Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate your fanfic villain's evilness!, On a scale of 1-10, how evil is your villain?
King Of Beasts
post Jan 24 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I thought this would be a fun thread so....

If you could rate a villain in your fanfic(if you've written one) it doesn't have to be the main villain, on a scale of 1-10, how evil is he/she?

If you want to, explain why you gave the villain the rating you gave him/her. I guess it's fine if you want to rate a villain from someone else's fanfic.

Anyway.....

I'd rate the main antagonist of my story, (his name is Vokun for those of you that haven't read my story) about a 7.5 on the evilness scale. I'm not putting up any spoilers, but I'll say he has a somewhat reasonable motive behind his actions.... evillol.gif

The secondary antagonist(Rex) in my story, I'd rate him a 10. Yes, he's downright evil for no good reason.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 24 2013, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Well . . .uhm . . .the "villains," in my story are typically the protagonists and the heroes. I write the story in their point of view, and generally antagonize the "heroes,". So I am pro vampire, pro-Lich, blah. They are always the "good guys," in my tales since they have such a prejudice society against them. I don't believe in good or evil anyways . . .so

Now, other fanfics? Malan, from Maxical's story. Simply. Awesome. I love him. Manipulative, charming, deceitful, downright jerk. One of my favorites. Thirst for virgin blood, knows how to get in people's head, had Janus, Maxical, Uriel and Hannibal all going crazt with his schemes! wub.gif

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Jan 24 2013, 02:54 AM

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 24 2013, 03:07 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Now, other fanfics? Malan, from Maxical's story. Simply. Awesome. I love him. Manipulative, charming, deceitful, downright jerk. One of my favorites. Thirst for virgin blood, knows how to get in people's head, had Janus, Maxical, Uriel and Hannibal all going crazt with his schemes!

Malan.....scares me a bit blink.gif I'm actually glad it's not possible for villains to jump out of their stories and come to life, because if Malan was real.....i'd take the first spaceship that's going to the moon laugh.gif He might want to get a bulletproof vest though, because I'm sure the military would send every tank in the country after him if he was walking around on the streets. Okay, maybe a rocket proof suit.
(they'd probably classify him as an alien or mythical creature though, because anything that looks strange, people seem to come to a conclusion that it's an alien or some kind of monster rollinglaugh.gif)

Ive gotta agree that he's a 10/10 on the scale of evilness though. But seriously, he's starting to scare me.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 24 2013, 03:31 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I have a thing for villains who start out doing the right thing, and end up turning bad. Since there are no clear villains in NEIS, I can't rate mine, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2013, 03:38 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

I have to agree about Malans awesomeness. He is such a complex antagonist and almost sympathetic at times. And mALX has made me so deeply invested in her heroine (actually Im invested in the entire team on the side of good) that it ratchets up the villains badness even more when we get a glimpse of it.

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 23 2013, 09:31 PM) *

I have a thing for villains who start out doing the right thing, and end up turning bad.

Me too. Or people who do bad things for a good reason. I like the grey areas.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 24 2013, 03:49 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Indeed! But he doesn't scare me. I like Malan!

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Jan 24 2013, 04:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 24 2013, 05:14 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 23 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Now, other fanfics? Malan, from Maxical's story. Simply. Awesome. I love him. Manipulative, charming, deceitful, downright jerk. One of my favorites. Thirst for virgin blood, knows how to get in people's head, had Janus, Maxical, Uriel and Hannibal all going crazt with his schemes! wub.gif

And I hate him for all those reasons. I will be very pleased when he finally gets a mouth punching (as Elisabeth puts it).

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jan 24 2013, 05:28 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Baha! Mouth-punching is a thing now, I see!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 24 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, well, my main villain for my Shivering Isles piece is, of course, Jygallag and seeing as his methods of thought and motivations are both so utterly alien to us mere squishy mortals and so deeply, inextricably ingrained into the nature of his being, I kind of struggle to call him evil.

Then again, I've got a secondary villain coming up who's an unhinged, vengeful lunatic who's planning to unmake the entire universe so I'd say she rates pretty highly on the scale; comfortable nine, I'd say, maybe even a ten.
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 24 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Hmm, well, my main villain for my Shivering Isles piece is, of course, Jygallag and seeing as his methods of thought and motivations are both so utterly alien to us mere squishy mortals and so deeply, inextricably ingrained into the nature of his being, I kind of struggle to call him evil.

Jygallag disappointed me when he died with one hit. I'd say he's a 9/10 villain though. He wasn't involved directly enough in the little attack on the SI, and he didn't seem entirely evil.

An in-game villain? I really think Mehrunes Dagon is an epic 10/10 villain. He may not have been directly involved in the Oblivion Crisis, but he was pretty badass when he actually appeared in the imperial city. It was epic when he crushed the dome of the temple of the one with his fist.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 24 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 24 2013, 11:03 AM) *

Jygallag disappointed me when he died with one hit. I'd say he's a 9/10 villain though. He wasn't involved directly enough in the little attack on the SI, and he didn't seem entirely evil.

Then why does he get such a high rating? huh.gif
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 24 2013, 12:55 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Ah . . .my other would be my own. She's a hero in my point of view, a savior for her people, but one responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people and she never even got the blame for it. Raven Meridius, Daughter of Coldharbour, offspring of Molag Bal, pureblooded vampire. She's four centuries old and stuck in the body of a young twenty year old woman.

She would be counted as a villain simply because:

- She was born from a sexual encounter between a vampire and a Daedra.

-She feeds on children for their purity.

-She manipulates and deceives those around her simply because it is her nature.

-She is elitist and sees mortals as either pawns or a herd of cattle. She's a predator, and thus she is above their petty concepts of morality. She believes the universe dictates who is in power and who is at the bottom of the food chain.

Even her powers can be considered evil. Reign of Terror, for example, can demoralize a foe. She became so talented in illusion that she can use her vampiric powers to affect the weak-minded and make their own nightmares come to life to the point of them clawing their own eyes out or atttacking others in rage and insane fear. She can also seduce and dominate the minds of people using Vampire's Seduction, but she chooses a less brute force method and can do so using words, gestures, smiles, etc.

She is one of the biggest megalomaniacs ever. My Darth Sidious of the Elder Scrolls!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 24 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 24 2013, 03:26 AM) *

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Jan 24 2013, 11:03 AM) *

Then why does he get such a high rating? huh.gif

He's pretty evil, he just doesn't appear enough. And he's too weak.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 24 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #14

Paladin
Group Icon

Another nod to maLX's Malan. He doesn't twirl a mustache or ooze foulness; rather he is cruelly likable. Even if you know he is evil incarnate, because of his oily and smooth demeanor you find your hatred periodically waning for him until one or another aspect of his plotting gut shoots you. His depth and complexity truly set the standard for villains.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, Im back for part B. smile.gif My fanfics villains are the games Mehrunes Dagon and his supporters in Tamriel. To my protagonists of course they are all evil, but I would rate the Mythic Dawn higher on the evil scale than Dagon. The daedric prince is doing what he is, like a mountain lion eating a baby. However his minions have the same context as my protagonists, yet they have chosen to act against their own people for personal gain. To me that puts them at maximum reprehensible. Not terribly interesting, though. Creating a sympathetic antagonist and a truly flawed hero are goals I hope to reach someday. I love it when a writer makes me secretly like the villain and only grudgingly come around to root for what turns out to be the hero.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 24 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #16

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 24 2013, 07:20 AM) *
...The daedric prince is doing what he is, like a mountain lion eating a baby. However his minions have the same context as my protagonists, yet they have chosen to act against their own people for personal gain. To me that puts them at maximum reprehensible. ...

Well put, my friend and I couldn't agree more. That is exactly why it gives Buffy no pleasure to kill ogres or trolls, for they are simply acting on their nature. Yet she eagerly stalks and kills two leggers like marauders, necrodudes and conjurors. I'm sure this is because the latter have chosen to use their free will to become varmints.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 24 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

In the game itself (and he does show up in my story soon, just haven't reached that part yet) - I'd have to say Mankar Camoran above the Mythic Dawn. The Mythic Dawn themselves have been duped by Camoran. He is like a combination of Jim Jones and Manson.

When he is in Cyrodiil speaking he is so charismatic, and you can see all the followers being taken in by him and forking over all their worldly goods. They believe Paradise awaits them through that portal, and it isn't till they cross over they see the real man, the real Mankar and that his promises were all lies. By then there is no escape, not even death because he keeps resurrecting them.

He made a pact with Dagon for that Paradise, for the power he craved - may not have been the brightest move, but took a lot of guts to form an alliance with one who is known to always have his own agenda.

I think Bethesda showed some real genius in Camoran's storyline.

It means a tremendous lot to me that you all said such wonderful things about Malan on here! Thank you all so much!

I really hoped Malan would come across as deceptively likable, and that the only ones to ever see his evil side were those on the receiving end of it.

On other threads bad guys - I gotta say SubRosa's "Vols" - he was smacking Teresa around and breaking her teeth as a child, demonized in her mind - so you hate him. Then when she runs into him again as an adult, suddenly you see the exact same situation - another little orphan girl on the streets - and he is so good with her and coddling her, feeding her - you can't help but love him! Not to mention his love of Simplicia - I mean, you know what he is capable of, you know he has murdered (to protect Simplicia) - but you can't help but sympathize with him, especially after the scars from Dagon's visit. Didn't we all fall in love with Vols? I did.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 24 2013, 11:17 AM) *

Didn't we all fall in love with Vols? I did.

YES!! I was trying to think of an example of a hero you grow to love after they start out as a villain. Perfect!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 24 2013, 05:26 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 24 2013, 11:21 AM) *

YES!! I was trying to think of an example of a hero you grow to love after they start out as a villain. Perfect!!

Nobody can do it like SubRosa can when it comes to twisting someone completely so we see all their facets and like them in spite of the faults.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 24 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

In the game itself (and he does show up in my story soon, just haven't reached that part yet) - I'd have to say Mankar Camoran above the Mythic Dawn. The Mythic Dawn themselves have been duped by Camoran. He is like a combination of Jim Jones and Manson.

When he is in Cyrodiil speaking he is so charismatic, and you can see all the followers being taken in by him and forking over all their worldly goods. They believe Paradise awaits them through that portal, and it isn't till they cross over they see the real man, the real Mankar and that his promises were all lies. By then there is no escape, not even death because he keeps resurrecting them.

He made a pact with Dagon for that Paradise, for the power he craved - may not have been the brightest move, but took a lot of guts to form an alliance with one who is known to always have his own agenda.

I think Bethesda showed some real genius in Camoran's storyline.

It means a tremendous lot to me that you all said such wonderful things about Malan on here! Thank you all so much!

I really hoped Malan would come across as deceptively likable, and that the only ones to ever see his evil side were those on the receiving end of it.

On other threads bad guys - I gotta say SubRosa's "Vols" - he was smacking Teresa around and breaking her teeth as a child, demonized in her mind - so you hate him. Then when she runs into him again as an adult, suddenly you see the exact same situation - another little orphan girl on the streets - and he is so good with her and coddling her, feeding her - you can't help but love him! Not to mention his love of Simplicia - I mean, you know what he is capable of, you know he has murdered (to protect Simplicia) - but you can't help but sympathize with him, especially after the scars from Dagon's visit. Didn't we all fall in love with Vols? I did.

I am with mALX on Mankar (where is his wife, WomanTruk, and shouldn't his son and daughter be BoyBike, and GirlLorry?). I thought he was a very well done cult-leader, brilliant, charismatic, and utterly ruthless, like the men she suggested. Richard Ramirez comes to mind too, and Scientology. I feel sorry for the rank and file members of the Mythic Dawn. They all strike me as people who were emotionally vulnerable at one point or another, enough for them to fall for Camoran's spiel and get sucked into his cult. Then of course the real brain-washing would have begun, to the point where their sense of selves would have been completely shattered.

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 24 2013, 11:21 AM) *

Vols is a hero? I never intended him to be viewed as one. I just tried to use him as a window into the life of a legionary, a peek under the helmet so to speak, for good and ill.

I cannot really think of villains from my own fic to rate. There are just so many! I suppose there might be Valen Dreth, or Jalbert (whom we shall be seeing again very soon). Or Morandil. I think the biggest villain in the TF would probably be Teresa's own feelings of insecurity!

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 24 2013, 09:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:49 AM