Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 99 100 101 102 103 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
mALX
post Jun 27 2023, 03:37 PM
Post #2001

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 27 2023, 10:26 AM) *

Project: Exercise-walks

For what it's worth, here's (link) a Google Earth map (link) doctored to show my current exercise-walk path, now extended to a whopping 2.34-ml. I don't see it increasing much, if any, beyond what is seen here.

Today's walk went well enough. As is often the case, I struggled on the steeper inclines leading to and through the "city" park. Endurance was good; I felt better at the end than when I started out.

Sadly, this may be my last walk-day for some time. Excessive Heat kicks in tomorrow, and will linger for days. Compounding the situation, storms are predicted most early-mornings, the one time of the day there's any possibility of avoiding excessive heat.

Oh yeah; that heat will NOT be good for your bronchial issues at all. Neither will be getting caught in a storm. I do def feel encouraged by your recent upturn in health though; I think you are on to something really good here.

And by the way, WOW!!! I just looked at that link, HOLY COW you are doing a lot of walking!!!! goodjob.gif !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 27 2023, 03:40 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 1 2023, 09:30 PM
Post #2002

Master
Group Icon

Project: Balance Checking and Savings accounts

Checking went about as well as can be hoped for. I forgot to enter one Amazon transaction into my computerized ledger, but that was easily corrected. As to Savings, I normally have no transactions there other than monthly interest. It would be extremely hard to goof this up. I didn't.

Project: Health

Today's exercise-walk was marred by stiff, sore leg calves. My energy level was low too, but I did complete the entire course. On the other hand, today's (pathetically light) weight-lift / Bullworker session went very well, certainly better than Thursday's. (I work with weights/Bullworker every other day. This is the first time I've attempted non-walking exercise in any serious way since late 2008.)

This past Monday I began adding a small amount of well-rinsed minced garlic to my breakfast avocado/egg blend. It's too soon to know if it has any overtly noticeable beneficial effects.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 13 2023, 07:45 PM
Post #2003

Master
Group Icon

Project: Improve health

Added several new lifts to Sunday's weight session. That went well enough. However, Tuesday's session did go so well. Weights came off okay, but I burned out partway through my Bullworker exercises. Thankfully, today's session went well, both weights and Bullworker. Today's walk went well too. Yesterday's, not so much, I walked the entire course, back lacked energy and enthusiasm.

As of now, the entirety of tomorrow and the day after are predicted to be rainy and/or stormy. Then again, today was too, and I had ample time for my walk. I carried an umbrella with me. It wasn't needed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 16 2023, 09:52 PM
Post #2004

Master
Group Icon

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

You will see some familiar names in unfamiliar places. Print version will be forthcoming for those who prefer physical media.

None of this would have happened without the many great folks here at Chorrol. Thank you all, my friends.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 16 2023, 11:27 PM
Post #2005

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 16 2023, 03:52 PM) *

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

You will see some familiar names in unfamiliar places. Print version will be forthcoming for those who prefer physical media.

None of this would have happened without the many great folks here at Chorrol. Thank you all, my friends.

ohmy.gif smile.gif salute.gif goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 17 2023, 12:00 AM
Post #2006

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats, trey! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 17 2023, 12:40 AM
Post #2007

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 16 2023, 04:52 PM) *

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

WHOOP congratulations, treydog!!!! Oh my gosh, this is so exciting! cake.gif goodjob.gif IPB Image salute.gif bigsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 17 2023, 03:21 AM
Post #2008

Ancient
Group Icon

Awesome! Congrats!

--------------------
+Quote Post
WellTemperedClavier
post Jul 17 2023, 03:56 AM
Post #2009

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 16 2023, 09:52 PM) *

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

Gratz!

Did you post your work here on the forum at some point? There are times I'm tempted to post my original fic in places, but I don't want to do so on a site that Google indexes (which Chorrol is, so far as I know). But maybe I'm overthinking this.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 17 2023, 01:45 PM
Post #2010

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(WellTemperedClavier @ Jul 16 2023, 10:56 PM) *

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

Gratz!

Did you post your work here on the forum at some point? There are times I'm tempted to post my original fic in places, but I don't want to do so on a site that Google indexes (which Chorrol is, so far as I know). But maybe I'm overthinking this.

I posted the fan fiction, but only a few excerpts of the original (now published) work. And Google definitely indexes Chorrol... so yes, there is a chance someone's original work could be co-opted.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jul 17 2023, 02:29 PM
Post #2011

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

Fabulous! Just added it to my wishlist over at Amazon UK! Roll on the 28th!

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 17 2023, 06:37 PM
Post #2012

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 1 2023, 04:30 PM) *

Project: Balance Checking and Savings accounts

Checking went about as well as can be hoped for. I forgot to enter one Amazon transaction into my computerized ledger, but that was easily corrected. As to Savings, I normally have no transactions there other than monthly interest. It would be extremely hard to goof this up. I didn't.

Today's exercise-walk was marred by stiff, sore leg calves. My energy level was low too, but I did complete the entire course. On the other hand, today's (pathetically light) weight-lift / Bullworker session went very well, certainly better than Thursday's. (I work with weights/Bullworker every other day. This is the first time I've attempted non-walking exercise in any serious way since late 2008.)

This past Monday I began adding a small amount of well-rinsed minced garlic to my breakfast avocado/egg blend. It's too soon to know if it has any overtly noticeable beneficial effects.

Garlic? Isn't that for keeping vampires away? Did it work? laugh.gif

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 13 2023, 02:45 PM) *

Added several new lifts to Sunday's weight session. That went well enough. However, Tuesday's session did go so well. Weights came off okay, but I burned out partway through my Bullworker exercises. Thankfully, today's session went well, both weights and Bullworker. Today's walk went well too. Yesterday's, not so much, I walked the entire course, back lacked energy and enthusiasm.

As of now, the entirety of tomorrow and the day after are predicted to be rainy and/or stormy. Then again, today was too, and I had ample time for my walk. I carried an umbrella with me. It wasn't needed.

Don't push yourself too hard on the weight lifting, etc. For your own health's sake you have to work in slow increments up to a level, not jump up to it and most def don't try to do too much too fast. That can be detrimental. Hug_emoticon.gif

QUOTE(treydog @ Jul 16 2023, 04:52 PM) *

Writing Project

Challenge Accepted

Awesome!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Jul 28 2023, 11:10 PM
Post #2013

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

Friday night challenge. Relax, with a nice cup of tea and something good to read...

IPB Image

Challenge accepted!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jul 29 2023, 11:58 AM
Post #2014

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jul 28 2023, 06:10 PM) *

Friday night challenge. Relax, with a nice cup of tea and something good to read...

IPB Image

Challenge accepted!

It gives me so much happiness to see that! That is especially so as you are one of my earliest readers from way back in the dawn of the original Trey stories, Burnt Sierra.

Thank you for your support then and for reading this newest effort.

On a "meta" (I think that's the word- still trying to get a handle on this 21ist Century terminology) level, there are currently 4 titles in the Unnamed series.

Book 1- Challenge Accepted
Book 2- Separate Paths
Book 3- Ancient Powers
Book 4- Dark Visions

After that- well, I am not sure. There will be more, possibly for a total run approaching... 6 or 7?

But what matters most is the encouragement and inspiration my Chorrol family has given. THAT is what made actual, independent novels possible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 17 2023, 12:54 AM
Post #2015

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 17 2023, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 1 2023, 04:30 PM) *

Garlic? Isn't that for keeping vampires away? Did it work? laugh.gif

Looking in the mirror each morning while brushing my teeth, I've yet to see any telltale bite marks on my neck, so assume it's doing its job. Also, I've not been bitten by mosquitos during any of this year's exercise-walks.

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 13 2023, 02:45 PM) *

Don't push yourself too hard on the weight lifting, etc. For your own health's sake you have to work in slow increments up to a level, not jump up to it and most def don't try to do too much too fast. That can be detrimental. Hug_emoticon.gif

Have no fear in this regard. I began with what most would term super light weights. I've since added a tiny amount more to "some" lifts, only after the original amount became comfortably easy. A few sessions ago added I push-ups to my resistance routine. That's a different kettle of fish. Even during my mid-late twenties prime, I wasn't all that good at them. It's been decades since I last attempted any. As expected, I now lack the strength for even one "true" push-up. The best I can manage is to start in the raised position and lower myself only a small amount. Any deeper and I crash unceremoniously to the floor. First session, I managed three sets of four each of those. Today's session, my third, I managed two sets of eight and one set of seven, crashing on seven when I dipped too low.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 17 2023, 12:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 17 2023, 03:47 PM
Post #2016

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 16 2023, 07:54 PM) *

Looking in the mirror each morning while brushing my teeth, I've yet to see any telltale bite marks on my neck, so assume it's doing its job. Also, I've not been bitten by mosquitos during any of this year's exercise-walks.

Have no fear in this regard. I began with what most would term super light weights. I've since added a tiny amount more to "some" lifts, only after the original amount became comfortably easy. A few sessions ago added I push-ups to my resistance routine. That's a different kettle of fish. Even during my mid-late twenties prime, I wasn't all that good at them. It's been decades since I last attempted any. As expected, I now lack the strength for even one "true" push-up. The best I can manage is to start in the raised position and lower myself only a small amount. Any deeper and I crash unceremoniously to the floor. First session, I managed three sets of four each of those. Today's session, my third, I managed two sets of eight and one set of seven, crashing on seven when I dipped too low.

rollinglaugh.gif Let us know if your reflection disappears; I know a Count in Skingrad who will help you cure that, (or might know some vampire hunters) laugh.gif

Is the garlic really helping you with the mosquitos? I may need to start eating it too. We have been having a HUGE mosquito problem this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 17 2023, 05:27 PM
Post #2017

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 17 2023, 09:47 AM) *

Is the garlic really helping you with the mosquitos? I may need to start eating it too. We have been having a HUGE mosquito problem this year.

Mosquito repelling is one of a number of benefits often attributed with consuming garlic. Has it directly prevented them from biting me this year? I can't affirm that with absolute certainty. Any number of factors might contribute, plain good luck among them. Also, as more streets are created in my area (there's a new one below the southernmost street on my exercise-walk map) derelict crop fields are receding further into the distance. I'm no longer able to hear mosquito buzzing unless one alights on my ear, so can't tell if they are out-and-about but not biting, or not around at all. I'd be surprised if the latter was true, but can't rule it out. I also can't rule out that garlic consumption doesn't contribute to the mix. The best I can say it that it's worth a shot. If it doesn't pan out you'll at least have the comfort of knowing you're safer from vampires.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 17 2023, 05:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Aug 17 2023, 09:31 PM
Post #2018

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 17 2023, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 17 2023, 09:47 AM) *

Is the garlic really helping you with the mosquitos? I may need to start eating it too.

The best I can say it that it's worth a shot. If it doesn't pan out you'll at least have the comfort of knowing you're safer from vampires.

Actually, even that is uncertain. According to Vicente Valtieri (Oblivion), it is simply an urban myth that vampires are somehow affected by garlic. But you may ward off unwanted kisses...

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 19 2023, 07:06 PM
Post #2019

Master
Group Icon

So, rather than doing actual writing on Book 4, I decided to get sucked into the black hole of graphic design. Because, sure, why not? (Sigh.)

After fiddling with a couple of free online programs (which were not... "bad"... but also don't offer as much capability), I listened to my wife the artist, who has done digital as well as "traditional" painting. (Don't you just hate it when your Significant Other makes sense- AND you have to admit it?)

So .....Challenge Accepted

And....

Separate Paths

All that said, Book 4 is at about 34,000 words... so... progress.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 25 2023, 10:30 AM
Post #2020

Councilor
Group Icon

Project: Buy a house in England

Of course, it's an empty house, which starts next project: furnish a house enough to live in before I actually move back from the USA.

Pictures etc. once I get Internet connected up. I'm using my sister's for this.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 25 2023, 10:31 AM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 99 100 101 102 103 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:59 PM