Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 128 129 130 131 132 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
SubRosa
post Apr 1 2020, 01:59 AM
Post #2581

Ancient
Group Icon

Not of that in particular, unfortunately.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 12 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #2582

Ancient
Group Icon

I had some interesting escapades of late. After finishing the main quest, I got a little tired of the constant dragons. So I disabled the random ones from spawning. But that still left the ones at the Word Walls and dragon burials.

So I tried making them friendly. I created a mod that changed their faction alignment to the Player, town guards, etc..., and made them friendly. That did not work. They still attacked everything in sight.

So I tried adding January to the Dragon faction. That worked. Afterward she met several dragons in Solstheim, and none attacked her, or the local wildlife.

That was a about a week ago. January returned to the mainland for a brief visit to pick up the rest of the Marked For Death words. She was instantly attacked when she went into Riverwood to sell some loot. The same in Whiterun. The same in Solitude and Dragon Bridge. OTOH, the guards in Riften and Windhelm were perfectly friendly.

I tried removing her crime gold with the console, but that did no good. I looked for items marked as stolen in her inventory, but she had none. Naturally I tried surrendering to the guards, but that did nothing either. They just attacked without speaking.

Finally I remembered adding Jan to the dragon faction. I used the console to remove her from it, and now all those guards are friendly again. But of course this means that now the dragons will attack once more. I will probably have to remove them all from the game, since I don't really want to keep killing them all. The set dragonsreturned to 0 command should do it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 13 2020, 08:48 AM
Post #2583

Master
Group Icon

So it's either side with dragons or side with guards.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 14 2020, 03:04 PM
Post #2584

Councilor
Group Icon

That is one thing which bothered me when I was gaming on Xbox originally from 2011 until 2016. I don't mind fighting dragons once in a while (especially the story-based ones at Word Walls), but when it becomes every frickin' other day that they show up.... mad.gif At least with Oblivion Gates, there is a choice whether to go in our not, right? Otherwise, it is very easy to avoid them, and further the OB Main Quest.

We had dragons in our table-games long ago, but they were rare. Fighting one was very difficult, but defeating one felt especially special because of their rarity. Skyrim forces their attacks over and over again. I know this is part of the story and all that, but after awhile the entire game felt sort of "meh" to me as the player. Similar to the way Oblivion forces advanced creatures to replace ordinary ones, once a certain Level was passed. rolleyes.gif

The trick for me was some mod I use. I think it's called Random Encounters. I dialed the frequency of random bandits, skeletons, necromancers (etc.) upwards, while dumbing random dragons way down. Otherwise, I was not able to really get into the Main Quest and enjoy it until 2016!

Edit: Here is Random Encounters - MCM version. Highly customizable. Depending on the character, I also use it to make certain animals (such as wolves, skeevers, bears, etc.) Neutral or some other reaction, so that not every damn creature is attacking my toon. smile.gif

Edit 2: It might not be Random Encounters which influences dragon frequency, I'll have to check later when I am up and gaming again. RE is a great mod, though.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 14 2020, 03:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 15 2020, 06:59 AM
Post #2585

Master
Group Icon

I was also using some mod in Lucius' game that had lots of option regarding dragon attacks. You could set how many time you want to pass between attacks or use a random value (which turned out the best for me, because weeks could pass without a single attack). You could also choose to be attacked by low-leveled or high-leveled dragons regardless of your PC's level, which means that some HL dragons put up a tough fight if encountered early on.

I also remember dragons to be rare from Baldur's Gate, in the first game there isn't any dragon at all, in the second one there are only 5 or 6 dragons, each of them is difficult to bring down in its own way, and each of them has a unique personality. You can converse with most of them and not every one of them needs to be defeated, in fact one of them will advise you not to attack him, and it's a clever advice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 15 2020, 01:48 PM
Post #2586

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes! That's the one I am thinking of, Lopov. You can set how much time passes between attacks, and also the chance that another dragon (or several other enemies) will show up. Argh, can't remember its name.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 15 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #2587

Ancient
Group Icon

You guys are probably thinking of Timing is Everything. I brought it up on the Mods forum the other week. I have been using it for just a little while, but I am liking it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 15 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #2588

Master
Group Icon

No, I've been using TiE for years, it doesn't have so many functions and allows you to specify only the interval between min and max days of attacks. The mod I used in Lucius' game allowed you to choose a level of attacking dragons (or make it random) and had lots of other features. It also made dragons much more difficult to bring down even on the easiest settings.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 16 2020, 11:34 AM
Post #2589

Master
Group Icon

It's Deadly Dragons.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 16 2020, 02:57 PM
Post #2590

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't have Deadly Dragons, I'm using something else to make dragon attacks rare. I do have Timing is Everything (thanks SR) but that does not alter the frequency of random dragons (and other attacks) showing up. I believe TIE merely delays or furthers when certain questlines begin.

Oh well. I'll look at my mod list at some point.

On topic, lol: lately Sir Davor Vyvoor has completed The Fallen, Odahviing is trapped at Dragonsreach. Technically, Davor can move on to fight Alduin at any time. But he's preparing for this final, gigantic battle (which I've glimpsed at through You Tube videos). Because this fight is so epic, and he won't be able to bring his four followers, lately he has been traveling around Skyrim, looking for locations he might have missed over the years. Looking for new Shouts, basically.

He has also collected a bunch of filled Soul Gems and potions, basically preparing. He plans to fight those final draugr and dragons with an Orcish Sword of Draining (this absorbs health), his various Shouts, and finally, an ordinary Staff of Chain Lightning. Bam. 40 points of Shock Damage per zap!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 16 2020, 03:03 PM
Post #2591

Master
Group Icon

TiE allows you to set a fixed interval between min and max days of random dragon attacks. That's why I preferred Deadly Dragons, because the value there is more random so you don't know when to expect an attack, while in TiE if you set the max value to 10 days and don't get an attack in 9 days, then you know that you'll get one the next day.

I hope that Vyvoor beats Alduin to a pulp soon. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 16 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #2592

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Apr 16 2020, 10:03 AM) *

TiE allows you to set a fixed interval between min and max days of random dragon attacks.

Oh, maybe this is the one, then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Apr 16 2020, 03:59 PM
Post #2593

Mouth
Group Icon

Deadly Dragons is pretty good. I used it with the random settings when I played Skyrim.

Could I ask which version of Skyrim you are using, original or SE?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 16 2020, 04:34 PM
Post #2594

Master
Group Icon

Renee or me? bigsmile.gif

I'm using both, I have 2 characters on regular version (Oldrim as some call it) and my default language there is English, and I have 3 characters on SE, although I've been active only with two so far, one was created but I haven't yet gamed with her. To keep things more interesting, my default language on SE is German.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 16 2020, 07:21 PM
Post #2595

Councilor
Group Icon

I play Oldrim, thanks for asking.

Well, my full story is I started on 11/11/11 with my old Playstation 3. But after hearing how much better the game ran on Xbox I bought one of those in 2012. Then I got a flatscreen TV. Wow. The game just went from watercolor painting to mechanical pens. Then I got a gaming PC in 2014. Didn't start Skyrim on PC until 2016 though. In a way this was good, of course. Everything was patched by the community by then, plenty of mods on the shelf, yadda yadda.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 16 2020, 07:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 3 2021, 08:32 PM
Post #2596

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey everyone, I finally b34t d4 m41n kw3St with Sir Vyvoor. I don't feel like writing it up (as I originally planned) but I did take some screenies & videos. Anyway, it feels GOOD to finally get this done.... 9 years behind the rest of y'all, but still! cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 3 2021, 09:16 PM
Post #2597

Paladin
Group Icon

You're ahead of me, Renee. Buffy never did have any interest in supporting the elf-hating Nords or the head-chopping Imperials. And, of course she could never kill that magnificent dragon who swooped in and saved her life at the very beginning of the game. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 3 2021, 11:23 PM
Post #2598

Ancient
Group Icon

Shor's Stones! Congrats in finally beating the game like a red-haired stepchild!

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 4 2021, 06:44 AM
Post #2599

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 3 2021, 01:32 PM) *

Hey everyone, I finally b34t d4 m41n kw3St with Sir Vyvoor.

Yay!!! I can sleep a little easier today knowing that Nirn has been saved once again.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 4 2021, 02:14 PM
Post #2600

Councilor
Group Icon

Mostly, it just means i can move on to other ideas! I rolled Laprima ... gosh... way back in 2017 I think. Her story awaits. Lopov must be sick of hearing me talk about her, but not gaming with her. laugh.gif

And Vyvoor himself. He really lacked confidence, especially against multiple enemies. It really took until this winter before he hunkered down and began visiting a bunch of those Word Walls, (me learning Shouts). Finally I felt like he was ready. viking.gif

Rawr!

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 128 129 130 131 132 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:44 PM