3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character Swap
King Coin
post Jun 17 2013, 03:43 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Grits and I swapped characters a few days ago. I told her how to make Aravi and she told me how to make Jerric.

It’s been a lot of fun to play her character and to see what mine is doing, so we decided to make this bigger.

Here’s the idea: You can post your character(s) and/or play someone else’s. If you are playing someone else’s, keep them true to character as much as you can. It’s more interesting that way. If you don’t know them very well, then ask questions!

You do not have to play a character if you want to share one. You do not have to share a character if you want to play one. It is a lot of fun to swap though, so consider it!

Posting a character here in no way transfers ownership of that character. You won't 'lose' your character. Playing someone else's character does not make you 'own' that character. I do not anticipate this being an issue but I wanted to be sure it is absolutely clear.

These can be characters from any game that is commonly played here.

If a character that you would like to try is not already posted, then send a personal message to their creator to ask. If they refuse, that is their business. Do not try to pressure someone into sharing a character.

Edit: Feel free to share your adventures and post pictures here, but do not post them in the other threads. This will avoid confusion. If you alter someone’s character significantly in personality or appearance, then do not post them.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jun 17 2013, 04:27 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 17 2013, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I love this idea!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 17 2013, 04:10 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

How does this work?

Are you sending save files from the end of character creation, or just lists of slider settings? And what about characters like my own Heidi, who have custom costumes?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 17 2013, 04:10 AM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 17 2013, 04:24 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

@ghastley: Generally, slider positions so console players can participate. I understand that in Oblivion (and maybe Morrowind) that will be difficult. If you want to provide a file for PC players, go ahead. Custom outfits can be linked as well, but you may want to recommend something vanilla that is suitable.

To start things off, here’s Aravi for Skyrim:

Use the default female Khajiit for the base
Skin tone - white (left)
Weight - skinny (left)
Complexion - brighter white (right)
Dirt - None
Scar - 3 from the left (so it's on her cheek)
War paint - 2 from left - black color
Hair - 2 from left - black color
Eyes shape - 3 from left, green color
Eyeliner - black
Eye tint - tan
lips - black
mouth - I think it is the default value
neck - black
PC players, if you know how, reduce her size by 2%.

Aravi is best with a pair of swords. She wears light armor, and is a good shot with a standard bow. Restoration is her best school of magic, followed by Alteration. She is ok at Alchemy. She sneaks a lot and uses the Muffle spell to help herself go undetected.

She does not like footwear that has a sole or covers her toes. Footwraps are what I use the most. She will also go barefoot. She likes bracers over gloves. She does not like helmets that smash her ears (unavoidable on a console so don't worry if you are).

She generally has a very low armor value so she can be difficult to play in some situations. I recommend the Lord Stone for extra help in that area.

More info, see this Wiki link.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jun 17 2013, 04:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2013, 04:33 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve improvised some of Aravi’s gear, but that’s been part of the fun. Also I had to re-create Skyrim Jerric to get his sliders since I don’t have the Face Sculptor in his game. I’ll post my picture of the latest him with the slider settings tomorrow (when I'm more awake). Plus I have some Aravi adventures to share. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 17 2013, 04:41 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

My friend, Shelly Mars, and I are doing something kind of similar. I recreated my current character as a follower and sent the .esp to her. She gave me the stats of her current character and I recreated the character as a follower in my game. So the result is: I have her character as a follower in my game and she has my character as a follower in her game. We have sworn a solemn oath not to go 'out-of-character' with each other's characters.

This gets more complicated. She and I have second computers set up next to our gaming computers that are used for nothing else than a Skype connection between us. We call it our "hot line." About once a week we use this to play a kind of DIY co-op. We do the same quests or go through the same dungeons simultaneously. As we do this we type instant messages back and forth on the "hot line" sharing our experiences.

If she is unsure how to play my character I am able to offer advice in real time and she can advise me how to play her character. I think our next move - someday - is going to be to set up webcams so that she can actually see me play her character and I can see her play my character.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jun 17 2013, 04:46 AM
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 17 2013, 07:20 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

Here's Kayla!!

IPB Image

In a few moments I'll edit this post and show everywhere how to get the sliders just right for my pretty elf.

But in a nutshell,this is Kayla:

Weapons:
Dawnbreaker,
Glass Bow of Thunderbolts,
Arrows with damage above 7

Gear:
Leather Armor/Saviour's Hide/
Shrouded Hand wraps
Shrouded boots
Dawnbreaker
Dress, one that covers up the scarring on her chest

Jewelry:
Wedding Band
Savos Aren's Amulet

Major Skills:
One-Handed
Alchemy
Hand-to-Hand

Minor Skills:
Destruction (Firebolt, Fire Rune)
Archery

Other Spells she uses:
Candlelight
Magelight
Muffle

Shouts:
Ice Form
Whirlwind Sprint

Quirks and Personality:
-Killed the Dark brotherhood early on in the game.
-Will not associate with any other Daedric Prince except Meridia, Azura,and Sheogorath.
-Married to Onmund, lives at Breezehome in Whiterun, although in MY game, Onmund has passed away and she lives in her dream home in the Rift.
-Has a tendency to sprint out of caves where the undead are, as she cannot stand the smell for too long
-Goes hunting for vampires.

I'll add to what Grits said, Kayla has a tattoo on her lower back, the Daedric symbol for Meridia. PC players, if you're playing her, add that if you want to.

Body:
Top two all the way to the left
Weight: All the way to the right

Head:
Complexion, Dirt, and Dirt Color, all the way to the left.
Scars: Second to last on the right, giving her a scar on her left cheek.
War Paint: Third to last from the Right.
War Paint Color: Third to last from right.

Face:
Nose: Two to the left from the middle
Nose Height,. Nose Length, Jaw width, Jaw Height, Jaw forward, Cheekbone height and cheekbone width are all dead center.
Cheek color, Laugh Lines, and Cheek Color Lower: All the way to the left.
Nose Color: Two to left from middle
Chin color: Two to left from middle
Neck Color: All the way to the left

Eyes:
Eye Shape: Three to right from middle
Eye Color: One to left from middle
Eye Height: All the way to the right
Eye Width: One to right from middle
Eye Depth" One to left from middle
Eyeliner color: All the way to the right
Eyeshadow: Second to lest on the right
Eye tint: All the way to the left.

Brow:
Brow type: All the way to the left
Brow Height: All the way to the right
Brow Width: Two to right from the middle
Brow Forward: Middle

Mouth:
Mouth Type: Second to last on the right.
Mouth Height, Mouth Forward, Chin Width, Chin Length,and Chin Forward: Middle
Lip Color: One to left from middle

Hair:
Short Hairstyle. Feel free to give her a similiar hairstyle, but she'd never shave, braid or get a mohawk.
Hair Color: Two from middle, the red hair color.

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: Jun 17 2013, 05:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 17 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #8

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Such a neat idea! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don´t think I´m gonna participate though as my current time with Oblivion is non-existant. I would like to have certain characters as followers though... happy.gif happy.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jun 17 2013, 11:20 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Jun 17 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

This looks like so much fun! Probably won't get involved, though... not yet anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Pseron Wyrd, that sounds like tremendous fun. It’s the keeping-in-character and sharing experiences with the other player that make this worth the time, and you and Shelley Mars are perfecting that! smile.gif

Hollow, Kayla will be the final frontier for me. I don’t recall ever playing an Altmer female in any of the games. Was she married to Onmund in your game? Does she live at Breezehome? I remember that she and Lydia are friends from her story. What do you use for hand wraps, Forsworn gauntlets? They cover the knuckles but leave the fingers free on female characters.

I’m having a blast with King Coin’s Aravi. Here’s what we’ve done so far.

First she did some errands with Darnand (Marcurio) and built Aravi Manor. Darnand is hanging around for a while to help. He owes her. tongue.gif

Here is a picture of Aravi finding Kharjo. She had quite the footrace with his caravan trying to get his amulet back to him. She finally caught up with them in Dawnstar. She was SO happy to see him!

Between dropping Darnand off at the house and picking up Kharjo, Aravi had some business with the Companions. Here she is under the moon. She has not had a transformation yet other than the first one. It’s very different to see all of those Nords through Aravi’s eyes. My wolves are Mikke and Jensa. Both of them fit right in.

With Kharjo at her back Aravi tackled Bleak Falls Barrow for the Jarl. Again it was a different journey with Aravi. She’s both cautious and fierce. I can’t think of any of mine with that combination.

Oh, and spiders! Ugh. Her marksman is nowhere near as good as her one-handed, and Kharjo charged in to close with the big one in BFB right away. Aravi was dancing around knowing that she could finish it quicker with her blades but just unable to do it. Plus the poison was nearly killing her, and she knew that one bite would be the end. She ended up running back through to heal and then healing Kharjo when it was over. Yuck. Poor Aravi!

Here I was trying to get a good closeup and I got this surprise angry face! She was about to go swimming in a pool by a waterfall. She saw the slaughterfish before I took the picture, lol.

Her first unscripted dragon event was pretty awesome. By then she and K had met the Dawnguard and were in the Reach looking for the nutty Breton chick. A dragon attacked them right outside that sort of low dragon lair. We could even see the top of the Word Wall. Aravi had time to chug potions while the dragon was circling, otherwise she would have been hiding. She needs a few perks in alchemy unless we find some gear to improve potions.

Anyway she and K got separated by the terrain and the dragon landed. Aravi was kind of stuck with a cliff and big rocks, but she had some room to move. The dragon could have eaten her before she finished it. (I have the HUD on to prevent sudden surprise death.) She had to decide whether to heal and hope for the best or go out on fire with a sword in each hand. Then she heard ka-chunk from a crossbow and knew that Kharjo had her back, wherever he was. So she went for it. That was close!

Then when it was time to investigate the Word Wall it seemed natural to stroll up the middle of the road relaxing since they had just killed the dragon. Uh, no, this is Aravi, and she is no fool. She Muffled and sneaked up on another damn dragon. Thankfully she got some good lingering damage poison recipes from Darnand since this time they had no “help” from local wildlife (a bear and sabrecat tried to eat her during the first battle). She got the head-riding kill-cam. Woo hoo! Her tail looked awesome.

Now that the Aravi Manor details are in Darnand’s hands, Aravi has a little time to relax with Kharjo. Here’s the best I could do for her warm-weather bikini needs. Of course she also carries her furs for when it’s snowy.

Oh, one last thing. Aravi Manor is a hotbed of danger. She had already had a giant and a dragon attack there. Then last night when they got home the sun was setting so she and Kharjo dashed up to the alchemy tower roof to catch the rays (and for me to take a picture). Then we heard some trash talk from below. WTH? Aravi looked around but couldn’t see anything down there. Then someone said something about being more than just a pretty face.

Vampire attack! At her house! She was not pleased. Also she was not taking the stairs. Aravi made a little leap onto the roof and then just dropped down to the ground. No damage. She is awesome!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Jun 17 2013, 01:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric, a Cyrodiil Nord in Skyrim

Battlemage born under the Atronach

Here are Skyrim Jerric’s Sliders (with no mods):

Body
Preset: 0 (farthest to the left)
Skin Tone: 1 (one click to the right)
Weight: (all the way to the right and then back 2)

Head
Scars: 10
(the rest 0)

Face
Nose Type: 1
Jaw Width: 4
Cheekbone Width: 10
(the rest as pre-set)

Eyes
Eye Shape: 12
Eye Color: far right (amber)
Eye Height: 5
Eye Width: 7
Eye Depth: 2
Eyeliner Color: 2
Eye Shadow: far right
Eye Tint: 0

Brow
Brow Type: 0
Brow Width: 15
Brow Forward: 12

Mouth
Mouth Shape: 1
Mouth Height: 12
Mouth Forward: 8
Chin Length: 7
Lip Color: 0

Hair
Hair: 8
Facial Hair: (all the way right and then back 4 clicks)
Hair Color: 2

Personality: Jerric is an amiable optimist. He talks to everyone so expect the quest log to fill up. He is not wise with his coin (buys expensive wine for Darnand and drinks the taverns dry). Also he eats a lot and tends to sleep late. Although he is a child of Kyne and follower of the Divines, he is also a favorite of Sanguine. Did you know that when NPCs like you they will often let you sleep in their bed? Have fun. (And keep some hawk feathers handy.) He buys drinks for beggars, brawls at every opportunity, and cheerfully serves his time. No murders and no stealing. Just lots of assaults.

Fighting: Jerric keeps a shield and frost spell or blade and frost spell equipped. If the foe looks big he will summon something and spray frost while charging in, then shield bash and finish with his blade. Longer battles get interesting balancing attribute use and the need to separate for a healing spell. Shield bashing gives him room to work. Darnand (Marcurio) also helps by recharging Jerric’s magicka with stray lightning spells (Atronach Stone). Jerric does not sneak attack, but he will sometimes sneak into a new area to make his plan while undetected. (He is an adrenaline junkie but not a complete idiot.)

Followers: Marcurio plays the role of Jerric’s best friend Darnand. Give Marcurio a summoning staff and enjoy the mayhem. They rent Uthgerd’s house in Whiterun. Be careful, it respawns. Only use the furniture for storage (not barrels, chests, or sacks).

Factions: College of Winterhold, Companions. He will not go far with the Companions, and I’m sure you know why. I suggest training Block so that it keeps up with his other skills.

Apparel: Jerric favors steel plate with the Shield of Solitude (it has a wolf on it). He uses a hood in the rain and the full helm when heading into a dungeon. Otherwise he likes the sun (or snow) on his head. In town he sticks to the plainer outfits. On the road he sometimes wears mages robes with leather bracers and boots for comfort. A round shield is a Jerric signature item.

Weapons: One-handed. He carries several. A silver sword, carved Nordic sword, carved Nordic axe, Skyforged steel sword, plus a variety of daggers including Your Soul Is Mine (soul trap). He doesn’t use the daggers, he just likes to have them about his person. Jerric will pick up and try any blade. He prefers frost enchantments even though they are not the most effective in Skyrim. No bows or arrows. He does not know how to shoot.

Spells: Destruction (he favors frost but can use fire and shock when appropriate), Restoration (healing), Conjuration (atronachs). He does not know any Illusion spells. He can cast the mage light spells but uses a torch to save magicka.

Perks and Attributes: Jerric needs Health, Stamina, and Magicka. I’d build up Health first while relying on the Atronach Stone for the magicka boost, then add Stamina to support his shield bashing. His perks are very spread out. Destruction, Conjuration, Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Block (very important), Restoration. It helps to avoid excess crafting so that those Bandit Chiefs don’t get too far ahead of him.

Regarding Alchemy: Jerric freely uses potions to fortify his skills and recharge magicka before and after fights. Although he will shield bash a person to death with no remorse if they’ve earned it, he would not pull the wings off of a butterfly. Alchemy was his first Master skill in my game but the last to get perks. Use as you see fit.

Edited to Add: Jerric has been known to paint his face blue, and he has tattoos that I can’t give him on consoles. If you can, give the poor man some ink. I’m sure he’d be grateful. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Jun 17 2013, 03:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jun 17 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

This does sound cool. What about mods? I am using several that enhance the appearance of my character, so I am not sure if vanilla sliders apply. These might also affect slider settings for characters I import.

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m sure that mods will make it harder in some cases and easier in others. I’d say if you’re posting your character then also post the mods you’re using along with some advice for console players, for example “I’m using X mod which smooths out the skin and adds eyes colors.” Or whatever. That’s where your picture will help a lot. Things like new races and drastically altered birthsigns would be out of my reach to play, but I’m sure there are other PC players who could manage it so don’t let that keep you from sharing.

Oh, that gives me another thought for Jerric’s entry. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 17 2013, 03:33 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ThatSkyrimGuy @ Jun 17 2013, 08:45 AM) *

This does sound cool. What about mods? I am using several that enhance the appearance of my character, so I am not sure if vanilla sliders apply. These might also affect slider settings for characters I import.

I use a lot of mods too and Grits' managed to get my character pretty close. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, for example Aravi’s earrings are a mod, but there’s a vanilla setting that has her hair plus single earrings. So I used that one.

ETA: Here’s an unexpected side-effect of playing someone else’s character. For three days running I’ve been forgetting to eat! That does not happen when I have Jerric on the brain, lol.

This post has been edited by Grits: Jun 17 2013, 07:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 18 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

@Elisabeth: I’d love to try Kayla sometime! Not right now though, I have 3 characters right now. That’s the most I’ve ever had at once. wacko.gif

@Grits: You’re forgetting to eat? Or Aravi is? blink.gif

Here's what Grits' Jerric has been doing:

Jerric is the most reckless character I have played. Because of the random alternate start mod I used, he was plopped down out in the plains west of Whiterun. The first dungeon he did was Fort Greymoor. Inside, he quickly ran into a bandit that was stronger than he was. The crazy Nord lit the oil spill he was standing in and ran outside of the fort. He went back inside after healing up and the bandit was dead. Inside, the man took nearly every weapon he could lay hands on. I’ve never seen so many daggers on one Nord.

In Whiterun he saw a hot woman tending a forge right next to the gate. “Is there anything I can help you with?” hubbahubba.gif He was surprised when she put him to work!

Now this was probably too much planning on my part. Jerric needs to go to Riften to pick up Darnand (Marcurio) and that’s going to cost gold. So Jerric accepts a bounty and ends up with a load of Lunar enchanted weapons. Well, instead of selling them, the crazy Nord wanted to keep them. rolleyes.gif

Despite that and the good time he had at the Bannered Mare, he exited the inn the next morning with over 500 septims in his pocket. Then one of the women in with a market stall called “Fresh baked bread!” I groaned, knowing exactly what Jerric was going to do. He spent nearly 100 septims on bread, cheese, and drink for breakfast. Then the woman told him about someone that would not leave her alone. Jerric was in a brawl before 10 AM.

Later when he finally got on the road, he passed Honningbrew Meadery. He exited that building with less than 100 septims. When I finally get Darnand, he’s carrying all of their money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 18 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

This sounds like a great idea! But since I am playing FO3 these days, not something I will likely be doing soon. Still, it is fun to see other people's adventures with swapped characters. If anyone wants to play Hrafn or D'Eon, or any of my other characters sing out and I'll figure out their sliders. Otherwise I think I'll just be content to read.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 18 2013, 01:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 18 2013, 06:23 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: This is open to Fallout players as well! I know there are other people here that play it.

@Pseron Wyrd: I used my Xbox to talk to my friends while playing Oblivion. We didn't try to go on adventures together like you are, but we did share our exploits in real time. tongue.gif

The latest from Jerric!

After a frustrating trip to Riften, Jerric had the most memorable entrance to the city. When the guard tried to hold him up for money, Jerric slugged him. He got in the city for the cost of One Assault. Off to get Darnand now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 18 2013, 06:36 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 18 2013, 12:23 AM) *

The latest from Jerric!

After a frustrating trip to Riften, Jerric had the most memorable entrance to the city. When the guard tried to hold him up for money, Jerric slugged him. He got in the city for the cost of One Assault. Off to get Darnand now!

Ha! Hahaha!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 19 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Some screenshots from Jerric.

Nord's land

The Atronach

With Darnand

WTF

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:27 PM