Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Kiln
post Apr 17 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #21

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Illydoor @ Apr 17 2009, 10:35 AM) *

People say it's worse than CoD:MW but tbh, I really don't think it is. The campaign is amazing, and nazi zombies is perfect for when you start sucking online and think ah bugar it I'll just go blow up some zombies for quarter of an hour.

Agreed.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Apr 19 2009, 05:03 AM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

I really like WaW too, what's your gamertag? I'm Wanderer101, simpler than most of my friends' tags. I got Fallout 3, but I've begun to have a falling out with it..... But I have gotten very into Left 4 Dead (zombie apocalypse game). I've given teaching my Dad to play games another whirl, it helps that L4D is splitscreen and xbox live cooperative.

Due to my PC being Foxtrot Unicorn Charlie Kilo I am forced to play old[er] games

All but one of those were the pheonetic alphabet, U is uniform.... one letter difference. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 19 2009, 05:07 AM
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 19 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #23

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Play??? gah it's been weeks since I had time to play, sometimes RL is overwhelming. kvleft.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Apr 19 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

Been borrowing Rock Band from a friend. It's pretty awesome. I'm also playing GTA IV on PC. The video editor in GTA PC version is fantastic!

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
milanius
post Apr 19 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #25

Agent

Various Call of Duty games [blazed trough 4 & 5 on Regular, tried 5 on hardcore, promptly quit that] and Fallout: Tactics.

Since I bought a whole LEGAL Fallout collection on DVD recently for about 4$ I am playing FO:T. Now, this is interesting concept, leading & molding own par... eh, squad, instead of a bunch of NPC's who can only be controlled so much, but there is one thing that makes my blood boil.

Random ecounters. Jesus F. Christ. Every 50 miliseconds a random ecounter. I have 80 in Outdoorsman and am beginning to wonder why the hell did they even implement it if gameplay is going to be so hamster cave choppy all the time. If someone, anyone, knows a way to lower the rate of them, please help.

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 23 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

Just got GTA IV of PS3. So far, I've found it to be a perfectly cut 24 carat diamond of a game.
+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Apr 23 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #27

Evoker

Hey cousin! Listen! It is your cousin! Lets go see a show!

I'm playing Civilization IV. Quite enjoyable, I just wish I had a bit more free time to play it.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 24 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #28

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Apr 23 2009, 08:58 PM) *

Just got GTA IV of PS3. So far, I've found it to be a perfectly cut 24 carat diamond of a game.

Great game you've got there, I think it has alot more replayability than the previous GTA games. Deeper relationships with characters, better voice acting, and much more driven story as well. Its a real winner in my book.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Apr 24 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

And it has loads of what I love most in the GTA games, withering cynicism. I just love listening to the radio.
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Apr 26 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #30

Agent

Right now I play The lord of the rings: Conquest.
I also play Dawn of war: Dark crusade and Dawn of war 2

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 5 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

I got GH World Tour yesterday, I've been playing it so much I'm finding it hard to type...

And I dug out Bishi Bashi Special. And excellent example of why everybody in the Japanese gaming industry is utterly insane.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 6 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Pie throwing at a wedding? Shooting cans of fizzy drinks up into orbit? That's not the Japan I know. That's just plain weird. blink.gif

That said, they do make some good stuff. (when they're not high on drugs)
Like Gundam (though Tomino should learn not to kill'em all)
Armored Core
Super Robot Taisen...Ok, so the good stuff tends to be for geeks with a rather narrow field of interest. I mean, I just listed the robots, but I could also list magical girls if I had more than a passing interest in them. I like the ones in this game I'm going to worship now, but that's more because of the irony. They're uber cute...and liberally toss around more firepower than your average army.

Err right, the most japanese game that I have played (and still play, from time to time) would have to be Disgaea for the DS. At first glance, it's just another turn-based tactical rpg in the vein of Final Fantasy tactics. But the setting, oh boy the setting!

The story can be described as: Join the pure evil (He's perfected the laugh of the Overlord, so he's damn evil) ruler of hell on his whacky adventures, doing acts of despicable evil, battling mid-bosses called mid-boss, while accompanied by, in no particular order...A devil girl with a severe backstabbing disorder which she does not even attempt to hide at all! (It's ok, a real demon is ambitious.)

The angel-in-training/assassin sent from the heavens who would rather preach all day about flowers, love and kindness! Also, love is the most powerfull weapon of mass destruction in the multiverse.(Note: friendship does not work that way!)

A Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon/Captain Kirk parody who really is the dumbest bag of testosterone ever!(Never loses his shirt, thank god)

Robbie the robot from Forbidden Planet! (ok, he's got a new name but dangit, it's him)

Penguins that explode when thrown! Also slave-labour (Dood, this is not what I had in mind when they said I could reincarnate in order to redeem my sins.)

And a hundred lolis with more firepower than the US nuclear arsenal. (Be glad no one is interested in conquering the garbage dump called earth. I mean, these lolis were created in a single week by a bored overlord and are themselves less than a week old. Give them a year, and they'll become more powerfull than the Death Star...individually)

The average gameplay turn is something along the lines of:
1: Giggling death loli summons a multiple miles high golem that shoots lightning from its fingertips. Or if she's nearly out of magic and running on empty fumes, holy deathlasers from outer space. Buh-bye! wub.gif (I thought magical girls were supposed to be sugarly sweet and friendly? What's with the mass-genocide?!)
2: Overlord summons a meteor and rides it to the ground...while laughing. HAAHAHAHA evillol.gif (There go the dinosaurs, again.)
3: Various other lolis that are neither as giggling nor as deathdealing as the first one go to town with swords that can cause tornadoes, axes that make the ground explode into a crater, guns that can fire rapidly enough to keep their user airborne and bows...nah, scratch the bows. They suck.
4: Werecat (more like catgirl) does her best Fist of the North star impression. Attattattatatata and all that. In other words, rapid-fire punching.
5: Prinnie (penguin) breathes a sigh of relief as it finds out that everyone had been too busy killing stuff to notice that they had a walking grenade on their side just begging to be used. Dood.
End turn.

So yeah, it's final fantasy tactics, dressed up in a parody of japanese otaku culture and with even the most basic techniques/spells tuned up to eleven when it comes down to visuals. That miles-high golem? It's not even the most powerful spell in its category. And I love it for that whackiness.

Oh, and before I forget to mention...Nippon ichi (the makers of Disgaea) love their grinding. Maximum level? 9999. Level of the final boss? Somewhere around 110/120. Level of the first bonus boss? 2000. And unlike some examples, you can recruit her after kicking the crap out of her and she loses none of her strength when on your side. Then there are more bonus bosses after her...Who also join upon defeat. More powerful ones to.
That final boss is so screwed.

Man I need to get back to playing. The manual had a picture of a Super Sentai (power ranger) used on the player's side. I want to unlock that class. cool.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 14 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

That sounds even madder than Bishi Bashi Special.

That's quite something...
+Quote Post
LadyTaurucis
post Jul 12 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #34

Associate

As of recently, I have been playing The Sims 2 and Oblivion.

--------------------
When the Imperial Guards mention "there's a psychopath on the loose" they're talking about me.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Jul 14 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #35

Knower
Group Icon

Mostly Rock Band 2, Halo 3 and GTA IV lately.

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 15 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #36

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daedroth @ Jul 14 2009, 11:56 AM) *

Mostly Rock Band 2, Halo 3 and GTA IV lately.

Played Saints Row 2 yet? I had alot of fun with that one, its a blatant ripoff of the GTA series and I'm actually pretty surprised that there haven't been any lawsuits but it does alot of things better than GTA in my opinion, I find it to be more replayable, of course thats just my opinion. cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jul 16 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

Just modified my PC last week to be able to play Fallout 3. Quite enjoyable. Especially being able to do so on a machine that is seven years old, with very few problems. Adding on a gigabyte of memory will do that. I need to see how Oblivion runs now...

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jul 16 2009, 03:47 AM
Post #38

Finder
Group Icon

My brother recently (re)addicted me to World of Warcraft, but I still play Fallout 3 or Oblivion everyday on my 360.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 17 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #39

Mage
Group Icon

Currently I'm playing nothing, as my consoles are on the other side of the Irish Sea, but before I left, and once I get home, I was and will be playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I loves me a good JRPG tongue.gif
And it is definitely a good one. In my opinion, anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
milanius
post Jul 23 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #40

Agent

I'm playing an MMO"RPG":

http://www.playrequiem.com/default.aspx

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post

255 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM