Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Impressions of ESO By New Players, The Good, the Awesome, the Bad - your opinions.
mALX
post Aug 16 2016, 12:37 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 15 2016, 05:52 PM) *

I am not sure where to put this, so I figured this was as good a place as any.

Is The Crypt of Hearts in ESO? I mean as a place you can go into and explore? If so, I am curious about what it is like. I mean like the architecture, layout, if there is anything unique about it, and so on...

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife....Crypt+of+Hearts

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/...6740408dbc0.jpg

Here is a vid (if you don't mind spoilers)

The player is turning into lightning to fight - not sure which class that is, either Sorcerer or Templar that can do that. They also have a combat add-on causing the hitpoints to float up after each hit (I don't like that, to me it ruins the vid.)

But since this is a group dungeon and this guy goes through it solo - pretty darn awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKoTzy9PqJw

Went back and looked it up, he is a sorcerer like Buffy!

When you see that circle the player lays down in yellow or white = that is a rune. It takes like 2 seconds to arm; but whoever is in that circle when it goes off is hit bad. I've got one from the undaunted that takes a few seconds to arm like that, and have never been able to get the enemy to stay in the trap zone yet. From watching this vid, it looks pretty awesome when it works.

I also saw him use a trap against a few of the enemies - they can't move for a few seconds and are kind of being tortured while he took down some others in the room. You can usually only trap one enemy at a time, and the bigger enemies are immune to traps.

That red circle the enemy spreads - that kills the player in seconds if you can't roll out of it. Those are the enemies you HAVE to fight ranged or die.

The chains that pop up out of the ground with a green circle around them are also the enemy's - that thing at the top of the chain explodes and kills anyone inside that green circle.

I'd sure like to know what kind of staff he was using and what enchantment it had on it! That thing was wicked!

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 16 2016, 01:26 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 16 2016, 01:23 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool! Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 16 2016, 01:38 AM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 15 2016, 08:23 PM) *

Very cool! Thanks!

I looked for the Crystal Tower, but so far they haven't done the big island - some say they are going to put it out in a DLC; but it has also been rumored that the next TES game VI is going to be in the Summerset Isles; so it is possible they won't do it so as not to step on Bethesda toes before their big project is launched.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Aug 16 2016, 04:19 AM
Post #64

Mouth
Group Icon

ESO will do Crystal Tower eventually. Their long term goal is to fill in the whole map - lots of people are saying that Vvardenfell is next, maybe as early as next summer. The next ES game is also waaaaaaaaay off so anything's possible.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 4 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

Hey, is anyone playing the Daggerfall Covenant on the PC/Mac?

Level 13 Redguard Nightblade in Desert Storm fatigues (well, the color scheme I picked for the armor looks like Desert Storm BDUs) still trying to figure out the whole chat/group/dungeon thing and kind of stuck until she reaches Level 15 . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 4 2016, 11:39 PM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 4 2016, 06:30 PM) *

Hey, is anyone playing the Daggerfall Covenant on the PC/Mac?

Level 13 Redguard Nightblade in Desert Storm fatigues (well, the color scheme I picked for the armor looks like Desert Storm BDUs) still trying to figure out the whole chat/group/dungeon thing and kind of stuck until she reaches Level 15 . . .

WOO HOO! Another one joins us !!!!!!! I have two in Daggerfall, but both are mules (just holding items for the playing character).

WOO HOO, Welcome aboard !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 4 2016, 11:53 PM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, mALX. Do you have to be in the same zone to become friends in the game?

First MMO evah. Totally new to the entire group/multiplayer thing. Would like to check it out at least once before I decide.

First impressions is wow, is Daggerfall busy! It's the first place I've reached where my ancient Mac started lagging. Up until then it is running great.

And that chaotic busy-ness is the biggest detraction for me. It's difficult to keep up with everything. I'm trying to figure out chat so I can filter out the zone chat - it's just too much going on there, and a lot of it is, well, crap.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 5 2016, 12:03 AM
Post #68

Mouth
Group Icon

You can be friends with people regardless of their alliance, but you can't adventure with them unless you're both in the same alliance.

The One Tamriel update is coming soon though, which will allow cross-alliance adventuring.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 5 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Well that's good news, because I don't like the idea of asking questions of the zone, given some of the comments I've seen on here. So I'd rather ping friends and ask them, regardless of whether they're in the same zone as me. At this point I don't feel quite ready to adventure in a group dungeon - I can barely manage combat on my own!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 5 2016, 12:21 AM
Post #70

Paladin
Group Icon

In game you can access help from up top of any of the menus (like character, skills, inventory, journal etc) or its default key is F1. The in game help ability is not bad but not terribly in depth. What is nice though is that in a constantly changing world, it is always accurate/up to date.

I hear you about the confusion. ESO is my first online game evah also.

You have to be on the same platform/server as your friends. I'm betting you (like me) are on the PC North America server.

Post your user name and character name here. That way I can try to send you a friend request.

My user name is AcadianPaladin and the active version of Buffy is Buffy the Small. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 5 2016, 12:25 AM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, Acadian!

Yes, I'm on the PC/Mac North American server here.

Hauteecole.Rider2016 is my handle, and Julian of Anvil is my Desert Storm character. From behind she looks like she is wearing the desert BDUs worn in the first Desert Storm . . . Figures!

I'll try sending you one, too. We ought to connect somehow . . .

I'm in Daggerfall right now but not finding any crafting squirrels . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 5 2016, 12:50 AM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 4 2016, 06:53 PM) *

Thanks, mALX. Do you have to be in the same zone to become friends in the game?

First MMO evah. Totally new to the entire group/multiplayer thing. Would like to check it out at least once before I decide.

First impressions is wow, is Daggerfall busy! It's the first place I've reached where my ancient Mac started lagging. Up until then it is running great.

And that chaotic busy-ness is the biggest detraction for me. It's difficult to keep up with everything. I'm trying to figure out chat so I can filter out the zone chat - it's just too much going on there, and a lot of it is, well, crap.

Time zones don't make a difference except whether the other person may or may not be online at the same time. (example: I play with a girl who lives in Australia; another woman in Oregon; and a guy who lives up by Treydoggie. We have worked it out that the best time for all of us was to begin at what (to me in Eastern Standard Time is just before Midnight). As people get tired or having to go to bed in the US; we are dropping off about the time the girl in Australia is getting off to make her tea.

So it is a workaround for different time zones, but doable.

I'm a bit lost on the zone thing, but group chat when clearing a dungeon with friends you are grouped with:

Type the "Forward Slash;" "G" (for group); (Space) ( / ) - that sets you into the group chat for the group you have joined. Your type will turn orange; and only those in your group will see those posts on the chat box. After your chat box offers the orange color, you no longer put the "Forward Slash" ( / ) in, just bring up the chat box and click in the typing area.

To talk to just one person and no one else see what you are saying, you have to "Whisper" to them. The type turns blue for whispers; and they just go between you and that one person - no one else can see them. There are numerous ways to whisper to someone. If they are in the chatbox talking; just double-clicking on their name (in front of one of their posts) will set you to whispering to them.

To whisper to someone nearby you can mouse over their character or get close to them and press "F" to bring up a wheel of choices in how you want to interact with them. (Whisper; Trade With; Invite to Group; Report Player; etc)

If you want to whisper to a friend on your friends list, just bring up your friends list (I click on "I" for Inventory; then click on the "Friends" Icon at the top of the screen). Right click on the name of the friend you want to whisper to. A drop down list will appear (Send Mail; Send Whisper; Invite to Group; Travel to Player; etc) = just click on the one you want.

To talk to everyone out there in your current Alliance area (like if you are needing help in a dungeon) - Click on "Forward Slash;" type in the word "Say;" (space) then just type what you want to say. ( /say )

If you get stuck wedged between rocks or something, type in /stuck

The game will move your character to the nearest wayshrine and charge you for it. If you haven't got enough money the game will take it from your bank.

If you want to get unstuck for free = find a friend in your Alliance or if you are a member of any guilds - anyone in your Alliance from any of the Guilds you are the member = Right click on the Players name (that is in your Alliance territory at the time); choose "Travel to Player" = the game will move you for free to the nearest wayshrine to them! Then you can just activate the wayshrine and go wherever you want to from there.

Also; you can get your character to play out animations using your chatbox. Type the "Forward Slash" and the command you want your character to do; enter.

/sit
/eat
/sleep
/wave
/drink
/cry

(etc) = there are like 285 emotes your character can do!

** Oh = there is no way to filter out the BS on your chatbox; but what you can do is to find in "Escape;" l "Settings;" "Social;" - somewhere in there is a way to get your chatbox to disappear until you hit some key to toggle it up. I use that; and it stays off till I hit any command key for the display. (in other words; it doesn't show up for walking; horse; etc; but does show up if I hit "I" (for Inventory); or "C" (for Character); etc.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 5 2016, 12:57 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 5 2016, 12:50 AM
Post #73

Paladin
Group Icon

Very good! I did get your friend request in the game and accepted so it should be easier to talk in game now. Buffy's L22 and deep in Valenwood. She's a no melee Bosmer bow sorceress and doing pretty well.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 5 2016, 01:16 AM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 4 2016, 06:53 PM) *

First MMO evah. Totally new to the entire group/multiplayer thing.

Same here, I never played one before either - I am loving this game, though; pretty much hooked on the fun of meeting friends in game and playing with them; and this game is awesome enough for solo play to be fun too!

In Daggerfall I've got two Nightblades; one is a male Redguard named Bubba Khan; the other is a female Imperial named Calia of Daggerfall. Both live in the bank and only appear long enough to withdraw/deposit/or research items.

I have characters in all the Alliances that I brought up to level 11-15; then retired them to become mules in the bank. The only two I've continued to play is Misa of Ebonheart (and Calia Lia of the Aldmeri just came out of retirement to play with Buffy!!!)

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 4 2016, 07:25 PM) *

I'm in Daggerfall right now but not finding any crafting squirrels . . .

I can make you armor and weapons at lower levels; just spent skill points to up my knowledge to make Buffy's latest armor (so can now craft up to level 26).

Just tell me what you prefer to use and I'll make it (light; medium; heavy; swords; axes; bows; greatswords; etc).

When it is done I'll send it to you via PM in game or we can meet and "Trade" (Trading is free; mailing takes several posts and costs money per each post).

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 5 2016, 01:37 AM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

@mALX: thanks for the tips regarding chat. I wish I had seen this sooner, it took me a while to figure out how to make the emotes work. Then I had to figure out how to go back to regular chat.

I did turn off zone chat, so now things are a lot quieter in the chat box. I'm not yet sure how to make it slide out of the way, so it comes out only when I need it. I noticed sometimes it does not show the text chat, just the icons for mail, friends, and notifications, and that's what I'm working on right now.

@Acadian: I see you in my Contacts now! And tell Buffy the Small I said thanks for the lockpicks! Picking locks, which was always easy in Oblivion and Skyrim, is driving us nuts here in ESO! Slow fingers, slow reflexes! Ugh! I haven't yet to pick an easy lock, so the picks will come in handy for sure.

@all: thanks for the encouragement. Julian is playing as a Nightblade because she is always so cautious and favors to sneak up on things rather than charging through dungeons. One thing that was tough for us to get used to is to KEEP MOVING! We can't stop and watch the scenery - enemies tend to re spawn right behind us and we have to fight them all over again. That is one thing that is tough getting used to. On the other hand, to go along with the reduced range of the bow (yes, Acadian, we noticed that too), the enemies have a greatly reduced detection range. It's quite ridiculous, really.

We have figured out how to fish! Now we need a Fishy Stick recipe to make Fishy Sticks!

@mALX: I just saw your last post - you must have replied while I was composing my response to your earlier post.

I've been playing the game later at night, up until 1 am before I tear myself away. Not good for my sleep (as most days I have to be up by 7 am) and I'm feeling the effects now. OTOH, I am enjoying learning new ways to play, as this game is challenging on so many levels. Not just learning new ways to do the same old, but trying out new strategies as well.

I do find roleplaying more difficult here, but as I'm still feeling my way, I might retire Julian eventually and start again with a more lore-friendly character. I already have a few names picked out that follow the same theme as Julian's - only more Second-Era appropriate.

Right now I'm pretty good - currently I have medium armor in the Level 8-9 range, though my Rawhide Helmet is Level 12 (I'm at 13). I have a sword and axe at Level 14 that I want to use once I level up. The only thing I can think of is a shield, but I currently have a Bastion of the Dragon at level 10, so it's not too bad. Currently Julian is exploring with a two-handed level 9 axe (Lion Guard's Pride), but wants to go back to sword and board.

As I don't know your account name, I'm not sure how to send you a friend request. Send me one when you get a chance and we'll talk about meeting up to trade in Daggerfall!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 5 2016, 02:14 AM
Post #76

Councilor
Group Icon

Hi, hautee! I’m on the PS4 NA server all alone, lol. Glad you’re enjoying the game! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 5 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

Thank you, Grits!

I'm happy to report that my ESO character has two new friends!

Julian was accosted (in a nice way!) by Bubba, mALX's Redguard mule, in the Daggerfall Bank last night while she was trying to figure out what to deposit and what to withdraw. The storage restrictions are driving us nuts, and we were trying to decide whether or not to purchase more bank space, or a bag upgrade. Thanks to mALX's generosity, not only were we able to resolve that issue, but we also got a full suit of Level 14 enchanted armor that should help Julian work on her other skills.

As a Nightblade, she's been using her Siphoning skills pretty extensively - the drain Health at range is sometimes all she needs to take down enemies. She is not the melee-focused character she was in Oblvion, and her sneak skills are pretty good, too. It helps that the enemies' detect range is so ridiculously short.

Julian got complimented on her Desert Storm Redguard armor - it's just a basic medium Rawhide armor set, unenchanted (as we haven't figured that one out yet), dyed in desert colors (think sand and dirt). From behind, it really does look like the coolgrin.gifU's worn by the US military in Desert Storm. Anyway, she was still Level 13 when mALX gave her the armor, but shortly after that, she leveled up and was able to try on mALX's gear. It's Breton style, not Redguard, but we don't care. She looks good either way! We did dye it in Desert Storm colors, as Julian and I decided that was definitely her style.

I've got to hurry and head off to work today. But I have a short day, so should be able to post some screenies later tonight!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 5 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #78

Mouth
Group Icon

Great to see more people playing the game - and playing together at that!

Bag and bank space can be a hassle at first, and it's worth getting a few upgrades for it. The only thing you need to store in your bank is crafting items. The way the game gives out loot as quest rewards and random drops) means that you also don't need to carry too much extra gear with you, unless it's something you really want to wear.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh how fun to meet Bubba in the bank! It sounds like Julian is off to a great start. The inventory crunch gets better as you earn more gold and can upgrade your bank, pack, and even train your riding skills at any stable once a day for increased pack space if you choose.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 6 2016, 12:10 PM
Post #80

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 5 2016, 05:57 PM) *

Great to see more people playing the game - and playing together at that!

Although I´m a single player kind of raven, admittedly it´s kinda cool to imagine playing directly together with people from these boards biggrin.gif

But no, won´t happen anytime soon from my end wink.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Sep 6 2016, 12:11 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:22 AM