Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oblivion is a killer to my system
idk
post Apr 23 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #1

Retainer

Have anyone else been experiencing problems in running oblivion? I've been running obby on pretty high specs up until now. My computer cant get close to running everything at maximum but lately I've been having problems with my comp in running obby.

First problem was me getting a BSOD error during obby. That was due to my integrated sound I have.

Second and third problems happened where my monitor would just fall asleep during obby and it wouldnt wake up (Monitor not an RPG fan maybe? lol) well I think I fixed that by changing some of the power settings and such for the monitor and keeping the noise on low. My speakers are integrated and I have a suspicion that something with the sound is going on there

But just now my computer just happened to restart. No actual problems, the screen just went blank and it went through the boot process like I had pressed the restart button.

Some of these things have gotten me concerned. I think I will finally break down and change the setting to see if that helps. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems when trying to run the game at your computer's limits. Anyone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 23 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Oblivion is definately one of the buggiest games I have ever come across.

Ive got auto-restart and monitor shut down before

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Olav
post Apr 23 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

I'm having no problems with Oblivion except for some lag in certain types of fog and the 'common' crash when exiting the game right after a save. I play with all settings at max (AMD X2 4400+, ATI X1900XTX, 2GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZS sound).

It's well known from other games that internal sound cards (and speakers?) can cause problems. But the reboot error you had recently indicates something has overheated. What are your specs? Any old components, and have you overclocked something?

Oblivion is probably the most hardware-demanding piece of entertainment software out there now, and so far it's the only game that causes my graphics card's fan to spin at max speed from time to time. Temp indicator says it reaches almost 80 degrees C when it does! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
D3TOX
post Apr 23 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #4

Evoker

QUOTE(X-it @ Apr 23 2006, 03:47 PM)
I'm having no problems with Oblivion except for some lag in certain types of fog and the 'common' crash when exiting the game right after a save. I play with all settings at max (AMD X2 4400+, ATI X1900XTX, 2GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZS sound).

It's well known from other games that internal sound cards (and speakers?) can cause problems. But the reboot error you had recently indicates something has overheated. What are your specs? Any old components, and have you overclocked something?

Oblivion is probably the most hardware-demanding piece of entertainment software out there now, and so far it's the only game that causes my graphics card's fan to spin at max speed from time to time. Temp indicator says it reaches almost 80 degrees C when it does!  ohmy.gif

question, My computer works fine so no problem, just wanted to know what this loud noise is, ok so when my computer is normal and if im using the net etc, it sounds like a normal computer, but when I boot up a game, it sounds like a jet engine, like very very loud, can be heard from like 20-30 meters away, it starts to subside after a while, but im wondering if its the processor or graphics card or even the HD?
+Quote Post
Olav
post Apr 23 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(D3TOX @ Apr 23 2006, 05:57 PM)
question, My computer works fine so no problem, just wanted to know what this loud noise is, ok so when my computer is normal and if im using the net etc, it sounds like a normal computer, but when I boot up a game, it sounds like a jet engine, like very very loud, can be heard from like 20-30 meters away, it starts to subside after a while, but im wondering if its the processor or graphics card or even the HD?

Well my CD/DVD+player makes a lot of noise, so when I start the game and it goes through the DVD+check it makes a loud noise for some time. Is this perhaps the case for you as well? Sounds like it since the sound goes away.

If you have a newer PC/hardware, it most likely have variable fan speeds in the cabinet, for the CPU and for the graphics card like mine does. So it makes more noise while doing difficult tasks (like playing Oblivion smile.gif) than it does when it is idle.

Other than this I have no idea what it could be.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:58 PM