough to use a single blade? THe Imperial could not believe his ears when Celdryn made it clear he was testing him. Even going as to compare himself to a wolf, and Vaultren, to prey.

Unwilling to argue, Vaultren drew his sabre, forming a rapid X in the air in a flourish. Finesse. Gallantry. Efficiency, Vaultren pondered on the words. The cold handle calmed him. It was solid. Familiar. "I am no murderer, but I shall defend myself if I have to."

And so Celdryn attacked with the fury of a madman and the adrenaline of a skooma-drinker. Vaultren responded with the calm, collected motion of a dove, but within him was the concealed hate and the anger that influenced his would-be attacks and counter-attacks. He considered using a flame spell or a more grittier power, but he struck against it. Celdryn was not to be killed. As Celdryn accelerated forth, Vaultren arced his blade up, maneuvering behind it as he stepped into the defensive. He was not sure how skilled the Breton was, but he would sure find out.

With a flick of the wrist, Vaultren feined his defensive attack by piercing his sharp blade forward toward Celdryn, aiming straight at his shoulder in a quick manner.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 2 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

The Imperial had a saber. A damned saber. He even let out a show of skills when he cut a quick X in the air, before falling back in a defensive stance. By this time, Celdryn has slipped into the black area of his mind where nothing mattered except for the thrill of flirting with death. Eyes awide and the emeralds burning in a green fire, from his throat a husky approval of the current situation.. Celdryn howled and laughed like a madman as he charged towards the Imperial who had the indomitable poise of a stallion, prepared to meet the bullrush of a mad tiger. What use has the steel saber against the orc-touched blade of Delight who has shed blood in gallons, let alone its serpentine-cousin, Delight, who has erased lives with shadows' aid? These two are deadly enough in the hands of Celdryn, who fights with the grace of Sheogorath, and today shall see that battle-rust he accumulated as a bard shall peel from his system.

Within twenty feet of his opponent, Celdryn ended his dash in a jump, the Twins ready to give a lethal slash, but the Imperial was suprsingly quick and thrust his saber forward. The momentum of the rush and Celdryn's brief frozen disbelief in something so fast gave clearance to the Imperial's move; a long, deep slash engraved itself on the Breton's right thigh, and from a promising start of a fight-ending move ended in a crash-landing. Fortunately, the years of scaling walls and falling from them indrilled something in Celdryn; in a second after he received the slash, he twisted his body to a clockwise sommersault in mid-air, (managing to sneak a retort with a slash to the Imperial's back also in mid-air) and landed heavily in his good leg, behind the Imperial. He wasted no time on charging him, but found to his dismay that the wounded thigh was slightly slow. The bleed was quite heavy for a glancing slice.

Celdryn hissed. And resumed his charge, this time engaging the Imperial in an intense ground duel.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 2 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

There were many times where Vaultren admitted he was surprised by his adversary, this was one of those times. He was not expecting the aggressive bard to summersault over him, managing to cut his back in the process. While the wound was not as significant as the one he inflicted on the Breton bard, it still meant he allowed his position open. The sharp orcish blade had done minimal damage, but a well-placed blow from the opponent could be quick and efficient, for Celdryn was eager to destroy him. And even a brute with no skill or training could best an opponent who had worried too much about ettiquette in the midst of a physical confrontation.

The mad rogue laughed and howled with the insane drivel of a crazed pshycho. His true colors, through this duel, was being shown. Vaultren wondered briefly what Kogobal and Alvara were thinking. All this time they did not trust him, confiding in a man who was eager to unsheathe his blade and to spill blood.

Vaultren knew well had to deal with acrobatics. He had fought against khajiiti martial artists, fancy necromancers and even relatives in a friendly contest, but he saved his dwindling strength. He cherished the stamina he held. He would not fatigue himself by leaping off of the ground in summersaults or side flips, such things at that particular moment were uncalled for.

He had time to turn around and prepare himself for the next wave. Celdryn's braying were not in his favor, as they notified Vaultren the precise moment in which he would attack. The fine saber flourished in his hand, the metal ingrained with folded silver and an intricate handle made of strong filigree.

The Imperial glimpsed blood tainting the Breton's hips, and he maintained a stoic expression as Minan'Kherus attacked him. A seething feeling washed over Vaultren, but his voice was fair and even, absent the bloodlust of a madman. "Hypocrite! It is you who seeks the thrill of taking a life."

Vaultren saw the incoming Breton, green fire in his eyes. Using his basic movements, he parried the incoming blow with his saber, only to maneuver his wrist simotaneously as his body, twirling around to slash toward the back Breton's leg to temporarily maim him . His voice rising with concern. He attempted to stop the battle. "Do not make me destroy you, Breton. Sheathe your blade!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 3 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

Celdryn laughed when the blow was parried; he laughed also when the Imperial went for the basic hamsting movement. The crippling slice was no better than the earlier one he sustained on his knee, deep and blood-letting, but the Breton was on a rush. No, that didn't quite hit the nail on the head. He was absolutely flying high. The hold of adrenaline was beginning to sink its blessed fangs on his mind. And to show how thoroughly nothing mattered for him except for the brushes of death, Celdryn used his wounded right leg to kick the Imperial on the jaw, and used his face as leverage for another spinning kick, this time from his left leg, aimed at his temple. Once again, however, it was a nanosecond slow for he was wounded, but Celdryn didn't care. He jumped away before the reach of Vaultren's saber could whip out a revenge.

"And so said the lamb to the hungry, hungry, wolf. 'Don't make me destroy you!'" The Breton let out a series of sharp, barking laughter. He drew from the shadows of his cloak six, small daggers, all of which were poisoned. With speed, he threw them, and with them, he charged straight at the Imperial. However, this time he would no longer retreat. No longer do any flashy moves. No longer be a sideshow for the two elves.

This time, he would go out in all-out grab for Vaultren's defeat, and he would have the notch on his blade be given another one. Such was the delight from which he took from that thought that Celdryn laughed like mad hyena all the way.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 3 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

Alvara had expected questions and accusations from the other two when Vaultren had appeared, just as she had had questions. What she had not expected was for Celdryn to simply step forward, draw the his twin daggers and attack Vaultren.

The combat between the two was vicious and swift, Celdryn lunging towards Vaultren to stab at him before darting out of the reach of the Imperial's more disciplined counters with his sabre. The Breton was almost manic in his approacht to combat, hurling out taunts, cackles and boasts along with slashes and stabs from his dagger.

Alvara knew that if she didn't step in soon, one of them would almost certainly end up dead. She got an opportunity to step is as Celdryn drew back from the combat and hurled a set of throwing knives towards Vaultren; she didn't see where they hit, but as he charged forwards, cackling madly, she stepped forwards and threw out a sleep spell. It wouldn't be enough to put him under, not in this agitated state, but hopefully it would be enough to disorient him and to cool his irrational madness.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 4 2012, 05:01 AM
Post #72

Master
Group Icon

The flaw in Vaultren's fighting style was not lack of skill or discipline, but lack of malice. He held back from using force for the sole reason to keep Celdryn alive. Alvara and Kogobal did not trust him, and what would happen if he mercilessly slew the Breton? The fight was drawing on with Vaultren, and he was reserving his strength lest he be worn out by the current time. The Breton had made an attempt to kick the Imperial in the face, but failed when Vaultren knocked his head back before he was hit.

Before Vaultren could react, Celdryn opened his cloak and threw sharp daggers at him. It was this moment where fury grew within the Imperial, nearly festering. He could use his hand to halt the Breton, to suspend him and draw the life from his very body, but he held back. He could of maneuvered his blade and decapitated him, but he struck against it. Vaultren swung his sword, parrying the flying blades. Three missed him by a few inches, one made its mark by striking against his shoulder blade. The sharp tip was undoubtedly coated in poison, yet for Vaultren's resistance from his previous years, it meant nothing. Annoyed and angry, Vaultren would take on the offensive to deliver the killing blow. He ignored the mad ramblings of the psychotic creature and stood there, awaiting the charging man. The dagger still stuck in his body.

Alvara stepped in, without warning, casting a spell of sorts towards Celdryn. Vaultren took advantage of this and interefered. He did not have time to see if the spell had fell upon him or not, but he acted upon it. Two feet from the accelerating Breton, Vaultren twisted, performing a powerful leg-sweep. If he were armored, this would of been much more difficult. The Imperial was going to put an end to this fight. Now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 4 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #73

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

Like before at the inn, surprise made his body and mind sluggish. It was madness! Right when they'd seemingly averted conflict with the dangerous Vaultren, Celdryn recklessly threw himself into battle. And to what end? To avenge a minor insult?

Kogobal's first realization was that Vaultren may not be the only mentally unstable person in his presence. Then he set forth to think of how to stop the fight. He stepped forward to put his staff between the two but drew back again, unwilling to risk harm to his most valuable tool.

"Then what? Spells? I know how to improve a man's abilities, but not how to stop them. I know how to summon the Atronach, but that would surely escalate this nonsense, not stop it...I need to keep them apart, yes."

"Cease this violence at once! For virtue's sake, do you want to get the Chorrol guards involved?! They've got watchmen on the walls, you know!" He shouted at the two madmen. When that didn't help and Alvara moved to intervene, he decided to cast his spell. He took hold of the air between the men, squeezing it together into an invisible barrier. It was a hard task, one that required both time and a delicate touch. Celdryn and Vaultren twisted and spun, throwing off his aim, forcing him to begin anew.
"Stand still, you N'Wah!"

OOC: So yeah, I apparantly got stuck with this big brawl and Kogobal just standing there like a statue. To fix that, I made him slow. Meh, I can work with that as a character-trait.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jun 4 2012, 09:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 6 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #74

Master
Group Icon

Things happened too fast for even Celdryn's adrenaline induced mind to comprehend. Just as he was about to lunge at Vaultren, Alvara stepped forth and hurled a spell at him. Instantly, Celdryn felt weary and bone-tired. Veins that pumped with rage now coursed through his body in a serene tide. With horror, he realized that the spell was some kind of calm magick, and cursed the woman. And then then there was Vaultren and cursed himself when the legs underneath him were kicked with power. He landed heavily on the ground, and the air from his lings, his second wind, rushed out of him and he was left there, dazed and suddenly sleepy. He looked at the Imperial, challenging him to strike the last blow. Things went downhill when suddenly, Celdryn felt an eldritch entity pull him towards the Imperial. He struggled, and the source of the strange magic revealed itself to be Kogobal's, if his thundering voice for them to stay still were any indication.

Celdryn struggled, and the adrenaline began to course through, but to his disappointment, it suddenly died, like a flickering flame to a whisper of wind. He spat out a curse and stood still, unresisting. Alvara was certainly worthy of being healer, that much was true.

"Wel it seems that our fun has ended, eh," he said to the Imperial, who he now smiled at. "Remind me to remind you to resume this once we get in Skyrim, yes? I don't like things being left half-complete."

He then looked deep into the eyes of the Imperial. The green-piercing stare delved deep and searched for any signs that Celdryn sought for. There was cold rage there, but it is to be understood. No. What Celdryn sought, and the reason why he engaged the Imperial in a fight, was the brutal beast that led Sasfiel the wench to her unearthly demise. Make no mistake, Celdryn believed Vaultren to be a man of honor, but the sight that greeted Celdryn earlier in the morning revealed unto him a side of darkness. A side of evil that could explode at any moment.

The darkest fiend takes the form the brightest angel. To misguid the unseeing into a false light.

Celdryn was not among those unseeing ones, and his deep stare delved for any signs of that evil, and underneath his cowl, a slow frown made its way on his face. No darkness in those Imperial eyes. No evil. As if... vanished. Like it never existed in the first place. There were devilish things at work here, but for the time being, Celdryn decided that the search for that darkness would come at a later date.

He then gazed at the two elves.

A slow chuckle rippled into a peal of laughter. Not unlike the laugh of one who has played a trick on them; the sound of his laughter was mischievous, but not malicious. He continued to laugh until his sides hurt and tears formed on his eyes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 6 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

Vaultren listened to Kogobal, but only partially. He was far more concentrated on Celdryn, the evil madman who tried to kill him for defending himself against an assassin. The Imperial leapt to his feet at the sign of a defeated opponent, thanks to Alvava and Kogobal, he had the advantage. He was quite certain he would of continued the fight without their aid in any manner. He clenched his sword tightly as he stomped over to the man.

The Breton's green eyes stared back at Vaultren's, analyzing it, studying it intently. What is he searching for?

"You should be grateful it is not your pathetic life that has ended," seethed Vaultren, pointing his sharp blood-stained blade at the bard's throat. "Your death would only faciliate our travel and ensure our safety."

The Imperial considered striking him down that moment. One flick of the blade, or the thrusting of it would end his problem. Yet, he knew it would also create new ones. Unlike Sasfiel, this man was now unarmed and defeated. There was no advantage in slaying him, nothing to gain by removing him from existance. And Vaultren never killed for petty satisfaction of a sadistic madman. With hesitation, Vaultren sheathed his blade and exhaled as tears were seen in the eyes of the defeated.

He turned to Kogobal and Alvara, a hostile look upon his face. Earlier, he had approached them sans scorn or anger, now the negative expressions but contorted his visage into a monstrous countance of rage and hate.

"You both are fools, for not detecting a true madman when he stands not three feet from you! What I have done was in defense of my well-being," he turned angrily to Celdryn, pointing an accusing finger. "Yet that man tried to avenge the death of an evil assassin who attempted to take my life because I was one of the few who held the courage of striking out against the tyranical Thalmor, when cowards like you drown in your ocean of illusions and meandering drivel! Judging men like me without thought to what truly is at stake and who truly is the enemy."

He walked off to the road slowly, rearranging his shirt and his gear, he tried to soften his insult. " I am surprised dregs like you two are even alive. You should be careful as you sleep tonight, for that creature, Celdryn, is more than capable of slitting your throat as you slumber." He stared angrily at the Breton. "And your only memories to him would be the songs he sings in the taverns of your innocent demise."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 8 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

Bizarrely, Celdryn's reaction to both Alvara and Kogobal stepping in to the fight between him and Vaultren was not one of rage, surprise or, as Alvara thought he might do, to attack them. Instead he merely look over at the two mer and burst out laughing. Vaultren turned his attentions on them moments later; his rhetoric was harsh, chastising and angry. Considering what Celdryn had just done Alvara could, to an extent, understand why he might be upset, but there was a limit to what she would tolerate.

"Fools?" she asked. "Yes, Vaultren we are fools. We are fools for trusting somebody who, right until now, acted like a perfectly normal person. We are fools for being somewhat suspicious of somebody who savaged and mutilated a corpse and then claimed it was merely an act of self defence; in fact, that is in retrospect, a very foolish thing to do indeed. What idiots we were!"

She turned on Celdryn.

"And you...I can't even guess what in Oblivion is going through your skull right now, but by whatever gods are listening right now I don't think I want to!" she said. "You attack him out of nowhere and then laugh about it like some maniac!."

She shook her head.

"In my eyes you're both as bad as each other," she said. "And if there's any more trouble from either of you then I'm giving serious consideration to parting ways with you both."

"I'll dress that knife wound of yours, Vaultren," she said, glancing at the injury in the Imperial's shoulder. "And then we'll move on, if you're both quite done with killing each other."
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 8 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

Kogobal

His spell ended up drawing the two men together instead of keeping them apart. Absently he told himself to make a note of this later, along with his conjecture that it might have been the result of excessive pressure differentials. The majority of his attention however was still fixed on the madmen. And madmen they truly were. As sudden as the murderlust had claimed Celdryn, so sudden did laughter strike at him.

Kogobal's mouth fell open in a mixture of astonishment and revulsion. To think he'd actually thought the man to be goodnatured and sane. He might be the former, but definitely not the latter. As Vaultren turned on them next, thankfully with words instead of steel, he could do naught but shake his head. The Imperial had a point, a good one, if the hypocrisy of it was ignored, as Alvara pointed out. There was also a larger amount of politics in his words than he appreciated.
"I know Thalmor are your enemy, but that is completely irrelevant here." Kogobal grumbled under his breath, shaking his head again.

"Just for the record and so we don't have any more surprises. Any werebeings, vampires, liches, Daedra, ghosts, ashbeasts, robbers, moneyforgers and taxcollectors in present company, please raise your hand." He muttered to himself and then walked to the bard, though stopping at a respectful distance. The Altmer glanced at the man's injuries, then at Alvara who had offered to aid Vaultren. Her choice was simple to understand. Distrusted as he might be, Vaultren had not been the agressor in the fight. And since they hadn't seen it happen, he might actually be innocent in the savaging of the Altmeri lass. Though granted, the odds for that one were not ones he would bet money on.

"Unlike the fair lady, I am no healer. So I'll just ask you this, sir Minan'Kherus. Are you still able to travel?" He asked Celdryn and then added:"If yes, please keep in front of us all. If no, ask lady Alvara. And ask nicely."
His eyes wandered to the Vaultren's and Celdryn's weapons and he wondered if Alvara and he shouldn't demand to take them into custody for now. But he kept silent, unwilling to provoke the two killers. It was unpleasant to be sure. He was unable to trust them with their arms, but als unable to trust their response when he took them away.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 8 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #78

Master
Group Icon

The Imperial ran his index finger along the cut on his shoulder, picking up the red stain of crimson blood. He listened to Alvara as he inspected the hilt of his blade. Half of his attention was to her while the other half was to his blade. He did not trust Celdryn, and the Breton's comment about continuing the fight at a later time only increased his caution. But he promised himself silently that next time, he would surely not hold back.

"The woman was dead long before her body was put into such a condition," he shot at Alvara. "I was a message left, rather than a sadistic art. I can spend eternity explaining to you how innocent people of ages young and old are kept under the inquisitorial torture rooms of the Dominion with no food and no water. How their bodies were ravaged and mutilated as they were awake. Given potions of stamina to prolong their awareness, lest they pass out into a coma and into death before 'information' was ripped from them."

Kogobal, unsurprisingly, took her side. Explaining that the Thalmor being his enemy was irrelevant. Vaultren folded his arms at his chest now, leaning against a tree, awaiting until everyone was truly prepared to leave. When will it be relevant? When the Thalmor put you behind bars and press flaming iron against your genitals?Vaultren restrained himself from frowning at the man's mention of all sorts of nightmarish creatures and men of ill reputation. Last thing he needed was a paranoid Elf worrying about supernatural monsters.

He did not want to bicker any further. He made his point, and that was final. Vaultren looked at Alvara and shook his head. "I do not require your assistance, woman. I can handle myself, if you do not mind."

In the corner of his eyes, he saw the Altmer analyzing his and Minan'Kherus' weapons. It was confirmed that this Mer was somewhat paranoid, and with good reason. It eased Vaultren to know that they both distrusted Celdryn as well, for the man most certainly proved his insanity. He considered giving the man his blade to cement his trust in him, but he struck against it. It would be unwise to give away his weapon while in the company of a psychotic bard.

Vaultren awaited no further as he left the shade of the tree to walk the path of the road leading to the north.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jun 9 2012, 01:40 AM
Post #79

Master
Group Icon

Celdryn kept on laughing while the three said their piece. He wiped the tears on his eyes, and looked at Alvara. There it was. The sole reason why he lunged at the Imperial in the first place. To butcher an elf that way... Wasn't that a little far? Granted, the breton wasn't a sadistic killer that played with dead bodies so he had no experience in such things, but he thought a simple message with the blood of the fallen should be enough.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but I guess you could call it as an advanced reasuurance of sorts. Vaultren is right in one thing though; I'm a maniac and if I wanted you bunch dead, I'll slit your throats in the night, And no, I won't rip out your eyeballs, break the bones on your bodies, or bleed your cadavers dry. I seek fulfillment on the living, and the dead does not fight back. I wouldn't waste any time on your broken clays; but if I was a crazy cannibal, I'd probably eat you."

He then burst out laughing, this time much more louder in volume. When Kogobal mentioned any supernatural beings in present, he simply smirked and toned down his laughter to a chuckle. He'd been a tax collector once. Bad idea of occupation, that was. He then put a finger on his wounds and tested the damage; naught but a little gash, nothing he couldn't handle. The bleeding was heavy however, and Celdryn briefly thought that artery may have been cut.

"I suppose I could use a bandage. Any predators near might smell the sweet crimson happiness of life and decide that I would make a fine meal. Bad idea though; I'm rotten to the core and they may have some intense flatulence in the near future! Esteemed lady of Morrowind, might you be kind enough to heal an insane man?"

He then looked at Vaultren, and all manner of amusement left his face.

"Rant about the Thalmor and how evil they are; don't forget that if you stare deep in the heart of evil, you yourself may become tainted. Or perhaps you are already touched by their shadows? Who knows. Who cares."

He turned away from the Imperial and headed towards the Dunmeri.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 9 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

Alvara merely gave a half-hearted shrug at Vaultren's self-righteous and judgemental defence of his actions, deciding that he was probably as much in the realm of Sheogorath as Celdryn was; the man was clearly obbsessed with the Thalmor.

Of course, it really didn't help that Celdryn kept up that incessant cackling of his, and the arguments he used to defend himself were a disjointed and bizarre as they came. It was when he asked for healing that Alvara could not help but feel a little bemused. 'Esteemed lady of Morrowind' indeed.

"I suppose I wouldn't be much of a healer if I didn't help those in need of healing," she said, reaching for the pouch in her patch where she kept rolls of linen and pulling one free in order to bandage the wound on Celdryn's leg, along with a small surgical knife in case she needed to remove any cloth that she . "Sit down and raise your leg, let me take a look at it."

The fabric around the cut was was sticky from Celdryn's blood, clinging to the gash, and she cut it away before the bard could raise any kind of protest. The injury itself was neatly made by Vaultren sabre, clean, but deeper than it might look, and by the looks of things, had nicked an artery. Celdryn was lucky; had the blade bit any deeper, he would have bled to death by this point.

She took a breath, calling upon the modest wellspring of magical energies that she had at her command and channeling it into Celdryn's wound. The abused tissue at by the channel for blood began to knit back together as the restorative energy flowed into it, and after a few moments of effort she nodded in satisfaction. The wound itself was still open, but the bleeding was now staunched, and she smeared a poultice of compressed herbs onto it before wrapping it in place with the bandage.

"Right, that's stopped the bleeding, and it's best if it heals under its own steam," she said. "You should be able to walk just fine, but go easy on your leg unless you want this to keep causingyou prolbems."
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 AM