3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim known issues, A list of known engine bugs and remedies
mALX
post Dec 10 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm putting this issue to you, Master Chef TK - because if anyone can research it and find the truth of the matter out - you have proven yourself the master at it.

Does anyone know if the inability to re-charge the enchantments on Valdr's Lucky Dagger and Keening are a bug/glitch or do they work without being charged?

Valdr's Lucky Dagger appeared like any unchanted weapon when I first got it, and as a matter of fact I was able to improve it without having the "Arcane Blacksmith" perk. After I improved it, suddenly it showed with a "25% critical hit chance" enchantment, but the charge was at zero. While I have been able to recharge other weapons with no problems, there is no way to re-charge Valdr's Lucky Dagger. I have heard Keening is the same way.

When you try to use them they give the message "This weapon doesn't have enough charge" - so are we getting the benefit from their enchantments or not? Are these weapons bugged?

By the way, my game is still pre-patch.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 16 2011, 07:29 AM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

Boethiah's quest is glitched to Oblivion.

When you go to "summon" her, she just repeats the same line over and over and doesn't give you her quest. -_-

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 16 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Dec 16 2011, 01:29 AM) *

When you go to "summon" her, she just repeats the same line over and over and doesn't give you her quest. -_-

I was able to do Boeithah's quest in Oblivion before. Or did you mean in Skyrim?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 17 2011, 06:56 AM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 16 2011, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Dec 16 2011, 01:29 AM) *

I was able to do Boeithah's quest in Oblivion before. Or did you mean in Skyrim?

No, I meant it like, glitched to Hell

--------------------
Nemesis

We are rising together
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Dec 17 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 10 2011, 09:18 AM) *

<snip>

I'll need to find those weapons first before I can do any troubleshooting. Please don't tell me, though, I'm still a player and would prefer not to have things spoiled. I'm on 1.3, but it won't matter because none of the current updates have provided a single ESM update.

But I do have another one:

You know those dragons that spawn at word walls? Turns out if you kill them once, every time afterwards when they respawn, they are soulless. You can only obtain souls from dragons spawned in fixed locations once. On 1.3. So 1.2 did not actually fix this.

There's the culprit for people who are not receiving souls from dragons they killed. That means it likely spawned in to replace a word wall guardian dragon you already killed.

Before going on, when I posted this on the official boards, I got several posts essentially telling me "not a bug, it's a feature," saying this was done on purpose to prevent soul farming. For that, let me ask you one thing: if you wanted to keep people from soul-farming those dragons, wouldn't it make much more sense just to have them not respawn at all? Instead of causing the game to behave anomalously and make people think the dragons are breaking as every single other player in the world would think when this happened to them?

As for if the dragon is force-respawned for a Radiant Quest, I do not think it very fair to instruct the player fight a dragon and rob him of his dragon soul when the battle ends because the dragon he was sent to kill had already been dealt with once.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 17 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Dec 17 2011, 03:45 AM) *

You know those dragons that spawn at word walls? Turns out if you kill them once, every time afterwards when they respawn, they are soulless. You can only obtain souls from dragons spawned in fixed locations once. On 1.3. So 1.2 did not actually fix this.

Oh, I'm glad you brought this up. You saved me some swearing the next time I encounter an empty dragon. I'm with you, I don't think that's a feature.

My game freezing dragon got fixed. Bring on the late nights!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Dec 17 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

Fortifying your Sneak skill over 100 causes the skill to become bugged. Where at 95 Sneak my character was virtually a ghost, the moment the skill eclipsed 100, enemies effectively became psychic, detecting him the instant he entered the room or fired a single arrow.

Keep that in mind, stealthy-types. Going over 100 Sneak makes your character a novice again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 17 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Not true with the dragons...There's something like 7 or 8 Dragon Peaks....That's without idjot backwards one...I killed them all at least three times...I got souls on all but one of them...And that wasn't the last one...

Just sayin...

PS3 though...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 17 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Dec 17 2011, 04:09 PM) *

Fortifying your Sneak skill over 100 causes the skill to become bugged. Where at 95 Sneak my character was virtually a ghost, the moment the skill eclipsed 100, enemies effectively became psychic, detecting him the instant he entered the room or fired a single arrow.

Keep that in mind, stealthy-types. Going over 100 Sneak makes your character a novice again.

I've been dealing with this too, is there any way to fix this? I heard on the BGSF that resetting it back again does NOT help.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 18 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #30

Knower
Group Icon

Warning: these look like crap tongue.gif

Sideways Falmer!

He leapt up while taking his last breath...and just kinda hung there.

Hey look! Its Criss Angel! Oh wait, just a Riften guard.

Umm... what? And this is what Melainoe found while trying to make the floating guard fall.

--------------------
Nemesis

We are rising together
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 18 2011, 04:09 AM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

I had the same glitches with occasional floating bodies in Oblivion. Looks like more then just Aravi crossed the border into Skyrim.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 18 2011, 04:16 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Dec 17 2011, 09:34 PM) *

Warning: these look like crap tongue.gif

Sideways Falmer!

He leapt up while taking his last breath...and just kinda hung there.

Hey look! Its Criss Angel! Oh wait, just a Riften guard.

Umm... what? And this is what Melainoe found while trying to make the floating guard fall.

That guard was so interested in watching what was going on with that Argonian and (whatever that was with him) that he stepped off the bridge and didn't notice. Looks like a little slash action if you ask me, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Dec 22 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

Unsurprisingly, Bethesda seems to have made no effort to optimize this game's code.

The stuff this mod does is all automatic optimization that can simply be done by the compiler without need for programmer input. The end result is roughly a 25% increase in FPS in CPU-heavy areas (like Markarth, for example)

Seriously, who are Bethesda hiring to code their games? That one guy who is not on their payroll found such an amateur flaw in their code... wow.

I hope they are feeling embarrassed right about now, they should be.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Dec 22 2011, 08:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 22 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for the link. I shall check this out.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 1 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

This was a fun one (NOT) in the realm of forcing the character along a predetermined path.

Trey finally went ahead and fetched the Dragonstone and gave it to the wizard.

Then he exited Dragonsreach WITHOUT speaking to the Jarl. However, when he fast-traveled to Markarth, he got a message:

"Completed, speak to Jarl Balgruf."

"Meet Irileth at the watchtower."

Wait. What? No I didn't. How does LEAVING the blasted palace without speaking to the Jarl and then going to another city mean my character DID speak to the Jarl? Nice "freedom of choice" ya got there.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 1 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 1 2012, 12:47 PM) *

This was a fun one (NOT) in the realm of forcing the character along a predetermined path.

Trey finally went ahead and fetched the Dragonstone and gave it to the wizard.

Then he exited Dragonsreach WITHOUT speaking to the Jarl. However, when he fast-traveled to Markarth, he got a message:

"Completed, speak to Jarl Balgruf."

"Meet Irileth at the watchtower."

Wait. What? No I didn't. How does LEAVING the blasted palace without speaking to the Jarl and then going to another city mean my character DID speak to the Jarl? Nice "freedom of choice" ya got there.

Yeah, I saw that in a vid - the second you hand the Dragonstone to the wizard it ends that one quest and instantly starts "Dragons Rising." (one reason I'm still toting that 25 pound stone around with me).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 1 2012, 07:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 9 2012, 03:16 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

There's a "CLASS CRIPPLING" bug with shields that prevents the shield from being anymore then a mainhand attack. It prevents the shield bash bonuses from ever occcuring(effectively wasting an entire tree worth of points, "VERY BAD") and simply changes it to a normal attack matching whatever mainhand weapon your using.

I believe the cause of this originates(at least in my case) from the Werewolf transformation. I would also like to state however that it may also be occuring from other sources but this is a source I can legitimately say causes it. I hope someone can figure out how these link together. Its also worth mentioning the bug fixes itself seemingly random(potentially "never"). Ruining your character "forever". No fix, including restarting Skyrim/reloading your game seems to fix this bug once its nestled your way into your character. Fun.

I suppose the best temporary solution I could recommend is to not be a werewolf(ever if possible).

Copied from BGSF's Unofficial Bug List.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 13 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Right, we've got the game freezing when you hit water bug...

We did the suggested cure (delete game data and re-install) but it didn't work...

Does anyone know if they're working on a cure in the (presumed) latest update?...

Not a game ending thing...As in, you switch it off...Switch it on again and continue whilst avoiding the puddle...

However, I resisted doing that update for so long because of said bug, and now I'm narked I gave into everyone here's desperation for new finishing moves...*Rollseyes*...Yeah, adds soooo much to the game... sad.gif ...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 13 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jun 13 2012, 02:03 PM) *

Right, we've got the game freezing when you hit water bug...

We did the suggested cure (delete game data and re-install) but it didn't work...

Does anyone know if they're working on a cure in the (presumed) latest update?...

Not a game ending thing...As in, you switch it off...Switch it on again and continue whilst avoiding the puddle...

However, I resisted doing that update for so long because of said bug, and now I'm narked I gave into everyone here's desperation for new finishing moves...*Rollseyes*...Yeah, adds soooo much to the game... sad.gif ...

I'm still playing on a totally un-patched game myself. That said, when the DLC comes out, I see that changing. (so this gives me food for thought, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 13 2012, 07:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 14 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jun 13 2012, 02:03 PM) *

Did you delete the game data AND the update 1.5? You have to delete both of them, and then re-install both.

Then again, you're on PC. I'm not sure if it's the same for Pc players. But that's what got me...I was deleting the game data but not the update. I had to delete both, and re-install both, before I could go underwater.

Just wait till you see it. It's so delicious at times.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:31 AM