142 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Because Every Rose Has Its Video, Rosa's Vid Topic
King Coin
post Nov 3 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #81

Master
Group Icon

That was nice of her to leave a dagger. Depressing, but better than what the Dremora would do.

I really miss that nighteye. That mod won't install and I think it's because of a MS screwup. mad.gif

She got in there a couple of times real quick to absorb some health while the enemies were distracted. Nice!

That was a neat ability, getting health from rain. Do bodies of water heal her too?

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 3 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #82

Finder
Group Icon

Nice work Arti. Now she only has to deal with the horde inside the city itself.

BTW, I use a mod to reduce Restoration spell costs that has been invaluable in making that particular school of spells useful in most cases.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 3 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #83

Councilor
Group Icon

The two dremora jumping off the ramp was fun!

Artemisia doesn’t usually seem to have much patience with the Imperial guys, but she sure wanted to get Menien out of that cage. sad.gif Excellent touch with the dagger.

My favorite part was the Rain Regeneration, that is so neat!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 4 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: I am getting practice at shooting around those big hulking dremora. I don't put nearly as many arrows in their backs as I did with the scamps when I started playing Artemisia! She was about 10th or 11th level when I started Kvatch. She leveled up too quickly to be honest, and I had to change around her majors to slow it down some more. I went into Kvatch unprepared - with no magic items that is - and it really made things difficult. She did indeed upgrade to that Dwarven bow. I was hoping for a damage effect on the sigil stone, but got a shield and damage armor instead. Since most of the daedra don't seem to wear armor, Artemisia used the sigil on her armor instead.

King Coin: You cannot delete the old shaders? Or copy over the new ones? That would sound like some sort of file corruption going on. Maybe you should just download it all over again and try from scratch?

Artemisia's Undine healing works when she is in water, but only when she is under it, or treading water. Unfortunately it won't work if she is only standing in say knee-deep water. It is because of how the ISSwimming function works. It also works in the rain, and when it is snowing. I got the entire idea from the Grummite water healing, and ran with it.

liliandra nadiar: The horde in the city is even worse. They are all packed together, and of course there are the city guard and legionaries to get in the way and ruin any chance of sneaking. I am holding off on reducing the cost of Restoration. I want to try it the way the game made it at first, and see how that works out. It should be a lot cheaper as Artemisia gets her skill up. She also added a sigil to fortify her magicka after Kvatch that helped a great deal.

Grits: I love pushing the daedra over the edge in those towers! It was so great when they did it all on their own this time. The first one that fell actually shot up a frost bolt at the one following it too! Before he went splat that is! You are right about Artemisia being impatient with the Imps. They are human, and speaking with them is just so demeaning for a Altmer like herself. The worst part of her exile is being forced into the company of such primitives. wink.gif

The Rain Regeneration is part of her birthsign, that I created. The Undine gives water breathing, and heals her when she is the rain, snow, or water. It is part of a bunch of new birthsigns I created a few months ago, after I got a burst of inspiration.

Artemisia helps retake Kvatch - part 1

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 4 2011, 09:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 5 2011, 01:35 AM
Post #85

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, that is a tough battle for an archer. Everyone gets in the way! The undercroft looked nearly impossible.

Once again the rain healing was just brilliant. It’s so much more a part of her than a power she can use once a day.

I like Artemisia’s voice and look, they really set her apart from the usual folk I expect to find in Cyrodiil. It’s fun to watch this battle, since playing it feels so personal.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 5 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #86

Paladin
Group Icon

That was exciting. What a terrible situation for an archer to have friendlies darting in and out of your line of fire. I hope Arti’s Dremora doesn’t get mistaken for a baddie! biggrin.gif

I remember when you got that green cloud mod to more dramatically display the poison effect. It looks good.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 5 2011, 05:34 AM
Post #87

Master
Group Icon

LOL! It looked like Artemisia’s Dremora checked the pulse on the dead flame atronach!

Why does Artemisia take the dremora weapons?

Ah I see Inian dropped pretty fast. The rest of the soldiers did surprisingly well though for suicidal maniacs.

Nice spell names. Makes everything easy to find then.

Oh and that undercoft was a madhouse! No friendlies hit either I don’t think. I’m impressed!

On the nighteye, it tries to place a file into a folder in C:\Users\Dan\Local\... <some other folders that I cannot remember anymore>
Anyways, the file never makes it there. DLing the mod again doesn't help. The folder its trying to add the file to is marked "read only" and I can't get rid of that flag. mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 5 2011, 05:45 AM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 5 2011, 12:34 AM) *

On the nighteye, it tries to place a file into a folder in C:\Users\Dan\Local\... <some other folders that I cannot remember anymore>
Anyways, the file never makes it there. DLing the mod again doesn't help. The folder its trying to add the file to is marked "read only" and I can't get rid of that flag. mad.gif

That sounds like it might be a Virtual Store issue. Is Oblivion installed in your Program Files folder? If so I bet that is what is going on. Windows Vista and 7 will not allow you to add, remove, or edit files in the Program Files folder. Microsoft thinks we are all too stupid to be able to do that. When you try to do it, it creates another copy of not only the file you are copying, but everything else in the folder it is going to in another place on the drive. Which of course does not work because it is not where the game really is.

The solution is to never install anything in the Program Files folder. That and disable UAC. If you have Windows 7, you will also have to take ownership of the folder, and make sure your account has administrator privileges. To make sure you have ownership, right click on the folder, go to properties -> security tab. Select what user group you belong to, and make sure everything is checked under Allow.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 5 2011, 05:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 5 2011, 03:24 PM
Post #89

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 4 2011, 11:45 PM) *

That sounds like it might be a Virtual Store issue. Is Oblivion installed in your Program Files folder? If so I bet that is what is going on. Windows Vista and 7 will not allow you to add, remove, or edit files in the Program Files folder. Microsoft thinks we are all too stupid to be able to do that. When you try to do it, it creates another copy of not only the file you are copying, but everything else in the folder it is going to in another place on the drive. Which of course does not work because it is not where the game really is.

The solution is to never install anything in the Program Files folder. That and disable UAC. If you have Windows 7, you will also have to take ownership of the folder, and make sure your account has administrator privileges. To make sure you have ownership, right click on the folder, go to properties -> security tab. Select what user group you belong to, and make sure everything is checked under Allow.

I've got Oblivion installed to C:\Users\Dan\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion.

I've gone through all that. UAC and User groups privileges. None of it works. I've given up on it. Thanks for the help though. All of that should work, but it doesn't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 5 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

Try installing it in a folder right off the root of your C: drive, rather than your User folder. I have a sneaking suspicion that is involved in the issue.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 6 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

Grits: This big brawls are tough. Artemisia is built for stealth, and slowly taking her time. All that goes out the window in these huge melees. It is all I can do to keep from shooting my own people. I cannot count how many friendly arrows Artemisia has dug out of her back. Like I said to Acadian before, Artemisia went into this unprepared. Without a magic weapon these battles are long-drawn out messes.

Acadian: It is funny that you mention it, because I have trouble telling which one is Artemisia's summoned dremora, and which are the bad guys. That new poison shader really does make it a lot easier to tell when your poison is working.

King Coin: Artemisia takes everything, so she can sell it. Also so she can practice her armorer skill on it all. Even if I am going to drop it again, I still pick things up just for the latter.

By now she has put together a good nest egg. She needs to buy a house. I do not know where yet though. She likes it down in Leyawiin, because of all the rain. Likewise with Bruma with the snow. So maybe one of those two places.

The finale of Kvatch

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 6 2011, 08:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 6 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #92

Finder
Group Icon

So is Arte taking care of the Legionnaire out of self preservation? Though it looked like she was becoming aware of the effects of the Gates and what they could do at the end there.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 7 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #93

Paladin
Group Icon

Argh, the Battle for Kvatch is such a frantic, confusing and frustrating goat rope, is it not?

Nice to see Artemisia pause by the bodies of the fallen soldiers.

House hunting? I like Leyawiin too. The ferns and weeping trees and Topal Bay are beautiful. And since Artemisia doesn't have green skin or a tail, she won't get picked on by the local nobles. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 8 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #94

Master
Group Icon

Mantius’ over eager charge almost got him shot!
I liked seeing her heal up the legionnaire.

Inside: atronachs everywhere! I would hate using absorb health all the time. Just watching Artemisia
stand there and block while waiting for her magic was not something I’d want to do. I did like it when she killed the atronach with the spell though.

I’m surprised two soldiers survived! With all those atronachs I figured they’d all be killed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 8 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #95

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice to see Merandil and the Legion archer still on their feet at the end. I also liked that Artemisia took a moment with the fallen, and looked around as she left. That was a great way to end the Kvatch series.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 11 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

liliandra nadiar: I have learned a long time ago that the only way to keep followers alive is by healing them all up to full after every battle. Even doing that, most of them died. The fights went on too long, because Artemisia lacked a magic weapon to take down the Daedra quickly. Other characters of mine have gone through the retaking of Kvatch without losing a single guard or legionary. Like Medea.

Acadian: Artemisia could not fail to notice the sacrifice made by all the soldiers at Kvatch. It is forcing her to rethink her ideas about those who serve governments.

I settled on Frostcrag Spire, as it will give me a chance to try out the Frostcrag Reborn and Frostcrag Village mods.

King Coin: I just missed putting an arrow in Matius' back by a hair. Followers in Oblivion always charge in like that. It drives me crazy. The Absorb is working out alright. Now that Artemisia has raised her Restoration skill, and got some more magicka from a sigil stone, she can hang in with an Atronach or Clannfear and take them out with just Absorbing alone. And usually come out without a scratch.

Grits: At least two of them survived! You asked in King Coin's topic about Artemisia's new bow. She did get a new one after Kvatch: Hatred's Soul. I had a video made for how she got it, but it was just too dark.

No videos this time. I am writing the next chapter of the TF, and just do not have the time. But I do have a few pics:

This is what happens when you force clear weather in Oblivion. It looks almost peaceful.

Artemisia has a new pet.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 11 2011, 06:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 11 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #97

Finder
Group Icon

Dressed like she was, I'm surprised the guard following Medea didn't walk into walls, let alone keep them selves alive. tongue.gif

Clear night skies in Oblivion does look pretty.

Watch out Artemisia, your pet's broken three houses so far. tongue.gif

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 11 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

It actually occurred to me to change the weather in Oblivion to see what it is like, but since Aravi isn't the Champion of Cyrodiil, I never got to try it out. Very neat looking with the stars and the lava. Now if only there weren't corpses all over the place, it might actually be nice.

New pet? I bet he/she/it smells bad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 12 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #99

Paladin
Group Icon

Those clannfear are so loyal and cuddly!

What a neat idea to import a clear night sky into the Deadlands!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 19 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

liliandra nadiar: Medea was a nature girl. She always wore the vanilla hunter's garb when out adventuring. She had some nice city clothes too though.

King Coin: I change the weather all the time when I am taking pictures, so I can get the best effect. With other characters I often got tired of raining all the time in Leyawiin too. Now that I am playing an Undine, Artemisia loves it when it rains. Or better yet, when it snows.

Acadian: Cuddly as a rattlesnake I would say! She has been playing with a Daedroth lately, and so far, I'd have to say that clannfear seems more effective. The Daedroth seems to like to stand around an preen a bit. Where the clannfear just homes right in like a missile.

Since everyone is posting pictures of a new game, I thought I would do the same.

Or not.

Artemisia is relaxing in her new Bruma home, which she forced me to heavily mod until it was up to her standards.

She's taking advantage of having a place of her own to lie back and read some fashion magazines. Hmm, where did that cat come from?

--------------------
+Quote Post

142 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:48 PM