Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
King Coin
post May 12 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #241

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ May 11 2012, 08:48 PM) *

The characters were what made the game fun for me, the rate that they open up to you just feel, well almost perfect, I mean compared to ME and DA2, I really feel that DAO characters were more "realistic" in a way, I mean all your team mates, I just freaking loved all of them to death tongue.gif

Not playing DA2 anymore, I'm playing The Sims Medieval....I'm addicted.

I think the best part of DAO was the jokes me and my friend made while playing it. Many of them aimed at a golem called Shale. laugh.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 12 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #242

Forum Bard
Group Icon

If you can say only one thing about Bioware, it is that their characters are deeper than basically any other game maker's.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 13 2012, 02:27 AM
Post #243

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ May 12 2012, 02:22 AM) *

If you can say only one thing about Bioware, it is that their characters are deeper than basically any other game maker's.

Oh yes, like the Male ShepardxKaiden romance(minor spoilers) they wrote it like they were always in love, it's so cute, even my straight friends agree tongue.gif

Anyway, still playing Dragon age 2 and Sims Medieval, I can't advance in DA2 though, my nephews and mom are here, and well if I advance further the Anders romance will show, and I don't think they will like that. SO I'm just side questing until they leave.

This post has been edited by Fawkes: May 13 2012, 03:04 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
Santaman2346
post May 13 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #244

Associate

I've been playing a bit of Skyrim starting a new character under the Dead is Dead rules, I've also been on Minecraft a bit but I'm finding it difficult to maintain interest in the game.
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 13 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #245

Master
Group Icon

Picked up all the Fallout 3 content used the other day and have been working back into the mindset of the the "Lone Wanderer." (grumbles... stupid Talon Company...)

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 13 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #246

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Santaman2346 @ May 13 2012, 04:30 AM) *

I've been playing a bit of Skyrim starting a new character under the Dead is Dead rules, I've also been on Minecraft a bit but I'm finding it difficult to maintain interest in the game.

I've also been playing some DiD characters. So far one has died.

I picked up minecraft for the xbox and I'm finding it addictive. The whole game is like legos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 14 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #247

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ May 13 2012, 01:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Kiln @ May 12 2012, 02:22 AM) *

Oh yes, like the Male ShepardxKaiden romance(minor spoilers) they wrote it like they were always in love, it's so cute, even my straight friends agree tongue.gif

Anyway, still playing Dragon age 2 and Sims Medieval, I can't advance in DA2 though, my nephews and mom are here, and well if I advance further the Anders romance will show, and I don't think they will like that. SO I'm just side questing until they leave.

Yeah I always felt uncomfortable pursuing the romance parts with people around, especially in The Witcher 2, which has incredibly explicit sex scenes. Dragon age had better dialogue though and is intended for a broader audience.

Witcher 2 is definately for mature gamers only but I found it highly enjoyable. Story is great, characters are great, and it is easy to pick up and play while still being complex enough to be satisfying.

This post has been edited by Kiln: May 14 2012, 01:00 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post May 15 2012, 04:36 AM
Post #248

Councilor
Group Icon

Back on Kingdoms of Amalur at the mo...Much fun!!...
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 16 2012, 09:49 AM
Post #249

Finder
Group Icon

I just noticed something, The more facial hair a male character has, the more it takes to kill them. The more anatomically incorrect and back-destroying a pair of breasts on a female character is, the higher their damage output.

Anyway, I'm playing Oblivion! And maybe D3

This post has been edited by Fawkes: May 16 2012, 09:52 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 16 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #250

Master
Group Icon

Diablo 3 and Skyrim!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 17 2012, 01:08 AM
Post #251

Finder
Group Icon

Diablo 3 biggrin.gif, I forgot that I got it free when I did the annual pass.

This post has been edited by Fawkes: May 17 2012, 01:09 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 17 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #252

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ May 16 2012, 08:49 AM) *

I just noticed something, The more facial hair a male character has, the more it takes to kill them. The more anatomically incorrect and back-destroying a pair of breasts on a female character is, the higher their damage output.

Errr...what?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 17 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #253

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ May 17 2012, 04:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Fawkes @ May 16 2012, 08:49 AM) *

Errr...what?

Ah small observation in another forum in a topic called "Video Game Logic"

You know how you get shot with several rockets, grenades, shotguns, but you don't die, but if you fall 7 feet you get killed, yup.

Still playing Diablo 3...kinda, oh and Shin Megami Nocturne

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post May 30 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #254

Councilor
Group Icon

Currently playing Assassins Creed...The plan is to play all four in a row...Yeah...Not sure I'll manage that one somehow...But hey, it's a plan at least...*Shrug*... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 30 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #255

Master
Group Icon

Hey those were fun. To be honest, if you haven't bought Brotherhood and the other one yet, I'd wait on them and see. The last two were ACII with some added gimmicks. That's how I felt anyways.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 30 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #256

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ May 30 2012, 04:11 AM) *
Hey those were fun. To be honest, if you haven't bought Brotherhood and the other one yet, I'd wait on them and see. The last two were ACII with some added gimmicks. That's how I felt anyways.

Basically this; Brotherhood and Revelations are fun, but basically seem to be ACII (I keep reading that as ASCII, as in the computer code...) with some extra stuff tacked on, and they feel kind of weighed down by it come a point. ACIII looks like it should be pretty cool, though I'm somewhat miffed that it's redcoats and redcoats alone who look set to be the bad guys. I mean, for a series that has so far managed to approach some complex historical settings such as the Crusades in a pretty intelligent manner, it's somewhat disappointing that it's approach to the American Revolution setting is basically going to be 'plucky American rebel underdogs vs big bad British Empire.' From a marketing viewpoint I can kind of see the logic, but it does rile me up a fair bit.

Anyway, the game I've been getting into lately is a rather enjoyable little indie title named E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. It's a sci-fi role-playing game/shooter in a similar vein to Deus Ex, developed by the (I think) Russian studio, Streum; the game allows multiple approaches to completing missions, allowing you to approach things stealthily, utilise vairous powerful 'psi' abilities (read; magic), fight using melee weapons or just pick up a set of heavy armour and a minigun and go in all guns blazing. Despite its rather humble budget shining through at times thanks to Streum's status as a very small-scale developer (it originally started life as a mod on Valve's Source engine) and it's incredibly clunky user interface and menu system, I've been enjoying myself on it a lot; the environments are huge and brilliantly atmospheric, with a strongly cyberpunk aesthetic that also carries a lot of gothic ornamentation reminisicent of Warhammer 40000, the combat and gunplay is fast paced and adrenaline-soaked, and while the writing suffers from being wrangled through a translator the world that the game builds is a fascinating and extremely well realised one. In short, well worth the £5/$10 you'll need to pay to get it on Steam, which I think is the only place that it's currently avilable, and worth getting just to give some support and funding to a very promising new game development company.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: May 30 2012, 08:19 AM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post May 30 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #257

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(*The* King Coin)
Hey those were fun. To be honest, if you haven't bought Brotherhood and the other one yet, I'd wait on them and see. The last two were ACII with some added gimmicks. That's how I felt anyways

Too late...I bought the Platinum version of Brotherhood last year and never played it, and Revelation's Ottoman Edition turned up yesterday... biggrin.gif ...

And also...

QUOTE('Colonel Mustard' In the lounge with a lead pipe)

Basically this; Brotherhood and Revelations are fun, but basically seem to be ACII (I keep reading that as ASCII, as in the computer code...) with some extra stuff tacked on, and they feel kind of weighed down by it come a point. ACIII looks like it should be pretty cool, though I'm somewhat miffed that it's redcoats and redcoats alone who look set to be the bad guys. I mean, for a series that has so far managed to approach some complex historical settings such as the Crusades in a pretty intelligent manner, it's somewhat disappointing that it's approach to the American Revolution setting is basically going to be 'plucky American rebel underdogs vs big bad British Empire.' From a marketing viewpoint I can kind of see the logic, but it does rile me up a fair bit.

...Russian-gamey-ness that sounds quite cool actually...

I'm pretty sure that the first one is my fave game of all time...If it's not that...Then it's the second one... tongue.gif ...I actually bought AC in a "2 for £15" offer with something my brother asked me to get...Then it sat there for ages, 'cause said brother made out it was a bit difficult for me...Turned out to be one of the only games I've ever finished fully...(Bar collecting the 600-odd flags laugh.gif )...

And then I did the second one and it was amazing...Loved it...

Such beautiful games...*Sighs*...

But yes, I've heard the "Same old same old" criticisms about Brotherhood and Revelation...But...They were always supposed to be essentially AC 2.5 and AC 2.8...They were supposed to look and feel like the second one...Which is what I'm hoping for...I think...

To be honest, the only thing that put me off them was this online multiplayer thing, that apparently you had to play in order to get all of the story...Sorry, grumpy old hermit alert!!...Don't do online Multiplayer ta...So I'm a bit miffed with that...But hey-ho...

Oh, that and the capture/defend the towers thing...Sounds like it happens too often to be fun...

I'll just get through them...Though it may impinge on my writing for a bit...

What do you mean "YAY!!!"?... huh.gif ...

As for ACIII...It's still early days for the info coming out...I'm playing it a bit "wait and see" with it all...Espescially after all the stuff that turned out to be false with Skyrim...

The wife's getting me it for Chrimby...'Cause I'll wind up missing the NFL season on Sky I pay for, simply because I'm on AC all the time... laugh.gif ...

We'll see about all of us Redcoats being bad...It's them touchy Colonials going overboard, donchaknow... wink.gif ...

They've been pretty good so far on the historicals, I'm sure they'll do us alright this time...

Phew...That was a long 'un...

Said the actress to the bishop...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: May 30 2012, 01:18 PM
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 30 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #258

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ May 30 2012, 01:16 PM) *
But yes, I've heard the "Same old same old" criticisms about Brotherhood and Revelation...But...They were always supposed to be essentially AC 2.5 and AC 2.8...They were supposed to look and feel like the second one...Which is what I'm hoping for...I think...

To be honest, the only thing that put me off them was this online multiplayer thing, that apparently you had to play in order to get all of the story...Sorry, grumpy old hermit alert!!...Don't do online Multiplayer ta...So I'm a bit miffed with that...But hey-ho...

Oh, I'm not saying that they're bad; quite the opposite, in fact. Just a little...extraneous feeling, at times.

And I don't think the Multiplayer thing is necessarily the case. At least, that's the first I've heard of such assertions.

Also, turns out that this Eye game is made by French developers, not Russian ones. On the other hand, I did just hit a point where my character's sanity broke, he grew ultra-paranoid and ended up emptying the magazine of his AK-47 into thin air in blind panic. And another point where he simply started hallucinating. This game is intense, and absolutely awesome...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 30 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #259

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ May 30 2012, 02:16 AM) *

(I keep reading that as ASCII, as in the computer code...)

And now I am. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 5 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #260

Councilor
Group Icon

Finished the first Assassins Creed around dinnertime and pretty much immeadiately started Assassins Creed 2... biggrin.gif ...Booyah!!...Killing and looting!!...Oh yah..oh yah...*Does dance of joy*...
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:55 AM